Neutral ideas for what I want from the next book(s)

Sedside

I have some little stupid (or not) ideas of what can happen in the next book or two. I also want a couple of (forgotten) plotlines to continue, but those plotlines can also be somewhat small or uncertain, and I'm not sure any of those is worth a separate thread. So let's collect and discuss those neutral ideas here, and if any of them gathers a big interest start a new thread for it.

Again, I want to stress. This is a topic for neutral, non-holywar ideas and plotlines. No Maya revival, no love triangles and other ships, no Sadeas, no Shallan's children, no main character deaths, no anything like that, please, deal? :)

All right, here is my list:

1. Rysn and Wandersail. I think there can be a connection with Puuli's granfather's prophecy. Will our Radiants crew sail towards the Origin for some purpose?
  2. Return of Yalb. Maybe he will join Wandersail's crew. Shallan had drawn him alive, and I would be really glad to see him again, I love him so much.
  3. Kaladin's flute. There was a WoB that this flute will eventually return to the story. How could it happen? What for?
  4. Hav. Where is he? Is he alive? Will he meet Kaladin?
  5. SimCity 1176: Urithiru. You know, I love city building strategies, if I was a game developer, I would definitely love to write an Urithiru simulator. By the way, how do they recharge spheres, if they are above the storm?
  6. I am also crazy about this "stormlight puffing from lips" stuff. Can we possibly see an in-book mechanically justified "reviving kiss"? :) Note, no predictions between whom! But we all know it will be Lopen and Rock. I think it would be a funny use of a centuries old trope.
  7. Shallan's brothers. Will they be a help or a threat? Can they tell Shallan's secrets to wrong ears? There also is a possibility for Shallan to be manipulated by Mr T, if he takes them hostages or something like that.
  8. (added later) Another idea is that Kaladin could train Shallan's army of illusions, so they will be even more overpowered, if they fougth with a good skill and in battle formations. And Kaladin would probably be fascinated by an opportunity to have an army of perfectly trained soldiers, that don't require protection, as they are practically immortal.
Edited by Sedside

I want to see Sadeas kill all the main characters and develop a love triangle with Jasnah and Amaram.

Nah, just kidding. I want to see Axies. We have a WoB that we probably will, but I want to see him studying KR spren in Urithiru. Also, Rysn and Ishar joining the main narrative, Chana appearing somewhere, and an epic fight involving Nale.

Szeth-Nightblood-Vasher-Viviena "WHAT THE HELL?!!!" scene.

Kelsier on Roshar. So I can die in peace.

Sazed meeting Dalinar.

Hoid getting hit by a shardblade/shardplate/chasmfiend/thundercast and just being Hoid during that.

Mr. T. dying.

More Evi flashbacks (Renarin POV?)

Kandra recognized.

Kal on fifth ideal being Most Badass Ever.

Oh, I forgot some

• The secret of shard plate
  • there will have to be some theological reaction to the reformation of the Knights Radiant, the death of Honor and the new Desolation. The great Vorinic schism?
  • a diplomatic mission to Shadesmar. They have a common enemy and the Knights need any help they can get

And I think there will have to be a clash between Jasnah and Dalinar.

For example in OB Dalinar just appointed new High Prines of Information and Commerce. Technically that was a coup.
If Jasnah wants to be more than a figurehead, she will have to assert her authority against the largest threat against it, which happens to be Dalinar. In fact she may need to point out the irregularity that a High Prince intends to lead the Knights Radiant.
Kings have been Surgebinders, Nohadon being the best example, but the Bondsmiths have to be above that.

23 hours ago, Sedside said:
  1. Shallan's brothers. Will they be a help or a threat? Can they tell Shallan's secrets to wrong ears? There also is a possibility for Shallan to be manipulated by Mr T, if he takes them hostages or something like that

How would they do that? They don't know them. When she left home, she was not known to be a Surgebinder. Would they tell a story about her sister being a thief? And she will live with Adolin.

They are relevant as means of blackmail. Yet so are every Radiant's families, the obvious example being Kaladin and the other Windrunners. I guess there is a reason Urithiru is so large. It has to house dependents. If the Ghostbloods tried that, why against somebody who already knows of their existance and could strike back more effectively? They are baiting Shallan with secrets. That works with a scholar. Why ruin that?

2 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

How would they do that? They don't know them. When she left home, she was not known to be a Surgebinder. Would they tell a story about her sister being a thief? And she will live with Adolin.

They are relevant as means of blackmail. Yet so are every Radiant's families, the obvious example being Kaladin and the other Windrunners. I guess there is a reason Urithiru is so large. It has to house dependents. If the Ghostbloods tried that, why against somebody who already knows of their existance and could strike back more effectively? They are baiting Shallan with secrets. That works with a scholar. Why ruin that?

Her brothers know she killed her father.

I thought about Mr T and Team Odium, not Ghostbloods. They have Malata spying over everyone. And Voidbringers are also interested in Cryptics for some reason.  

33 minutes ago, Sedside said:

Her brothers know she killed her father.

A crime they have no proof of. A crime they would implicate themselves in if they talked about it.
They have every reason to remain silent.

33 minutes ago, Sedside said:

I thought about Mr T and Team Odium, not Ghostbloods. They have Malata spying over everyone. And Voidbringers are also interested in Cryptics for some reason.  

Well, even if they are interested in Cryptics, why would their brothers disbelief the official story of her being an Elsecaller? Maybe the Diagram says otherwise, but then King Taravangian already knows. And they are certainly safer and harder to threaten in Urithiru than in Jah Keved, where he rules.
Please elaborate.

8 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

And I think there will have to be a clash between Jasnah and Dalinar.

For example in OB Dalinar just appointed new High Prines of Information and Commerce. Technically that was a coup.
If Jasnah wants to be more than a figurehead, she will have to assert her authority against the largest threat against it, which happens to be Dalinar. In fact she may need to point out the irregularity that a High Prince intends to lead the Knights Radiant.
Kings have been Surgebinders, Nohadon being the best example, but the Bondsmiths have to be above that.

Elhokar set it up that Dalinar gives up all titles as highprince of the Kholinar princedom. Adolin becomes highprince of it in his stead. Dalinar becomes High King and rules Urithiru with authority over how it, and the war against Odium is run. Elhokar (and now Queen Jasnah by proxy) have complete and final say in regards to governance of the Alethi. Elhokar (and now Jasnah) will listen to and defer to Dalinar in regards to the over all war and work with him, but any rulings specifically regarding the highprinces and alethi citizenship is up to Elhokar (Jasnah). So Dalinar is no longer a highprince leading the Radiants. Jasnah is not a figurehead because she has national autonomy. Basically letting Jasnah focus on the internal politics while Dalinar focuses on the global. 

5 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

A crime they have no proof of. A crime they would implicate themselves in if they talked about it.
They have every reason to remain silent.

Well, even if they are interested in Cryptics, why would their brothers disbelief the official story of her being an Elsecaller? Maybe the Diagram says otherwise, but then King Taravangian already knows. And they are certainly safer and harder to threaten in Urithiru than in Jah Keved, where he rules.
Please elaborate.

The brothers may believe Shallan's story about being an Elsecaller, but the cat is out of the bag regarding Odium. Multiple fused have now seen her using illusions. Among those fused, they organized Sadeas's soldiers in a manner to counter them, so they are aware they are illusions. Renarin was no where near the illusions so it would not be attributed to him. Finally as pointed out Malata works with the diagram, and the diagram now "works" with Odium. She as well as Taravangian have been present at the meetings where Shallan lightweaves maps for Dalinar. So I think it is safe to say Odium knows she is a lightweaver by now. 

Lift meeting Renarin and Rock.

Jasnah actually meeting Bridge 4 while Kaladn is forced to meet lighteyes(because he is one now muwahahaha).

Sazed interacting with everyone - maybe helping train Bridge 4?

Another meme-worthy quote. 

I just like people in stories meeting and the interactions between them, but big and small (like how we ALL cheered when Kaladin finally meet Dalinar or when Shallan made it to the Shattered Plains). Give me more of that and I'll be a happy dude.

I want to see Lyn (the scout who wanted to be a squire) become a full windrunner and see more women breaking the gender mold. 

I want to see Renarin doing bookish scholarly things and more men breaking the gender mold.

I want more Singers and Listeners and Unmade.

I want to see Lift steal Jasnah's dinner.

12 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Elhokar set it up that Dalinar gives up all titles as highprince of the Kholinar princedom. Adolin becomes highprince of it in his stead. Dalinar becomes High King and rules Urithiru with authority over how it, and the war against Odium is run. Elhokar (and now Queen Jasnah by proxy) have complete and final say in regards to governance of the Alethi. Elhokar (and now Jasnah) will listen to and defer to Dalinar in regards to the over all war and work with him, but any rulings specifically regarding the highprinces and alethi citizenship is up to Elhokar (Jasnah).

There is the issue. I doubt Jasnah can accept the position Elhokar put himself and Alethkar in.

12 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

The brothers may believe Shallan's story about being an Elsecaller, but the cat is out of the bag regarding Odium. Multiple fused have now seen her using illusions. Among those fused, they organized Sadeas's soldiers in a manner to counter them, so they are aware they are illusions. Renarin was no where near the illusions so it would not be attributed to him. Finally as pointed out Malata works with the diagram, and the diagram now "works" with Odium. She as well as Taravangian have been present at the meetings where Shallan lightweaves maps for Dalinar. So I think it is safe to say Odium knows she is a lightweaver by now. 

Two issues

1. How honest is Taravangian to Odium?
  2. How honest is the Diagram to Taravangian?

I cannot see Taravangian be more honest to Odium than to anybody else. And as he was extremely clever that day, he may have seen that he himself must not know too much when he is to interact with Odium. Taravangian is the ultimate pragmatist. He would betray his own mother for sufficient benefit.
But even if he knows, Shallan's brothers are safer in Urithiru than in Jah Keved.

9 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

There is the issue. I doubt Jasnah can accept the position Elhokar put himself and Alethkar in.

Two issues

1. How honest is Taravangian to Odium?
  2. How honest is the Diagram to Taravangian?

I cannot see Taravangian be more honest to Odium than to anybody else. And as he was extremely clever that day, he may have seen that he himself must not know too much when he is to interact with Odium. Taravangian is the ultimate pragmatist. He would betray his own mother for sufficient benefit.
But even if he knows, Shallan's brothers are safer in Urithiru than in Jah Keved.

And you are totally entitled to your opinion. Personally I do not think that is the case as Jasnah and Dalinar respect each other too much and have worked together numerous times in the past without conflict. I do not see them having such an issue going forward, but if you think the conflict could occur, then I wish you luck with your theory. 

Thing is, Odium does not need Taravangian to be honest with him to know Shallan is a lightweaver. As I said the fused in the cognitive realm saw her do her thing, and a whole lot of fused, and sadeas's men saw her do her thing in the physical realm while Odium was present. The fused even realized what Shallan was doing enough to organize Sadeas's men to gather by a wall, and anytime a figure would approach them, to test it for whether it was real or an illusion. That way they began wearing the illusions down and started to counter them. So based on that alone, how could Odium not know? It literally happened right in front of him, and a large portion of his troops saw proof of it.