1 hour ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Hmm. You know, I'm pretty suspicious of Maill.... pretty sure he's Corrupted. ;)

Edit: Hrm. Color tags not working for some reason.... Hopefully Gamma will take bold. :P

Are you just admitting Fain now?

Just a heads up that the cycle will still end at the designated time (4PM EST) today, but I won't get home til a few hours after the rollover to get the night going, so just sit tight until then! :D

Edit: So, 2 and a half hours from this edit is when the cycle ends. ;)

Edited by Gamma Fiend

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

Just in case this isn't too late: Nikel FainMeta.

Gamma said it ended at 4.  If not, I would vote, but it's too late. anything after 4:00 PM EST (almost two hours ago) won't be counted.  That is why gamma posted what he did that he couldn't close the thread.  @Gamma Fiend, out of curiosity, why are you being so early with your deadline?  I know that I am not the only one who missed it.  Is it just easier?

Night 6

[write-up always pending]

------------

Aonar/Hael were lynched! They were Padan Fain/Mordeth!

Vote will be edited in. Meta is still Mayor

Edit: 24 hour cycle, 11PMEST, Saturday the 25th

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Woooo! That is such a relief. Glad my gut was right about him(eventually :P ).

I suggest Bugsy not send in a kill, ta'veren redirect rubiks action to himself and stink tells us what info he learned.

I'm not sure who I think is corrupt. Joe, Rubiks, and Mailliw are my top 3 I guess.

I was getting concerned there near the end that too many people were just going to be complacent and not vote! At least that's out of the way. 

@TheMightyLopen I don't think we want to broadcast what we're going to do to the entire thread right now. Pretty sure (other than Sheep just not putting in their order) that that was part of how they pulled off such a great last turn. 

Just a quick something I'd like to point out. It could be nothing, but....

@Gamma Fiend, out of curiosity, why are you being so early with your deadline?  I know that I am not the only one who missed it.

This was part of Rubiks' last post of the Day turn. Now, it's obvious to me that this very well could just be him explaining why he didn't vote. After all, with so many people that didn't vote, I'd assume some other people missed the deadline switch as well. 

But, if we consider the possibility of the Corrupted being willing to try to push the vote off of Aonar and onto Maill (thus why Joe voted for Maill as well and tried to make Jamie Mayor), then the wording, "I know that I am not the only one who missed it" could be taken as a slip. How does he know that he wasn't the only one that missed it? There's no PMs during the day. The only ones that are allowed to talk are Eliminators. 

Because if I had said something like that, I would have probably said something along the lines of, "I'm sure I wasn't the only one who missed it due to the deadline." The difference being the certainty and isn't that part of what led Wilson to catching Gunshy?

Considering that most of us already think that Rubiks is likely the Corrupted DF already, due to him being rescued from Bugsy's kill, this is just another possible brick in the wall; not proof. Like I said, just a possible slip I noticed. 

Thoughts?

EDIT: If this is the case, I think it kind of clears Maill as well, unless Aonar had another Corruption, since they wouldn't want to kill another one of their own just to save Aonar if he didn't. At the very least, I find it a bit more likely that Maill actually was redirected. 

Edited by Metacognition

True, the last minute push on Mailliw is a good point. Hmm. Plus, Joe claims to have redirected Aonar to Rubiks twice, but we know that's impossible, since there were 2 Corruptions. So something evil went on between Joe, Mailliw, or Jaime with that protect of Rubiks(another implication of Rubiks), since one of them is lying.

13 hours ago, Gamma Fiend said:

Aonar/Hael were lynched! They were Padan Fain/Mordeth!

It was done.

Alone in a room of the very same inn that the-late-Mayor Twim was murdered in, Nik pondered his existence in silence. The man was exasperated, to say the least; his mind clogged with thoughts of what could have been, if only his father hadn't been a Darkfriend. Not just any Darkfriend, he reminded himself, but a vessel for an evil as dark as the Dark One himself. An evil even darker, perhaps. He shuddered at the thought.

It was done, finally, after a decade of non-stop searching, and what was he?

Pleased?

Uneasy?

Relieved?

Disappointed?

Though he didn't have the heart to admit it, he was all of these and a thousand things more. His father was dead, at his very own hand, and what was he to do? For a moment he considered saying a prayer for the man consumed by Mashadar, but he dismissed that notion quickly. No prayer could redeem his cursed soul now, if such a thing even remained. He considered leaving Drell's Crossing cloaked in the night, of returning to his mother in the Three-fold Land, though he dismissed that notion just as quickly. She would never welcome him back, not even if the Clan Chief himself greeted him with open arms. Not after what he did.

Instead, the man called Nik slept. Or at least tried his best to. Despite the fatigue his thoughts would not let him, lifelong vengeance exacted or not. For hours he laid in that lump-ridden bed in silence, fingering the hilt of his knife in the dark, cursing himself for not being stronger. Cursing himself for not yet being dead. Rage took him suddenly, hand grabbing the knife by its blade so tight that it split his flesh and spilled something warm and crimson across his lap. A second later and the knife was sticking out of the door across the room, blood dripping from its razor edge. Tears dripped from his chin, too. What was he to do?

When the silence became too loud for him to bear, his emotions too maddening for him to reflect upon any further, the man called Nik leapt to his feet, tore his knife free from the door, and departed into the night. Darkfriend dad dead or not, those tainted by him still lingered. Though he was no hero, he decided right then he would kill them too. Kill them, or die trying.

Light, how he wished he would just die trying.

13 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

So, that took a bit, but we got him. Joe and Lopen would be my top two corrupted suspects. 

Why Lopen?

12 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Woooo! That is such a relief. Glad my gut was right about him(eventually :P ).

I suggest Bugsy not send in a kill, ta'veren redirect rubiks action to himself and stink tells us what info he learned.

I'm not sure who I think is corrupt. Joe, Rubiks, and Mailliw are my top 3 I guess.

Yes, @Bugsy6912, it is essential you do not make a kill. At least one of the Ta'veren are Corrupt (we know now that Joe is, without a doubt), though I suspect both are. My only concern is that if he IS Corrupt, can we trust that Rubiks is Corrupt, too? It's possible that him "redirecting Hael to Rubiks" was just a ploy to frame him, but it's also possible that Joe was tainted afterwards.

9 hours ago, STINK said:

Uh, haven't got my PM from Gamma yet guys, so sorry but I can't tell ya anything yet.

You've had to have received that PM by now. Who did Aonar Corrupt?

Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, STINK said:

Still haven't got my PM, sorry.

:o...

:(..

:angry:!

@Gamma Fiend helppppp

I swear, if you've been a Darkfriend lying about your role this whole time, or Corrupt... >:[

@STINK I saw Gamma online reading the thread approximately twenty minutes ago. I doubt he would intentionally withhold your results, so either you have it now or you're a liar, like I thought you were from D2. So, what is it?

Edited by Amanuensis
Prodding Stink

10 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

@Metacognition, true, but it's just suggestions. I'm hoping nothing happens at all this Night, so might as well try and get some discussion going.

@Mailliw73, soooo, you know for sure you protected a Corrupt last time? ;P

Well, I'm assuming I did or that they're trying to frame him. I think it's more likely that he is one. 

9 hours ago, Metacognition said:

Just a quick something I'd like to point out. It could be nothing, but....

This was part of Rubiks' last post of the Day turn. Now, it's obvious to me that this very well could just be him explaining why he didn't vote. After all, with so many people that didn't vote, I'd assume some other people missed the deadline switch as well. 

But, if we consider the possibility of the Corrupted being willing to try to push the vote off of Aonar and onto Maill (thus why Joe voted for Maill as well and tried to make Jamie Mayor), then the wording, "I know that I am not the only one who missed it" could be taken as a slip. How does he know that he wasn't the only one that missed it?

Considering that most of us already think that Rubiks is likely the Corrupted DF already, due to him being rescued from Bugsy's kill, this is just another possible brick in the wall; not proof. Like I said, just a possible slip I noticed. 

Thoughts?

RUBIKS: I am having the same problem as Aman.  I said that I know I'm not the only one that missed it because there are 12 of us, and only 7 voted.  Aman wanted to change his vote, and Lopen was surprised that it already ended.  Also, as noted, Gamma himself missed the deadline.  Many people were unable to vote.  That was just my perception, and evidently, it was true.

1 hour ago, STINK said:

Alright Ada calm down, I got it now :P

Aonar targeted Joe. Obviously can't SS the time the PM got sent to me though haha

I figured that was who Aonar took. No wonder Joe made it so obvious at the end of the last turn that he is Corrupt, what with us openly planning to catch him and all...

My only question then is why did Joe NOT redirect Aonar to Rubiks like he said he would to Jaime the same turn he was Corrupted? It makes no sense that village!Joe wouldn't. So, either Jaime is a Fainfriend and lied about what action Joe was supposed to do (Jaime would had to tell Joe that she would redirect Aonar to Rubiks while he attempts to redirect me to make sure I'm not the last Darkfriend) or Stink has been lying about being a Thief-Taker to hide his evilness.

If Joe was truly Corrupted this past turn, then that means Rubiks is definitely Corrupted too. Jaime would have to be as well, in this scenario, otherwise I can't explain why Aonar wouldn't have been redirected.

I think the only alternative could be if Stink was a Darkfriend and Corrupted. That would explain how he "knew" Meta took no action on N1 (if this is the case Meta would have been their first target, and since there was no kill / no mention in the write up, they would deduce he was a Dreamwalker) and why Stink claimed Bard targeted Mailliw on C3 (to support Aonar's claim of being a Viewer, hopefully prolonging his death long enough to get his last Corruption in). In this scenario, Joe would very likely have been the second person Corrupted, then, so that he could claim redirecting Aonar to Rubiks with hopes of us lynching a villager / clearing Aonar of being Padan. Since that failed, he had no choice but to reveal his evilness by allowing Aonar to Corrupt one more player, most likely one we wouldn't expect, to give them a chance at winning still.

Light burn you, @The Only Joe, why didn't you redirect Aonar?

Edited by Amanuensis