Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Idea: BusDriver works for Quicksilver instead of Vondra, because V already has a mode of transportation, and QS needs one.

Sounds good to me. thumbs-up.gif

I guess we're waiting for Voidus before we begin the conversation? I don't even know what the twins' real names are.

….yeah. Again, good thing they never met. Koschei would most likely try to kill him, or hold death over his head as a constant warning against rebellion, but I have the distinct feeling that had Lightwards gone along with Backtrack to see these visions for himself, the Empire would be a much nastier place to live. :o

(Also, Lightwards' habit of attaching inspirational adjectives to crimes against humanity is super creepy.  :wacko:

I agree. If he tones down his creepiness and she decides to move from pity to actual attraction, we could have another OTP on our hands. :P

Oh, the Empire's already going to take a sharp turn downwards here soon. If Lightwards finds a way to have Upgrade's effects transferred to him, whether by a Phoenix device or by a severed hand necklace, then the Empire will be a very nasty place to live. If Lightwards had his limit removed, I do not exaggerate when I say he would kill every last living citizen and turn them into Warriors.  :unsure:

Yep, let's endeavor to make OTP stop standing for "One Terrible Pervert" when Backtrack's around. :P

Oh, the Empire's already going to take a sharp turn downwards here soon. If Lightwards finds a way to have Upgrade's effects transferred to him, whether by a Phoenix device or by a severed hand necklace, then the Empire will be a very nasty place to live. If Lightwards had his limit removed, I do not exaggerate when I say he would kill every last living citizen and turn them into Warriors.  :unsure:

Yep, let's endeavor to make OTP stop standing for "One Terrible Pervert" when Backtrack's around. :P

I believe it. Lightwards' devotion to his sick "cause" is well beyond "fanatical" status. Actually, if he could dial it back to "fanatical," he might approach something akin to someone who was once a decent human being. :o

Now, here's a question: Would the severed hand count as living, or could Funtimes transform it into a kitten-shaped pocket watch, or even a wall clock so he'd look like Flava Flav? :P

Yeah….that'd be great. :P

Also, question to everyone: Who is using an Epic who used to work for Koschei? If you'd rather PM it to me, that's fine, but I'd like to know which Epics Koschei had in his employ so I can include them in his flashbacks. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I'm thinking he wakes up, gives a few death threats, then exits dramatically to tell CorpseMaker everything he knows.

Also, where will Mommy fit in the MEE? Or maybe she'll see them going into this war and be horrified...

She can stay behind with the research teams and take care of domestic matters in their HQ, but yeah they're definitely going to be fighting so if she's adverse to that the MEE is probably not the best place.

3)How are they even going to reach the museum? Lucentia has enough sense not to let the giant pillar stand while they are asleep, at least not without proper precautions.

Yorrick will give everyone a skull to hang on to and fly them up :P

2) I wouldn't be opposed to it--it might be hard to put that detail in at this point though, since with three deaths you'd think he'd have noticed. Unless his control extends by only one or two zombies each death.

You could give him a threshold, once he reaches five deaths his powers start increasing, but that would just be completely arbitrary :P

I believe it. Lightwards' devotion to his sick "cause" is well beyond "fanatical" status. Actually, if he could dial it back to "fanatical," he might approach something akin to someone who was once a decent human being. :o

Now, here's a question: Would the severed hand count as living, or could Funtimes transform it into a kitten-shaped pocket watch, or even a wall clock so he'd look like Flava Flav? :P

Also, question to everyone: Who is using an Epic who used to work for Koschei? If you'd rather PM it to me, that's fine, but I'd like to know which Epics Koschei had in his employ so I can include them in his flashbacks. 

I first conceived of Lightwards' mission as a dark inversion of Reed Richards is Useless--Lightwards fundamentally believes that he's using his powers for the betterment of mankind. There's obviously a heck of a lot of self-serving going on in this reasoning, since his vision of utopia involves him as the Emperor of the Galaxy. But he considers himself a benevolent leader at heart.

Funtimes' powers... working on corpses... I'm completely unsure of this.  :blink: We know she can make living things out of inorganic matter, but she's never been seen using her powers on anything that had once been alive. That I can remember.

I envisioned Glamour and Redlight as having gained their powers post-Koschei, and Deathwish was out of town scheming against him at the time. So none of mine.

Funtimes used her powers on a tree during the FuntimesxNighthoundxLightwards fight didn't she? I'd say it should work on corpses, similar limitations to Steelhearts.

Didn't she just make a tree, not actually affect one? 

She certainly could affect a corpse; she did it with the tree, leaves, and Hotwire's corpse. (She turned her into soil, which seemed the least disrespectful thing to do.) I was wondering if the hand necklace would be technically dead or technically alive. 

What was left of Hotwire's corpse.  :ph34r:

Off-topic, but does anyone else think it's hilarious that Backtrack's the first one to get his name said out loud by Reader? Considering this whole thing started when Backtrack greeted Lightwards as "Professor Cardinal"?

What was left of Hotwire's corpse.  :ph34r:

Off-topic, but does anyone else think it's hilarious that Backtrack's the first one to get his name said out loud by Reader? Considering this whole thing started when Backtrack greeted Lightwards as "Professor Cardinal"?

More respectful than turning her into raptor food. Or trying to raise her as a zombie. (Fun fact: Funtimes had no idea he couldn't raise Epics, and so made Hotwire part of the jungle to keep him from getting his hands on one more zombie. She had other reasons for turning the museum into a jungle, but that was one of them.)  :ph34r:

Karma? :P

Everyone who had Epics under Koschei, tell me what they would have done and worn. Koschei liked his followers to look their best, but made concessions based on personal preferences. 

No, he's in Calamityville.

6947b8cb431192587e9a2b2253401994.png

More respectful than turning her into raptor food. Or trying to raise her as a zombie. (Fun fact: Funtimes had no idea he couldn't raise Epics, and so made Hotwire part of the jungle to keep him from getting his hands on one more zombie. She had other reasons for turning the museum into a jungle, but that was one of them.)  :ph34r:

...I'm guessing these reasons were more than just smoothing ruffled feathers from the gasoline incident? :o

No, he's in Calamityville.

6947b8cb431192587e9a2b2253401994.png

...I'm guessing these reasons were more than just smoothing ruffled feathers from the gasoline incident? :o

Oh, you. :P

That was her main reason, but there were other reasons, too. Did he get a chance to see and raise every dinosaur skeleton in that museum before she welcomed him to the floating jungle? :ph34r:

Oh, you. :P

That was her main reason, but there were other reasons, too. Did he get a chance to see and raise every dinosaur skeleton in that museum before she welcomed him to the floating jungle? :ph34r:

...Um, I thought so? Maybe? Most of the big ones, anyway...?

Aw sparks. Something terrible is going to happen now. #epicfail

...Um, I thought so? Maybe? Most of the big ones, anyway...?

Aw sparks. Something terrible is going to happen now. #epicfail

He can't miss what he never had. And since she transformed the books and pamphlets, too, what he doesn't know can't hurt him. And what he doesn't know is that he'll be down more than a few dinosaur Warriors. :ph34r:

Sounds good to me. thumbs-up.gif

I guess we're waiting for Voidus before we begin the conversation? I don't even know what the twins' real names are.

Well, Lightwards would have to deal with his Epic followers without them being killed.  Unless he decided to massacre them all...

Everyone who had Epics under Koschei, tell me what they would have done and worn. Koschei liked his followers to look their best, but made concessions based on personal preferences. 

I believe I decided Event Horizon to have served under Koschei.  He preferred clothing based more on utility, but enjoyed the feeling of terror he inspired by tossing out black holes in a suit.  So any clothing between there is what he would wear.

Well, Lightwards would have to deal with his Epic followers without them being killed. Unless he decided to massacre them all...

I believe I decided Event Horizon to have served under Koschei. He preferred clothing based more on utility, but enjoyed the feeling of terror he inspired by tossing out black holes in a suit. So any clothing between there is what he would wear.

A black suit with a red, black, white, silver, or gold tie? Or maybe a suit, but he only wore the jacket for special occasions or when he was outside? Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Twi and Kobold, would the Epics of MONA make another Speech to the population sometime in the next few days?

It's certainly within the realm of possibility. And Lightwards has been meaning to replace his elderly Warriors with younger, fitter individuals any way.

Why, if I might be so bold?

It's certainly within the realm of possibility. And Lightwards has been meaning to replace his elderly Warriors with younger, fitter individuals any way.

Why, if I might be so bold?

Weather report for the Empire: There's a 75% chance of a speech by Lightwards, and a 93% chance of Funtimes interrupting that speech. :P

A black suit with a red, black, white, silver, or gold tie? Or maybe a suit, but he only wore the jacket for special occasions or when he was outside?

Your second sentence, and black suit, silver tie.

Soulswitch is the only one of my Epics who could have plausibly met him, and he is the type to schmooze up to the most powerful Epics he can find. Up to you though.

I'd leave it up to you. Do you want him to have served under the purest force of evil The Dalles has ever seen, or would you rather he remains a sleazy force for petty evil? :P