Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I'm Lyla," she said brightly. "And, as for where you're supposed to go, I assume you'll want a way to get back to your universe. Yes?"

"You don't have to get drunk to drink," said Lyla, "It's only an occasional side effect from misusing it. See, you merely need to dunk your head in water about every five minutes of drinking, and you should be fine."

Her mouth tightened. “That’s… not quite what I meant.” Her tone made it clear that she would not elaborate if asked.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I'm Lyla," she said brightly. "And, as for where you're supposed to go, I assume you'll want a way to get back to your universe. Yes?"

"Well, yes...But we're also looking for someone. Or at least I am. Um...have you heard of anyone named Thaidakar?"

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Who said I can never comprehend it? I live in an infinite existence with always something new around the corner. Always another truth, another secret, another beauty, another wonder. What's the point of living if you aren't learning? Just because I can never hope to understand the whole doesn't mean I should stop understanding what's within my grasp."

Bookwyrm gazed out on the greenish horizon, filled with alien stars and galaxies. "For example, this place. I've never been here before, and I'd be doing myself a disservice if I didn't try to learn about it."

Bookwyrm turned to the pilot of the craft. "On that note, what's this place called?" He hesitated. "Also, what's your name?"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

"Profound. But doesn't matter, really."

26 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The pilot looked up from her juice box, "I call it the syrup. But it's called the Void." She stood up, walking to the console. "We're nearing Neverkeep now."

She shifted the direction of the craft towards a purplish light in the distance, seemingly a star. "hold on to your arses and get ready for the ride of your life." With the president of a button, a blueish bubble settled over the hovercraft. "Wel-!"

In what seemed like an act of god, there was a large boom as the hovercraft was launched forward. They shot towards the purple dot, or what had been the purple dot. As the stars turned to streaks of paint in the black canvas, the purple speck turned into a large city.

"-come to NeverKeep!" And the pilot feel into a fit of giggles.

A description of Neverkeep is just about due. Neverkeep is the third largest city in the Void, making those smaller settlements mere spacklidwifs (a type of beaver from the barbecued universe) in comparison. On either side of what, to the simpleminded, looks like a coin is the main sections of the city. Firstly, there is the under city. The under city hangs down from the disk, peaking into a stalactite like formation, each monolithic building coming to a neon peak. 

Directly above the under city is the Coin. The Coin is a mile thick, a part of the city in itself. it is where the under city and the upper city meet in harmony, or, rather, organized chaos occasionally broken by discord. Bullet trains move almost constantly and the crowds move more than a humble "almost". The Coin is where most markets and shops lie, always full to bursting and never, never out of stock on fuzzy dice. If they were out of stock, they were swiftly decommissioned by the Coined Council. 

The driver had been kicked out of a meeting they weren't supposed to be in by asking if that term was coined.

Above the Coin is the Upper City. Filled to the brim with the dragons, bird people and tall purple and green buildings, the upper city was, frankly, only rivaled in business by its downstairs neighbor. Of all the cities, this one is the most important. It is home to the ship docks. From the edges of the upper city extend the docks that go for a mile or more into space, allowing ships of all sizes to dock for awhile. Never for too long, however, unless you were one of the Soulless. Soulless are not above the law. Whenever one does break the law, the city guard winds up turning around after they see a dragon's eye close to their own face and their seemingly growing hotter mouth.

The upper city also happens to be home to the organization tasked with handling all comings in and goings out of Neverkeep. These were the people who, at that moment, sent two ships to go beside the bright yellow hovercraft.

The driver smiled, lifting an empty juice box, "Am I allowed to dock?"

"That'll be 1500 lunaries," said a helmeted and uniformed guard from one of the silvery ships.

"Pricey..." she muttered, "But I guess I can't haggle it down?" She paused, looking to the guard, "I take it from your soulless visor that it's a no..." The driver pressed a button, a small beep signaling that the money had been transferred. 

The two other ships left and she drifted lazily down the docks. Being halfway there, she turned to Elan and said, "My friend, I believe I know someone can help you with your... ailment when in comes to women." She smiled at Aventine. "The place I am recommending has a very special treatment in the easily accessed form of a bottle. It is called," and she gestured her hand into the air, as if announcing a prince, "a bar."

Chuckling, the pilot leaned against the console and pulled out yet another juice box, this time it was mango. In between slurping, she said, "Ahh.. I never understood why people don't like this flavor. It's purely unbeatable."

@Spark of Hope @The Bookwyrm @Ancient Elantrian @Aeoryi @Cash67

"Okay."

12 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Her mouth tightened. “That’s… not quite what I meant.” Her tone made it clear that she would not elaborate if asked.

“We’ll pass on the bar,” Elan says, noticing Aventine’s expression. He lays a hand subtly on her shoulder and giving it a little squeeze.

11 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Well, yes...But we're also looking for someone. Or at least I am. Um...have you heard of anyone named Thaidakar?"

Elan listens silently for the answer.

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Thank you. You are very kind."

Clinic: Ash's Office (Ash)

Ash turned back her attention to Jinx. "So, shall we head to the library?"

Palli: The Shed (Insa)

A few months later and Insa once again was in a stupid meeting.

She sat on a stool and stared at the ground, trying as hard as she could to avoid eye contact.

"Are you even paying attention to us?"

She nodded.

"Prove it."

She pointed at one person and mimicked their voice, "'You can't just go around and get mad at people because they're being stupid.'" She switched who she was pointing to, "'It's going to come back and get you sometime soon.'" She pointed at another person,"'You need to have more control over your temper.'" Insa looked up, her expression dark and angry. "How many of you care that Ian is dead? I found him. I was the one who had to tell his parents that his body was practically in their backyard. How long do you think I've held back tears and my temper? How many times in the past hours do you think I've stopped myself from yelling at you? How could you all move on so fast? How could you all forget?"

They all sat silently. Outside dark gray clouds started to gather. One of the boys stepped forward.

"You've never given us a reason to believe you weren't fine. We ju-"

"I found him! I was supposed to be protect him!"

Heavy rain started.

"And yet here we are. Discussing how I can once again be used as a weapon and a shield. How my abilities can be put to the test. Moving on like nothing happened. Like he wasn't tortured. Like somehow everything is normal. Everything is fine."

A large crack of thunder sounded right outside.

"I'm done. Leave."

"But Insa the storm."

"I said leave."

The clouds faded away and the present was once again visible.

The next time you came out here. You were running for your life. Do you remember now? 

Insa bit her lip trying to hold back tears.

I didn't forget.

Don't you see how you were a hero.

Everyone in that group is dead. And its my fault.

6 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“We’ll pass on the bar,” Elan says, noticing Aventine’s expression. He lays a hand subtly on her shoulder and giving it a little squeeze.

She smiled uncomfortably.

16 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Lyla's lip twitched, but she nodded, "Alright then."

15 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

She considered it for a moment, "No, I don't. But..." Lyla docked the ship at an open stretch of dock, locking the craft into some siding with a jerk. The bubble over the top melted into nothingness, "I do know someone who might. He's one of the lizards and, coincidentally, the dock master. He knows everyone that comes in and everyone that goes out by name. He keeps their names in a little book on his desk. And his name is, get this, Pepsaycocacolai. Though," she said as she turned the engine off for the hovercraft, letting it rest at the dock, "he doesn't seem to have any pep in his step."

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"Okay."

Lyla gave the embodiment of darkness a flat look.

13 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She smiled uncomfortably.

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

She considered it for a moment, "No, I don't. But..." Lyla docked the ship at an open stretch of dock, locking the craft into some siding with a jerk. The bubble over the top melted into nothingness, "I do know someone who might. He's one of the lizards and, coincidentally, the dock master. He knows everyone that comes in and everyone that goes out by name. He keeps their names in a little book on his desk. And his name is, get this, Pepsaycocacolai. Though," she said as she turned the engine off for the hovercraft, letting it rest at the dock, "he doesn't seem to have any pep in his step."

“Nice pun.” Elan said, “where is this Pepsaycoco-whatawhat”

8 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"That...is a very strange coincidence." 

Bookwyrm stepped off the hovercraft and onto the dock. He turned back to Lyla.

"Thank you for saving us. And giving us enough information to get started." He smiled. "Hopefully we see you around again sometime."

45 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Clinic: Ash's Office (Ash)

Ash turned back her attention to Jinx. "So, shall we head to the library?"

"O-okay." She said, less afraid than before. 

39 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Quinn stared back. "Stop giving me flat looks"

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Thank you for saving us. And giving us enough information to get started." He smiled. "Hopefully we see you around again sometime."

"So... we're off to see the lizard?"

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

Quinn stared back. "Stop giving me flat looks"

"When will you stop giving me reason to."

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Nice pun.” Elan said, “where is this Pepsaycoco-whatawhat”

51 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"So... we're off to see the lizard?"

15 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Seems that way.”

4 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"The question is, where is he?"

"Thanks," said Lyla with a tip of her yellow cap. "However, I don't think our times together are done yet. I need to see old peps myself, he owes me for the time I gave his cousin free passage. I know where he is, come with me." She stepped off of the craft, leading the way to some steps that lead into the main city.

The streets were many colored murals, each color leading to a different building or street. It was chaos, but with a specific sort of order. It made sense in a way. Yet, Lyla, as she stepped onto the first stones of Dox street, sighed and ignored this order, "I missed you, old place. Your avenues are as insane as ever." She had the last remnant of the juice and tossed the juice box at a street vendor, trying to sell mutant fish shipped from another place in the city. People of all sorts walked along the streets, talking in more languages than one can think of in an entire afternoon. She frowned at the people, something seemed off to it.

The road sloped upwards, ever upwards, towards the large spire in the center of the Upper City with the rooms on top. All thought of what was off left her as she looked up with a chuckle.

Ahh, yes, the golden rooms of abracadabra or whatever it was... Lyla remembered when she'd been allowed to go up there. The good old days when the lizards had thought highly of her. The lizards.

She pulled aside someone from the street, a woman by the name of Henri whom she recognized, "Where are they? The soulless?"

"Up there," she said, pointing to the tower. Pointing to those crystalline rooms with the big windows. And the nice warm beds. Maybe Lyla could steal one and install it into her ship... The woman continued, "They're meeting with someone, I don't know who though." The woman hesitated, "Aren't you the-"

Lyla turned away, walking back to the group, "Change of plans, Peps is probably up in the needle. We're going there. Apparently he's meeting some person."

"Thanks," said Lyla with a tip of her yellow cap. "However, I don't think our times together are done yet. I need to see old peps myself, he owes me for the time I gave his cousin free passage. I know where he is, come with me." She stepped off of the craft, leading the way to some steps that lead into the main city.

The streets were many colored murals, each color leading to a different building or street. It was chaos, but with a specific sort of order. It made sense in a way. Yet, Lyla, as she stepped onto the first stones of Dox street, sighed and ignored this order, "I missed you, old place. Your avenues are as insane as ever." She had the last remnant of the juice and tossed the juice box at a street vendor, trying to sell mutant fish shipped from another place in the city. People of all sorts walked along the streets, talking in more languages than one can think of in an entire afternoon. She frowned at the people, something seemed off to it.

The road sloped upwards, ever upwards, towards the large spire in the center of the Upper City with the rooms on top. All thought of what was off left her as she looked up with a chuckle.

Ahh, yes, the golden rooms of abracadabra or whatever it was... Lyla remembered when she'd been allowed to go up there. The good old days when the lizards had thought highly of her. The lizards.

She pulled aside someone from the street, a woman by the name of Henri whom she recognized, "Where are they? The soulless?"

"Up there," she said, pointing to the tower. Pointing to those crystalline rooms with the big windows. And the nice warm beds. Maybe Lyla could steal one and install it into her ship... The woman continued, "They're meeting with someone, I don't know who though." The woman hesitated, "Aren't you the-"

Lyla turned away, walking back to the group, "Change of plans, Peps is probably up in the needle. We're going there. Apparently he's meeting some person."

"I am ancient evil. Fear me and stuff. Wait, what's the Needle?"

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Well that was suspicious... Elan thinks to himself. "If you say so..."

6 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"I am ancient evil. Fear me and stuff. Wait, what's the Needle?"

"That thing," Lyla said, pointing to the golden and purple tower in the center of the city, rising in the style up ahead up the many, many, many steps and ramps of the streets. "Ancient evils are so last season though. You've been out of fashion for... a few hours."

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Well that was suspicious... Elan thinks to himself. "If you say so..."

"What, you don't trust me?" Lyla said in mock surprise, "a stranger you just met who gave you a ride? I don't blame you."

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"That thing," Lyla said, pointing to the golden and purple tower in the center of the city, rising in the style up ahead up the many, many, many steps and ramps of the streets. "Ancient evils are so last season though. You've been out of fashion for... a few hours."

"What, you don't trust me?" Lyla said in mock surprise, "a stranger you just met who gave you a ride? I don't blame you."

"So why is that thing called the Needle? Kind of a strange color set, though. Speaking of which, who is the worst person here? Who's the primary antagonist?" 

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"So why is that thing called the Needle? Kind of a strange color set, though. Speaking of which, who is the worst person here? Who's the primary antagonist?" 

"It's shaped like a needle and isn't useful for much. As for antagonist..." Lyla rubbed her chin. "The docking prices."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"It's shaped like a needle and isn't useful for much. As for antagonist..." Lyla rubbed her chin. "The docking prices."

Docking prices?

"Who are we seeing in the Needle again? How do you even get in? Is there a lot of stairs or something?"

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Docking prices?

"Who are we seeing in the Needle again? How do you even get in? Is there a lot of stairs or something?"

Lyla pointed to the previous posts, "Might want to do some reading, my friend."

wouldn't be the clinic without some fourth wall breaks.

Lyla pointed to the previous posts, "Might want to do some reading, my friend."

"I missed most of what you said earlier because of... Constellation stuff. Maybe you would kindly repeat it so that way the tensions are clearly set?"