Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

17 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic walked over, and looked up at Lundyn. He stared for a few moments, then began to hum. 

His staves spiraled into a perfect mimicry of his hand, floating up to where Lundyn was. They pushed the branches out of the way just enough so that Lundyn could squirm her way free. 

Tal's World

Pete and a group of villagers appear, holding pitchforks, shovels, sticks, and even pots and pans. "Get out!" Pete calls, and a cheer answers him.

@shortcake @Spark of Hope

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Thaidybear showed up!

22 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Clinic: Basement

Tal raised an eyebrow at Elan. “Really…that’s very interesting. I read a little of everything.”

@Ancient Elantrian

“What! It’s a good read!”

5 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal stood up. He looked at Elan, Lerac, and @RoyalBeeMage no I didn't forget your character's name. "I need to go help," he said. "Will you guys come?"

@Ancient Elantrian @The Aspiring Archivist

“Sure!”

4 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Shrugs

“Tal! How can I help? Do you know who has arrived?”

Thaid! Wow I love your introduction/ return to your character 

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

5 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal's World

Pete and a group of villagers appear, holding pitchforks, shovels, sticks, and even pots and pans. "Get out!" Pete calls, and a cheer answers him.

Pic turns around and sighs. "That's what we are doing!" he yells back. His voice reverberates across the field with a strength that made leaves fall from the trees and pots and pans ring. His eyes began to grow cold, and a few of the less commited villagers took a step behind the mob. 

Edited by Cash67

11 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal's World

6 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic turns around and sighs. "That's what we are doing!" he yells back. His voice reverberates across the field with a strength that made leaves fall from the trees and pots and pans ring. His eyes began to grow cold, and a few of the less commited villagers took a step behind the mob. 

“Pete, a little girl is injured and stuck in a tree. We will leave, but we’re getting her down first.”

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac calmly entered the room. He looked around at the destruction , then at Thaidakar with concern. "What is going on here?"

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

"Thanks," Tal said, running off. 

Who are we destroying today?

Nobody.

Are you sure?

Get out of my head.

But I'm so hungry...

Get. Out. Now.

A moment later, Tal stood outside Thaidakar's room. "What's going on?" @The Bookwyrm @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Thaidakar was silent, his bright glowing red eyes seemingly staring at nothing at all as Bookwyrm's hands were on his temples. He was in the center of the room, Bookwyrm infront of him. His desk was in ruins, his bed: shambles. Pages flittered in the air from his books and journals. One page landed in front of Tal, bright letters staring up at him.

A small, octoganal orb bumped into Lerac's toe. Each face of it had a different rune on it, and it appeared to be able to be readjustable to make different configurations of runes.

52 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm knelt silently in front of Thaidakar, fingers on his temples, his eyes closed and a look of pain on his face.

Thaidakar's Mindspace

Bookwyrm coughed and gagged, retreating into the folds of his own mind to escape the poison being shoved down his throat by his own arm. He gathered his strength and sent a burst of mental light into the bar, re-gaining control, and sending chairs and glasses and alcohol flying.

He restored himself, and looked around for the source of Thaidakar's voice.

"I am real," he said, softly, soothingly. He sent tendrils of warmth and light into Thaidakar's mind as he carefully crept to the entrance of the bar and tried to leave.

"What is reality?" Thaidakar's voice said from above Bookwyrm.

When he reached the entrance of the bar, Bookwyrm found a hexagonal mass of energy blocking the way out. Reflected in each hexagon of power was a shadowy figure, just out of view, laughing at him.

2 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“What! It’s a good read!”

“Sure!”

“Tal! How can I help? Do you know who has arrived?”

Thank you! I've been planning that scene for sooooo long.

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar was silent, his bright glowing red eyes seemingly staring at nothing at all as Bookwyrm's hands were on his temples. He was in the center of the room, Bookwyrm infront of him. His desk was in ruins, his bed: shambles. Pages flittered in the air from his books and journals. One page landed in front of Tal, bright letters staring up at him.

A small, octoganal orb bumped into Lerac's toe. Each face of it had a different rune on it, and it appeared to be able to be readjustable to make different configurations of runes.

When he reached the entrance of the bar, Bookwyrm found a hexagonal mass of energy blocking the way out. Reflected in each hexagon of power was a shadowy figure, just out of view, laughing at him.

Lerac ignored the object, approaching Thaidakar further. He gave off his typical healing warmth.

15 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Bookwyrm stepped back, uneasy. He began scanning the bar for another way out.

"That's a tough question."

2 hours ago, Cash67 said:

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Pete, a little girl is injured and stuck in a tree. We will leave, but we’re getting her down first.”

Pete looked around hesitantly. “Fine,” he growled. “But ye‘ve got 5 minutes”

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Stars, I forgot how fun you are to rp with…

Tal glanced at the paper, nervous. A small fire coiled up his arm amidst laughter in his mind. Shut up shut up get out stop it!

9 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal glanced at the paper, nervous. A small fire coiled up his arm amidst laughter in his mind. Shut up shut up get out stop it!

“Thank you.” While she tried to disguise it, a small amount of fear crept into her voice.

She looked up at Lundyn. “Jump down. I’ll catch you.”

@shortcake

Edited by Spark of Hope

50 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

43 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Thank you.” While she tried to disguise it, a small amount of fear crept into her voice.

@shortcake

Pic continued to stare down the mob, almost daring them to move with his expression. His humming grew in intensity, and the hand pushed the tree further back, causing the branches around Lundyn to creak. 

@shortcake @TheRavenHasLanded

39 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic continued to stare down the mob, almost daring them to move with his expression. His humming grew in intensity, and the hand pushed the tree further back, causing the branches around Lundyn to creak. 

None of them moved, but they looked furious. Or…somewhere between furious and terrified. Either way, it was clear that one wrong move would get someone killed. 

Elsewhere in the clinic, a drop of water landed in a small puddle on the floor in a pitch dark room. And then another. And another. Every 5 seconds, there was a drop. Every 5 seconds, water struck water, and the puddle grew larger. It was like a clock. 5 seconds passed, and another drop. A small leak without a doubt, one that would not cause long lasting damage to the clinic. 

The water pool was thin, and the silence was interrupted when someone else came in. Water stopped falling, the clock interrupted. Balance was forgotten.

A footstep sounded in the darkness, alongside distant echoes. A distant light entity came into the room, illuminating everything.

But it could not illuminate all.

A shadow, darker than all the rest, loped out of sight. The moment the light creature went to go investigate the source of the water, the Shadow struck.

Light and dark fought for an eternity in an instant, swirling around each other, trying to consume the other force. They grasped and tried to absorb the other, asserting a solid victory. But neither could defeat each other, for they were like preservation and ruin. Two sides to the same coin. 

The two forces both tried one last time, at the same instant, and both crushed each other, combining into one single force. A shadowy figure with a light form. 

They realized that they were the same and alike, and soon became acquainted to themselves. They were truly two sides to the same Coin. Light and dark. Ruin and preservation. It called itself Quintessence, the 5th element of a world designed for 4.

The Quintessence started to hunt within the Clinic, forming into a humanoid form composed of swirling shadows and shining light. 

Both sides of the coin wanted the same thing: Revenge.

Yes, I am creating someone truly evil now. 

And since I don't know where people are, expect to be trapped 😛

4 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Elsewhere in the clinic, a drop of water landed in a small puddle on the floor in a pitch dark room. And then another. And another. Every 5 seconds, there was a drop. Every 5 seconds, water struck water, and the puddle grew larger. It was like a clock. 5 seconds passed, and another drop. A small leak without a doubt, one that would not cause long lasting damage to the clinic. 

The water pool was thin, and the silence was interrupted when someone else came in. Water stopped falling, the clock interrupted. Balance was forgotten.

A footstep sounded in the darkness, alongside distant echoes. A distant light entity came into the room, illuminating everything.

A shadow, darker than all the rest, loped out of sight. The moment the light creature went to go investigate the source of the water, the Shadow struck.

Light and dark fought for an eternity in an instant, swirling around each other, trying to consume the other force. They grasped and tried to absorb the other, asserting a solid victory. But neither could defeat each other, for they were like preservation and ruin. Two sides to the same coin. 

The two forces both tried one last time, at the same instant, and both crushed each other, combining into one single force. A shadowy figure with a light form. 

They realized that they were the same and alike, and soon became acquainted to themselves. They were truly two sides to the same Coin. Light and dark. Ruin and preservation. It called itself Quintessence, the 5th element of a world designed for 4.

The Quintessence started to hunt within the Clinic, forming into a humanoid form composed of swirling shadows and shining light. 

hi aeo! i think thaid just appered and became a villen a few hours back...

7 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

3 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Yes, Thaidakar is also a villain now…

The mob is a group of people on Tal’s world, where magic is evil. Ave, Pic, JM, and Lundyn are there trying to figure out a way to get rid of the evil parasite that causes magic there

13 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic walked over, and looked up at Lundyn. He stared for a few moments, then began to hum. 

His staves spiraled into a perfect mimicry of his hand, floating up to where Lundyn was. They pushed the branches out of the way just enough so that Lundyn could squirm her way free. 

13 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal's World

13 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

10 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

10 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

@shortcake

"I-I can't- t-there's a branch in my wing- Ave I'm scared... they're gonna hurt me..."

9 hours ago, Cash67 said:

9 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

None of them moved, but they looked furious. Or…somewhere between furious and terrified. Either way, it was clear that one wrong move would get someone killed. 

Small embers began to form around Lundyn, threatening to set the dry branches on fire. "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to-" as she spoke, more embers scattered around her.

8 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

woah this is interesting

Just now, shortcake said:

"I-I can't- t-there's a branch in my wing- Ave I'm scared... they're gonna hurt me..."

Small embers began to form around Lundyn, threatening to set the dry branches on fire. "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to-" as she spoke, more embers scattered around her.

"It's okay, Lundyn. Just breathe."

When the embers appeared, she really had to work to sound calm. "Settle down. Getting worked up won't help."

28 minutes ago, shortcake said:

25 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"It's okay, Lundyn. Just breathe."

When the embers appeared, she really had to work to sound calm. "Settle down. Getting worked up won't help."

At the appearance of the embers, the mob grew restless...more angry and more afraid at the same time. Voices started calling out, screaming for them to leave, and then there were dozens of them and the words yielded to an indistinguishable roar. Someone, then several someone's, started throwing rocks.

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

At the appearance of the embers, the mob grew restless...more angry and more afraid at the same time. Voices started calling out, screaming for them to leave, and then there were dozens of them and the words yielded to an indistinguishable roar. Someone, then several someone's, started throwing rocks.

@Cash67 @TheRavenHasLanded

"Please stop!" She let some of the rocks hit her intentionally. "We don't want to hurt anyone! I'll even let you guys take me prisoner if you want! Just let these guys go!"

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

@Cash67 @TheRavenHasLanded

"Please stop!" She let some of the rocks hit her intentionally. "We don't want to hurt anyone! I'll even let you guys take me prisoner if you want! Just let these guys go!"

They don't stop. The yelling gets louder. The rocks get bigger.

Just now, Edema Rue said:

They don't stop. The yelling gets louder. The rocks get bigger.

She still let them hit her. "Please, please..." She fell to her knees, tears streaming down her face, repeating one word over and over.