You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you hear "my favorite line in that book was..." and immediately assume they're talking about the Rithmatist.

I once told my friend (mistborn spoilers)

Spoiler

Me: Kelsier dies

Him: I knew it!

Me: But then he advance to preservation

Him: What? Did he come back from the afterlife?

Me: No. He died. And didn't come back from the afterlife.

Him: how does that work?

Me: it doesn't.

Him: What?

Me: *laughs uncontrollably*

I have since infected him to the point where he has sanderitis and takes 17th shard and arcanum.

Edited by I'm pretty

On 8/18/2018 at 0:49 PM, Ashspren said:

So... you guys remember this? 

Well, I have a new entry... 

~~~

Them: So I started reading Mistborn...

Me: *squeals* *screams* *screeches* *hugs them* 

Them: *gasping for air* Can’t... breathe...

Me: It’s amazing, isn’t it? 

Them: (grudgingly) It’s pretty good... but you are NOT allowed to say “I told you so.”

(I said it anyway.)

~~~

BONUS CONTENT where I troll them (Mistborn Era 1 Spoilers): 

Reveal hidden contents

Them: So... this Sazed guy. Is he important?

Me: Eh. Not really.

~~~

After MONTHS of desperately trying, I finally did it guys... :lol:

Moral of the story? You know you’re a Sanderfan when the first thing you do is post all of this on the Shard. 

Wow, Months? It has been almost a year... It took you a lot longer to get her to read Mistborn than it did me to get you to read Mistborn. In the time it took for you to get 1 person to read Mistborn, I convinced 6 people to read Mistborn (although to be fair only 4 so far have actually read past the first book).

Edited by Ishar

53 minutes ago, Ishar said:

Wow, Months? It has been almost a year... It took you a lot longer to get her to read Mistborn than it did me to get you to read Mistborn. In the time it took for you to get 1 person to read Mistborn, I convinced 6 people to read Mistborn (although to be fair only 4 so far have actually read past the first book).

Oh, shut up. You know that she’s stubborn. Plus, I’m me. I know awesomeness when I see it, and Mistborn counts. :P

I got my friend to read it. But he read the first book and half of the second while telling me he hadn’t started, just to troll me. Now he is halfway through HoA but won’t finish it just to annoy me. (Either that or he’s finished it but won’t tell me again.) The worst part is he owns nearly every Brandon Sanderson book signed by Brandon Sanderson, and hasn’t read any of them!!!!

36 minutes ago, Life&Death said:

I got my friend to read it. But he read the first book and half of the second while telling me he hadn’t started, just to troll me. Now he is halfway through HoA but won’t finish it just to annoy me. (Either that or he’s finished it but won’t tell me again.) The worst part is he owns nearly every Brandon Sanderson book signed by Brandon Sanderson, and hasn’t read any of them!!!!

The stubborn friend that Ishar and I were talking about just met Elend, and now she won’t read the rest of it just to be annoying. I hate it so much... ughhhhhhh. :P

You know you're a Sanderfan when you inhale instinctively whenever jewelry is nearby.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you do ChayShan as a warm-up during gym.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you go around and get people to say my life to yours my breath become yours.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you keep telling sticks to become fire.

You know you're a sanderfan when you wonder if Brandon Sanderson is actually right, and there is a cognitive realm. And a spiritual realm. And adolinisium.

You know you are a sanderfan when you tell random couples "no mating" then walk away laughing.

Edited by I'm pretty

Me, going about my day. Get new coworker. 

Coworker begins talking about needing new books to read and enjoying fantasy... 

Me: have you heard of Brandon Sanderson? 

Him: I've heard the name... 

And there goes the rest of the day... 

Edited by Calderis

30 minutes ago, Calderis said:

He wasn't ready for what followed

2 hours ago, Calderis said:

Conversion stories always bring a tear to my eye^_^

45 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

I met this guy in a bookstore at the epic fantasy section. I asked him if he liked Stormlight and he said yes. Unfortunately, he didn’t want to talk about it for hours and hours, which made me very disappointed.

How. Dare. He.

When you hear that there's a layer of aluminum around the walls and ceiling of a place in a book, and freak out.

When not being on the Shard for a day physically hurts. (Guess I'm overdosing. Never thought I'd be an addict, but Sandersitis is just so bad...)

When you add Sandersitis to your dictionary.

When you come back on the Shard for 1 hour and instantly gain a spot on the weekly rankings for most rep as well as break 30,000 total rep. :D
(Twi came back to the Reckoners subforum for a while, just for anyone missing the context there)

On 8/20/2018 at 7:35 PM, Ishar said:

I think my friend has the record for fastest conversion. I'd seen her reading WoK in the mornings, but one day at lunch she just up and dragged me to the library and checked out the first two MB books. I started reading immediately. So... A ten-minute conversion?

Then again, as you may be able to tell from my username, I read a lot of things. ... Some of them are... Bad... and I really should've done more research into them before starting. :D

5 hours ago, Kidpen said:

I too have a working respiratory system.

:P

How did I upvote this twice? What? :huh: Ah well, no regrets. It was a funny post.

When you see the word 'void' and your first thought is Voidus.

When you wear a Sanderson shirt to your first day of school, and ask one of your teachers if she's read anything by him - and decide to do the rest next time.

When a teacher wants you to make "name glyphs" (name tags, apparently, only you draw on them) and you try to remember glyphs. And utterly fail.