Long Game 45: The House War

Straw

16 minutes ago, Mraize said:

It is because I am Profilist ;) bias on profile pictures to be precise. That is my reasoning to my vote.

So you're biased against Truthwatchers? (I'm actually not one, but the color works for Mental Health Month)

I scanned Aman on Night 2, and it turned out that Aman is a Romantic Mistborn.

Sorry I've been inactive much of this game; I should be returning to fuller activity in about six IRL days.

Edited by Walin

You think I'm an Orator? You are mistaken. Look at the day one vote. I voted for Shqueeves, one of three votes, and one of three people voting - I can't be an Orator.

Edit: I see where the misunderstanding may have occurred. I had two votes on me that cycle, but only one voter.

Edited by Bort

During N2. Aman made a post, where he asked for a pinch hitter. But because there are no pinch hitters in this game, Straw, the GM told him he would die due to inactivity. But because he did post, he survived. Now he will probably fall out due to inactivity in a couple turns anyway. You all are welcome to vote for him, but I think it might be a wasted vote, because he will likely die soon anyways.

Edited by Cadmium Compounder
Fixed spelling error

[Writeup to be edited in.]

Amanuensis is dead! He was a Romantic/Mistborn in House Tekiel.

ElephantEarwax (2): Arinian

Elandera (1): Mraize

Aman (3): Steel, Araris, Elandera

Itiah (1): Bort

Bort (1): Itiah

The Night will end on May 14, at 5:00 PM EST.

bla_1526331600.png

List of Players:

1. MacThorstenson (Malcolm MacClaimen)
2. ElephantEarwax (Rend)
3. Araris Valerian (Hadrian Penrod)
4. RippleGylf (Claire Lepinceau)
5. Mraize (Rhazien)
6. Elandera (Dera Renault)
7. Eternum (Aiden Ostlin)
8. Steeldancer (Steel)
9. Frozen Mint (Mint) Lekal Shy/Lurcher

10. I think I am here (Itiah)
11. Bort (Jynx)
12. Shqueeves (???)
13. Arinian (Faron Elverein)
14. Dalinar Kholin (Kadgar)
15. Mark IV (Mark)
16. Snipexe (Snip Exeutor) Hasting Underground Contacts/Soother

17. Kidpen (Amati) Lekal Gossip/Mistborn

18. Walin (Torden)
19. Amanuensis (Jeda Renaud) Tekiel Romantic/Mistborn
20. Cadmium Compounder (Seamin)
21. The Young Pyromancer (Limerick) Venture Informant
22. Fifth Scholar (Duilin) Tekiel Informant/Smoker

Dera entered the ball and found it to be unusually quiet. She supposed it was because of the war. People were retreating into their own circles, unable to trust anyone. This did not bode well for her business. How long before the balls stopped entirely? She counted on the people buying new outfits for each event.

Dera figured there was nothing that could be done, other than try to make some contacts and eat some dinner. The war was not likely going to end any time soon.

Malcolm Curled in the fetal position, his steward Banging in the door to his bunker.

"My Lord! You have to come out soon, there is a ball tonight." 

"I have explained this to you multiple times. I can't trust anyone, you guys could all be assassins! If I go to the ball, I might as well be asking to be killed! 2 mistborn, dead! in less than a week! They are coming for us, all of us!"

"Sir, you are being unreasonable, you already spent an large amount of your houses resources in buying this ridiculous bunker!"

"Mark my words, this bunker will keep me alive!"

Shaking his head sadly, his steward tried one last attempt to preserve the houses pride, "Everyone will talk about you at the ball! This will destroy alliances and destroy what pride we could have in our house if you spend the entire night hiding down here!"

"They will laugh now, but when I outlive them all, they will mourn their lack of foresight!"

The steward shakes his head, then nods to the soldiers standing by. They picked up the battering ram, to break down the first door. After the first crash of wood against wood, Malcolm sits up in a panic, They are trying to break in! I need to collapse the doorway! He begins to move toward the lever to collapse the entry hall. The bunker had been designed in layers, he could collapse the first entrance and fill it with over 10 tons of stone, and mover in deeper every time they tried to get in. Suddenly, with a crash, the soldiers broke through the door and sprinted toward Malcolm. "NOOOOOOOOOO! YOU WILL NOT TAKE ME!" He sprinted toward the lever, when he was lifted off his feet, and carried backward, out of his glorious bunker, screaming the entire time.

Hours later, Malcolm walked out of a carriage, looking like people had to fight to put clothes on him. As he walked through the halls, he had one thought, to survive the night so that he could return to safety in his bunker.

"Lord Malcolm," said Dera as she walked up to the obviously distressed man. "You look... uhm... are you alright?"

He had every right to not be fine. People we're dropping like coins in a Misting battle. Seeing him made her realize she should probably worry about her life, not her business.

Eyes widening, he realized that he had been spotted. He knew that if he spent more then a few seconds near the assassins, he was as good as dead. So without a word, he turned and sprinted down the hallway like a madman, throwing people out of the way, pulling bookshelves down from the wall to obstruct the path after him, anything to slow down his adversary and get him further away.

Dera started in surprise as Malcolm sprinted away from her. She'd just wanted to say hello.

"Goodbye, then," she called after him. More than a few people looked around at the commotion. Great, now she'd drawn attention to herself.

That didn't bode well during a war. She smiled affably at the onlookers, and turned toward a dining table. All that could be done was to forget what happened and enjoy a little food.