Dream collection

Quivil

Yello

I like dreams. I like hearing them, reading them, having them, writing them down so I'll remember them better, I like tweaking them sometimes or trying to build onto them.

I also know that I'm not the only one who likes dreams.

If you want to share a dream, here's a place. If you want to read someone else's, here's a place.

I had one last night where I was preparing to run away and live at the library or the candy shop, dream me couldn't decide. I wasn't sure why I was running away, but I was taking my dog with me and sneaking around my yard trying not to get noticed by my mom. The weirdest part was I remember having a very distinct thought in the middle of the dream: "It doesn't make sense that you would expect the dog to to that! He only did that in that dream. Which is strange since this is a dream..." and then the dream continued and I had no memory of that thought until morning. 

I do have one reacurring dream that I have where I realize part way through that I'm dreaming and remember what had happened before, so the story progresses a little more each time. It's been a little while since I've last had it so I don't really remember what exactly happens in it.

I have this one dream where I'm in my bed in the morning and I go to brush my teeth in the bathroom but my mom's already in there and so I spit at her and then I wake up (in the dream) and I have no memory of the past 2 minutes and I go to brush my teeth in the bathroom but my mom's already in there and so I spit at her and then I wake up again (in the dream) and it's just an endless dream

I once had a dream that I was looking for my water bottle (I had lost it in real life a few days ago), and my mother appeared as Santa and said I could check in her desk, which had deep shelves built into the inside of it. I was reaching inside them, trying to feel for my water bottle. When I woke up, my hand was trapped in the blinds. 

I also get killed a lot in my dreams. Ways that I’ve been killed that I can remember:

Eaten by an alligator

Eaten by a lion

Shoved off a helicopter by my best friend and splatted to the ground

shot by three different friends

trampled by an elephant

run over by a Star Wars speeder

Knifed by my brother

zombified by my family

Killed by Aang

Poisoned by a friend

Killed by a giant scorpion’s stinger

Edited by #1 Taln Fan

Y’all ain’t ready for this one.

I was vibing in an old church building I used to go to a few years back before it was torn down, just walking the hallways and really just minding my own business as I strolled around. All of a sudden, there was a concert going on a few rooms down? Like, I was walking into the main chapel and saw the k-pop group: BTS note: I do listen to their music, so that’s why they’re here. They were doing their thang while on the stand while there was literally nobody else in the chapel. I decided: “What the heck? I’ll go up to them and say hi,” even though they don’t know of my existence. Anyways, as I was going up to see them, a shudder and rumbling noise came from my right. I turn in that direction and see a dark swirling portal. Everything seemed to be sucking in to that portal, and I wonder what the heck is going on with it. And then, out came Thanos from the MCU. I distinctly remember me saying in my dream: “Wait, you’re not supposed to be here.”

Then I woke up.

Do nightmares count? Sleep doesn't come to me easily and when I do get sleep its usually nightmares so yeah 

Also are you sure this should be here? I think perhaps it should be moved to general discussion. @AonEne what do you think?

Edited by Elf

Oh, yeah. Let's do this.

Okay so I was Lily Potter and I was besties with Snape. There were sketches of us that I remember seeing, then I took the one of him and left him the one of me at his house (that's where I was, but I didn't see him) then I left. I don't know how much later it was, but we talked and danced later so I was really close to his face and he didn't look like Snape. He had black and white hair and eyeshadow, so that was weird. Also his hair was fwooshy. Then the next scene I remember, we're sitting together and  he hands me a magic box. He looks different again, his hair's all black but it's longer than in the movies and like...super luscious. Anyways, this box extends weirdly before it opens, and then there are multiple boxes, kind of like a matryoshka doll. In the smallest box, there are some Hershey's kisses and he was like "Can I give you a real one, too?"
Then I, as Lily Potter, friendzone Snape.
It was  w e i r d

On 1/12/2022 at 10:29 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

A few others (including several that gave me inspirations for stories I've written)

Dreams are the best way to get ideas for things. I have at least two on hold, one for a story that I don't feel motivated to write, and one for a video game that I can't make because I don't have the required skills to do that yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Fragments I remember:

I was part of a group of students. We were on a hill. The ground was covered in snow. The teacher told us to get out our compasses and find north. I drew a plus in the snow and labeled each of the four ends with N, E, S, or W. I knew I was right. I also knew everyone else had a compass and I didn't.

Later: I was learning how to draw some diagrams.

Here's another dream from awhile ago:

Okay so I was in these woods in the winter with a person who I think was Fadran and he either told me a story about pirates or just said "watch out for the pirates" (they had a fancy title but I don't remember it). And then a lil while later I looked up and saw one of the pirates prolly aiming a weapon at us? They were wearing like white military outfits with highlights of red and it looked very snazzy. But anyways, once I saw the pirates I pointed them out to him then ran like a scudding coward, but we were circled in. He was fighting back, but then this is where I got confused. I'm not sure if he was fighting the pirates themselves or if he was...stabbing bottles of alcohol that were like.....tied to the pirates' life sources or something? The timeline gets weird here too. But he was eventually "killed" and the captain was eventually killed. I'm not sure which happened first, cause I don't remember if I initially managed to sneak away or if they let me go in respect for him killing their captain, but either way, I got back to a house where my family was, thinking he was dead, so I was very very very upset, y'know? I kept wanting to text Tesh about it but I never did for some reason? But then Tesh and Fadran and some other people actually showed up and I was happy again :) ...and then if I remember correctly, we went back? And the whole thing happened again? Except this time I was also fighting and I was definitely stabbing liquor bottles and I stabbed the biggest fanciest one and this might've been where the captain died. But Fadran didn't fake die this time so that was nice. And then the pirates never bothered us again.

On 1/14/2022 at 1:08 AM, Elf said:

Do nightmares count? Sleep doesn't come to me easily and when I do get sleep its usually nightmares so yeah 

Also are you sure this should be here? I think perhaps it should be moved to general discussion. @AonEne what do you think?

Nightmares count.

Edited by Tani

Once i had a dream that started awesome, basically i was gonna be a guest judge on AGT with Taylor Swift (which is actually pretty funny cause i don't watch agt nor am, like, a MEGA fan of Taylor- though she is awesome) and i was having so much fun, i was hanging out with Taylor Swift, they were giving me free stuff, i got to see all the weird auditions, but then right before they were about to start filming, the bald guy (i forget his name) was like, "hey you're kinda annoying can you leave" and i swear, NOTHING has hurt more than that.

Well probably a lot of things have hurt more than that, but I was so sad. Then i woke up and my day was ruined 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had one not to long ago, it might be all over the place so, that’s your warning lol.

I had been invited to go into space, except, there was Oxygen In space, so I didn’t have to worry about suffocating. The dude that had invited me into space was none other than a mad scientist, who had the thing that Syndrome had in Incredibles (the divide that puts a blue force field around it and you can make it move wherever you want my moving your arm.) then the Scientist grabbed a WHOLE planet, and “accidentally” made it crash into earth. Then I had eventually gone back home (I was like 10 in my dream for some reason) and I came back into earth and there were pools of acid on the ground, and believe it or not, dinosaurs which had apparently “hopped” over as the two planets collided. I ran home and went to my basement to pack my bag, then for some reason, my room had a window that saw into the hallway and there was a velociraptor looking into my bedroom. I had screamed and grabbed my backpack and started packing huge Legos. Then I booked it upstairs and drove away, I drove as a 10 year old. Then I woke up with no covers on and everything knocked off of my nightstand. 

yep, it’s a pretty special dream. 

There was a dream I had twice a few years ago, I don't remember much about it, but here's what I do remember.

The whole dream was in black and white, and it started with me and my friend in a cabin in the woods. We were watching a movie and then the power went out. It was still kinda light out outside because sunset was only a few minutes ago, so we try to get the power back on (yeah thats gonna work a couple of ten year olds doing adult things lol). Im about to go outside when a zombie crawls up to the front door, which is a glass sliding door, and starts banging it and growling. I don't remember anything else I'm assuming it's bad.

haha dream go brrr

I had an absolutely fascinating dream a while back, wherein myself and friends from various locations were in a desert-like location, allied with a Mad Max-esque caravan (Note: I've never seen any Mad Max movies), fighting off a skeleton army.  And there may have only been three seasons, or at least, that's what one of my friends thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I had a dream I was in Dream SMP and I was destroying everyone… (keep in mind, I haven’t completed the season) Then I was blowing up everything, because I was Herobrine (which I don’t believe in) and they couldn’t ban me. It was really chaotic.

A dreams thread! 

Recently I dreamt on two consecutive nights that I became Elend. On the first night I set out to find Kelsier, only to get killed. I can't remember who it was that killed me, just that I was on my way to meet Kel and suddenly everything went black. The next night I approached the Lord Ruler and told him the main plot of Mistborn Era 1, expecting that he'd help me save the world (I was clearly not thinking straight hahaha). However, TLR was like "hey since Scadrial turns out to be fine, I just need to follow the storyline and wait for your future wife to kill me". When I protested he became impatient and everything went black again.

I saw these 2 short dreams one after the other a couple of days ago.

The first had interiors of my house, and I saw 2 black panthers wandering from one room to another. Then I saw myself sitting in a huge red velvet chair, filling 2 large bowls of milk. And before calling out to them, the two panthers politely came forward to the bowl and started drinking it.

In my next dream, I was at my dining table having my afternoon meal. And suddenly I heard sounds coming from under the kitchen sink. As soon as I turned to follow the mysterious sound, an enormous cobra jumped out of nowhere and stood straight, looking me in the eye and hissing loudly. My heart throbbed in my dream which left me motionless. I was able to hear my own heartbeat and lost the ability to move or utter a word. Soon after that cobra disappeared, I found myself standing on a chair and the entire floor was filled with numerous snakes crawling.

My essay writer once wrote that dreams are often related to the thoughts that cross our minds just before we fall asleep. But I'm sure I didn't think of animals and reptiles before sleeping. But then I read some interesting beliefs about animal dreams in https://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/dreams-about-animals. It's written that snake dreams are related to love life, hidden fears and emotional transformation. To dream of wild animals means that I will soon encounter difficulties in my life. Is it worth believing?

Duhhh.. My life is literally a 4 walled room, so I don't think anything is going to change.

• 4 weeks later...