Suspicion

Romance

Drama

Bookwyrm

Lizard People

Understand?

No. 

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

"I missed most of what you said earlier because of... Constellation stuff. Maybe you would kindly repeat it so that way the tensions are clearly set?"

"We're going to find an old friend of mine," said Lyla, "he might know where the person y'all are looking for is."

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Basically, the group has come to a place called Neverkeep, which is a city floating in the Void. They're trying to see if Thaidakar has been here by trying to get to this dragon named Peps. Peps is the dock master and knows who comes in and out of the upper city of Neverkeep. Peps is, as is almost all the other dragons, in the Needle, which is a tower in the center of the city. The city slopes up to the center from all angles.

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"That's... oh I hate stairs... is there an elevator..."

"Nope!" said Lyla brightly.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"We're going to find an old friend of mine," said Lyla, "he might know where the person y'all are looking for is."

Now that makes sense 

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"How pleasant." Elan says deadpan, and begins to levitate so as to avoid the pain of stairs.

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"How pleasant." Elan says deadpan, and begins to levitate so as to avoid the pain of stairs.

Helios sighs and starts half teleporting half glitching up the steps 

52 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Who are we looking for again?"

5 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

4 hours ago, Anguished_One said:

"O-okay." She said, less afraid than before. 

Clinic: Ash's Office (Ash)

Ash stood up. "Alright let's go!"

She grabbed Jinx's hand and put other hand in the airspace near Turning. 

The room faded away.

Clinic: Library (Still Ash)

On the left and right them appeared mazes of bookshelves and a digital catalog before them.

"Welcome to the library!"

This is where I need ideas I'm not sure where to go from here.

Palli: The Shed (Insa)

Fine. If you weren't a hero here, then let me take you to where you were one.

The world faded to black.

Palli: The Camp (Insa)

Insa collapsed in an open field.

When she looked up all she saw was ruins. Houses that had been ripped apart. Makeshift shelters. Bloodstains. 

She closed her eyes in an attempt to block out the memories but they came anyways.

Claws breaking through walls, the screams and the blood.

The sword she had instinctively made as the danger got closer.

Being dragged away from her family.

The feeling of the sword slicing open her back.

Being forced to watch.

"No!" Insa opened her eyes. "Please! Saar!" There was no response

Panic filled her. "Please." She stood up. "Please come back."

2 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Clinic: Ash's Office (Ash)

Ash stood up. "Alright let's go!"

She grabbed Jinx's hand and put other hand in the airspace near Turning. 

The room faded away.

Clinic: Library (Still Ash)

On the left and right them appeared mazes of bookshelves and a digital catalog before them.

"Welcome to the library!"

What kind of information is there?

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

A lot of stuff. You can find pretty much anything in the library. It's made for nerds who like to read. And information is added after people's adventures all the time.

9 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Well...not always..."

Bookwyrm sighed.

9 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I guess.” Yeah… Elan thinks to himself, Like the time with the volcano. “We should be there soon right?”

8 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The pilot looked up from her juice box, "I call it the syrup. But it's called the Void." She stood up, walking to the console. "We're nearing Neverkeep now."

She shifted the direction of the craft towards a purplish light in the distance, seemingly a star. "hold on to your arses and get ready for the ride of your life." With the president of a button, a blueish bubble settled over the hovercraft. "Wel-!"

In what seemed like an act of god, there was a large boom as the hovercraft was launched forward. They shot towards the purple dot, or what had been the purple dot. As the stars turned to streaks of paint in the black canvas, the purple speck turned into a large city.

"-come to NeverKeep!" And the pilot feel into a fit of giggles.

A description of Neverkeep is just about due. Neverkeep is the third largest city in the Void, making those smaller settlements mere spacklidwifs (a type of beaver from the barbecued universe) in comparison. On either side of what, to the simpleminded, looks like a coin is the main sections of the city. Firstly, there is the under city. The under city hangs down from the disk, peaking into a stalactite like formation, each monolithic building coming to a neon peak. 

Directly above the under city is the Coin. The Coin is a mile thick, a part of the city in itself. it is where the under city and the upper city meet in harmony, or, rather, organized chaos occasionally broken by discord. Bullet trains move almost constantly and the crowds move more than a humble "almost". The Coin is where most markets and shops lie, always full to bursting and never, never out of stock on fuzzy dice. If they were out of stock, they were swiftly decommissioned by the Coined Council. 

The driver had been kicked out of a meeting they weren't supposed to be in by asking if that term was coined.

Above the Coin is the Upper City. Filled to the brim with the dragons, bird people and tall purple and green buildings, the upper city was, frankly, only rivaled in business by its downstairs neighbor. Of all the cities, this one is the most important. It is home to the ship docks. From the edges of the upper city extend the docks that go for a mile or more into space, allowing ships of all sizes to dock for awhile. Never for too long, however, unless you were one of the Soulless. Soulless are not above the law. Whenever one does break the law, the city guard winds up turning around after they see a dragon's eye close to their own face and their seemingly growing hotter mouth.

The upper city also happens to be home to the organization tasked with handling all comings in and goings out of Neverkeep. These were the people who, at that moment, sent two ships to go beside the bright yellow hovercraft.

The driver smiled, lifting an empty juice box, "Am I allowed to dock?"

"That'll be 1500 lunaries," said a helmeted and uniformed guard from one of the silvery ships.

"Pricey..." she muttered, "But I guess I can't haggle it down?" She paused, looking to the guard, "I take it from your soulless visor that it's a no..." The driver pressed a button, a small beep signaling that the money had been transferred. 

The two other ships left and she drifted lazily down the docks. Being halfway there, she turned to Elan and said, "My friend, I believe I know someone can help you with your... ailment when in comes to women." She smiled at Aventine. "The place I am recommending has a very special treatment in the easily accessed form of a bottle. It is called," and she gestured her hand into the air, as if announcing a prince, "a bar."

Chuckling, the pilot leaned against the console and pulled out yet another juice box, this time it was mango. In between slurping, she said, "Ahh.. I never understood why people don't like this flavor. It's purely unbeatable."

@Spark of Hope @The Bookwyrm @Ancient Elantrian @Aeoryi @Cash67@RoyalBeeMage

Pic listens to the driver, deciding that while she may be crazy, they were also in the middle of the void with no one else to turn to. And if helping Thaidakiar, or whatever his name was, push the evil out of Tal, the he might as well take the risk. 

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

She glanced back at Pic for a moment before nodding. “Alright.”

@Cash67

54 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan takes her and gently cradles her in his arms as he continues floating up the stairs.

Pic mutters a curse under his breath before humming his quick marching beat, zooming up the stairs. 

9 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan takes her and gently cradles her in his arms as he continues floating up the stairs.

She felt tense where he held her, and she didn't initiate a conversation.

8 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic listens to the driver, deciding that while she may be crazy, they were also in the middle of the void with no one else to turn to. And if helping Thaidakiar, or whatever his name was, push the evil out of Tal, the he might as well take the risk. 

Pic mutters a curse under his breath before humming his quick marching beat, zooming up the stairs. 

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan blushes. This is weird. Like... really weird.

I'm assuming he was just thinking to himself here?

She was looking down at Neverkeep and didn't notice.

4 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

And so are you... he thinks to himself, not saying it out loud. "Too bad we can't stay. Just a little."

"That's the thing with big cities. To an outsider, it looks amazing. To someone who knows what they're really like... well."

Case in point, my youth pastor (who grew up in NYC) strongly dislikes NYC