@Amanuensis The only successful redirect (that actually did something) was N4.  I am not going to say who I redirected Bugsy to in thread, because I don't want to give him away, and he said he'd like to wait.  I said I did not redirect him to Bard so he is not the one who put in the DF kill, which is enough info for now. I didn't redirect anyone N1, N2 I was detained, and N3 I redirected Conquestor to Seonid and got that awful redirection successful message the screwed up Conquestors lynch (still feel bad about that, in and out of game..)

Edited by jaimeleecee

5 minutes ago, jaimeleecee said:

@Amanuensis The only successful redirect (that actually did something) was N4.  I am not going to say who I redirected Bugsy to in thread, because I don't want to give him away, and he said he'd like to wait.  I said I did not redirect him to Bard so he is not the one who put in the DF kill, which is enough info for now. I didn't redirect anyone N1, N2 I was detained, and N3 I redirected Conquestor to Seonid and got that awful redirection successful message the screwed up Conquestors lynch (still feel bad about that, in and out of game..)

I'll have to wait on a response from Bugsy about that, then. Expect a PM from me tonight so that I can talk strategy with you, as I have a pretty solid plan that involves Joe and you to prove who the last Darkfriend is.

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Bugsy6912 said:

With the extra day, I don't really feel like waiting any more. I'm the Wolf Brother. Jaimie successfully redirected me to HS last night, I honestly targeted you, @Amanuensis :P

Ah, huh. Well that would have lessened a lot of stress for me if it succeeded. Can I ask why you decided to choose me, though?

18 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Ah, huh. Well that would have lessened a lot of stress for me if it succeeded. Can I ask why you decided to choose me, though?

Your false claim seemed like it'd give you a huge opportunity for suspicious activity, and didn't seem like a very village thing to do. Plus, a few other people shared the opinions, so I didn't think it was a baseless gut feeling 

Edit: Oh, by the way, I'm most suspicious of Aonar and Aman still. If one is lynched, I'll try and kill the other. 

Edited by Bugsy6912

15 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Your false claim seemed like it'd give you a huge opportunity for suspicious activity, and didn't seem like a very village thing to do. Plus, a few other people shared the opinions, so I didn't think it was a baseless gut feeling 

Ah, I see. I disagree with that not being villagery though. Why would a Darkfriend claim a Villager's role? Unless I had a way to ensure Conq remained alive the entire game and never told anyone else his role / turned on me, it'd be way too risky. The fact of the matter is I knew I had an extra life and by claiming something like Whitecloak I might bait the Darkfriends into attacking me, simultaneously proving I'm not Fain and that I'm not a Darkfriend. I wouldn't have minded being attacked by a Wolfsibling though, because the lynch is literally the only tool I have to kill the Padan (the only thing I really care about this game) and it really irks me that it's being wasted doing something that you could prove tonight or the next day turn if I'm Detained.

Edit: I still think we should lynch Aonar and Detain me. Knowing you're the Wolfbrother the only way that Jaime could be lying about being Ta'veren is if you were Corrupted either last night or N1 while she's the other Corrupted. So really if it's not Aonar/Rubiks then it has to be Jaime/Bugsy, or Mailliw is Padan in which cause I have no idea who he'd have taken.

Edited by Amanuensis

Why would a villager claim a role of someone who could have been a darkfiend? And how would it be risky? Unless you mean the potential of it increasing suspicion on you when it was revealed, which is a pretty IKYK defense.

I suppose I can't fault you for trying to bait DFs, but that's assuming you're actually an Aiel Blooded, which is only proveable by your loss of one life. It's somewhat odd that you're using your possible survival of a lynch to try to avoid a lynch, but it's not really Elim indicative. I just don't really love the thought that you would rather waste a detain than an extra life you have, and are fighting against the one thing that could prove your role

@Amanuensis Fine. Most the village knows this already. I'm a Wisdom. I haven't successfully saved anyone yet, but if we want, Bugsy and I can coordinate to do so. 

Lopen, you, Meta, and Aonar are actually all the ones that could be Padan. Yours and Lopen's Aiel claims have not been proven. Meta's Dreaminess hasn't been either. Same for Aonar's Viewings. 

22 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Why would a villager claim a role of someone who could have been a darkfiend? And how would it be risky? Unless you mean the potential of it increasing suspicion on you when it was revealed, which is a pretty IKYK defense.

I suppose I can't fault you for trying to bait DFs, but that's assuming you're actually an Aiel Blooded, which is only proveable by your loss of one life. It's somewhat odd that you're using your possible survival of a lynch to try to avoid a lynch, but it's not really Elim indicative. I just don't really love the thought that you would rather waste a detain than an extra life you have, and are fighting against the one thing that could prove your role

Conq claimed to me the night after we lynched Gunshy. He told me he Detained Lopen N1 so I confronted Lopen N1 pretending to be the Whitecloak who Detained him. My intent was to either catch Lopen in a lie (why would a villager hide being Detained on a night where a kill was missing?) or Conq in a lie (I didn't tell him I was messaging Lopen so if Lopen turned out to not be Detained, that meant Conq was trying to gain my trust by claiming a role that the Darkfriends had just lost). Just in case Lopen was a Darkfriend I wanted him to believe I was the Whitecloak so that he'd tell his Darkfriend friends and hopefully they'd end up wasting an attack on me. It turned out that Gamma had made a mistake so when Lopen told me that, I decided to ask Conq who he was Detaining next (he told me Jaime, which she admitted the next day turn, so from that point on I trusted him absolutely). I decided to keep up the lie just in case Lopen was lying about Gamma making a mistake. He also slipped up and said I was a Whitecloak in thread, so at that point I thought for sure I'd get attacked so that gave me even more incentive to keep it going.

20 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

@Amanuensis Fine. Most the village knows this already. I'm a Wisdom. I haven't successfully saved anyone yet, but if we want, Bugsy and I can coordinate to do so. 

Lopen, you, Meta, and Aonar are actually all the ones that could be Padan. Yours and Lopen's Aiel claims have not been proven. Meta's Dreaminess hasn't been either. Same for Aonar's Viewings. 

Is it a waste of a Detain, though? With Mailliw now claiming Wisdom (if it's true) Aonar or I are the only possible Padans. Detaining me and lynching him means no one else can get Corrupted tonight, and you guys can be free to test my extra life another time.

Meta can't be Padan because he was Detained last night by Sheep (unless someone else wants to counter claim being Detained).

Lopen can't be Padan because he was Detained N1 by Conquestor, a night a Corruption also took place.

Therefore it's only Aonar or I, and I know for a fact it's not I. That's why I do not want to waste this lynch proving it, when it can be proven next turn (which wouldn't be necessary in the first place because Aonar IS Padan, as you'd all see if we just kill him).

EDIT: Also, you're just as unproven as us if you've never had a successful healing.

Edited by Amanuensis

@Amanuensis Ah, right. In that case, I'd rather lynch you, I think. Aman. If you survive, we know you're not Fain. If you die, you're a lying DF or Fain himself. Sheep, you should detain Aonar. 

Stink, I would recommend that you track Jaime. 

Oh, and I know that I'm completely unproven as well. I protected Hael N1, and then Bugsy every night since then, I believe. So, since he never made himself a target, I didn't protect him. I just wanted to be sure we'd have our Wolfbrother when we needed him. 

5 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

@Amanuensis Ah, right. In that case, I'd rather lynch you, I think. Aman. If you survive, we know you're not Fain. If you die, you're a lying DF or Fain himself. Sheep, you should detain Aonar. 

Stink, I would recommend that you track Jaime. 

Oh, and I know that I'm completely unproven as well. I protected Hael N1, and then Bugsy every night since then, I believe. So, since he never made himself a target, I didn't protect him. I just wanted to be sure we'd have our Wolfbrother when we needed him. 

Well this has officially been the most frustrating turn I've ever played. Why have I even bothered.

I do agree with that though. If you aren't lying that means Aonar must be Padan, which means Rubiks is for sure Corrupted and we need to kill him anyway (unless Jaime is Corrupted and not actually a Ta'veren, and her claim of redirecting Aonar to Rubiks was just a plot to get us to follow a false lead). @STINK Thief-taking it would help prove that for us.

Fair enough. Though either way if you're a Wisdom you're just as likely to be the last Darkfriend as Elodin, Rubiks or Lopen, then.

10 minutes ago, STINK said:

Alright so now I've got like 10 different suggestions for who to sniff, and I dont know which one Im actually supposed to do.

That's why we are having this conversation :P Padan can only be Mailliw, Jaime/Bugsy or Aonar/Joe right now. I'm more inclined to believe it's Aonar/Joe than any of the others. If Jaime is the true Padan then that means Bugsy would have to be Corrupt in order to claim he was redirected by her, or vice versa (Bugsy could be Padan and Jaime the true Wolfsibling, but in this scenario that means the Wolfsibling would have been Corrupted N1). This same thing applies to Aonar/Joe (unless someone else has been redirected and can vouch for him). So basically it's just a way to make sure that those two are not lying and we follow a false lead with Aonar/Rubiks. I think that's how Mailliw is thinking right now, at least.

Edited by Amanuensis

21 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Well this has officially been the most frustrating turn I've ever played. Why have I even bothered.

I do agree with that though. If you aren't lying that means Aonar must be Padan, which means Rubiks is for sure Corrupted and we need to kill him anyway (unless Jaime is Corrupted and not actually a Ta'veren, and her claim of redirecting Aonar to Rubiks was just a plot to get us to follow a false lead). @STINK Thief-taking it would help prove that for us.

Fair enough. Though either way if you're a Wisdom you're just as likely to be the last Darkfriend as Elodin, Rubiks or Lopen, then.

Sorry. :/ But if you are what you claim, then nothing negative happens this turn. Sheep detains Aonar, you survive, nothing bad. Then at night, Bugsy does his thing, I do mine(for probably the last time), and we hope to kill a Corrupted/DF and maybe protect from the kill. 

7 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Sorry. :/ But if you are what you claim, then nothing negative happens this turn. Sheep detains Aonar, you survive, nothing bad. Then at night, Bugsy does his thing, I do mine(for probably the last time), and we hope to kill a Corrupted/DF and maybe protect from the kill. 

"I get that. I really do. But because I know what I am, who I am, I know it's a waste of time. If everyone else is what they say are that means M'hael has to be my father. I've traveled from the heart of the Three-Fold Land to the shores of Seanchan looking for him, and now that I've finally found him, have him within my grasp, the residents of some useless hobble of a village in the middle of nowhere won't let me exact my revenge! Can you not see how that might frustrate me?"

Edited by Amanuensis

Yeah, I can confirm that Bugsy claimed to be the Wolf-Brother about 2 Cycles ago to me. Mailliw also claimed Wisdom to me about 2 Cycles ago, which I took as confirmed when Stink said he scanned Mailliw and saw that Mailliw targeted someone(Bugsy, I think) on a Night that no one was Corrupted(I think it was Night 2 that he saw that happen?(which means Stink scanned him on Day 3)). So, as far as I can see, Aman and Aonar are the only suspects for Fain left.

@AliasSheep, can we get confirmation that you're detaining someone please?

@RubiksCube, what do you think of Aonar's claim? You haven't really said much on the subject. Do you think there's any chance he's lying about being a Viewer just to save his own skin?

Gamma, if we kill all of the Darkfriends, are we notified of that fact when the last one dies?

Edited by TheMightyLopen
GM question.

1 hour ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Whoever is detaining, please don't detain Aonar. I'm killing them tonight if Aman isn't Fain, so that'd be quite a waste on my part. It's midnight, so I have to go. Sorry for the rushed post 

The issue is Kills come after Corruption. So if Aonar has a third Corruption he would be able to convert one of us if he isn't Detained, and we would have to spend more time trying to figure out who that is. If you want to make this game more challenging, then I MIGHT be willing to get behind that (all I care about is if Padan dies or not). But I highly doubt other people would like that.

1 hour ago, STINK said:

So I should sniff Aonar to see if he is telling the truth?

No, he's going to be detained. There's no point.

1 hour ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Whoever is detaining, please don't detain Aonar. I'm killing them tonight if Aman isn't Fain, so that'd be quite a waste on my part. It's midnight, so I have to go. Sorry for the rushed post 

No, no, no. Please do detain Aonar. Kills come after Corrupts and we don't want an extra one to go through. @Bugsy6912 you can kill suspected Corrupted/DF instead.