28 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

“Sorry.” I must have touched a nerve.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

“At least I’ll know it’s happening.”

"So would we," Kaeni replied. She still hadn't looked back at them. "Cutting off an elemental's life force isn't an immediate end-all. We all have a backup energy supply of sorts in case the bond is temporarily broken. If Master decided to end me..."

The implication was clear. I would know.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

"And you've never heard of a person just dropping dead of no apparent cause?"

I’ikeq looked to the side. “No…”

4 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"So would we," Kaeni replied. She still hadn't looked back at them. "Cutting off an elemental's life force isn't an immediate end-all. We all have a backup energy supply of sorts in case the bond is temporarily broken. If Master decided to end me..."

The implication was clear. I would know.

I’ikeq chose not to comment.

8 hours ago, Ookla the Frustrated. said:

Isek spun, slamming his stick into the side of the last creature.

Quick analysis showed they were all either dead, dying or fleeing.

Looking at his companions they seemed, fine, if a little bruised.

"Are either of you hurt badly?"

"I'm fine," Avi said, grimacing as she stood up. "Nothing I can't handle."

8 hours ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

"We might want to take a quick break. Once we pass that final ledge, it's climbing nonstop until we reach the White Iron."

"I'm okay with this."

2 hours ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

"I'm fine," Avi said, grimacing as she stood up. "Nothing I can't handle."

"I'm okay with this."

"Alright!"

Il'anque got some fruit out. "Here. These are good to eat." I'lanque paused. "Would anyone like to help me harvest those invisible dog things? Their pelts are incredibly useful."

@Ookla the Frustrated.

12 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Whatever. Let's keep going."

"Onward!"

While she walks on, slightly ahead of the group, Mercury thinks on I'ikeq's words and a memory burns in her mind.

Her master is speaking to her as she fidgets, wanting to run and explore.

"Sit still Mercury, you wish to run off like the bolt of lightning I made your from. Wait. There is one thing that I must explain to you, it is very important. You will always know when you are disconnected from me, you will have a limited ammount of energy to run off of before you die. But there is one way that you will not know,-"

Mercury heard no more as she snuck out of the room, completely missing what he was going to tell her.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

"Onward!"

While she walks on, slightly ahead of the group, Mercury thinks on I'ikeq's words and a memory burns in her mind.

Her master is speaking to her as she fidgets, wanting to run and explore.

"Sit still Mercury, you wish to run off like the bolt of lightning I made your from. Wait. There is one thing that I must explain to you, it is very important. You will always know when you are disconnected from me, you will have a limited ammount of energy to run off of before you die. But there is one way that you will not know,-"

Mercury heard no more as she snuck out of the room, completely missing what he was going to tell her.

AND THE PLOT ttttttHICKENS

I’ikeq walked alongside the Elementals, with Ra’nat and the elf behind them. Both Mercury and Kaeni looked morose. Foolish, I’ikeq thought. Why had he even opened his mouth? Every time he did, he hurt someone.

4 hours ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

"Alright!"

Il'anque got some fruit out. "Here. These are good to eat." I'lanque paused. "Would anyone like to help me harvest those invisible dog things? Their pelts are incredibly useful."

@Ookla the Frustrated.

"Sure, give me a second," Isek said, finding himself envious of his organic counterparts, he never understood how useful crying could be until he needed to clean out his eyes.

"Do you have any water by chance?"

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Frustrated. said:

"Sure, give me a second," Isek said, finding himself envious of his organic counterparts, he never understood how useful crying could be until he needed to clean out his eyes.

"Do you have any water by chance?"

"Yup!" Il'anque gave Isek some water to clean his eyes.

"Alright. Do you know how to skin something like this?"

@Ookla the Perpetual

Edited by Ookla the Nerdy

47 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

I’ikeq walked alongside the Elementals, with Ra’nat and the elf behind them. Both Mercury and Kaeni looked morose. Foolish, I’ikeq thought. Why had he even opened his mouth? Every time he did, he hurt someone.

56 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

"Onward!"

Kaeni nocked an arrow onto her bowstring, a little nervous. She couldn't quite pinpoint why. Perhaps there was something in the air.

"How long are you planning to stick around for once you get in?"

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

"Yup!" Il'anque gave Isek some water to clean his eyes.

"Alright. Do you know how to skin something like this?"

@Ookla the Perpetual

@Ookla the Frustrated.

"Sorry about your eyes," Avi said. "It was all I could think of."

Avi walked over to Il'anque and the dead beast.

"I'm not the best at it...but I should be able to." She pulled out her dagger and started working, ready to take instruction or guidance from Il'anque if necessary.

"Once we have this pelt, though, we should leave. The White Iron is waiting for us."

3 hours ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

@Ookla the Frustrated.

"Sorry about your eyes," Avi said. "It was all I could think of."

Avi walked over to Il'anque and the dead beast.

"I'm not the best at it...but I should be able to." She pulled out her dagger and started working, ready to take instruction or guidance from Il'anque if necessary.

"Once we have this pelt, though, we should leave. The White Iron is waiting for us."

"It's fine, I'd rather have to clean sand out of my eyes than teeth out of my throat."

2 hours ago, Ookla the Frustrated. said:

"It's fine, I'd rather have to clean sand out of my eyes than teeth out of my throat."

I'll be off for the next day or so.

With help from Avi, Il'anque removed the pelt. She ate some of her fruit, and sat down contentedly.

Soon, the break was over. The group got back in gear, and prepared to scale the final section.

The White Iron awaited.

@Ookla the Perpetual

1 hour ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

With help from Avi, Il'anque removed the pelt. She ate some of her fruit, and sat down contentedly.

Soon, the break was over. The group got back in gear, and prepared to scale the final section.

The White Iron awaited.

@Ookla the Perpetual

There's actually two more layers, the Second Layer is a mix of hiking and climbing, while the Third Layer is mostly climbing.

Avi followed Il'anque until they reached a cliff that marked the start of the Second Layer. It was a short climb for this first small stretch, but it would be difficult to reach the Third Layer. And Avi didn't even want to think of what she had to do at that point.

She grabbed a crystal jutting from the small cliff and began to climb.

Best save magical forms of ascension for when I actually need it...

@Ookla the Frustrated.

Edited by Ookla the Perpetual