Mid-Range Game 24: Baleful Eye

Seonid

2 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Mark survived an attack, did he? Well, methinks I found myself the person who stole my motion sensor. Mark IV, prepare for vengeance.

35 minutes ago, Elenion said:

To clarify: your motion sensor allows the owner to survive an attack?

@Mark IVWhat do you have to say about your survival?

I... I....
*Cries*
I... Have no idea who saved me. THANK YOU! to whoever saved me.
I have no items that can protect me from an attack. So, thank you for saving me.

On a side note, I suspect that the SK theory was correct, seeing as that was the first time for a simultaneous third kill.

What do you guys think?

2 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Anyway.

@Paranoid King I don't suppose you have a means to PM me? I think I can help you.

Hmmm. I guess you could help me estimate some slopes. It's annoying because the problem doesn't give me the exact numbers.

Estimation.png

(Actually, don't do that. The university would probably get after me.)

Or are you referring to my in-game win con? Nope, I've got no way to send out PMs.

45 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

Hmmm. I guess you could help me estimate some slopes. It's annoying because the problem doesn't give me the exact numbers.

Estimation.png

Or are you referring to my in-game win con? Nope, I've got no way to send out PMs.

That is an annoying problem actually.

I mean, why not just give you the equation so you can take a derivative and get the exact answer.

t=1/2 it looks like it's hitting 9, and it's been pretty linear from 0 to 1/2, so lets call it 18 or so. If we really want to account for the concavity of the line we can call it 17, but yeah.

t=2 it looks likes like it's totally levelled out, so 0.

t=3 the slope is continually changing, so without some actual numbers that one's gonna be hard to get a solid guess on. But it looks to be in the ballpark of 10, if you draw a tangent line or something.

(sorry :P)

But yeah I was talking about in-game. Shame neither of us can PM. Ah well.

Edited by Drake Marshall

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

That is an annoying problem actually.

I mean, why not just give you the equation so you can take a derivative and get the exact answer.

t=1/2 it looks like it's hitting 9, and it's been pretty linear from 0 to 1/2, so lets call it 18 or so.

t=2 it looks likes like it's totally levelled out, so 0.

t=3 the slope is continually changing, so without some actual numbers that one's gonna be hard to get a solid guess on. But it looks to be in the ballpark of 10, if you draw a tangent line or something.

(sorry :P)

No kidding. I got answers of 16, 0, and 3. O.o

They actually had some problems before where they did give the equation. I'm not sure why they didn't on that one.

12 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

No kidding. I got answers of 16, 0, and 3. O.o

They actually had some problems before where they did give the equation. I'm not sure why they didn't on that one.

Okay, maybe the last one is a bit less than 10. I didn't actually draw a tangent line, heh.

Maybe they did give you an equation, and they just put it somewhere improbable. That can happen sometimes...

Sorry Mark but the idea of someone protecting you out of the blue sounds a bit dubious. A spare life I can see. Being protected by a teammate I can see. But I don't see how someone with a spare protect to throw around would have known to protect you. You usually don't attract too many kills IIRC.

And @Ecthelion III since you were suspicious of my claim of Loyal Citizen earlier, I assume you're a neutral?

Sorry 'bout double post but you can't quote in edit.

Basically. I'm village, but I'm thinking that might be a joke on the part of the GMs, making me the loyal one.

To be honest, that claim sounds even more improbable than being randomly protected by an unknown party, but alright.

Anyways 'night guys.

Edited by Drake Marshall

2 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Sorry 'bout double post but you can't quote in edit.

To be honest, that claim sounds even more improbable than being randomly protected by an unknown party, but alright.

Anyways 'night guys.

If I'm not village, then it would be incredibly risky to claim having green Loyal Citizen, because then any true villager could have called me out for putting the wrong name with the green color. Ergo, I wouldn't have claimed this alignment unless I really had it. Trust me, I'd rather be neutral with all of your flashy powers and abilities.

6 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Estimation.png

lmao

4 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

59a62c4d08da4_LiarMeme.thumb.png.24dfefa1f878dab5ae7db471ae4304f4.png

LMAO

I'm glad I'm still alive, just so I could make this post.

8 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

59a62c4d08da4_LiarMeme.thumb.png.24dfefa1f878dab5ae7db471ae4304f4.png

Awww. You're the nicest person, Ecth.  Thank you for pointing out the nice design in my picture, although I think you made the picture a little off centre. But, it's fine.  :P  

Also, mind taking that vote off of me? It's the black market dealer you should ask. Not me. They'll be able to tell you who took your items. 

If I did actually have a protect item, do you really believe that there's just one protect item in the whole game? Because unless you believe that, and are willing to kill someone over it, I'd request you to remove your vote.  

8 hours ago, Elenion said:

Sorry Mark but the idea of someone protecting you out of the blue sounds a bit dubious. A spare life I can see. Being protected by a teammate I can see. But I don't see how someone with a spare protect to throw around would have known to protect you. You usually don't attract too many kills IIRC.

And @Ecthelion III since you were suspicious of my claim of Loyal Citizen earlier, I assume you're a neutral?

So, why exactly are you voting for me? You believe I lied about either having a protection item or being protected by a teammate. But how does that indicate anything?

You're literally lynching me for telling you how I was protected. I can't make up the truth. If your intuition says it's wrong, then adjust your intuition.

Also, what is so very improbable about me being protected? The attention I garnered last cycle certainly put me on someone's hit list. So, why would it necessarily be insufficient to make someone think "Oh. I should protect Mark." This is the exact reason I put this in my info post thing last cycle:

Spoiler

As a note to both factions, faction supporters and other neutrals, I would like to request you to not kill me sharing this info. I'm simply trying to generate discussion in thread. 

You know the best part? Claiming any of the three possibilities would still get your vote on me. Here's why:

Spoiler

After how helpful Mark just was to my understanding of the game state, I'm not really inclined to lynch him. Mark

Something I do want everyone to notice is that Epic powers on one side seem to be balanced by items on the other. And here Alv is claiming to have lost 2 items. That means he's very likely not an epic or Loyal Citizen (because I have no items), and therefore likely either a Malcontent or a Reckoner.

Edit: Road didn't have any items, so that makes it more likely that Alv is a Reckoner than a Malcontent.

-Elenion From Last Cycle

Also, I can't help but notice you seem a little too intent on killing me, but maybe that's just me. 

Lastly, Elenion, after 12 deaths and not a single "Loyal Citizen" and just one malcontent, I'm rather inclined to think my entire theory was wrong. Your claim here appears to be far more out of the blue as compared to mine. You seem to be grasping @Straws there with reasoning like "The GMs wanted to play a joke". It seems rather unlikely. I'd prefer to find out whether your claim is true. 

4 hours ago, Megasif said:

And fwiw, Mark.

Oops, double post.

Firstly, what's fwiw? 

Secondly, why? What are your suspicions? Is there a specific reason you're voting on me?

You're a very confusing person, Megasif. :P

P.S.  I'm sorry, Straw, for disturbing you. I couldn't resist the joke. 

Edited by Mark IV
Spoilered for convenience

4 hours ago, Mark IV said:

You know the best part? Claiming any of the three possibilities would still get your vote on me.

That's not correct. I tossed my items = Reckoners theory after we mislynched Alv, because it obviously isn't working. If you claimed a role double-life power I'd also likely believe you, especially if you had claimed it to someone else. If you claimed protected by a factionmate, that would tell us all you are in a faction, but it would also give a good explanation as to why protection would have been on you.

I'm not saying there's no chance that you were actually protected out of the blue. I'm just saying that, given the game state and lack of anyone corroborating your claim, I think it's more likely than not that you're lying.

5 hours ago, Mark IV said:

Lastly, Elenion, after 12 deaths and not a single "Loyal Citizen" and just one malcontent, I'm rather inclined to think my entire theory was wrong. Your claim here appears to be far more out of the blue as compared to mine. You seem to be grasping @Straws there with reasoning like "The GMs wanted to play a joke". It seems rather unlikely. I'd prefer to find out whether your claim is true. 

I've been claiming Loyal Citizen since D1, and never since then has anyone claimed to be green but not Loyal Citizen. That means there's either no green at all in this game (a very risky gamble for me to take, especially since at the time I didn't know much about distribution), or I'm village.

8 hours ago, Mark IV said:

Firstly, what's fwiw? 

Secondly, why? What are your suspicions? Is there a specific reason you're voting on me?

You're a very confusing person, Megasif. :P

For what it's worth.

And simply because of Ecthelion's post :P

Elenion's reason makes sense tbh.

I'm willing to change it though, if a better option appears.

Sorry for being confusing.:wacko:

Ah! Storm it! This is the third time my post got deleted! 

In short:

I'm a Reckoner. 

We tried to pull a WGG on crimsn. Didn't work very well. 

Protection only protects from attacks. Which is why I'm trying to defend myself.

I don't get why you were voting for me, Elenion. Even if I was lying about the random protection (which I was, but that's a separate point) what would that indicate? 

I suspect you have what's called a fake ID, giving you the appearance of a loyal villager. Because there have been LITERALLY NONE of any other villagers killed. Does no one fine that suspicious? More epics have died than villagers! More everything has died than "Loyal Villagers"!

Lastly, @Rebecca @Hemalurgic_Headshot @Sami @RippleGylf. Anything to say? 

Phew. Let's hope this doesn't get deleted. 

Edited by Mark IV

Sorry for the double post. In a hurry. 

Also, Ecth, yes, it was a second black market dealer that stole your item. I know flash didn't. So, yeah. However I do not know their identity. 

And, yes, I'm willing to answer any questions anyone has, as long as it doesn't jeopardize my goal.