Long Game 97: Midnight Whimsy

Szeth_Pancakes

Okay, so, I'm a vigi. I can kill a player with at least one vote on them. I need to have four Investiture to do so, and due to some inactivity problems on my part, I only have 2 right now. Yeah. But I am actually a day killer, so I should be able to kill d4.

So, give me a night and I'll kill whoever you want me to.

3 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Okay, so, I'm a vigi. I can kill a player with at least one vote on them. I need to have four Investiture to do so, and due to some inactivity problems on my part, I only have 2 right now. Yeah. But I am actually a day killer, so I should be able to kill d4.

2 charges because of the NK's you had to submit -_-

I think this seems like a desperate fake role-claim IMO, since this would've been better to claim in PMs first.

Also I am paranoid of kill roles since elims are evil so are you, TKN

6 minutes ago, STINK said:

I think I'm a target of opportunity here tbh

No, me

46 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

Woah, just chill out. If you're that indecisive, you do have the option of not voting instead of smearing red all over. Also, green text. Helps with the vote counts. 

Just my opinion, but no, it is not a good idea to vote for yourself even if you're a vote manip whose vote is discounted when they use their action. As Mat said, maybe you'll be roleblocked. And in general, it's just misleading. But, you can do as you wish. This is Whimsy's shardworld, after all. :shrug:?

Does no one do white text anymore :/

JNV, Aeoryi, Araris, STINK, DeTess

Happier now? :lol:

I thought you got told if you got rb'd ig?

I'm pretty sure mind mage is one of (if not) the worst roles around. Vote manip every two cycles? Lol. Elims would have to be braindead in order to do that, and besides, it wouldn't be close (I would only have 1 vote)

Anyways, moved my vote to TKN, so stop fretting about

38 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I didn’t have the chance to get you to change your vote, actually, beyond asking the entire thread not to kill Archer. I made it clear I was going to be afk past my last post. All you said about Archer in the PM is that you didn’t think we were both evil, you would take my opinion into account, and you were unsure but planning to leave your vote on him to see if he squirms (even though he also made it clear he was going to be afk for the majority of the turn). Dunno why you expected me to reply to that PM past the cycle you sent it, considering it was about your vote that turn and I’d already made my cases.

Fair enough. Though, a quick scan through the end of D2 didn't show me you or Archer saying you were going to be AFK toward the end of the cycle. Did you and Archer say that some time earlier in the thread?

24 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

N4 clearance is actually too late, I think. We currently have 9 people. So, 3 until parity, if we assume 3 elims. One dies right now, one tonight and one D4, so by N4, there's a very real chance the game will have ended. 

Makes me wonder - maybe the elim kill requires investiture too? Maybe that's why no elim kill last night? I mean, that's some mishandling on part of the elims if that's the case, but interesting to think about. 

Regardless, doesn't really change my vote here. 

21 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I'm pretty sure mind mage is one of (if not) the worst roles around. Vote manip every two cycles?

Elim vote manip is really strong. You only need to be able to do it twice in a game; once to hammer and then again during ExLo. As an elim in a game this size, I’d rather have your claimed role than TKN’s.

5 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Elim vote manip is really strong. You only need to be able to do it twice in a game; once to hammer and then again during ExLo. As an elim in a game this size, I’d rather have your claimed role than TKN’s.

But at this point there isn't really enough info for the village to actually have an Elim up guaranteed by exelo, so it probably doesn't even need to be used.

13 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

Fair enough. Though, a quick scan through the end of D2 didn't show me you or Archer saying you were going to be AFK toward the end of the cycle. Did you and Archer say that some time earlier in the thread?

N4 clearance is actually too late, I think. We currently have 9 people. So, 3 until parity, if we assume 3 elims. One dies right now, one tonight and one D4, so by N4, there's a very real chance the game will have ended. 

Makes me wonder - maybe the elim kill requires investiture too? Maybe that's why no elim kill last night? I mean, that's some mishandling on part of the elims if that's the case, but interesting to think about. 

Regardless, doesn't really change my vote here. 

Besides, someone could easily role-block v!TKn or e!TKN could claim to be role-blocked, and that buys very very valuable time for the elims either way.

1 hour ago, The Known Novel said:

But I am actually a day killer, so I should be able to kill d4.

This seems quite odd, because the protect role only works at Night.

11 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Alright then. I've got everything on the table, if you still want to exe me, go ahead. It's not exlo yet, I guess you'll be able to get some good reads off of this.

You haven’t really done much to persuade us of a better option. In a blackout, a claim is pretty flimsy. And STINK is just generic low active player #3 or something. There’s a bunch of us actively trying to influence the exe this cycle, do you think we’re all village?

1 hour ago, Mark IV said:

Ummm he might have, he for sure told me in our PM which… isn’t helpful :P. I’m pretty sure I mentioned in my last post that it was my last post. Maybe not though >>

Would knowing that have changed your vote?

24 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

And STINK is just generic low active player #3 or something

You guys are really harsh on me ngl its not like I've done nothing

Wasn't like the first guy to vote Archer and PM everyone in the whole game to be called low active

Just PM me back like 

But coolio

54 minutes ago, STINK said:

You guys are really harsh on me ngl its not like I've done nothing

Wasn't like the first guy to vote Archer and PM everyone in the whole game to be called low active

Just PM me back like 

But coolio

That was not really an attack on you. It was a criticism of TKN.

• TKN (5): DeTess, Araris, Mat, Mark, Aeoryi
  • DeTess (1): Frustration
  • Stink (1): TKN

So we have a runaway on TKN, Frustration on an expired vote, and TKN self pressing alone. Hmm.

Araris

Also, Stink, I don't think being the first to vote Archer counts as a point in your favor :P And all you've really done in our PM is dodge my requests to hear any reads you have. Low active is a fair assessment for everyone except Aeoryi and I, imo.

(Actual Updated VC:)

• TKN (4): DeTess, Araris, Mark, Aeoryi
  • DeTess (1): Frustration
  • Stink (1): TKN
  • Araris (1): Mat

Incorrect. Let's try again, and hopefully you can do better this time.

LG97 Day Three: All That You Ever Wanted From Me Was Sweet Nothing

-------------

Nothing happened!

[DeTess was removed from the game. She was Not Affected.]

The turn ends at 5:30 PM PDT on Tuesday, October 17.

Players:

Spoiler
  1. @The Known Novel - Cain Abbel
  2. ExperienceNot Affected
  3. @Matrim's Dice
  4. @Araris Valerian - Whamsy, who ran into a wall really hard one day, “WHAM!” and now thinks he’s a shard.
  5. @Aeoryi - AMBITION, who ran into a wall really hard one day and now believes she is a shard.
  6. DeTess (removed): Not Affected
  7. Devotary of Spontaneity - Calephor, a Mage of House AzaleaNot Affected
  8. Archer - Aschu the BlessedNon-Affected Fighter
  9. @JNV - Jellin
  10. @Mark IV - Mark
  11. @Frustration
  12. @STINK

WAIT

I was posting too fast, every time I do I come up with something else

8 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

So we don't get a VC?

It’s D3– again— but it is D3. There wasn’t a kill last turn (the OG D3, I mean). DeTess just died. I think she was the N2 kill. Originally I thought TKN/elims messed with the VC and made her die but no it’s just like time travel shenanigans or something

If anyone knows anything about this please explain

Edit: Also— DeTess was actually removed, not killed. Makes me wonder if we just saw the effects of the elims complaint stacking. Is that possible?

Edit2: I need to bounce ideas off people gah

So complaints ‘remove’ people, yeah? That’s what we just saw happen to DeTess. What if the elims stacked their complaints on DeTess N2/D3, and what complaints do also resets the cycle they take effect on. Seems bonkers but ???

Edited by Matrim's Dice

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

WAIT

It’s D3– again— but it is D3. There wasn’t a kill last turn (the OG D3, I mean). DeTess just died. I think she was the N2 kill. Originally I thought TKN/elims messed with the VC and made her die but no it’s just like time travel shenanigans or something

Edit: Also— DeTess was actually removed, not killed. Makes me wonder if we just saw the effects of the elims complaint stacking. Is that possible?

Welp I have 1 investiture charge still, despite receiving the "you tended the tree" message twice

If this goes too off the rails we should just go to the IM ig?

Szeth Pancakes

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Welp I have 1 investiture charge still, despite receiving the "you tended the tree" message twice

If this goes too off the rails we should just go to the IM ig?

Szeth Pancakes

Yeah like I’m pretty sure everything that just happened literally doesn’t count for anything

I don’t think that’s a good idea but /shrug

See my second edit above pls I need to brainstorm

I don’t think that actually makes sense anymore because afaik we got three complaints at Szeth but maybe GM complaining works differently / maybe complaining at the GM is what caused this

10 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

WAIT

Edit2: I need to bounce ideas off people gah

So complaints ‘remove’ people, yeah? That’s what we just saw happen to DeTess. What if the elims stacked their complaints on DeTess N2/D3, and what complaints do also resets the cycle they take effect on. Seems bonkers but ???

Go read the last message on D3v1 it seems to imply otherwise. That, and szeth was complained out N2

Idk man let's just vote Szeth out at least we don't get a misexe

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Go read the last message on D3v1 it seems to imply otherwise. That, and szeth was complained out N2

Idk man let's just vote Szeth out at least we don't get a misexe

I’m more concerned about how a third of the players are gone and none of them are red

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

I’m more concerned about how a third of the players are gone and none of them are red

Maybe ... No one is elim?

Is it only the GM or something?

I still think we lose nothing by voting out Szeth. 

13 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Maybe ... No one is elim?

Is it only the GM or something?

I still think we lose nothing by voting out Szeth. 

We lose a cycle of voting. We don't even know if it will have an effect. I have too much respect for the folks that approved these rules to believe that Szeth is on the elim team.

Edit: Would definitely be great if someone could claim the role that caused that.

Edited by Araris Valerian