What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

3 hours ago, Briar King said:

I ll be curious to hear your take on Republic. As I've said more then a few times...I hated it and feel for the trees that gave their wood for it to be printed upon.

So far, so good. On about page 90 right now. I really enjoy the flashbacks. The parts with Chains and the hideout really do it for me. 

2 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

So far, so good. On about page 90 right now. I really enjoy the flashbacks. The parts with Chains and the hideout really do it for me. 

That was actually one of the main gripes I had. I won't say what yettill you finish and it could be very nit picky on my part but I thought it was a bad book regardless in comparison to how good 1&2 were.

Ok my meds kicked in the midst of typing last night and I knew I wouldn't be able get much out.

i think this is my age causing issues with things like Lightbringer 3

teia and kips feelings for each other. They were fixing to hug but she didn't go through with it and was kicking herself for not doing it and wishing she had. It was very teeny boppie in execution to me and I was like "rusting stupid teenagers"

then this really got to me in early Republic young Locke bit.

he is 6 years old and completely enchanted/in love at 1st sight of Sabetha. Ugh really? Girls had kooties when I was 6. My son was 6 at the time I was reading and girls had kooties to him as well! It was just dumb the way it came off

as I said I don't deny my age could have influenced the 2 cases

@Briar King if it makes you feel any better I have a possible explanation for Republic of Thieves 

Spoiler

In the past children were expected to grow up fast and were married early like at age 13 or so. Children were expected to behave like little adults. I could easily see such a mindset in a brutal world where the books take place.

6 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Ok my meds kicked in the midst of typing last night and I knew I wouldn't be able get much out.

i think this is my age causing issues with things like Lightbringer 3

Reveal hidden contents

teia and kips feelings for each other. They were fixing to hug but she didn't go through with it and was kicking herself for not doing it and wishing she had. It was very teeny boppie in execution to me and I was like "rusting stupid teenagers"

then this really got to me in early Republic young Locke bit.

Reveal hidden contents

he is 6 years old and completely enchanted/in love at 1st sight of Sabetha. Ugh really? Girls had kooties when I was 6. My son was 6 at the time I was reading and girls had kooties to him as well! It was just dumb the way it came off

as I said I don't deny my age could have influenced the 2 cases

I guess those things didn't bother me, considering I remember living through both situations. Lol, minus having awesome magic rainbow powers, of course. Keisha Newman, if you are out there on the Shard, I want you to know that you had the cleanest hair, and nicest voice in the whole first grade. 

I had a "girlfriend" I kissed when I was 5 or 6, and I started crushing hard on one girl when I was 7.  I don't know why I liked this girl so much but it lasted for 2-3 years.  Seems believable to me.  "Cooties" was more of a social thing.  I didn't actually think girls were gross, I just acted like I did around friends.

Edited by Who Sharded?

On 13/09/2017 at 6:52 AM, Lost Owl Needs Tea said:

Red Sister by Mark Lawrence. Enjoying it so far. I also have Prince of Thorns but yet to start that. I suspect I'm reading in the wrong order but read somewhere that the trilogies aren't related so... yay for winging through life.

Prince of Thorns was probably one of the worst books I've ever read. But because I'm a little crazy I'm still going to read the rest of the trilogy. But I guess it's one of those books that you either love it or you hate it

Finished Path to Coldness of Heart; ICBM's (intercontinental ballistic missiles) powered by spells in a fantasy novel? Yes, please!

Going to start Godsgrave tomorrow by Kristoff; the first book in the series was allright (didn't blow me away though) and I hope the second one is good.

Edited by Ammanas

4 hours ago, rmmateus said:

Prince of Thorns was probably one of the worst books I've ever read. But because I'm a little crazy I'm still going to read the rest of the trilogy. But I guess it's one of those books that you either love it or you hate it

I love this trilogy. Definitely not for everyone though for sure. Mark Lawrence frequently post on the Malazan board and engages us like an everyday guy which I love. I need to read the 2nd set and his new book.

16 hours ago, rmmateus said:

A long time ago, I started the book but left it midway. I guess I was not "fit" for the brutality.

I currently read a few books at once. One is German Grammar, one is German dictionary, one is Die Elfen (in German, obviously). I haven't used any German in years and years, and I barely remember anything. Keep your fingers crossed that I manage not to lose motivation and manage to finish this thing, as I just noticed it has like 800 pages. What have I gotten myself into, omg. 

Beside that I also read Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies. I have to admit that it is going much faster than Die Elfen. I wonder why? ;)