Pokemon Go!

Vyree

I am Team Instinct (Yellow).  Mostly 'cause that's what was in control of my local Gym when I hit level 5.  It's a good thing, though, as that's the team all of my coworkers are on.

Yes.  Redacted Inc is going nuts over Pokemon.  It's hysterical.

I loaded the game onto my iPad just to see what was around and in the area I am currently at there are 4 gyms and 8 poke stops showing on the map.  And that's just the parts that showed up.  For a small town of less than 1000 people that seems like a lot.  /sigh  I really need to get a smartphone.

T-Mobile has a deal open for the next week that allows all new and current customers to nab a full year of free Pokemon Go data.  You just have to download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app onto your phone and claim the deal.

On 7/14/2016 at 7:29 PM, Eki said:

I wonder how it is for people on the other side of the whole thing: people who play Ingress but don't know anything about Pokémon. It must be bizarre for them too :D

I can confirm. It is incredibly bizarre. I actually got kicked out of my Portal farm yesterday since they thought I was playing Go,  and the comms are literally filled with "Soandso completed training". Makes it hard to communicate cross-faction. <_<

Anyways, for all of you Go players out there, get Ingress too. Not only is it a better game ( :P ), but it can really help your Pokemon hunting. Just install the app, make an account, and go to www.ingress.com/intel. It's a map made for Ingress, and since Go is just Ingress reskinned and dumbed down ( :P ), ~95% of the hexagons on it that represent Ingress portals directly correspond to either a Pokestop or a Gym. It can make playing in a portal-droughted area much, much easier.

By the way, I'm on Mystic. Not only is Articuno badchull, it also matches the Resistance color, which makes me happy :) 

14 hours ago, Bugsy6912 said:

I actually got kicked out of my Portal farm yesterday since they thought I was playing Go,  and the comms are literally filled with "Soandso completed training".

Huh? What? Kicked out? Comms? Training? POKÉMON training??

My strongest pokemon has 300 CP, the weakest pokemon in nearby gyms have at least 500. How am I supposed to enjoy the game if I'm unable to interact in any meaningful way with gyms? :/ one power up costs 800 stardust already :/ Just walking around and throwing pokeballs will get boring extremely fast. I had the same problem with Ingress, all the portals were so heavily protected I couldn't do anything to them :/

18 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

My strongest pokemon has 300 CP, the weakest pokemon in nearby gyms have at least 500. How am I supposed to enjoy the game if I'm unable to interact in any meaningful way with gyms? :/ one power up costs 800 stardust already :/ Just walking around and throwing pokeballs will get boring extremely fast. I had the same problem with Ingress, all the portals were so heavily protected I couldn't do anything to them :/

You're forgetting Pokémon battle 101; type wins over level 9/10 :D

16 minutes ago, ParadoxSpren said:

You're forgetting Pokémon battle 101; type wins over level 9/10 :D

Not when there is this big power difference :/ I tried fighting water type with grass type. Managed to get it to 80% health before my Pokémon fainted. Also, my strongest pokemon is just flying type and most gyms have water or normal type pokemons on them, so that doesn't help that much. 

Where I am the gyms are like 1500 and my highest is 500, I can usually take down the gyms first Pokemon which is something. But I haven't totally figured out the fighting I basically just keep tapping the screen. 

I got a notification award thing that I walked 10 km :o. Thank you Niantic for contributing to my health? 

13 hours ago, Eki said:

Huh? What? Kicked out? Comms? Training? POKÉMON training??

Yeah, they kicked me out of the location physically. It was a campus for a private Highscool with tons of portals

Comms is the chat menu for ingress, whenever a player finishes the tutorial it says they completed training. With so many new agents (players) it's drowning out the chat. Sorry for the exclusive terminology :P 

Edit: Oh, my best is a 576 Jolteon. My best team of 6 can take out 2-3 Pokemon in most gyms here, even though they usually start at 700-1000

Edited by Bugsy6912

18 hours ago, The Only Joe said:

I just downloaded Ingress. I haven't actually done anything, cause I'm still figuring that out, but the intro was pretty cool.

My Phone is Incompatible with PokeGo.

I can give you a brief tutorial if you're interested, as long as you joined blue :P 

2 hours ago, Briar King said:

I still have had 0 time to battle but my hugest is only 125 or so... I'm getting kinda bummed as since I randomly joined yellow team I've only seen 1 yellow gym. :( red & blue is dominating my local area.

I'm pretty sure you can get a transfer. Join mystic :P 

I'm yellow too, and we are definitely a minority where I live. I don't mind that much though, it means more gyms to take over. Tough to get a good defender bonus though.

Type matchups aren't as important in this game as in the main series. Still important, but the modifiers aren't as big. I think they are 0.8 for resists and 1.25 for weaknesses.