Origin of your username

Tesh

I've been curious about this for a while, and have just decided to ask.

Where do your usernames come from? Is it the username you use for everything? Does it have a story behind it? Something else?

• Smart Sloth: this was a username I used a lot in school last year. So when I joined, I used this. I also really like sloths.
  • Teshani Kholin, Tesh Kholin, Tesh: My major roleplaying character. Her story is floating around in two or three different places on the fourms. 

My last name is Weiss and I wanted to make a cosmere related username with it, so I put Warbreaker and Weiss together because I thought it sounded cool (Also because I literally couldn't think of anything and the usernames I came up with started getting progressively worse).

Because, to my greatest misfortune, the Kings Wit (AKA Hoid) does not live in the same world that I do. Therefore I am I am Witless, though My world is Witless might be better. And because it is self-derogatory. I'm good at that stuff. 

I once got into a friendly insult competition here on the Shard, and was quickly taken advantage of because "Seriously, your name says I am Witless. We don't even need to insult you because you say it right there."

Edited by I am Witless
Why not.

Kureshi is a character in my first novel. I think his name sounds pretty cool, even if he is an absolute piece of trash. It's especially cool with Ironclaw added to the end, though the addition of that surname is probably a mild spoiler for the sequel to that novel.

So yeah. Kureshi Ironclaw because it sounds cool, not because I'm a violent, power-hungry mercanary.

1 hour ago, LevenThumps said:

Leven Thumps was the book series I was reading when I started creating online accounts, and the name has just stuck since then.

I've heard there's an evil toothpick in one of the books.

3 minutes ago, LevenThumps said:

There is.  Haven't read them in a looong time, but I think a sentient twig was split in half and one piece was the evil half and the other was the good half

Is his name Gary?

(Why do I know this? @Cel read them when she was in third grade. And we talk about weird things on the bus in the morning. Like evil toothpicks).

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

Is his name Gary?

(Why do I know this? @Cel read them when she was in third grade. And we talk about weird things on the bus in the morning. Like evil toothpicks).

Had to look it up, but his name is actually Ezra.  His picture is on the fourth book in the series.  

My username for this forum came from me trying to make the absolute Sanderson-iest name I could, so I think I took the word “Ashan” (like Asha’man) from WoT, then Rosharan-ized it into the good Vorin name Nashan, then slapped on the Herald suffix of ‘Elin. 

My username on several other things is Voidbinder, just because it’s a Cosmere name few people have likely seen and therefore it’s usually available on games and other platforms. 

The Shard is actually the first place I've ever used the name Sunbird. I wanted to do something different from usernames I'd had on other websites (e.g. MissVampire13, FantasyFan13, freegirl, Morningstar), but I didn't want to pick an obviously Sanderson-related name because I figured it would be too forgettable on a Brandon Sanderson fan site. ;) Phoenixes have always been one of my favorite mythical creatures, so I chose Sunbird as kind of a roundabout way of referring to a phoenix. When I first joined, my profile picture was a phoenix too:

5aa6c09eb9247_PhoenixSmall.jpg.ad2727ef4c3c72d7e8c7d5e7b85ce21f.jpg

Well, Quell i kinda came up with, when thinking of what I should name a character for a Fanfiction me and my cousin were doing, he was a character who would put an end to madness, stop or calm the chaos, hence, quell.  Before that it was Prof, and i bet you cant guess where that came from. For videogames, I am theCakeinator35, something I came up with a few years ago, the number was because my two favorite numbers are 7 and 5. 7*5=35 for those of you who don’t want to do the math. The rest was because I was into Phineas and Ferb, so Doofenshmirtz -inators, and Cake because i was hungry, and it just stuck. 

(BTW, there's already a thre-- oh, never mind. :P)

Anyways, I chose this name because Slowswift is awesome. And because Tolkien. ;) 

I usually suck at making usernames, so as of late it's either been Slowswift or TheOtherKholin (which I actually wrote a half-rusted backstory for, if y'all care to hear it).

@Quell, I love Phineas and Ferb as well! 

To be completely honest, I sat down to make a 17th Shard account, and spent like 30 minutes coming up with the most punny cosmere username I could think of. I also feel as though I would be like Wyndle in any situation of crisis.