Mid-Range Game 24: Baleful Eye

Seonid

Yeah, OK, but if Arinian is right there was no Cabal kill last cycle.

And, Mark, how do you know all of that stuff about the factions? Sure, we knew there are 4 factions, and thanks for letting us know about all this stuff, but how do you know so much about them? Doesn't exactly make me suspicious, just wary. How did you find all that info out?

EDIT: Also, there was no vote manipulation on D2. Majestic was lynched, and since they were a Jester role the person with the second-most votes was lynched instead. Or that's what I think happened.

Edited by Eternum

4 minutes ago, Eternum said:

And, Mark, how do you know all of that stuff about the factions? Sure, we knew there are 4 factions, and thanks for letting us know about all this stuff, but how do you know so much about them? Doesn't exactly make me suspicious, just wary. How did you find all that info out?

EDIT: Also, there was no vote manipulation on D2. Majestic was lynched, and since they were a Jester role the person with the second-most votes was lynched instead. Or that's what I think happened.

I think I can give you answers for both of us. I think all what Mark wrote about factions is guesses, just like it was guess from me about what happened with Flash, both and I and Mark can be wrong in our guesses... so I don't see in what you trying to accuse us... in that we playing in blackout game and trying to guess about what happening around? That in what you accusing us?

Maybe I'm wrong and it's not only guesses from Mark *Shrug*.

Also if someone missed I will quote Ecth's post where he says what Sedatives do:

Someone just "traded" for my best item, without my consent. Whoever the thief is, know that I officially hate you.  (For everyone's notice, the item which I got back is a one-use item called Sedatives that allows me to cancel a player's vote. If anyone claimed to have such a thing, please arrest them.)

I'm not accusing Mark of anything, Arinian. I'm just curious as to where he got that information. He seems to be pretty sure of it, having said that he's willing to share more info if we leave him alive.

I'm accusing you, though, of trying to pass off Flash's death as him being Mint's lover, which doesn't seem likely, seeing as his role wasn't "Lover" as it should be in this case, unless Mint's role had some differences from an ordinary lover role.

21 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Just like I said I did. It's all there in the thread. 

Basically, 3 of the four factions are mentioned by name. The reckoners, the Cabal and the malcontents. Notice the wording " [Roadwalker] was a malcontent". So, we know malcontents is a faction. 

If what Elenion ( I think it was elenion) says is true, there's a faction called loyal citizens. I'm inclined to believe him because it sort of makes sense (I can't really put it into words). 

Now, note that whenever an epic died, their powers were revealed and whenever a reckoner died, their items were revealed. We've had two epics die, and each had two powers. We've seen a reckoner die, and they had exactly two items. So, I conjecture that each team member on both sides started with two abilities granted by power in case of the epics and item in case of the reckoners. 

Now, the malcontent dies with no items. 

Given that this is a faction game, I'd think the GMs would want to make it as equalised as possible. So, as the Reckoner analogue to the Loyal citizens, you have the malcontents who haven't spoken up due to the stigma against the reckoners since the start of this game. 

As a note to both factions, faction supporters and other neutrals, I would like to request you to not kill me sharing this info. I'm simply trying to generate discussion in thread. 

Re: Vote manip. 

Ah. I see. 

Edit: ninja'd twice. :P 

I'd forgotten that Ecth had said that. 

Edited by Mark IV

Hm. Now I'm curious. There could be some interesting mechanics in place here.

EDIT: Also, Jon was a Reckoner informations expert or something.. Maybe a scanner role? So now the Reconers are just killing blindly.

Edited by Eternum

9 minutes ago, Eternum said:

I'm not accusing Mark of anything, Arinian. I'm just curious as to where he got that information. He seems to be pretty sure of it, having said that he's willing to share more info if we leave him alive.

I'm accusing you, though, of trying to pass off Flash's death as him being Mint's lover, which doesn't seem likely, seeing as his role wasn't "Lover" as it should be in this case, unless Mint's role had some differences from an ordinary lover role.

Why he should be called Lover? You have seen some rule about it or what or something else that I don't know? Or you know something about it that others don't know? Share with us why you so pretty sure in it. You can look LG35 where lovers role were named not Lovers(but something else, too lazy to check), of course  LG35 was not blackout game but that doesn't mean that in this game both Lovers should be called Lovers.

12 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Well, I've only played ordinary Mafia before, but there, if a Lover role exists, both of them are called the same thing.

You did not learn anything from your previous game? Where was jester role elim(truthless) and secret role elim(Nale). This is blackout game we can have here anything.

Also, okay. Lets imagine if I really had tried to convince(and I'm not) people that Mint is Flash's lover... What I will get from that? No, really what? I can't see any profit from that, it's would just make me to look  bad if real Lover will reveal himself. Maybe I'm missing some profit from it, but really I don't see it.

So I don't understand in what you accusing me... it's like accusing someone that in RP he\she is Epic.

Also Jon was not information expert but:

1. Jon - Jondesu, amazing with computers but absolutely useless when it comes to talking to people Reckoners Demolitions Expert

And if I'm not wrong he only have had 1 item called explosives or something like that.

Edited by Arinian

12 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Also Jon was not information expert but:

And if I'm not wrong he only have had 1 item called explosives or something like that.

Oh god! Yes, I mixed up my notes. Yes, Jon had only one item. 

Which makes me slightly uneasy about my assumptions. 

I'm still fairly confident about the malcontents thing, but I'm not very sure about there being the same number of people in both teams now. 

Edited by Mark IV

Eternum's explained himself (yay! generating discussion!) and Mark seems like he's a pretty useful source of information (I imagine you have a PM-making ability, as there are things you know that haven't been stated publicly?) I'll move my vote to Arin, but primarily for the former of Eternum's two reasons rather than the latter--his vote on Mint still seems pretty sus; solidifying bandwagons screams scum.

Would you mind sharing your win condition now?

41 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

Eternum's explained himself (yay! generating discussion!) and Mark seems like he's a pretty useful source of information (I imagine you have a PM-making ability, as there are things you know that haven't been stated publicly?) I'll move my vote to Arin, but primarily for the former of Eternum's two reasons rather than the latter--his vote on Mint still seems pretty sus; solidifying bandwagons screams scum.

Would you mind sharing your win condition now?

What the reasons???? What I don't see ANY reasons? I already answered to all his "reasons". I voted on Mint cause I'm neutral  I don't want random lynches, or you counting as reason that I guessed that Flash is Lover? Two votes are bandwagon? I knew 100% that someone in this game have vote manip(I'm talking about Sedatives) and solidified lynch nothing else, I just wanted to avoid random lynch. And I was right when I've done what I've done cause winter retracted her vote and so if not I or Mark lynch would result in random.

Also damnation people I really should every time write IT'S JUST A GUESS when it's just a GUESS so no one would try to lynch me for that or what?

:angry:

I'm damnation neutral, I'm not Epic. I can go inactive for rest of the game if you want so.

Hey everyone, just posting to let you know I'm still here. This is one of the most confusing games ever. Probably because I haven't been on too much.

Since everyone's claiming, I'm kinda like a neutral role as well. Though independent from the other neutrals I believe, since I don't have any teammates.

I see there are some votes this turn, thought I don't think I'm in position to vote as I've been out of touch and don't want to end up on a villager, since I'm with them in spirit.

After how helpful Mark just was to my understanding of the game state, I'm not really inclined to lynch him. Mark

Something I do want everyone to notice is that Epic powers on one side seem to be balanced by items on the other. And here Alv is claiming to have lost 2 items. That means he's very likely not an epic or Loyal Citizen (because I have no items), and therefore likely either a Malcontent or a Reckoner.

Edit: Road didn't have any items, so that makes it more likely that Alv is a Reckoner than a Malcontent.

Edit 2: Vote tally:

Arin (3): Ecth, Drake, Eternum

Mark (1): Alv

Alv (2): Len, Mark

@Drake Marshall @Eternum Would you consider switching your votes to Alv, a likely Reckoner? (Ecth is at work until after rollover)

Edited by Elenion

2 hours ago, Elenion said:

After how helpful Mark just was to my understanding of the game state, I'm not really inclined to lynch him. Mark

Something I do want everyone to notice is that Epic powers on one side seem to be balanced by items on the other. And here Alv is claiming to have lost 2 items. That means he's very likely not an epic or Loyal Citizen (because I have no items), and therefore likely either a Malcontent or a Reckoner.

Edit: Road didn't have any items, so that makes it more likely that Alv is a Reckoner than a Malcontent.

Edit 2: Vote tally:

Arin (3): Ecth, Drake, Eternum

Mark (1): Alv

Alv (2): Len, Mark

@Drake Marshall @Eternum Would you consider switching your votes to Alv, a likely Reckoner? (Ecth is at work until after rollover)

The cycle didn't end?

Oh.

Ummm I'd consider switching my vote, but I don't really see the case against Alv.

I don't think possession of items is incriminating, since I started out with an (albeit pretty useless) item and I'm not evil

1 minute ago, Drake Marshall said:

The cycle didn't end?

Oh.

Ummm I'd consider switching my vote, but I don't really see the case against Alv.

I don't think possession of items is incriminating, since I started out with an (albeit pretty useless) item and I'm not evil

20 hours ago, Seonid said:

Public Service Announcement:

The cycle will be extended by 3 hours, due to unavoidable schedule conflicts. I'm 90% sure that future cycles will return to the standard timing.

Cycle just ended! So everyone Shhh....

MR24: Cycle 6 - Mass Murder

Writeup to be posted later...

Eternum has been killed! They were the Epic Tachyon, and a member of the Epic Cabal, with powers of Super Speed and Temporal Reversal!
BrightnessRadiant has been killed! She was a Penitent Murderer!
Alvron was lynched! He was a Informant with Performance Enhancing Drugs!
Asterion137 has left the city due to meeting his win con! He was a Detective with Sedatives, an Identity Scanner, and a Forensic Kit!
Mark IV was attacked but survived!

Vote Count
>Alvron (3): Mark, Len, Arin

>Arin (2): Drake, Eternum

>Mark (1): Alvron

Cycle 6 has begun. You have 44 or so hours to send in actions and to vote. PMs are still being sent out. 

red_1504195200.png

Player List:

1. [REDACTED] - Paranoid King, person who specializes in collecting relics.
  2. Starshatter and Birdrider - Winter Devotion, star crossed Australian runaways. Epic Lavalake
  3. Jon - Jondesu, amazing with computers but absolutely useless when it comes to talking to people Reckoners Demolitions Expert
  4. Mark - Mark IV
  5. Biff - Elenion, a street salesman in the wrong place at the wrong time
  6. Sandra Kensington - Sami, weapons manufacturer with dark secret
  7. Rashers - Majestic, a bacon-summoning Epic Hydroplane
  8. Impulse - The Flash Black Market Arms Dealer
  9. Shockwave - King Cole, Epic with a terrible singing voice
  10. Matt - Shqueeves, orphan who never knew anything better
  11. Anonymous - Alvron, The Collective will ensure you never know anything about him Informant
  12. Silver Feather - Roadwalker Malcontent
  13. Tammy - Rebecca, the accidental daughter of Obliteration (:o)
  14. Amy Scott - Brightness Radiant, out of place punster Penitent Murderer
  15. Nameless Character I - Drake Marshall
  16. Annabelle - Lemonelon, an "engineer" Epic Stormwarden
  17. Sol - Eternum Epic Tachyon
  18. Lightwood - RippleGylf
  19. Outblack - Hemalurgic_Headshot
  20. Falchion - Elithanathile
  21. Cranium - Frozen Mint Lover
  22. Annoan - Megasif
  23. Nameless Character II - Ecthelion III
  24. Pickle - asterion137, a small - time thief Detective
  25. Altea Meza - Crimsn_Wolf, a petite young drifter
  26. Fess - Arinian

So Asterion needed to kill the Penitent Murderer to achieve his win-con. And I think that the Informant had something to do with it?

Technically only two people have won so far.

There are two options why Eternum was Tachyon. ONE: He RP-ed as his role, because why not? TWO: Seonid named Eternum's Epic by request? Which means...

STONER!!!!!!!

Seriously, if there is a Stoner out there, PM me. I'll consider it my personal win-con to find you.

1 hour ago, Ecthelion III said:

Mark survived an attack, did he? Well, methinks I found myself the person who stole my motion sensor. Mark IV, prepare for vengeance.

To clarify: your motion sensor allows the owner to survive an attack?

@Mark IVWhat do you have to say about your survival?