Best Cosmere Antagonist (Yumi Spoilers- Sorry About That)

Forts Board

Best Cosmere Antagonist?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Best Cosmere Antagonist?

• Dilaf
    • Sharezan
    • TLR
    • Mister Suit
    • Taravangian
    • Father Machine
    • Bluefingers
    • Raboniel
    • El
    • Rayse
    • Autonomy
    • The Sorceress
    • Hrathen
    • Moash
    • Denth
    • Miles Hundredlives
    • Ati

12 minutes ago, Forts Board said:

Brandon's written a lot of villians. Some, we hate. Others... we get very excited about. So which one is the best? Best for their stories, best at evilness?

My favorite is El because he creeped me out :)

I think this poll contains spoilers (just a name) from Yumi that is still under the spoiler policy and shouldn't be discussed outside of the Spoiler Zone.

For me it's Taravangian. He's the master manipulator who has great philosophical and moral conflict with protagonists, that adds so much more to his antagonistic side. And now as Odium he is more dangerous than ever.

Edit: @Forts Board and why call Autonomy and not Bavadin like you called Ati and Rayse?

Edited by alder24

2 minutes ago, alder24 said:

I think this poll contains spoilers (just names) from 2 books that are still under the spoiler policy and shouldn't be discussed outside of the Spoiler Zone (Yumi and Sunlit).

For one: WHOOPS my bad. 

For two: I'm pretty sure none of those are from Sunlit...

But I apologize for my indiscretion none the less :)

Just now, Forts Board said:

For two: I'm pretty sure none of those are from Sunlit...

Yeah, I forgot who Sharezan is :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Forts Board said:

But I apologize for my indiscretion none the less :)

Not a problem for me, I'm just informing. I would probably edit the name out of the poll, just to make it safe for others.

Ishar.

He probably has the smallest page time, but I think the fact that he singlehandedly changed the community's perspective on Bondsmith powers from Stormlight generation and stuff, to the single greatest power short of Danwshards speaks to itself.

He's probably the only villain other than Taravangian that actually caused me real fear.

Edited by Frustration

• Forts Board changed the title to Best Cosmere Antagonist (Yumi Spoilers- Sorry About That)

Taravangan definitely. The new power that he has gained is so terrifying and I think that he'll definitely be a major player in the future of the Cosmere. Taravangian wanting capacity seems really relatable, and I find his intelligent shifts lead to a fascinating character that is different every day.

Taravangian, through the old saying, 'To test a man's character, give him power'. Taravangian became a god, the god of the Voidbringers, the force that threatens all of Roshar. If he was truly the kind man he had others perceive him as, he would have simply done nothing, to protect all of Roshar maye even the Cosmere, all he'd need to do was nothing.

But as the other saying says 'Absolute power corrupts absolutely' and Taravangian was immediately corrupted by the power he now wields, corrupted by his own sense of morality, that no costs are too high so long as it leads to 'betterment'. That he and he alone can and should use his godlike powers to mold the worlds as he sees fit, with not even a moment of self-doubt.

He's not a monster, though he does and condones monstrous actions, he's both infinitely worse and better than a monster, he's human. A human playing with power beyond comprehension who believes that he's doing the right thing.

3 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Since the best Antagonist is a Dead Antagonist - I'd say Sadeas. . .

Ha! True. I was cheering on Adolin when he did the one thing political-schemer type antagonists never expect, for someone to just off 'em.

Edited by JustQuestin2004

6 hours ago, InvestedDragonLJ said:

The only Sadeas I want in SA is a dead one…

Do you find Sadeas more unlikable than Moash?

7 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

For me it’s Bluefingers, likely an unpopular choice

I am totally down with this one, I thought he was a great villain. But I am also not surprised that Taravangian is top because (spoiler for SA#4)

Spoiler

When Taravangian ascended to Godhood, becoming Odium, I Yelped. 

11 minutes ago, Forts Board said:

You see, as much as Moash is an absolute cremling I understand a part of where he came from. You have done things you regret and someone offers to remove all emotions and he crumbled beneath his shame. Also, I love to hate Moash, Sadeas wasn't fun to hate what so ever.

1 hour ago, Forts Board said:

I am totally down with this one, I thought he was a great villain. But I am also not surprised that Taravangian is top because (spoiler for SA#4)

Hide contents

When Taravangian ascended to Godhood, becoming Odium, I Yelped. 

Very yelp-worthy moment.