favorite quotes!

Allomancy

• 2 weeks later...

From Blood of the Fold by Terry Goodkind. Nathan is very old and extremely sarcastic. 

Nathan picked up his sword and, with a dramatic flourish, slid it back into its scabbard, "You want to be healed, now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"

"if you're going to propose to someone, don't pee in the snow to do it."

"Can you go half a day in real life without randomly swinging swords at invisible llamas in your house?"

"I have a son? and he makes happy wheels levels? how did I not know about this?"

"I'm going to pretend that I didn't pretend to hear that." 

"witchcraft! the Cheese is witchcraft!"

"As I'm about to strike down the last human being, he asks "why would you do this?" And I'll respond "Because my brother was making some really annoying noises with a pen one time."

"I've successfully done nothing." 

"it's just a thin excuse for murder hobo-ing."

"the best superhero ever: Mr. Environmenty McEnvironmentPants"

"Sometimes stupid is right. I hope nobody ever quotes me on that."

• 3 weeks later...

"Courage, dear heart." C.S. Lewis (this one is tattooed on my arm, over some of my scars. I haven't acquired any more since I got it in August.)

"Anyone capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do to the job." Douglas Adams

"Be humble, for you are made of Earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars." According to the interwebs, a Serbian proverb.

"If we're just information, just noise in the system, we might as well be a symphony." Root from the TV show Person of Interest.

"If you have the power to help, and you don't, you're just as responsible as whatever caused the problem in the first place." Me, paraphrasing something I've heard in different ways from multiple sources.

• 3 weeks later...

“Blood of the innocent. Blood of the guilty. Fresh blood. Cold blood. Old blood. You’re standing in a river of the stuff. It’s flowing through you. Gives you strength. It’s also tearing you away and drowning you. And for all the blood that’s soaking you through and through... it’s nothing compared to all the bloodshed you’re going to prevent.” He sighed and shrugged. “I also see stars above you... stars beneath you... stars within you. You’re made of stars. Bloody stars.”

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons

• 4 weeks later...

Final Fantasy XIV Primal and Boss quote dump:

"Mine age of slumber is at an end. A thousand suns may set, but the insult of mine imprisonment hath been etched upon mine eternal memory. I am come to mete out justice. To bestow the blessings of victory unending. I am Zurvan. He who standeth above all other gods. He who shall bring slaughter and ruin!" - Zurvan, The Demon

"Patience and penance...for millennia have I yearned to enact this vengeance! I am the end and the beginning! By my touch shall your wretched lives be blessed!" - Sephirot, The Fiend

"I am of the first brood! I am vengeance incarnate! I AM NIDHOGG! THOU SHALT DIE BY MY HAND!" - The Black Wyrm, Nidhogg

"Does it grieve you to see the depths of your own weakness laid bare? Maggots... You do not belong in my world! Step into Nothing! I am the truth from which you run! I am the lies upon which you sup! I am Revelation! Kneel and repent!" - Argath Thadalfus

"In darkness blooms the spider lily..." - Tsukuyomi (I literally gets chills every time she says this lol)

"HAHAHAHA TO LIVE IS BUT TO FIGHT! ART THOU WARRIOR OR CRAVEN? VERY WELL, I RAVANA, FOURFOLD MASTER OF THE BLADE DO ACCEPT THY CHALLENGE!"

"REJOICE IN THE GLORY OF COMBAT! DANCE TO THE SOUND OF RINGING STEEL!" - Ravana, Lord of the Hive

As a bonus something from FFXI:

"Mine obsidian blade shall split atwain the threads of thy future, whilst its crimson fuller shalt channel the lifeblood of thy past. Now wail as thy soul is bestrewn across the plains of Valhalla!” - FFXI Odin

Edited by Zurvanite

• 1 month later...