Quick Fix 58: Rebellion

Quivil

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Oh it's a game mechanic I get it now thats what I get for not reading the rules lool

XD. Just so everyone is clear, I don't know Jungle IRL. I merely have a PM with them and will die if they die, and vice versa. My actual girl would throw things at me if I didn't clarify that :pensive:

50 minutes ago, Illwei said:

And there's no chance anyone switched his role before then?

49 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

When did I ever not have you in my village tier xD

The roles were switched C1, so no.

I didn't think of this before when I said they were confirmed, but technically someone could have switched Striker and another, 3rd person's roles last cycle.

C1: Striker is Ghostblood Lightweaver, JNV is anything, 3rd person is Loyalist Edgedancer. Striker and JNV are switched.

C2: Striker is Ghostblood anything, JNV is any alignment Lightweaver, 3rd person is Loyalist Edgedancer. Striker and 3rd person are switched, then Striker dies.

C3: Striker is dead Ghostblood Edgedancer, JNV is any alignment Lightweaver still, 3rd person is Loyalist anything.

Though given the confusion Tani displayed between Striker and JNV's roles and the unlikeliness of this exact series of events means it's almost guaranteed that JNV is currently a Loyalist Lightweaver.

47 minutes ago, Archer said:

Thanks, it happened very suddenly :wub:

The title of our PM and wording of the rules imply there's only one Betrothed couple. So you know know one else has private messages now. 

The complication this raises is that if we are v/v, the elims may be able to take down a third of the village in one shot. Or if I'd been exed and another person NKed, half the village would die in one cycle. Is that a risk GM Tani is willing to take, trusting we have some decent kill protection on our side and the advantage of a two man voting bloc for self preservation? Or did they pair me with a Ghostblood, whose would cause less of a swing? I'd pegged the odds at 50/50. (Yes I know they ostensibly RNGed it.)

I'd considered the possibility that they'd paired me with an elim as well, but if Jungle is evil, they can't kill me without killing themselves, so we should exhaust all other reasonable possibilities before checking them. Ghostbloods aside, it's basically a guaranteed tie, depending how the GM rules OOA. 

I know that's not really a clear, so our announcement is basically bait. Either we survive and will use our votes to try and kill the last elim, or we'll die and save the village a mix. Given the strength of our position, I'm fine with either outcome. 

So there's confirmed no other Betrothed but could still be Twins. Though I'm not sure how likely that is. At this point though if any 2 people claimed it they should be confirmed good cause there's only 1 Rebel left so they couldn't fake being twins with another Rebel. And yes putting that out does increase the odds of you dying since it's a 2-for-1 special when the Rebels are already behind. And since there isn't a Bondsmith we also know you two are telling the truth because there is no way for you to have secretly planned to fake being Betrothed.

And given Tani's seeming enjoyment of Chaos I could very well see one of you being a Rebel paired with a Loyalist or a Ghostblood. Or a Loyalist with a Ghostblood.

Edit: @Tani if the last Rebel and Loyalist were Betrothed and died simultaneously would both sides win since their objective was completed or once a team is eliminated can they no longer win?

Edited by Karnatheon

14 minutes ago, Karnatheon said:

if the last Rebel and Loyalist were Betrothed and died simultaneously would both sides win since their objective was completed or once a team is eliminated can they no longer win?

Technically yes, they would both win.

Hi! I won't be on tomorrow. Sorry! 

I started as Edgedancer and now I guess I'm a Lightweaver which is neat

Dannnex seems odd but not elim odd more like Messenger odd

I'm kind of tempted to vote Jungle and kill two birds but I kind of like Archer 

But also! A conspiracy theory! I don't think thered be two Edgedancers. There's only one kill around that can be healed since it can't work on Messenger Skybreaker or Stoneward kills. I'm basically confirmed original Edgedancer so I want to vote Experience because they claimed a village role and haven't been attacked. I don't see why the elims would go for Striker because they couldn't know my role which was then Striker's and Striker wasn't very memorable because I can't remember what they did

Alternatively! If Dannex is the Messenger, could you kill Experience for me? Thanks! I appreciate it! 

Edited because I just remembered that I had a question. @Tani If the Shardbearer is voted out will the assassin become the Shardbearer like with filter kills or will the rebels just sort of be dead?

Edited by JNV

56 minutes ago, JNV said:

Edited because I just remembered that I had a question. @Tani If the Shardbearer is voted out will the assassin become the Shardbearer like with filter kills or will the rebels just sort of be dead?

The Assassin died first vote it was TUA. So if Shardbearer gets voted off Loyalists just win.

Szeth

47 minutes ago, Karnatheon said:

The Assassin died first vote it was TUA. So if Shardbearer gets voted off Loyalists just win.

Szeth

He's kinda dead. :P 

1 hour ago, JNV said:

But also! A conspiracy theory! I don't think thered be two Edgedancers. There's only one kill around that can be healed since it can't work on Messenger Skybreaker or Stoneward kills. I'm basically confirmed original Edgedancer so I want to vote Experience because they claimed a village role and haven't been attacked. I don't see why the elims would go for Striker because they couldn't know my role which was then Striker's and Striker wasn't very memorable because I can't remember what they did

Alternatively! If Dannex is the Messenger, could you kill Experience for me? Thanks! I appreciate it! 

I mean...okay? Like not, but also whatevs lol

12 hours ago, Archer said:

-Illwei has been lights out, leading the charge on two elim flips. TUA also explained how to vote using them as an example. But I don’t think we can guarantee they’re village with knowledge of their role.

oh it was archer who didn't put me in his villages

>:(

4 hours ago, JNV said:

Hi! I won't be on tomorrow. Sorry! 

I started as Edgedancer and now I guess I'm a Lightweaver which is neat

Dannnex seems odd but not elim odd more like Messenger odd

I'm kind of tempted to vote Jungle and kill two birds but I kind of like Archer 

Two problems with that. 

1. XP had the killshot on TUA that e!them had zero reason to make. 

2. We've got enough protection roles that the elims need to make unorthodox kill choices to try and avoid hitting people who might be covered. I'm not willing to exe based on the NK choice. 

3 hours ago, Karnatheon said:

Szeth

I'm waffling between reads enough to believe that's an intentional blunder designed to distance from e!Szeth. It's the nakedness of that vote that pings me. Karnatheon

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

oh it was archer who didn't put me in his villages

There's a small chance you're a Ghostblood who has committed to helping the village. Just want to keep the option open for later. But you're definitely not evil, which means I don't recommend exing you at any point. 

30 minutes ago, Archer said:

I'm waffling between reads enough to believe that's an intentional blunder designed to distance from e!Szeth. It's the nakedness of that vote that pings me. Karnatheon

That's quite an opinion

Something came up IRL. Are y'all okay with a late rollover? (like the next cycle starts late. Shouldn't be as bad as C1.)

Next cycle is the one that should be open for 48-ish hours.

Also there's like two hours until the cycle locks.

Edited by Tani

"What was it this time?"

"Karnatheon told everyone he was one of Amaram's men. We've found nothing in his things to imply that he was telling the truth."

"What did you find?"

"A will, stating that he wasn't."

I, Karnatheon, a Messenger of the Ghostblood Order, being of both sound mind and body, do leave all of my worldly possessions to my pet Chull, Stephden Strange(Steven with a PHD).

And to Tramrat, McDaggers, and TJ, you have 48 hours to convince me in thread that you will take good care of Stephden after my passing, after which time whomever does the worst job will be struck down by my retribution from beyond the grave.

P.S. lol I legit forgot Szeth was dead, so thanks for interpreting it as an elim gambit @Archer I appreciate the assist.

Karnatheon has died! He was a Ghostblood Messenger!

This cycle should end at 4:20-ish PM GMT on Monday (Jan 31st)

People:

Spoiler
  1. @Experience as Xara
  2. @Matrim's Dice as Tramrat
  3. TUA Amaram Rebel Assassin
  4. @Archer as McDaggers the Sneak
  5. @|TJ|
  6. StrikerEZ Ghostblood Edgedancer
  7. @JungleFiend as Melindra
  8. Szeth_Pancakes Amaram Rebel Highprince
  9. Karnatheon Ghostblood Messenger
  10. @Illwei
  11. @JNV
  12. @Dannnex

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

14 minutes ago, Illwei said:

you saw the distro then?

Oh, no

Just the later edit with ‘words’

Did you

There aren’t any mods playing, either 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

I accidentally put everyone's current and past roles in the OP. It's fixed now, but it probably made the game less fun for Illwei and anyone else who saw it before I put the "words" instead and I'm wondering how much damage exactly I did.

Same, didn't see the distro but shouldn't Karnatheon have chosen a player to die this cycle?

I... think Illwei has to be modkilled if she's seen the distro, but maybe a compensation like, Messenger kill could be her? 

Anyway Dannnex

Just now, Tani said:

I accidentally put everyone's current and past roles in the OP. It's fixed now, but it probably made the game less fun for Illwei and anyone else who saw it before I put the "words" instead and I'm wondering how much damage exactly I did.

I mean

If Illwei saw who the last elim is there isn’t really a point in continuing if they’re still alive, unless they just don’t play

And I don’t think a modkill is super fair. I guess there was no elim kill, it’s be semi convenient if it was Illwei but that didn’t happen :P.

I do think the game would end today regardless because we could exe Dannnex and have @Karnatheon Messenger Archer, which would kill Jungle. That’d be everyone in the PoE dead, and if it isn’t over then Exp I guess is next

Really there’s no good option and I guess I’m just waiting for Devo’s yellow post

7 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Same, didn't see the distro but shouldn't Karnatheon have chosen a player to die this cycle?

I... think Illwei has to be modkilled if she's seen the distro, but maybe a compensation like, Messenger kill could be her? 

Anyway Dannnex

Karn can choose this cycle, since he can’t be in the dead doc until he’s chosen. I do think he should pick Archer for the above reasons 

I switched Jungle and Dannnex’s roles last cycle so if one of them is elim they shouldnt have the kill anymore. Idk the OoA but maybe that’s why there wasn’t one?

Dannnex

Edit: @Tani seconding everything TJ just said

Edited by Matrim's Dice