Long Game 8: Elendel Gang War

bartbug

Righty. I've got a plan kicking around in my head, and I'd like to see what people think about it. To start, lets list some facts. 

-We have, at most, thirteen players who are either Ferrings or Mistings.

-The Kandra cannot start with powers.

-The only powers they could easily fake are Allomantic pewter, Allomantic aluminium, Allomantic duralumin, or potentially Allomantic iron and Feruchemical gold. Koloss Blooded is also a possibility, but there aren't many players who can claim that.

-Barty has confirmed that there are no natural Twinborn.

-This means that at least eighteen powers were not used. Hopefully, at least a few of these were from the above list of easily fake-able powers.

-Now, we have three powers that can work as investigative roles. (Assuming we have all three of them.)

--Seeker/Oracle, which can tell us who, if anyone, is faking one of the above roles.

--Soother, who can clear any player, as Allomantic copper is an active power.

--Coinshot, who can clear any player (permanently) other than someone with Allomantic pewter, as Feruchemical gold and Allomantic iron are active powers.

-Then, we have the day lynch. Theoretically, we can be clearing four people a cycle, assuming we have all the proper roles.

-The last, and most important fact, is that the Kandra have to make a kill to snatch a body. 

So, could have a lot of ways to take out the Kandra. These aren't foolproof by any means, but if we can keep the Kandra running, they're going to be more likely to make mistakes. The problem? We would need someone, or several someones, to coordinate things without giving away a list of targets to the Kandra, and the Kandra can impersonate any highly visible leader. However, we do have a solution. A Lurcher who consistently targets themselves cannot be impersonated.

I would suggest that the Lurcher (if we have one) reveal themselves, and that they be Soothed this cycle (or the next, it's rather late in this one) to prove their veracity. From there on out, we can systematically search out the Kandra (using the Lurcher to coordinate), and hopefully keep them from getting too far ahead of us. 

This isn't the best plan, (I'm sick, and not thinking the clearest) but I think it could help move things along. I'm not suggesting we abandon traditional deduction in favour of relying on roles, (that generally tends not to be a good idea) but the bodysnatching mechanic is going to make things real hard to figure out unless we decide to be very transparent with our powers and how we use them. 

If you see any problems, or just generally dislike the plan, feel free to point it out. It's not like we have to use this plan. :P

It doesn't say in the rules whether or not the Lurcher can target themselves. If Barty rules that they cannot, then this whole plan goes out the window. We could clear a player then have the Lurcher, (if we have one) keep them alive, but this would be far easier for the Kandra to mess with, or even take control of.

A kandra cannot have more than one body at a time. As soon as they bodysnatch, their original form is dead.

Umm, lucky is not a possibility for being a kandra. She's dead. If the kandra steal someone's body, then I'm not going to tell you.

You just said their original body would be dead. Which is what I meant. Lucky was originally a kandra. And Aonar, I agree with your plan.

Long Game 8 Night 2: Execution

Araris held his blades warily, staring around the now stinking tavern. Different faces leveled different accusations, but eventually, the group turned against Satrams. In a group full of gang members and the corrupted city elite, they should have been much more willing to do the act themselves. Alim turned, eyes blank, to the door, clearly wanting to summon some of the Set muscle, yet Araris strode forward.

“This man is one of us by virtue of our shared confinement,” he said. “Yet none of you will do him the honor of a noble death? Let me kill Satrams, and let me do it well.”

Satrams looked to the left and right, then crouched, as if to run. A rifleman from outside fired a warning shot, cracking the wood above Satram’s head. Satrams gulped and faced Araris.

“I’m sorry, friend,” Araris said. He lunged forward, his movement light and swift. It felt as if he barely touched the ground.

Satrams twitched and took an involuntary step backwards, but he didn’t flee. Araris plunged his sword through the man’s gut, held it, then pulled it out. “I’m sorry, friend,” Araris repeated, whipping out a rag to clean the blade. “You are not the one whom I think guilty.”

Satrams groaned, his dying breath.

Then he stood up.

“Kandra,” Morgan said, horrified. “Kandra!”

The Set muscle outside fired bullets into Satrams, hitting in the gut and the chest. The wounds closed, and Satrams tore the shirt arm, revealing gold bracers. “Not kandra,” he said. “Bloodmaker.”

Votes:

Willa: 1

Peng: 2

Terra: 2

Satrams: 3

Alim: 1

Satrams is a Bloodmaker!

No updated player list, because no one died.

Edited by bartbug

They get to view the votes with names.  Not sure if it would tell them who was soothed but thats what I got from it.

Just had thought.  Satrams' vote wasn't in red.  With Bartbugs ruling that we have to green our votes, maybe Satrams' vote wasn't counted.

Bartbug, can we have ruling on votes.  Do they have to be in red or do you still count red: votes?

Oh, poop. I did not count any red: votes. 

For the future: votes have to be in red to be counted. If you're on mobile and you just want to get your point across, red: vote is fine, but you need to edit it to be actually red for it to be counted. 

Just curious, how can Araris or Willa be proven clean?And I didn't write down who voted for whom because I'm lazy, not because you can't know. If you want, I'll tell you. (By the way, anything with a chance of vote not counting still would show up in any list I provided.)

Edited by bartbug

I'm a bit confused, but it seems like everything worked out in the end. We turned a tie into a kill that verified somebody without them dying. I would like to point out that our entire method of verification is based upon power usage at this point, so I would HIGHLY recommend that the Set completely avoid spiking. If any Kandra got a hold of a spike then they would be very difficult to spot. I would like to reveal that I am an iron ferring, so assuming that I don'd die, at some point in the future I will be able to stack between 3-5 votes on one person depending on the round. This seems mostly like it would be useful for endgame votes when the Kandra represent a much larger percentage of the lynch crowd. At some point my lack of weight should make it into the writeup.

I had a vote on Alim; did I get Soothed?

-----

I have a few questions about Aonar's methods for identifying the kandra:

-Seeker is fairly self-explanatory. Oracle - Allomantic electrum, according to Coppermind - knows if they're going to die, which (unless I'm missing something) won't help us find someone's powers.

-Soother checks if the player loses their vote; Allomantic copper is removed as a possibility because Feruchemical bronze/Feruchemical steel can check to see if it was used.

-Coinshot checks if the player dies; Feruchemical gold and Allomantic iron can be excluded because Feruchemical bronze/Feruchemical steel can check to see if it was used.

-Was Oracle meant to be Feruchemical bronze and Feruchemical steel, which show the commands issued that night twelve hours early? (If it is, what happens to the users of active powers if they put in their orders after that twelve hour deadline?)

-It sounds like the hub Lurcher needs to be comparing the results of investigations with a list of claimed metals (to check for loss of powers) or trying to catch the kandra in their original bodies. So the plan requires everyone to claim their power, at least in private?

Edit: grammar

Edited by twelfthrootoftwo