Pokemon Go!

Vyree

Hi, I think this is the right place for this thread. So has Pokemon go taken over anyone else's lives yet? 

I will be a pokemon MASTER I tell you. Although I do feel like a cheat driving round in my car rather than walking... 

Just now, SillySpren said:

Hi, I think this is the right place for this thread. So has Pokemon go taken over anyone else's lives yet? 

I will be a pokemon MASTER I tell you. Although I do feel like a cheat driving round in my car rather than walking... 

Meh, it's not cheating. Gary drove around in his convertible... (and he had cheerleaders...)
Not+if+we+re+like+gary+oak+_0f0cf2680f0e

9 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Just watch out with the car driving.  If you're moving more than 20mph, the app doesn't track your distance for egg hatching.

Also, you know, pull over before catching Pokemon.  :D

Absolutely, I find it's easier to find Poke Stops whilst driving.

Or, you know, just go to the nearest graveyard.

I had to "pirate" the app, as it's still not officially available in Europe, but despite that, the city is full of poke stops, gyms and other people playing :) I think I'll get bored after two weeks, but for now it's quite fun :) I caught some fun pokemons, but not Pikachu :< Warsaw is crawling with Rattatas and Pidgeys... they're everywhere :P

I am so obsessed XD its amazing.. when pokemon came out 20 years ago I was in elementary school and I was instantly hooked, I've played every game and all I ever wanted was to walk around and catch them in RL :P this is as close as I'm going to get I'm sure so childhood dream realized!

Being an active Pokémon fan, seeing this craze is very... odd. It makes me happy, though!

But it's really odd to see so many people suddenly obsessed by something I myself have been fairly obsessed by for so long... And without the knowledge those years have given me.  It's a very different experience from when Pokémon was completely new, for me AND everyone else.

Like, I saw someone ask "Is there a rare Pokémon for every element?"

That seems like a question by someone who thinks the Pokémon were designed for this game, rather than the other way around... and I'm not even sure what they meant by "elements" there. Types, I guess? But then, what about dual types? I dunno...

For now, I'll enjoy being able to talk about Pokémon with random people and have them actually being interested. I even got to brag about my Pokédex from the main games to someone I had never met before!

Oh, and about team Harmony: There are three teams in the game, based around the three legendary birds from the first generation. Some players have shown animosity to opposing teams (though most are just joking around), so some people decided to make an "unofficial" team to promote friendliness between the other teams. They based that team on Lugia, who (spoiler alert) makes the three birds stop causing chaos in the second Pokémon movie.

Edited by Eki

1 hour ago, Eki said:

Being an active Pokémon fan, seeing this craze is very... odd. It makes me happy, though!

But it's really odd to see so many people suddenly obsessed by something I myself have been fairly obsessed by for so long... And without the knowledge those years have given me.  It's a very different experience from when Pokémon was completely new, for me AND everyone else.

Like, I saw someone ask "Is there a rare Pokémon for every element?"

That seems like a question by someone who thinks the Pokémon were designed for this game, rather than the other way around... and I'm not even sure what they meant by "elements" there. Types, I guess? But then, what about dual types? I dunno...

For now, I'll enjoy being able to talk about Pokémon with random people and have them actually being interested. I even got to brag about my Pokédex from the main games to someone I had never met before!

Oh, and about team Harmony: There are three teams in the game, based around the three legendary birds from the first generation. Some players have shown animosity to opposing teams (though most are just joking around), so some people decided to make an "unofficial" team to promote friendliness between the other teams. They based that team on Lugia, who (spoiler alert) makes the three birds stop causing chaos in the second Pokémon movie.

I completely agree!! As someone who as always been obsessed, I am glad to see others embracing it.  But it is bizarre to me at the same time, I work with teenagers and I had one tell me about "this new game" on Tuesday, and I could not stop laughing to myself.  She told me how "apparently this has been a thing for a while, I had never heard of it before but this game is so much fun" I wanted to facepalm so hard :P 

3 minutes ago, jaimeleecee said:

I completely agree!! As someone who as always been obsessed, I am glad to see others embracing it.  But it is bizarre to me at the same time, I work with teenagers and I had one tell me about "this new game" on Tuesday, and I could not stop laughing to myself.  She told me how "apparently this has been a thing for a while, I had never heard of it before but this game is so much fun" I wanted to facepalm so hard :P 

I wonder how it is for people on the other side of the whole thing: people who play Ingress but don't know anything about Pokémon. It must be bizarre for them too :D

21 hours ago, Erai Sedai said:

love the game. but there's no pokestops near me. so it's basically unplayable now unless i buy more pokeballs. that, in my opinion, is a unfair disadvantage for people wo don't live near a city or shopping centre.

This. THIS. GAAAAAAAHHHHHH. Living in the country suuuuuuuucks.

11 hours ago, Quiver said:

I don't get it. Shouldn't Rapidash or Ponyta be leading team Harmony?

...but seriously, not available yet, dunno if I'll get it when it is.

I get that reference. (Although, honestly, i think anyone who spends any amount of time on the 17th shard would get that reference, simply because you were the one to make it.)

2 hours ago, Briar King said:

I deleted and re loaded so my charc came back. My daughter downloaded today and we were walking around. We known nothing about Pokemon.

All you need to know is that it's a big game of PETA hating Elemental Rock Paper Scissors.