Long Game 97: Midnight Whimsy

Szeth_Pancakes

8 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

btw elims have a 2c cooldown on complaint hopefully or this is exlo

I’ve been assuming 3 elims, which means we’re at 5-3 right now. If we misexe and the elim kill goes through, that’s game over. Complaints don’t factor in. If we think DeTess was removed via complaints that strongly supports the 3 elim team. Not sure what happened to the NK from N2 in that case though. 

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

I’ve been assuming 3 elims, which means we’re at 5-3 right now. If we misexe and the elim kill goes through, that’s game over. Complaints don’t factor in. If we think DeTess was removed via complaints that strongly supports the 3 elim team. Not sure what happened to the NK from N2 in that case though. 

My best guess is that complaints also activate some reset that like maybe wipes the actions of the people complaining? I was going to say that I thought it wiped everyone's actions but we know that people still tended to the tree N2 and it worked so idk

Araris (unrelated to the above)

@Szeth_Pancakes VC please

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

My best guess is that complaints also activate some reset that like maybe wipes the actions of the people complaining? I was going to say that I thought it wiped everyone's actions but we know that people still tended to the tree N2 and it worked so idk

Araris (unrelated to the above)

@Szeth_Pancakes VC please

What makes you think you deserve a VC? ᵔᴥᵔ

GM trolling smh

2 hours ago, The Known Novel said:

I think we've thoroughly shown our love for you by not quite exing you.

...yet.

Szeth_Pancakes

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Aeoryi, TKN

3 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

What makes you think you deserve a VC? ᵔᴥᵔ

I see the florist is back, huh?

"Why you think you deserve the VC? Whimsy wouldn't allow that, would he?'

^^ is actually a cute emojicon

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Bro just give me a VC please

I actually do not have the time or patience to do it myself :P.

Is this an implication that Voting doesn't matter?

??? No??? It’s an implication that im tired and lazy though

Voting the GM is not the move, either. We don’t win by that. Again I think you’re village but you need to play for your wincon if that is the case and village wincon is only dead elims

24 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

??? No??? It’s an implication that im tired and lazy though

Voting the GM is not the move, either. We don’t win by that. Again I think you’re village but you need to play for your wincon if that is the case and village wincon is only dead elims

Did you v!read the GM? Exactly.

Just now, Aeoryi said:

LG92 :ph34r:

There's always a first.

I played that game, and won, and we didn't exe the GM. And yeah, there's always a first, but if you want to speculate on all the "first" things that could be happening this game, be my guest. If that's the game we're playing then I give up now. Also, if Szeth is elim, the TKN is definitely an elim as well, because by definition Szeth knows his role, and the elims wouldn't leave a kill role floating around.

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

Szeth_Pancakes

I remember thinking this but I dont remember saying this so just in case listen a single player against the GM wins every time cause the GM cant vote thats how this works so even if we think hm maybe Szeths the only evil then we still gotta whittle ourselves down and just make sure theres one person left to vote out the GM

Novel for now and Ill go reread stuff and come back hoepfully with more thougts

I intend to make a more meaningful post later in the day, but maybe we could try complaining at TKN instead of voting them out this time? 

That also frees up the vote to be used elsewhere, albeit we have less information than I'd like. And the complaints only refresh 3 turns from now, so we'd be without complaints for a bit. But, it might be worth a try. 

In fact, we could lynch multiple people in one day, like in Devo's first post (or was it DeTess?). 

If we're at ExeLo, it doesn't necessarily hurt us to kill more people for the chance that we might net more elims. 

But coordination might be a problem, especially with (what is likely) 3 rogue elim complaints in the mix as well. 

I think if Mat is elim then there would only be a 2-person team. Otherwise he wouldn't be pushing to get me exed right now. Mark seems very much to be interested in solving the game. So yeah, I like them both. Maybe we can complain out Frustration.

Edited by Araris Valerian

1 hour ago, The Known Novel said:

I think that if you still want to kill me, you should just vote me again. We don't understand enough of the complaint mechanic to properly use it as a secondary exe.

We won't know until we try, no? Besides if I assume simply that complaints don't kill, then devo isn't dead either, which gives us just a little more flexibility. I find it unlikely that complaints would kill villagers but not kill elims, when they're such an infrequent mechanism (albeit only 3 are enough for removing someone). 

That being said, we were warned that we shouldn't use complaints for game related purposes. And, to be honest, I don't feel like the GM has really lied in the game. Half truths are one thing, but don't think there's been overt lies. 

31 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Well my vote is that we don't try on me. :P

But yeah, that's fair. If the complaint removal did indeed cause the reroll, I don't think it's the best idea to use it necessarily. 

Whatever happened with the complaint, it apparently overrode the elim kill. That seems like a good thing to me.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

Whatever happened with the complaint, it apparently overrode the elim kill. That seems like a good thing to me.

...it overrode everything? Right? Exe was stopped (or else I wouldn't be here talking right now), elim kill was stopped, my investiture acquisition was stopped. Someone else said their action was stopped. Doesn’t seem that good to me.

2 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

...it overrode everything? Right? Exe was stopped (or else I wouldn't be here talking right now), elim kill was stopped, my investiture acquisition was stopped. Someone else said their action was stopped. Doesn’t seem that good to me.

That’s extremely good if that’s what it does. We get a free exe where the elims don’t get to kill anyone.