Long Game 8: Elendel Gang War

bartbug

Since it didn't look like my other Set members answered this question from a bit ago, yes, I Spiked Araris. And I kept the spike since we didn't know what would happen if we spiked someone outside the Set.

As for who to spike tonight... I think if we want to test giving the spike to someone outside the Set, we should sound Jain. We're not sure what's going to happen (although we have some ideas), and just in case spiking a non-Set member turns them evil, we don't want them with a useful power. And Jain's isn't. If we're not testing that, I don't mind, since we'd be verifying two players regardless.

I think Peng's genuinely inactive, but that doesn't mean he isn't a kandra, and he's the only one I'm doubtful of in the group right now. There's a chance we somehow slid by with no infiltration at the start. Anyway, just because there's no outcry against Peng doesn't mean he's not. It could just be that the other kandra aren't going to risk revealing themselves for an inactive team member. In their shoes, that's what I'd do, if he is. In fact, in their shoes, I would've already dropped a vote on him.... But regardless, Peng.

Long Game 8 Night 3: Boxings

While the others argued for Peng’s execution, he shivered alone, cold and empty. An empty glass was his only companion, and he felt the chill of guilt everpresent in his soul.

“I’m sorry,” he said. He could not force his voice to be audible, yet some sort of steely resolve struck him. “I’m sorry!” He yelled it, his voice piercing the noise like a blade. The rest of the tavern slowly grew silent.

Alvron turned to him. “What? You’re sorry that we’re going to kill you?”

Peng shook his head. “I’m sorry that I killed. I’m the coinshot, and I killed one of our own. I deserve to die.”

“No,” Alron said, voice hardening. “You deserve to die because you might be a kandra. If you’re telling the truth… then there is no way that we’re wrong.”

Shaking, Peng stood. “I deserve to die, but I won’t let you kill me. I won’t.” A handful of boxings shot out from his cloak, but Alron dove to the side and raised a gun. Peng drew another handful of the coins, but Alron was too fast. He clipped Peng in the head, and Peng dropped.

Peng was a Coinshot!

Votes:

Peng: Willa, Alim, Jedal, Terra, Alron, Araris

Tulir: Taliz Duede

Corrupt Politician:

Popeye

Spike:

Araris

Corrupt Politician:

Quitania (Quitecontrary)

Corrupt Politician:

Terra (Pupper)

Corrupt Politician:

Alron (Alvron)

Corrupt Politician:

Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

Corrupt Politician:

Tulir (Tulir)

Corrupt Politician:

Taliz Duede (twelthrootoftwo)

Koloss Riot:

Kamden (dants)

Koloss Riot:

Morgan Hanks (the Gleeman)

Koloss Riot:

10. Koll (killersquirrel59)

Koloss Riot:

14. Bunnt (Binnut)

The Set:

Jedal (The Only Joe)

The Set:

Alim (Malliw73)

The Set:

Satrams (a smart guy)

The Set:

Willa (little wilson)

Edited by bartbug

So, who was it that failed the spiking test among the Set tonight? The Kandra seems to have found some trouble too, so this is a good day for us I think.

On another note, Twelfth has not been soothed, and is therefore not clean. Either not targeted by soothing, or a Kandra, or maybe a Kandra with a coppercloud thought to joke with us.

Ouch.. I miss one weekend and this is what I come back to. I can't leave you guys alone for a day!  :P 

Ok all joking aside, I propose that the Set and Koloss work together to smoke out the Kandra in a more official manner. We need to cooperate if we shall survive and, currently, we are not doing the best. We aren't at a critical level, yet, but the sooner we cooperate at full capacity, the better we will survive. 

So, we've killed several people, but rooted out zero Kandra so far.  If I was a Kandra, I'd be laughing my head off right now.  I'm not, by the way, which is why I really think we should do the whole soothing plan discussed during the Day.  We should really find a way to confirm people as either safe or Kandra instead of randomly choosing someone.

Happy Birthday @The Only Joe

Edited by navybrandt

Happy Birthday @The Only Joe

Yeah! Somebody Noticed! Also,

TrelVin sat on the rafter, looking down at the Scum of Elendel. Thank Harmony he was allowed to kill them. Jedal had been his first kill. Before that, Harmony hadn't let them interfere in overt ways, like they were now.  When he had heard Harmony calling him to Elendel, he’d felt proud. A mere 10th generation, chosen to cleanse thee City of the Lord Mistborn? TrelVin still remembered meeting Spook for the first time. If Jedal was Spook’s descendant, then TrelVin was a Koloss.

His bones still itched. It was time to choose a new body. He had wanted to Impersonate Met-al, but he had gotten killed by Peng. Now that Peng was dead though, they didn’t have to worry about the coinshot messing up their machinations. Maybe he didn't have to switch bodies so soon. He could just kill someone. Killing people was actually fun. The look on Aonar’s face had been priceless. Just like Jedal’s. Tonight’s victim though, they wouldn’t even see him.

Tonight, bones would fall.

Edited by The Only Joe

Long Game 8 Day 4: TrelVin

TrelVin burned each time he heard someone call him Jedal; it was a two way pain, searing both because he was forced to pretend to be the slime that had been Jedal, and because these scum were believing him to be their… well, not friend. But ally. The only way that TrelVin wished to associate with these fiends was the most interpersonal way he knew, a quick knife in the back and then the delicious absorbtion of the body and bones.

The only problem was, absorbing a body took time, and TrelVin was relatively young, of the 10th generation. He did not have the abilities of one like TenSoon, who could hop into a body in the matter of minutes. TrelVin required at least an hour, and that was if he was willing to be sloppy. That didn’t even account for the time that he would need to interrogate the poor sap!

With a specific target in mind, TrelVin prepared himself for the pain to come. He stalked over to Satrams, pale and clutching and clutching a warm mug, steam drifting off of it like mist. Blessing of Potence firing within, he easily raised the man by the throat. “We kandra are tired of having to cower with scum like you,” he growled, and impossibly, Satrams paled even more.

Satrams did not display the primal terror that TrelVin desired; TrelVin made his skin translucent, revealing the muscle beneath. Now Satrams screamed, and those Set soldiers crashed into the room to aide their master. Trelvin snarled and flung Satrams across the room, where he smashed into a table.

Bullets screamed through the air, dozens of them peppering TrelVin’s body. It hurt, but it was no more than an annoyance. He dashed toward the Set soldiers and crashed into them, dropping the pair and ending them with a quick blow to the heads. He had incorporated metal plates into his fists, and a blow from TrelVin was probably worse than being hit by a Thug.

“Farewell,” TrelVin said dramatically, turning to face the scum even as more bullets from more guards burned his skin, a few fracturing his skull. “I go to retrieve our Koloss armies; once they have my order, they will destroy every living soul in Elendel. There is no way that you can escape.” It was a lie, of course. There were no koloss armies anymore, and even if there were, Harmony would never have allowed them to be used.

Indeed, his master said. The balance. The balance!

TrelVin sprinted towards the new line of Set men, killing one with a brutal punch and delivering a vicious backhand to another, a (possibly) survivable one.

“We have to catch him,” said one of the Set higher ups. “If he escapes, then the koloss will crush us!”

Excellent, TrelVin thought. Forcing his muscles to move as fast as they could, TrelVin disapeared down the street and turned just as the mist obscurred him from their week human eyes.

“Over there,” a Tineye called. “He turned!”

TrelVin crept into a building and sprinted out onto the top, carefully leaping from rooftop to rooftop, making sure that none of the newly relieved Set soldiers saw him. Both of his comrades back in the tavern were rioting the crowd, non allomantically, unfortunately. They were getting their men to revolt against the Set and fan out, while the guard was done.

Hopefully, they would come to their senses and return, realizing that alone they had no chance. True, the chances of the people went up together, but TrelVin really hated tracking. He much preferred a violent slaughter.

All he needed was to get one alone… his smile brightened as he saw his target creep out of the tavern, following an exodus of the scum. He twisted unaturally high up his maleable flesh when he saw his target turn and go completely alone. TrelVin followed for a few minutes, then dropped off the roof.

The sound of TrelVin’s impact caused his target to turn, eyes wide, but it did not stop TrelVin’s fist from knocking into the head, rendering him unconscious. TrelVin threw his new identity over his shoulder and began the walk to one of the many kandra torture chambers hidden throughout the city. He had work to do.

Fun work, but work nonetheless.

Results:

Jedal is a kandra! Jedal has stolen someone’s body! Also, no more PMs!

Player list:

Corrupt Politician:

Popeye

Spike:

Araris

Corrupt Politician:

Quitania (Quitecontrary)

Corrupt Politician:

Terra (Pupper)

Corrupt Politician:

Alron (Alvron)

Corrupt Politician:

Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

Corrupt Politician:

Tulir (Tulir)

Corrupt Politician:

Taliz Duede (twelthrootoftwo)

Koloss Riot:

Kamden (dants)

Koloss Riot:

Morgan Hanks (the Gleeman)

Koloss Riot:

10. Koll (killersquirrel59)

Koloss Riot:

14. Bunnt (Binnut)

The Set:

Alim (Malliw73)

The Set:

Satrams (a smart guy)

The Set:

Willa (little wilson)

Kandra:

TrelVin (The Only Joe)

Should I go ahead and delete the PMs, or do you want to keep them?
Edited by bartbug

Oh yeah. I forgot about that ferring power. Technically there is the chance that the power was spiked, but it shouldn't have been and if it had been, it would've been put in someone, so I think the Tineye being occupied by a kandra is the most likely. Did anyone claim to be a Tineye in any of the faction PM's?

To you whom I talked with after the scum left, the code will be the one you mentioned. Use the same plan and the order is of the list above. Use T's code on my first message after the leave of the scum for power and more complex messages.

Sorry to everyone else, but the plans can't be given to the kandra and so I can't share them publicly.

Well, there was only one death, which was the person Joe is now puppeting. The alternative way to lose the Tineye power might be to get spiked and the spiker not 'use' the spike, though to my knowledge this was not the Set's plan. And it seems unlikely, unless things have been going on behind the scenes that mean the Set particularly wanted to test the person claiming to be a Tineye. So, I think finding our (former) Tineye will lead us to Joe.

Tulir, there were messages explicitly left by a tineye in the writeups:

If the people can get behind Alvron’s leadership, we can take our city back from the gangs.

This could possibly indicate the Tineye is a Politician. It's likely to be largely RP, since stopping the gangs is Alron's RP motivation. If it's game-motivated, though, it could refer to the author not being a member of one of 'the gangs'. Plus, Alvron started the Politicians PM group, and was the primary force pushing for discussion there. On the other hand, it could be someone from the other two factions bluffing their identity.

Something to consider alongside this is that (at least one member of) the Set think Joe moving bodies was partially because he'd figured out all their powers. He was probably planning to move to a different faction, to learn their powers, which means his target was probably a Politician or Rioter.

We must follow Aonar’s plan and root out the Kandra!

Self-explanatory, and not that helpful, since (to my knowledge) no-one disagreed with Aonar's plan before the end of the corresponding cycle.

So:

Popeye

Araris      Known former Feruchemical iron

Quitania

Terra

Alron

Jain         Known Feruchemical bendalloy

Tulir

Taliz        Claimed Allomantic iron

Kamden

Morgan

Koll