16 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Steeldancer Walin

Last VC:

Current VC:

Wouldn't mind if Sart was up for the running either, maybe if @Araris Valerian and @Channelknight Fadran are willing to vote there

What are we expecting to change that would prevent a tie at rollover?

Dannex had a role that gave them the net alignment of all voters involved in a tie, which I now have this cycle.

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Out of curiosity, does the term Terminal Seeker have a history in SE like Goalkeeper?

There's also LG74, where the Village complained I didn't give them a Seeker and I pointed to their Coinshot.

New Tallybot votecount:

Vote Tally
Walin (4): Amanuensis, Matrim's Dice, Shining Silhouette, |TJ|
Steeldancer (4): Archer, Ashbringer, DrakeMarshall, The Wandering Wizard
Shining Silhouette (2): Araris Valerian, Channelknight Fadran
Araris Valerian (1): The Bookwyrm

I manually added Fadran, but please let me know if Fadran missed anyone else!

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Look at that. Already missing me in the vote counts. The only one who knows about your plot to incite a civil war, thus completing the necessary blood seal to finish the nationwide transmutation circle in order to create the world's largest philosopher's stone and attain God.

Tallybot doesn't like you, man :P

By the way, out of personal curiosity, what browser are you using?

This doesn't change much as I can't fix Tallybot but I'm curious why you, Bookwyrm at one point, Tani, and Orlok have had posts with <font> tags and am wondering if we can reproduce the issue.

25 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Dannex had a role that gave them the net alignment of all voters involved in a tie, which I now have this cycle.

We at least know of the Stab Voter role which adds an extra vote if you don't move your vote on a player from Rollovet to Rollover, so possible the elims have one of those. We haven't seen or heard of any other kind of vote manip, tho I wouldn't be surprised if one/more existed

@dannnnnex are you willing to verify this?

What does net alignment mean, exactly? Like, if the turn ended now and the current vote randed, you would know there were like, 2 elims and 6 villagers among the 8 voters?

ED1T:

12 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Is there any reason we want to see Sart’s alignment over Shining’s?

I assume you don't mean by executing :P

But yes. If Sart were somehow a verified elim, we'd probably know the elims have no Goalkeepers and could work from there

Edited by Amanuensis

when I took over for Stick, it was clearly mid-gambit, and I had no idea what to do or what stick wanted

well, you know me

my fight or flyte response is to gambit harder

things got out of hand

on the bright side, I accidentally did a reaction test! So let's all just agree to pretend that's what I planned all along

Preliminary findings:

• people who specifically posted about being surprised and/or confused by the "Stick shot TKN" claim:
    • Ashbringer (here and here)
    • Shining (sort of)
    • Aman (a lot, not gonna link every one)
    • TJ (delayed)
    • TKN
    • Fadran (slightly different from the rest, "why did the elims kill Xino?" instead of "why did Stick kill TKN?")
  • people who posted demonstrating awareness of and engagement with the "Stick shot TKN" thesis but didn't particularly express surprise or confusion:
  • people who were reasonably online and active, but did not have anything to say about it:
    • Araris
    • Matrim
    • Randby
    • Xino, interestingly enough

Happy hunting

Edited by DrakeMarshall
Archer self-reported >:P

7 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

people who posted demonstrating awareness of and engagement with the "Stick shot TKN" thesis but didn't particularly express surprise or confusion:

So you haven't killed anyone? No one at all?

57 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

And how do we not know this is a gambit/plan to control the outcome of the vote?

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

I didn't shoot nobody, I'm a pacifist!!

I have undertaken a strict hippocratic oath. I shall not rest until the current government is overthrown and a hippocracy is instituted instead.

Was Stick responsible for the Tani and Xino kills, then? :P

Welp, I don't have enough time today to do more than lightly skim the past few days of the thread. From what I remember of my last quick skim, I was asked who I Trolled. Well, I forgot to do it on N2, but I trolled Aman N1--and iirc he became immune to Trolling for the next cycle (which is in the role description of Trolls, and would have worked that way if he was Trolling himself), or something?

I won't make any promises about reading and analyzing through the cycles I missed; I probably will post only this time during the cycle and get back online in about 10 hours from now, so after rollover.

Welp. I looked through all my pings; sorry, @Amanuensis. I never Trolled Bookwyrm. I can Troll Wiz N3 or Bookwyrm this time, if you want. (Please tag or quote me in your reply in case I can't scroll through the thread)

No votes on the incumbent or the unincumbents, as I haven't heard their platforms yet. GL to Steel in the finals of D3!

----------

Walin may have done something interesting. He also may have not. What, you were expecting me to pay attention and write it down for your own amusement? Oh, you were? Wait...oh, yeah, I said I would do that. My bad. Maybe next time.

----------

I award myself 0.1 XP

4 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Yes :P

That makes so much more sense, because Stick doesn't kill TKN for reading him how she did. You however were part of the massive Alv paranoia :P

3 minutes ago, Walin said:

Welp. I looked through all my pings; sorry, @Amanuensis. I never Trolled Bookwyrm. I can Troll Wiz N3 or Bookwyrm this time, if you want. (Please tag or quote me in your reply in case I can't scroll through the thread)

NO! PLEASE DON'T TROLL ME I LIKE MY PMS! 

Alright then.

If we're going for a mass clear tie via Orlok, I'd be partial for getting a third player up there. But there is a decent chance some things disrupt other things. And we'd need a bit more votes. 4 with 4 votes each would be great.

I do have some reason to believe pulling that off will be tricky, though.

10 minutes ago, Walin said:

I won't make any promises about reading and analyzing through the cycles I missed

Don't worry, you know what's going on about as much as the rest of us :P

On that note, I think I must have missed the part where somebody explained why we're switching to voting for Walin

edited to add:

5 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

That makes so much more sense, because Stick doesn't kill TKN for reading him how she did. You however were part of the massive Alv paranoia :P

Alv paranoia? :P

Edited by DrakeMarshall

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

:joy:

I uh, may not have been entirely frank

I am, after all, Drake. Frank is clearly absent from this game. You could say that it’s possible for somebody to be Frank undercover but then that wouldn’t be frank so I rest my case. Nobody is frank.

Anyway, the point is, Stick didn’t shoot TKN

that might have been a very minor fib

...WHAT!

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Don't worry, you know what's going on about as much as the rest of us :P

On that note, I think I must have missed the part where somebody explained why we're switching to voting for Walin

Think this is a part of it:

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Although Shining and Aman switched before. Can't tell if that's Aman being Aman and having prescience or just PMs, or just pushing Walin.

2 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

...WHAT!

rumors that I killed you were greatly exaggerated

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Think this is a part of it:

Although Shining and Aman switched before. Can't tell if that's Aman being Aman and having prescience or just PMs, or just pushing Walin.

ok yes this explains why we're making a tie

/kind of/

Orlok pushing for a tie feels amiss somehow

but why Walin?