Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

You could write it from the perspective of the officer who thinks he's going to die because one of the twins accidentally showed him a little skin. :P

Idea Flash: Temptress: Can kill/take controll over people that leer at her. Can you guess what comes next? And then Nighthound died.

Yippee!

Here are the only two I've been able to think of so far.

Glamour: A light-controlling Epic, twenty years old and formerly named Wilbert Abners. His ability to manipulate photons makes him a mild illusionist, capable of making himself or others invisible, blinding targets with bright lights, and casting simple and low-resolution illusions. When on missions he invariably wears dark goggles and a music-blaring headset that he refuses to turn off.

Redlight: A mobility Epic, twenty-three years old and formerly named Rhonda Stick. She is capable of "freezing" up to ten people within her line of sight, preventing them from moving. Targets thus freezed are still capable of speech or using most Epic powers.

After years of having Mayor Vondra refer to her as Ms. Stick, she's really kicking herself for not choosing "Mystic" as her Epic name.

Thanks.  ^_^ Here's another, who I envision as the only High Epic in Vondra's employ:

Deathwish: Thirty-five years old and formerly known as Edgar Hawk. Deathwish is capable of flight, and has slightly enhanced senses that render him a formidable adversary with a rifle.

His most effective power is his prime invincibility. Deathwish can heal from any injury that would otherwise have been fatal; wounds delivered with the intent to kill are redirected onto the attacker's body. Many snipers have died from inexplicable bullet wounds to the head after attempting to kill the Epic from a distance.

He is not wholly invincible, however. While attempts at terminating Deathwish have all failed, he cannot heal from wounds given without the intent to kill. Deliberate shots to the legs have been known to weaken him and force him to withdraw from conflict.

Deathwish arrived in The Dalles shortly after Koschei's death. He attempted to take the city for himself, planning on naming himself Emperor of Oregon. He was slowly worn down and captured by Vondra's forces, however, and ultimately agreed to serve as a high-ranking police military leader. When Mayor Vondra decides that offensive action is necessary within the city, Deathwish is the Epic most commonly employed for the mission.

Is this permissible?

They are nice but look at this list.

I'm excited to see this meetup. :)

So the list of Vondra's Epics so far:

Deathwish (NPC)

Redlight (NPC)

Glamour (NPC)
Edgerunner (Mailliw73)
Hydron (Tulir)
Reader (Mail-mi)

Did I miss anyone?

Missing: Reader, Arsenal and bus-driver. This should be the limit on what Vondra can keep control over, otherwise I doubt the Epics would take it.

Refill needs to touch the container a drink is in to refill it, that's not specific to blood. Although if people think it's too OP I can have him need to touch an open wound to do it.

I'm working on updating the list I swears! :P

Zips powers are really weird and I still struggle to think of a way to explain them, but I'm working on it, he can shrink a region of space, but he kind of stretches what's around it so that it still has the same edges, so doors still have wall on all sides even when shrunk, it's weird but that's the best way I can explain it.

Collaborate gains the strength of whoever considers themselves on his team, he needs his teammates to be relatively close, within around 1km to gain their strength. (So with one team mate he's as strong as two Vanillas, with two team mates he's aas strong as three and so on, he definitely wants to join the MEE)

Not neccesarrily OP in and of itself, just maybe in context of minor Epics.

Good. ;)

Alright, I get Collaborate.

I'm still trying to decide whether Backtrack should start flirting with every female Epic in The Dalles, or if he should become bizarrely fixated on the twins now. :P

Fixating on the twins would most likely be safer for him, in case he ever returns to Portland, otherwise I´m sure they wouldn´t like the fetch party. Plus, it would be oddly charming, maybe a mix of both?

Who's writing for Big Al at the moment?

As Joe said, we have been kind of passing him between us, maybe ask both of us just to be safe.

If Big Al dies we riot! :P

And Voidgaze would flat out destroy the killer. :P

Edited by Edgedancer

The thing about Streetwise is that he has to be constanlty listening in. And as soon as Timeport arrives, He'll be looking for Reckoners as well. There weill be plenty of time for plans that he hasn't heard.

Okay. That's true, I guess.

Yep, it's fine for Edgerunner to meet them.

Maybe Altermind could sweet talk Funtimes into giving them a floating building of their own? Or they could start holding major conferences in the Museum once they understand the Streetwise threat.

Cool!

I love that idea. ;)

Also, I put together an Edgerunner Pony Mark I, proffered here for peer review:

1fa81d056984edb355dd1752b404f8be.png

Alternative attire design:

21b71358f11364d35243586ec29de739.png

I like it! I can't decide which I like more. :)

Muhahahaha! :P  (Was that a legit okay?)

I just wondered, if they know about Quicksilver, why don´t the Dalles soldiers have bullets that are not made out of metal?

Their guns wouldn't be made for anything else, not many materials are strange enough to damage the metal, and it would just be a very hard process. I think an arrow to the eye is the best way to kill him.

Come Nightfall the MEE is going to be attacking the three factions, so here's who'll be attacking where although this is just my rough plan, if anyone wants a change in it I'm open to suggestions.

Collaborate and his team will be taking CM, as they would seem the most obvious threat, he'll have a team consisting of:
Glint: Illusionist, can create small but detailed illusions. Illusions become semi transparent if a strong light source is directed at them.
Spitfire: Can spit poisons over long distances, skin contact poisons can be used but aren't lethal, her only lethal poisons need to be injected directly into a person, she files her teeth to points so that she can bite people to insert these lethal poisons.
Sidestep: Can step into an alternate dimension parallel to ours, although this dimension contains no air so he can only remain as long as he can hold his breath, cannot perceive the world while in his dimension.
Uriel: Can create a sword of flame, immune to burns from his sword but not other flames, sword is hot enough to melt through most metals.
And a squad of around 10 vanillas they recruited equipped with what weapons they could find.

Stitch will be leading the attack against the Empire, he'll try to hold off the Epics while his team tries to crash the museum.  He's with:
Whittle: Can shape whatever he's touching, is limited to what he can cup in his hands.
Yorrick: Can manipulate skulls, when he does so they produce a flaming aura around themselves.
Scrapyard: Can transform parts of his body into various types of machinery. (Drills, saws, etc.)
Cute Capricious Companion of Calamity (C4): Can secrete a gel which she can detonate with a whistle as long as she's within earshot of it.

Refill will be attacking TT along with:
Dodgeball and Growthspurt (If that's ok with Fatebreaker)
Flowerface
Synesthesia

Edited by Voidus

:D (I think it would be a marvelously karmic death for our resident Stalkerface McCreeperton.)

Temptress could join the MEE if you want Edge, all the other factions might be getting a bit full.

How comes that half the jokes I make turn into cannon? Oh wait, that´s because we are insane. :P

Oh well, I might as well work on a profile for her. ;)

Come Nightfall the MEE is going to be attacking the three factions, so here's who'll be attacking where although this is just my rough plan, if anyone wants a change in it I'm open to suggestions.

Collaborate and his team will be taking CM, as they would seem the most obvious threat, he'll have a team consisting of:

Glint: Illusionist, can create small but detailed illusions. Illusions become semi transparent if a strong light source is directed at them.

Spitfire: Can spit poisons over long distances, skin contact poisons can be used but aren't lethal, her only lethal poisons need to be injected directly into a person, she files her teeth to points so that she can bit people to insert these lethal poisons.

Sidestep: Can step into an alternate dimension parallel to ours, although this dimension contains no air so he can only remain as long as he can hold his breath, cannot perceive the world while in his dimension.

Uriel: Can create a sword of flame, immune to burns from his sword but not other flames, sword is hot enough to melt through most metals.

And a squad of around 10 vanillas they recruited equipped with what weapons they could find.

Stitch will be leading the attack against the Empire, he'll try to hold off the Epics while his team tries to crash the museum.  He's with:

Whittle: Can shape whatever he's touching, is limited to what he can cup in his hands.

Yorrick: Can manipulate skulls, when he does so they produce a flaming aura around themselves.

Scrapyard: Can transform parts of his body into various types of machinery. (Drills, saws, etc.)

Cute Capricious Companion of Calamity (C4): Can secrete a gel which she can detonate with a whistle as long as she's within earshot of it.

Refill will be attacking TT along with:

Dodgeball and Growthspurt (If that's ok with Fatebreaker)

Flowerface

Action yay! ^_^ The TT group seemss kind of small by comparison and naturally there´s the question of lethality.

The CM group needs to be big for Collaborate and they view CM as a bigger threat than AM atm, but I will probably add another Epic or two for TT, my thoughts were that they mostly have vanillas on guard, Dodgeball can dodge all gunfire while taking them out, Flowerface can just cause massive irritation to everyone making it hard to fight, Growthspurt and Refill to actually kill them.

EDIT: I'll add Synesthesia into the attack on TT.

Edited by Voidus

The CM group needs to be big for Collaborate and they view CM as a bigger threat than AM atm, but I will probably add another Epic or two for TT, my thoughts were that they mostly have vanillas on guard, Dodgeball can dodge all gunfire while taking them out, Flowerface can just cause massive irritation to everyone making it hard to fight, Growthspurt and Refill to actually kill them.

EDIT: I'll add Synesthesia into the attack on TT.

That does seem about right, although at this point CM´s supporter (Streetwise, Toymaker, Quota, Upgrade (seriously that guy needs to die)) seem like a bigger danger to me than Corpsemaker himself. TT is interesting in that they have a lot of versatility, not that they don´t have heavy-hitters as well, I´m looking at you Voidgaze.

On another note here´s what I´ve been working on with Temptation:post-8809-0-85745300-1412419646_thumb.pn

She can take control over everyone that feel sexually attracted to her, the effect leaves the victim with the basics of their personallity but at her beck and call.

Furthermore, she can give a kiss of death to her victims.

Now her power started mostly as an anti-Nighthound joke but I don´t think I´m gonna bring her into Portland. For one with her powers she stikes me less than the type of Epic that would participate in a powerstruggle and more like the someone that would go and snatch herself some high Epic ruling a city. (By the way, if we ever make a more intrigue based city ruled by Epics I call dibs on giving major parts of it to the Devil. :ph34r: )

Another thing is, I´m not sure if I would feel comfortable with writing her. :unsure:

As an aside, when designing The Metal (recently I really like to talk about this guy, don´t I :P) I had to come up with a way for Lucentia to keep tabs on him and played, very shortly, with something vaguely similar to this but almost instantly tossed it.

This should be interesting. :) This should give everyone a chance to horrifically slaughter other Epics show off their powers.  :ph34r:

That does seem about right, although at this point CM´s supporter (Streetwise, Toymaker, Quota, Upgrade (seriously that guy needs to die)) seem like a bigger danger to me than Corpsemaker himself. TT is interesting in that they have a lot of versatility, not that they don´t have heavy-hitters as well, I´m looking at you Voidgaze.

On another note here´s what I´ve been working on with Temptation:attachicon.gifTemptation.png

She can take control over everyone that feel sexually attracted to her, the effect leaves the victim with the basics of their personallity but at her beck and call.

Furthermore, she can give a kiss of death to her victims.

Now her power started mostly as an anti-Nighthound joke but I don´t think I´m gonna bring her into Portland. For one with her powers she stikes me less than the type of Epic that would participate in a powerstruggle and more like the someone that would go and snatch herself some high Epic ruling a city. (By the way, if we ever make a more intrigue based city ruled by Epics I call dibs on giving major parts of it to the Devil. :ph34r: )

Another thing is, I´m not sure if I would feel comfortable with writing her. :unsure:

Upgrade doesn't get to die until he's supercharged every Epic in the RP at least once. :P

And I actually kind of like Temptress. She's like an evil Blushweaver.

This should be interesting. :) This should give everyone a chance to horrifically slaughter other Epics show off their powers.  :ph34r:

Upgrade doesn't get to die until he's supercharged every Epic in the RP at least once. :P

Stitch will need to stay alive, but I think all the others are fair game.

All this slaughter, when will it ever end start.

Jolly.

Evil!Blushweaver, never thaught of it like that but it fits. Funny that you say that, given Lightwards aversion to physical affection (and him comparing woman to insects <_<).

Stitch will need to stay alive, but I think all the others are fair game.

Well, I know that I get to kill at least one, so I´m content. :P

Aldo can shrink inanimate objects, but nothing that's organic. Could he use his power to destroy one of Scrapyard's limbs while the limb is turned into a drill or something?

I'd say so yes, but it would probably change back to normal once it returned to being a limb.

I knew there were bad leaders out there, but Lightwards really takes the cake. I mean, I've had managers who seemed to think their employees didn't need to sleep or eat, but Lightwards seems to actively deny this reality until it is literally staring him in the face, at which point he shoots the starving, sleep-deprived employee and sets him about his work again. 

Can Lightwards' new catchphrase be "Better Business Bureau, my butt!"? :P 

I knew there were bad leaders out there, but Lightwards really takes the cake. I mean, I've had managers who seemed to think their employees didn't need to sleep or eat, but Lightwards seems to actively deny this reality until it is literally staring him in the face, at which point he shoots the starving, sleep-deprived employee and sets him about his work again. 

Mission accomplished: every manager you've ever had now seems better by comparison. You're welcome. :P

Corpsebaker

"Jackchull," he shouted again, glaring at the panicking vanillas running all around him. "See if I come into this part o' town again, eh? Maybe Ah'll just see that jerk in the bowler hat, eh? See if he 'ppreciates ol' Chicago Joe..."

Kobold you never read the Devil´s Den, did you? I feel myself reminded of Eddy the bouncer. Chicago Joe, best Epic. :P

Oh, I bet we can do worse. Just look at Nighthound :P

Mission accomplished: every manager you've ever had now seems better by comparison. You're welcome. :P

The only manager who doesn't is the restaurant manager who threw temper tantrums, made me stand outside in −4 degree weather so I could get the door for people (he let me wear a coat, at least) and scheduled everyone to work on Christmas Eve so he could take the night off. And the only reason he doesn't look better by comparison is because I'm 99.99% sure that if he could have turned his employees into mindless slaves without fear of legal repercussions, he would have. :o:P

Kobold you never read the Devil´s Den, did you? I feel myself reminded of Eddy the bouncer. Chicago Joe, best Epic. :P

Nope--never heard of it. Glad to see I'm inadvertently plagiarizing books I've never read, though. :P

I wasn't planning on writing a Chicago Joe POV, but the post was looking fairly bland when it was all about Lightwards being the worst manager ever. :P

The only manager who doesn't is the restaurant manager who threw temper tantrums, made me stand outside in −4 degree weather so I could get the door for people (he let me wear a coat, at least) and scheduled everyone to work on Christmas Eve so he could take the night off. And the only reason he doesn't look better by comparison is because I'm 99.99% sure that if he could have turned his employees into mindless slaves without fear of legal repercussions, he would have. :o:P

I don't have anything to say to that besides... wow, I'm glad I'm self-employed. :o