What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

14 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

Just finished Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames. It was very fun to read, and the humor, at times, reminded me of a Wax and Wayne sort of vibe. Looking forward to more works from the author. 

Rust dude you read fast. I'm still on bk 5 in the 100's. I'm really focusing on finishing Safehold 9 with Harvey though. Time to finish that series, it's taken well over a year of my time. Almost done...

whats next? SLA reread?

4 hours ago, Briar King said:

Rust dude you read fast. I'm still on bk 5 in the 100's. I'm really focusing on finishing Safehold 9 with Harvey though. Time to finish that series, it's taken well over a year of my time. Almost done...

whats next? SLA reread?

I get the extreme luxury of roughly 5 hours a night of paid reading time at work. 

I really enjoyed Midnight Tides. The Edur story was very well done. 

I'm starting Lies of Locke Lamora tonight. I've worked out SA to needing to start by October 7th to be done in time for Oathbringer. 

5 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

I'm starting Lies of Locke Lamora tonight. I've worked out SA to needing to start by October 7th to be done in time for Oathbringer. 

I started practising detachment with imaginary characters after reading this book. The shock it gave me was too much !

Btw, the interludes are the best parts of the book. This is one of the books where the audiobook narration is to be preferred. Do consider it. It is on a Michael Kramer level (perhaps even higher).

Lies is one of the best debut novels I have read. It's amazing.

i have finally finished my year and change long trip of Safehold today. Big sigh of relief for me. I am now going to try and focus on Tigana for most of my day reading time(200 pgs left) and do Malazan 5 at night.

i will read anything else that is set in Safehold but the odds of me ever reading anything else of Weber is extremely slim! He just needs an editor that will tell him to cut the bloating info dumps... he can certainly tell a fun story and boy can he write navy/army engagements but my goodness there are so so SO many needless 20+ pg long sections of boring drones it can be a challenge to finish the series for sure.

I've just started reading The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. A lot of you seem to be talking about large fantasy series so I'm just going to warn you this isn't anything like that, it's a YA retelling of 1001 Arabian nights and is quite good so far. However, it annoys me how quickly the main character starts to fall in love with the Caliph. I knew she was going to eventually but I just don't understand her falling in love so quickly with this guy who killed tons of people,including her best friend,(though there's probably some "understandable" reason why he's doing this to be revealed later she doesn't know it yet.)and who she planned to kill.  

Finished Tigana yesterday. That book was so stellar imo. I'm glad I decided to read that as my 1st GGK due to its controversy. If I liked it that much I ought to love his other books.

picked up WoK but I think I'm going to set it back down or just skim 1&2. I doubt I can tackle those 2K pgs in the 72 days before OB hits. Plus I'm now free to continue Malazan reread without other books hindering my time.

i did also dig out Dresden 1.

sigh

On 9/1/2017 at 8:21 PM, Sunbird said:

I just finished reading The Dire King by William Ritter today. (4th and final book in the Jackaby series)

11867906.gif

Oh my gosh, it's out already?!?!

AHHHHHHHH

I need it, but I've be been stupid lately and returned so many books late and now have lots of fines and can't check out books because of it. :(

This is a travesty.

1 hour ago, Sunbird said:

@StrikerEZ That IS a travesty! Does your library have ebooks available for checkout through Overdrive? That's how I borrowed the copy I read.

Hmm...I'm not sure if they do I think through that app, but I know they do ebooks. I wouldn't be able to check those out either because of the fines. I'll just use some of my leftover birthday money to pay the fines next time I can go to the library...which will be a while.