Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

There we go Tulir. Mundivore and Quota are finally seen to.

Mail-Mi, what's Timeport going to do now?

I'm thinking he wakes up, gives a few death threats, then exits dramatically to tell CorpseMaker everything he knows.

Also, where will Mommy fit in the MEE? Or maybe she'll see them going into this war and be horrified...

Edited by mail-mi

Nope--never heard of it. Glad to see I'm inadvertently plagiarizing books I've never read, though. :P

I wasn't planning on writing a Chicago Joe POV, but the post was looking fairly bland when it was all about Lightwards being the worst manager ever. :P

I don't have anything to say to that besides... wow, I'm glad I'm self-employed. :o

Where did you come from, where did you go….:P 

Is he going to tell the story of how he was chased by a murderous Fortuity, enraged because Chicago Joe was stealing all the ladies? :P 

I've got a much better manager now. And if there was one bright side to that job, it was that it was in a state with no server's wage and one of the highest minimum wages in the country, and for a company that did tipshare. So by the time I left, I had enough money to pay cash for a fairly nice car without taking out any loans. 

Still, glad I left before Calamity hit and decided, "Hey, that guy looks like he'd make a pretty good necromancer…." :P

There we go Tulir. Mundivore and Quota are finally seen to.

Mail-Mi, what's Timeport going to do now?

Sweet, I think then Twi will reply with Quota then.

Come Nightfall the MEE is going to be attacking the three factions, so here's who'll be attacking where although this is just my rough plan, if anyone wants a change in it I'm open to suggestions.

Collaborate and his team will be taking CM, as they would seem the most obvious threat, he'll have a team consisting of:

Glint: Illusionist, can create small but detailed illusions. Illusions become semi transparent if a strong light source is directed at them.

Spitfire: Can spit poisons over long distances, skin contact poisons can be used but aren't lethal, her only lethal poisons need to be injected directly into a person, she files her teeth to points so that she can bite people to insert these lethal poisons.

Sidestep: Can step into an alternate dimension parallel to ours, although this dimension contains no air so he can only remain as long as he can hold his breath, cannot perceive the world while in his dimension.

Uriel: Can create a sword of flame, immune to burns from his sword but not other flames, sword is hot enough to melt through most metals.

And a squad of around 10 vanillas they recruited equipped with what weapons they could find.

Stitch will be leading the attack against the Empire, he'll try to hold off the Epics while his team tries to crash the museum.  He's with:

Whittle: Can shape whatever he's touching, is limited to what he can cup in his hands.

Yorrick: Can manipulate skulls, when he does so they produce a flaming aura around themselves.

Scrapyard: Can transform parts of his body into various types of machinery. (Drills, saws, etc.)

Cute Capricious Companion of Calamity (C4): Can secrete a gel which she can detonate with a whistle as long as she's within earshot of it.

Refill will be attacking TT along with:

Dodgeball and Growthspurt (If that's ok with Fatebreaker)

Flowerface

Synesthesia

That's going to be an awesome attack. 

The only manager who doesn't is the restaurant manager who threw temper tantrums, made me stand outside in −4 degree weather so I could get the door for people (he let me wear a coat, at least) and scheduled everyone to work on Christmas Eve so he could take the night off. And the only reason he doesn't look better by comparison is because I'm 99.99% sure that if he could have turned his employees into mindless slaves without fear of legal repercussions, he would have. :o:P

:blink:

Nope--never heard of it. Glad to see I'm inadvertently plagiarizing books I've never read, though. :P

I wasn't planning on writing a Chicago Joe POV, but the post was looking fairly bland when it was all about Lightwards being the worst manager ever. :P

I don't have anything to say to that besides... wow, I'm glad I'm self-employed. :o

Not really plagarizing. He was mostly a drunk played for laughts, almost ridiculously so, with a bit of depression thrown in there, then came his death scene and I cried a little. :mellow:

Trying to decide if Lucentia should start with the conversation proper or start browsing for a new dress first.

I'm thinking he wakes up, gives a few death threats, then exits dramatically to tell CorpseMaker everything he knows.

Also, where will Mommy fit in the MEE? Or maybe she'll see them going into this war and be horrified...

Wait, didn't read your post before I answered. He'll be frustrated that almost everyone got away and get revenge through CorpseMaker.

I had two realization concerning the MEE attack on the museum... wait now it´s three.

1) If you want guranteed Stitch survival give him a pony. :P

2)Lightwards "survival" will probably depend on whether or not his powers grow or diminish with death.

3)How are they even going to reach the museum? Lucentia has enough sense not to let the giant pillar stand while they are asleep, at least not without proper precautions.

I had two realization concerning the MEE attack on the museum... wait now it´s three.

2)Lightwards "survival" will probably depend on whether or not his powers grow or diminish with death.

3)How are they even going to reach the museum? Lucentia has enough sense not to let the giant pillar stand while they are asleep, at least not without proper precautions.

[sarcasm]Giant climbing ladder of Mommy's children?[/sarcasm]

Trying to decide if Lucentia should start with the conversation proper or start browsing for a new dress first.

I doubt there's anything particularly fancy available in the main shop. It's possible the tailor's done work for Epics before though, so there might be some higher quality dresses in the back room she could borrow.

Is he going to tell the story of how he was chased by a murderous Fortuity, enraged because Chicago Joe was stealing all the ladies? :P

If that story is ever told, it will be left up in the air whether it actually happened or whether Chicago Joe is making up wild fibs about himself. :P

1) Give me a physical description to work from and I'll get right to it. :D

2) I wouldn't be opposed to it--it might be hard to put that detail in at this point though, since with three deaths you'd think he'd have noticed. Unless his control extends by only one or two zombies each death.

3) Maybe Stitch could Awaken control all the threads in the city, forming a giant woven bridge to the Museum?

[sarcasm]Giant climbing ladder of Mommy's children?[/sarcasm]

[ignoresarcasmmode] I´m sold! She was in Astoria, right? Then I guess Lucentia gets to slaughter the children. Really don´t you think it´s cruel to involve the children into this mess, you monster. [/monstermode] :P

I doubt there's anything particularly fancy available in the main shop. It's possible the tailor's done work for Epics before though, so there might be some higher quality dresses in the back room she could borrow.

Back room got ya.

Edited by Edgedancer

Their guns wouldn't be made for anything else, not many materials are strange enough to damage the metal, and it would just be a very hard process. I think an arrow to the eye is the best way to kill him.

Or the knee.

I thought about this too, but in reality crafting firearms that shoot a substance other than metal would be extremely expensive and not necessarily effective. Also keep in mind, he's only one Epic, and he doesn't go into combat regularly. He and his crew don't just attack Vondra's empire, that would be counter productive. They smuggle banned items into the city, run a black market, steal what they need(or want), and generally keep an eye on Vondra and his goons. Every now and then they'll do some damage, but they try to keep it to a minimum so Vondra can't analyze their powers too much. 

Refill will be attacking TT along with:

Dodgeball and Growthspurt (If that's ok with Fatebreaker)

Flowerface

Synesthesia

Totally fine with me. Let's show those stuck-up jerks they're not the only one wit' powahs!. 

I think I'll give Dodgeball two uzi's and some grenades and Growthspurt a rifle(which he'll have shortened to a pistol) and sword.

I've been waiting for a combat situation to put these guys in.

Just a thought, what if refill carried a bunch of bottles with a drop or two of liquor in them and a wick. He can essentially carry a bunch of Molotov cocktails with him, but he doesn't have to worry about extra weight or dropping them.

Easy, they'll be joined by,  BALLOON MAN!!! This extraordinary Epic can create balloons out of thin air! He can fill them with anything, helium, air, water, acid, you name it! From small party balloons to weather balloons, size is no object! He can even maniulate the strings attached to the balloons! He can make them thicker than an anaconda or thinner than a piece of sting! He can also make balloon animals which come to life and obey him!(But one prick of a needle and BANG! no more balloon animal) He is, BALLOON MAAAAAAAN!!!!!

Seriously though, can I make this guy? I think I'll call him the Mad Ballooner. 

[ignoresarcasmmode] I´m sold! She was in Astoria, right? Then I guess Lucentia gets to slaughter the children. Really don´t you think it´s cruel to involve the children into this mess, you monster. [/monstermode] :P

I think Fade would put a stop to this, for secretive, back-story reasons. :ph34r:

Edited by Fatebreaker

Or the knee.

I thought about this too, but in reality crafting firearms that shoot a substance other than metal would be extremely expensive and not necessarily effective. Also keep in mind, he's only one Epic, and he doesn't go into combat regularly. He and his crew don't just attack Vondra's empire, that would be counter productive. They smuggle banned items into the city, run a black market, steal what they need(or want), and generally keep an eye on Vondra and his goons. Every now and then they'll do some damage, but they try to keep it to a minimum so Vondra can't analyze their powers too much. 

Totally fine with me. Let's show those stuck-up jerks they're not the only one wit' powahs!. 

I think I'll give Dodgeball two uzi's and some grenades and Growthspurt a rifle(which he'll have shortened to a pistol) and sword.

I've been waiting for a combat situation to put these guys in.

Just a thought, what if refill carried a bunch of bottles with a drop or two of liquor in them and a wick. He can essentially carry a bunch of Molotov cocktails with him, but he doesn't have to worry about extra weight or dropping them.

Easy, they'll be joined by,  BALLOON MAN!!! This extraordinary Epic can create balloons out of thin air! He can fill them with anything, helium, air, water, acid, you name it! From small party balloons to weather balloons, size is no object! He can even maniulate the strings attached to the balloons! He can make them thicker than an anaconda or thinner than a piece of sting! He can also make balloon animals which come to life and obey him!(But one prick of a needle and BANG! no more balloon animal) He is, BALLOON MAAAAAAAN!!!!!

Seriously though, can I make this guy? I think I'll call him the Mad Ballooner. 

I think Fade would put a stop to this, for secretive, back-story reasons. :ph34r:

Doesn´t he have Arsenal though? That would reduce the costs to zero.

Depending on their opponent they might even have a chance.

He sounds entertaining, although there should be a limit to what he can fill the baloons from otherwise there is going to be some insane hijinks.

Good then that I was only joking. ;)

Poor Backtrack. He needs a girl who genuinely likes him. (Wonder if Backtrack/Candyflame would work out…. :P

Hope that last flashback was okay. :o

She at least wouldn´t insult him, then again she also wouldn´t laugh at his jokes... getting to the point where she´s the only woman that would take you is actually kind of sad.

Well, I´m going to sleep fairly soon and still have planing to do for the next Calamityville post, so I would say it´s perfect. :P

Poor Backtrack. He needs a girl who genuinely likes him. (Wonder if Backtrack/Candyflame would work out…. :P

Hope that last flashback was okay. :o

It's not quite as a bad as the time he developed a crush on a girl who lived during the 1930s... but yeah, his love life is rather pathetic at the moment. :P

That flashback was horrifying, though I managed to upvote it with my shaking fingers. :o

It's not quite as a bad as the time he developed a crush on a girl who lived during the 1930s... but yeah, his love life is rather pathetic at the moment. :P

That flashback was horrifying, though I managed to upvote it with my shaking fingers. :o

I can't decide whether that's bittersweet, pathetic, or a little bit of both. Maybe I'll combine the two to get "tragically adorable." :P 

Horrifying is what I was aiming for. Still, I feel bad about the shaking fingers so….

sleeping_pug_by_enne23-d2xlsvd.jpg

Have a pile of sleeping pug puppies. 

That was....horrible...

So...Reader post before or after Backtrack's reaction?

Well, Koschei started out as the answer to the question "Why does Remington Springfield hate Lightwards so much?" Well, I decided it was because he had known, probably killed, a resurrection Epic in the near past…who was like Lightwards, but worse….and since Lightwards saw himself as an emperor, that meant Koschei saw himself as one step above that, which meant he saw himself as a god….so I took that ball and ran with it, following him past the Moral Event Horizon and straight on down. 

Maybe I made him too depraved…. :unsure: if it's any consolation, that scene wasn't easy to write. 

After, I think? Not sure what Kobold wants to do. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I can't decide whether that's bittersweet, pathetic, or a little bit of both. Maybe I'll combine the two to get "tragically adorable." :P

Backtrack wishes he could put time in a bottle. :P

("Tragically adorable" describes him quite well, doesn't it?)

Well, Koschei started out as the answer to the question "Why does Remington Springfield hate Lightwards so much?" Well, I decided it was because he had known, probably killed, a resurrection Epic in the near past…who was like Lightwards, but worse….and since Lightwards saw himself as an emperor, that meant Koschei saw himself as one step above that, which meant he saw himself as a god….so I took that ball and ran with it, following him past the Moral Event Horizon and straight on down. 

Maybe I made him too depraved…. :unsure: if it's any consolation, that scene wasn't easy to write. 

After, I think? Not sure what Kobold wants to do. 

Koschei is definitely a terrifying character--he's so awfully awful, he makes Lightwards look like a friendly Sunday school teacher. :o

But I don't think he's too depraved, either. It seems quite rational that Oregon would have already had a few Epics like him in its past.

(Depending on how many more deaths he has, Lightwards could very well end up as bad as Koschei was. He gets a little more delusional every time--it's only a matter of time before he starts getting the idea of godhood into his head...  :unsure:)

As for the Backtrack/Reader conversation, I could go either way. I could write up a short post describing Backtrack's horror before being called into Reader's office, or Mail-mi could write a post that starts with Backtrack and the twins being brought in. I can work both ways.

Edited by Kobold King

As for the Backtrack/Reader conversation, I could go either way. I could write up a short post describing Backtrack's horror before being called into Reader's office, or Mail-mi could write a post that starts with Backtrack and the twins being brought in. I can work both ways.

Let's do a backtrack one first then.

Backtrack wishes he could put time in a bottle. :P

("Tragically adorable" describes him quite well, doesn't it?)

It does. He needs a cute ship in the present tense (not a crush on a sweet girl who walked the Oregon Trail). ;) 

Koschei is definitely a terrifying character--he's so awfully awful, he makes Lightwards look like a friendly Sunday school teacher. :o

But I don't think he's too depraved, either. It seems quite rational that Oregon would have already had a few Epics like him in its past.

(Depending on how many more deaths he has, Lightwards could very well end up as bad as Koschei was. He gets a little more delusional every time--it's only a matter of time before he starts getting the idea of godhood into his head...  :unsure:)

Only, a Sunday School teacher would be insulted, if not horrified into therapy, if someone compared them to Koschei. Lightwards would probably be momentarily stunned, then humbled, then honored, before deciding to live up to the comparison. :o (Unless that shred of goodness in him is a little stronger than I thought.) 

Thanks. I figured Calamity would probably spawn a few Epics like him—those who took the idea of "godlike power" to heart as they handed themselves over to Calamity's corruption. 

(At least he gets a little more insane and random each time. Not much of a consolation, but Koschei didn't have the same mental-decay caveat that comes with Lightwards' resurrections. All the same, it'd probably be best for the citizens of the Empire if he didn't find out about Koschei for a while. It might give him ideas. :o

It does. He needs a cute ship in the present tense (not a crush on a sweet girl who walked the Oregon Trail). ;)

Only, a Sunday School teacher would be insulted, if not horrified into therapy, if someone compared them to Koschei. Lightwards would probably be momentarily stunned, then humbled, then honored, before deciding to live up to the comparison. :o (Unless that shred of goodness in him is a little stronger than I thought.) 

Thanks. I figured Calamity would probably spawn a few Epics like him—those who took the idea of "godlike power" to heart as they handed themselves over to Calamity's corruption. 

(At least he gets a little more insane and random each time. Not much of a consolation, but Koschei didn't have the same mental-decay caveat that comes with Lightwards' resurrections. All the same, it'd probably be best for the citizens of the Empire if he didn't find out about Koschei for a while. It might give him ideas. :o

The word most people would use to describe Koschei is "psychopath." The word Lightwards would pick is "visionary." :o

Even fairly minor Epics like Mitosis declared themselves to be gods--honestly, it's a wonder there aren't more Epics in Oregon who preach their own divinity.

Backtrack/MV is kind of adorbs... you know, provided Backtrack stops groping her at every opportunity.  <_< He may have to tone down some of his more creeptastic vibes if he's ever going to find true love.  :P

The word most people would use to describe Koschei is "psychopath." The word Lightwards would pick is "visionary." :o

Even fairly minor Epics like Mitosis declared themselves to be gods--honestly, it's a wonder there aren't more Epics in Oregon who preach their own divinity.

Backtrack/MV is kind of adorbs... you know, provided Backtrack stops groping her at every opportunity.  <_< He may have to tone down some of his more creeptastic vibes if he's ever going to find true love.  :P

….yeah. Again, good thing they never met. Koschei would most likely try to kill him, or hold death over his head as a constant warning against rebellion, but I have the distinct feeling that had Lightwards gone along with Backtrack to see these visions for himself, the Empire would be a much nastier place to live. :o 

(Also, Lightwards' habit of attaching inspirational adjectives to crimes against humanity is super creepy.  :wacko:

I agree. If he tones down his creepiness and she decides to move from pity to actual attraction, we could have another OTP on our hands. :P