1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Avi followed Il'anque up the amethyst-covered cliff. She thought she was making good progress. 

Suddenly, one of the crystals shifted. A strange creature emerged, revealing the purple growth of gemstone to be an almost armor-like plating; It looked kind of like a mole, if moles had razor sharp claws that let them cling to stone and had a very vicious temperament.

Stars, Avi thought. I did not need this right now.

@Ookla the Frustrated.

"What is that thing?" Isek asked, before shaking his head. That wasn't relevant right now.

Isek concentrated, growing metal lattice under his feet, driving bolts into the rock nearby, forming a platform wide enough for him to stand on, and firm enough to hold his weight.

"Let's boogie."

31 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Also worth a try."

"Okay, I'll try to get the dagger into whatever chink I can. It probably won't dispatch it on its on, but it might create a vulnerability that one of you can exploit."

Ran'at runs at the creature, knife in hand, and stabs the creature at an angle, hoping the knife will find an opening. It slides off the creature's thick carapace at first, but finds a slit and slides in bit. Ran'at punches the knife in further using his prosthetic arm, hoping to damage the creature as much as possible.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The glengal didn't seem very happy about the little man attacking it. With a hiss of pain - though it could also very well have been irritation - the glengal stabbed at Ran'at with its tail, once again at a blinding speed like a loaded spring.

Well this is gonna be painful.

"AAAHHHHH!"

Ran'at was thrown backward, bleeding and bruised.

But the dagger was lodged firmly in the glengal.

23 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Kaeni watched, helpless, as the metal arm guy got frickin shanked and hurled to the floor.

"Don't get close to it!" She shrieked.

Bit too late for that now. :ph34r: Also I think he's too badly injured, or in too much pain, to reply. Or maybe he's in shock?

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Out of instinct she dropped to his side and searched frantically for the wound. "Hello? Anyone? Healing magic?"

"I've got no healing magic, though I can distract it."

Quickly peeking out, Mercury sees the dagger stuck in and she grins. Which quickly turns to a yelp as she dodges back undercover.

"I can channel my lightning into speed for a bit but I'll have to drop it to take the shot."

13 hours ago, Ookla the Frustrated. said:

"What is that thing?" Isek asked, before shaking his head. That wasn't relevant right now.

Isek concentrated, growing metal lattice under his feet, driving bolts into the rock nearby, forming a platform wide enough for him to stand on, and firm enough to hold his weight.

"Let's boogie."

Il'anque raised an eyebrow at Isek's statement, but that platform looked useful. Then again...

Il'anque grabbed one of the spikes as the creature pulled out of the wall. It was large, and looked mole-like. A Denkthen, thought Il'anque. They could shoot the crystal shards on their back with deadly precision. They could also climb on vertical surfaces without any trouble. It looked like Il'anque would have to get creative.

Il'anque grew a vine around the monster's chest and grabbed one of the ends. This would help her stay on. She then grabbed one of her scimitars - the poison on it wouldn't kill this, but it might slow it down - and stabbed it into one of the gaps in the Denkthen's armor.

@The Bookwyrm

Edited by NerdyAarakocra

The elder Glengal wasn't focused on her at the moment. Therefore, it was clearly time to do something incredibly daft. Almost as daft as that one time she had stared down a deadly viper, waiting for it to strike so she could try to catch it by the base of its head before it reached her.

She sneaked underneath the Glengal and stabbed it from the bottom, her sword sliding smoothly upward and frontward between two plates.

if you want it to notice her you can have it notice her and stop her before she stabs it, but she was really sneaky, she came from outside it's field of view, and she attacked when it was focusing on that other being that just poked it with a dagger.

14 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Out of instinct she dropped to his side and searched frantically for the wound. "Hello? Anyone? Healing magic?"

@The Wandering Wizard @Tani

8 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Quickly peeking out, Mercury sees the dagger stuck in and she grins. Which quickly turns to a yelp as she dodges back undercover.

"I can channel my lightning into speed for a bit but I'll have to drop it to take the shot."

"Not yet. We... we gotta..." Kaeni was totally hyperventilating, a hand on metal arm guy's stab wound. "Think. We gotta think."

She turned to... Ran'at. His name was Ran'at. Think. Think. Was that tail venomous? Was there anything she could do about it if it was? How deep was the wound? How much was he bleeding?

"Ra... Ran. Um - you..." She squeezed her eyes shut to focus. "Gods, I'm sorry. This is gonna hurt."

Kaeni set her other hand ablaze.

@PyroPhile

1 hour ago, Tani said:

The elder Glengal wasn't focused on her at the moment. Therefore, it was clearly time to do something incredibly daft. Almost as daft as that one time she had stared down a deadly viper, waiting for it to strike so she could try to catch it by the base of its head before it reached her.

She sneaked underneath the Glengal and stabbed it from the bottom, her sword sliding smoothly upward and frontward between two plates.

I'd love to say that E;la was sneaky enough to get past its defenses, but it has incredible tremorsense and can respond to just about any movement.

It probably wouldn't attack her though. With the knife in its plating it'd probably just dodge away and hiss a lot.

23 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Not yet. We... we gotta..." Kaeni was totally hyperventilating, a hand on metal arm guy's stab wound. "Think. We gotta think."

She turned to... Ran'at. His name was Ran'at. Think. Think. Was that tail venomous? Was there anything she could do about it if it was? How deep was the wound? How much was he bleeding?

"Ra... Ran. Um - you..." She squeezed her eyes shut to focus. "Gods, I'm sorry. This is gonna hurt."

@PyroPhile

2 minutes ago, PyroPhile said:

you should probably respond to this

43 minutes ago, PyroPhile said:

Hmmm, looks like there are a lot of metal weapons lodged inside of it. Conductive metal weapons. It would be very nice if somebody on our team had electricity magic ;)

On 12/22/2022 at 5:54 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

On 12/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

@PyroPhile

loki-ten-steps-ahead-of-you.gif.6488d8c903cffa13619445bea7f52bf4.gif

On 12/22/2022 at 10:23 AM, NerdyAarakocra said:

Il'anque raised an eyebrow at Isek's statement, but that platform looked useful. Then again...

Il'anque grabbed one of the spikes as the creature pulled out of the wall. It was large, and looked mole-like. A Denkthen, thought Il'anque. They could shoot the crystal shards on their back with deadly precision. They could also climb on vertical surfaces without any trouble. It looked like Il'anque would have to get creative.

Il'anque grew a vine around the monster's chest and grabbed one of the ends. This would help her stay on. She then grabbed one of her scimitars - the poison on it wouldn't kill this, but it might slow it down - and stabbed it into one of the gaps in the Denkthen's armor.

@The Bookwyrm

Avi watched as the Denkthen screeched in pain, desparatley trying to throw Il'anque off.

Stars, she thought. A drop from this height...the crystal riddled mountain would not be something good to go tumbling down.

Avi cursed as the Denkthen's thrashing destroyed part of her leverage. She scrambled for a handhold, scraping her left forearm in the process. Avi winced in pain as warm blood ran down her arm.

Worry about it later.

She scrambled onto a ledge where she managed to stand, then called another constellation of glittering "stars". She waited until the Denkthen fell into a brief lapse in it's rampage, then fired.

The shimmering projectiles barely missed Il'anque, but speared the Denkthen through the torso.

@Frustration

Primal blood some called it, Mercury just called it her blood. Her blood which allowed her to tap into the most primal part of herself, lightning.

Calling forth the power within herself, it simmers under her skin. The pounding of her heart becomes the booming of thunder. Her eyes fill to the brim with sparks and so much power!

Mercury dashes out from behind the cover, her speed ten times greater than before. Quickly she runs around the beast, seeking to lure it a bit away, while seeking higher ground to smite the monster safely.

@Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, PyroPhile said:

I don’t know what to doooooooo

I guess it would be cool for the prosthetic arm to keep working perfectly because it works by wizardry?

Here. Your guy's getting venom burned out of him. Generic reaction:

S C R E A M   in   P A I N

also describe something that sounds like ouch.

Edited by Tani

5 hours ago, PyroPhile said:

I don’t know what to doooooooo

I guess it would be cool for the prosthetic arm to keep working perfectly because it works by wizardry?

On 12/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

@PyroPhile

Do some "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" or some "ACK THAT HURTS" or "AH SMOKES, HERE WE GO AGAIN"

7 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Primal blood some called it, Mercury just called it her blood. Her blood which allowed her to tap into the most primal part of herself, lightning.

Calling forth the power within herself, it simmers under her skin. The pounding of her heart becomes the booming of thunder. Her eyes fill to the brim with sparks and so much power!

Mercury dashes out from behind the cover, her speed ten times greater than before. Quickly she runs around the beast, seeking to lure it a bit away, while seeking higher ground to smite the monster safely.

@Channelknight Fadran

But the glengal was far from unintelligent. It kept its wounded side facing away from its new opponent, keeping her at bay with its pincers and tail. A couple it times it even spat a hissing poison from its mouth: inaccurate, slow, but certainly far from harmless.