4 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Can I ask why you think the kill role and the two redirects are not corrupted? Especially since I protected Rubiks. Do you think I'm corrupted?

@The Only Joe Anything to say?

Sure, ask away. ;)

Yes, I think you're Corrupt. I think Hael Corrupted you N1 for, you guessed it, information. Along with the fact you just protected Rubiks. Still, could have been a redirect, but, I just think you're it. Call it gut if you want. I don't like giving long explanations on mobile, sorry. #lazylopen #mobilelopen

13 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Sure, ask away. ;)

Yes, I think you're Corrupt. I think Hael Corrupted you N1 for, you guessed it, information. Along with the fact you just protected Rubiks. Still, could have been a redirect, but, I just think you're it. Call it gut if you want. I don't like giving long explanations on mobile, sorry. #lazylopen #mobilelopen

Huh. Cause I told you I had no PMs that first night, didn't I? I didn't get any information until much later. Plus, I'm honestly surprised I've lasted this long, why would Hael expect me to?

I'm fairly certain Maill wasn't corrupted early, because I haven't been corrupted yet and he's known my role for awhile. WB seems like a role Fain would want to have, so if Maill gave him that info early-game, it would mean I'd probably be corrupted right now. I'm not, so if he was corrupted, I'd guess it was late game. 

Unless, of course, Fain corrupted Jaimie or Joe to redirect me, attempting a move that would result in the reducing village numbers by a minimum of 3 with 1 corrupt (my target(s), me, possibly other redirect, and then the convert)

Edit: Oh, and I still think Rubiks is a better lynch. It's something of a gamble, but if we take him out and he is a corrupted DF, we eliminate a lot of uncertainty and their only kill. Then we can just take them out at our leisure 

Edited by Bugsy6912
Added last paragraph

@Mailliw73, who knew you were protecting Sheep? Seems like a pretty big coincidence that they redirected your protection on the same night you protected the kill target. Could be they knew you were protecting Sheep and wanted to frame Rubiks plus take out a trusted villager with a useful role. I think a coincidence may actually have been more likely, but a little more information wouldn't hurt. 

Oh, and before anyone else draws conclusions from a slight inconsistency, Maill said he was protecting me last night at my request to dissuade potential DF attacks, but told me privately he didn't know who he'd protect, so that inconsistency between him protecting me and then Sheep isn't really evidence 

Edited by Bugsy6912

@Bugsy6912 Its not evidence, but its pretty convenient a cover, to say that he was actually protecting the one who was killed but got redirected to the one who you were killing.. I might be willing to switch my vote to Rubiks but I'm not convinced that Mail wasn't the second corruption yet, and I think hes a bigger threat if he is corrupt. I agree with what you said earlier I don't think Mail was the first to be corrupted but I think he was last time.

37 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

@Mailliw73, who knew you were protecting Sheep? Seems like a pretty big coincidence that they redirected your protection on the same night you protected the kill target. Could be they knew you were protecting Sheep and wanted to frame Rubiks plus take out a trusted villager with a useful role. I think a coincidence may actually have been more likely, but a little more information wouldn't hurt. 

Oh, and before anyone else draws conclusions from a slight inconsistency, Maill said he was protecting me last night at my request to dissuade potential DF attacks, but told me privately he didn't know who he'd protect, so that inconsistency between him protecting me and then Sheep isn't really evidence 

Not a single person, for that very reason. I just actually guessed their target this time. I'm assuming they were going to redirect me no matter who I said I'd protect. 

You know, Since no one else did it...

Quick links:

Spoiler

Player list:

Spoiler

1.Mailliw73 - Amaiya Mavenil
2.Seonid - Cenn al'Idrius Darkfriend Ta'veren
3.Elbereth - Lomion Village Wolfsister
4.Amanuensis - Nikel Fain, Padan's son, on a quest to stop his father
5.TheOnlyNyali - Eryn, a Cairhienin 'Maiden of the Sword', lost from her society on her journey
6.AliasSheep - Llewella Rhysdaughter, an Andoran scholar studying history  Village Whitecloak
7.Conquestor - Lorien, the town guard, likes boring patrols Village Whitecloak 
8.Master Elodin - Ba'Alzamon, on the run from Whitecloaks
9.Phattemer - Ana-alline Village Thief-Taker
10.Haelonar - M'Hael, a False Dragon
11.Little Wilson - Keland, Owner of The Golden Dagger, Witless' half-brother Village Warder
12.The Young Bard - Ruon, 15 year old, wants to be a gleeman and leave the town for adventure Village Channeler
13.Hellscythe - Tazrim Maim Village Warder
14.ThatTinyStrawMan - Gladium Dei Village Viewer
15.Sart - Sarah Tea, a recent widow Forsaken
16.Metacognition - Mezal Althara, a foul-mouthed, ill tempered blacksmith
17.WinterCloud - Lexa & Heaven
18.Bugsy - The aging town librarian
19.Deathclutch19 - Trafalgar Law Village Dreamwalker
20.TheMightyLopen - Jak (Of the Shadows?)
21.GunshyMink74 - Gunshy, an entrepreneurial dirt salesman Darkfriend Whitecloak
22.ArarisValerian - Alain Stern, a lumberjack Village Channeler
23.RubiksCube - Cubik Rube
24.IrulelikeStink - ???
25.jaimeleecee - Birgitte, serving girl at the Inn, named after the Hero of Legends
26.OrlokTsubodai - Locke, silent stranger Village Warder
27.Twelfthrootoftwo - Douza, with his hammer Village Wisdom

12 hours ago, Metacognition said:

I understand why you guys want to go after someone other than Aonar. It makes sense in the idea that we'd be removing a corrupted that has a useful ability. 

Here's the thing though. The Ta'veren aren't that useful right now if Bugsy doesn't put in a kill. Sure, they could move Maill's protection (if he hasn't been corrupted anyways) to make sure that the DF kill goes through, but even then we'll still have the majority over them. Right now, based on Aman's list above, it's about 7-4 (6-5 if the DF hasn't been corrupted), in our favor. If we lynch Aonar (unless someone doesn't think he's Fain?), then it's 7-3 and we don't have to guess or worry about whether or not he has another corruption. Then they kill during the night, we don't, and it's still in our favor at 6-3 (5-4 if the DF hasn't been corrupted). 

If we don't lynch Fain and he does have another corruption, then the next day, even with Bugsy holding back on killing, we'd be at 6-4 (5-5 if the DF hasn't been corrupted) even if we get a corrupted with our lynch. 

If we don't lynch Fain and he does have another corruption, AND we screw this lynch up, we're looking at 5-5 by tomorrow and we've lost. 

Obviously, this gets worse if Bugsy does attack and they're capable of redirecting, but the point is, by killing Fain/Aonar right now we weaken their numbers; something we need to do if we don't want them to get the upper hand. 

This also gives us a chance to test one of the Ta'veren tonight. I don't want to go into details here obviously and it won't absolutely confirm one over the other, but if something odd does happen, then it could tell us which one is likely the corrupted.

Unless there's something I'm missing or there's a chance that Aonar isn't Fain, then I don't see why we're refraining from taking out basically a known Eliminator. 

EDIT: I did come up with one way that if could be worse, but it'll be easy to check: if they corrupted Bugsy. But, even if they did, we'd still be up 5-3 at the end of the next night and we'd know that they had corrupted Bugsy if he attacks when we ask him not to. 

I was panicking because I either forgot, or didn't realize, that the Ta'veren can't force Bugsy to make a kill if he doesn't put an order in. Knowing that I am a lot less concerned, and I agree 100% with this assessment. Even if I'm right about Jaime being Corrupt, it's not as critical that we lynch her now as I first believed. Aonar is, and should have always been, our priority. @STINK, you need to Thief-Take either Jaime or Joe. I want to say her because of how fast she was to accuse Mailliw of being a Corrupt Wisdom, as if she had that response pre-planned, but given that @The Only Joe was apparently supposed to redirect Aonar to Rubiks and that appears to have failed, there's a decent chance he could be the reason we failed, too. If Stink proves that Jaime was honest when she said she tried to redirect me, or that Joe was not responsible for making Mailliw heal Rubiks, I have an idea that should allow them to prove themselves / put us in a much better position then we are now. My only real concern is if we decide on this lynch too soon then discussion might stagnate. Either way, here's some vote tallies.

Lynch vote: 

(1) Rubiks: Bugsy, 

(3) Aonar: Meta, Lopen, Aman

(1) Mailliw: Jaime, 

Mayor Vote:

(1) Aman: Aman,

(1) Mailliw: Mailliw,

(1) Meta: Lopen, 

Edited by Amanuensis

So basically general consensus is that I put in no action tonight, Stink scans Anoar, and Aonar gets lynched. Correct?

Oh, and Joe + Jamie, please redirect Rubiks to Meta. That way, if he is DF, he'll place the kill on someone dreamwalking and we won't lose anyone tonight, and if his attack goes through on someone other than Meta we'll know at least one of you or an "Aeil blooded" claimed ta'veren is corrupt.

Edited by Bugsy6912

25 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Shouldn't stink scan Aonar?

That's a good idea, actually. Would prevent a lot of guess work.

12 minutes ago, STINK said:

Na cause then I'd see that Aonar corrupted Ada, silly.

Not sure what upsets me more; that you'd even suggest that, given how tactically unsound it is, or that such poor logic received an upvote.

That being said, this will be my last post for this game, unless I'm needed to place a vote next day turn (in which case just tag me with an @ and who you need me to vote for). I am getting way too frustrated with all the implications of me being evil when I have done nothing but good.

Ada out.

I literally picked the worst time to be doing testing didn't i. I'm not going to have much online time today or tomorrow, so if you guys need something from me, please use the @notifications. They're quite useful in knowing what I need to respond to.

@Amanuensis N1: Bard to Elodin (Successful) N2: Meta to Stink (Unsuccessful) N3: Straw to Elbereth (Successful, but they both died. :( ) N4: Haelbarde to Rubiks (Successful) N5: Haelbarde to rubiks again (Successful)

I'll try to be back online in about 4 hours, for about half an hour. 

@Gamma Fiend If Fain were to Corrupt someone who was already Corrupted, what would happen? Would we see that someone had been corrupted in the writeup still?

You might've clarified before, but what happens if the mayor vote is a tie?

Edited by Mailliw73
Question 2

The reason why I was quick to attack Mail, Is because I asked Bugsy if Mail was going to continue protecting him since he was outed by my redirect.. He said yes, unless he's been corrupted.. Jokingly of course but it got me thinking about how that wouldn't be impossible and how bad that would be. So naturally when we see Rubiks saved, who was the logical target, and Mail is quick to point out that he protected sheep and must have been redirected naturally I am going to suspect him since it was already on my mind, I know what I did and I hoped I knew what Joe did. @Amanuensis don't get frustrated, it's just a game.. I learned my lesson from losing my tempter at you earlier, it's hard to play a game like this with only words and no body language, and from what I've learned the best players are the best manipulators, so if Stink thinks your posturing take it as a compliment ;) 

2 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

@Gamma Fiend If Fain were to Corrupt someone who was already Corrupted, what would happen? Would we see that someone had been corrupted in the writeup still?

You might've clarified before, but what happens if the mayor vote is a tie?

Fain targeting somebody already corrupted (or themself) would make there not be a corruption, so nothing would be noted in any write-ups. Mayor Votes that are tied result in no Mayor vote that cycle, and the Mayor would stay the same.

Amaiya sighed. Her fellow townsfolk had lost. Whether or not they managed to root out the actual evil folk, they would never recover. Drell's Crossing had succumbed to the evil. 

The Darkfriends and Padan Fain had succeeded in sowing mistrust and ill will among the villagers. No one would listen, everyone accused one another and everyone grew angry and desperate, lasting out and retreating. Oh, what had become of Amaiya's home?

@The Only Joe Mind telling us who else is corrupted?

23 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

Huh. Cause I told you I had no PMs that first night, didn't I? I didn't get any information until much later. Plus, I'm honestly surprised I've lasted this long, why would Hael expect me to?

I was thinking more along the lines of him sacrificing one of his scans on you so his later scans could be perfectly placed.

Anyways, we need more votes on Aonar. Why is no one voting? That's like one of the most irritating things to me. Will you people please vote? Sheesh. It's almost certain that Aonar is Fain, but players are content to just let other people talk things out and not participate. Stink, rubiks, elodin. Other people I cant remember cause I don't have my notes. VOTE!!! Oh, and Mailliw. The numbers are close so we literally need every villager to vote every Day Turn. There's also the Mayor vote, which we should be deciding on as well. I dont have much time each day, so I cant really say who I think is best, except Meta probably is good.

Anyways...I'm off for the rest of this Turn most likely. I may check in at times and will try to reply if you have comments directed at me, if I've got the time.

Hmm. You know, I'm pretty suspicious of Maill.... pretty sure he's Corrupted. ;)

Edit: Hrm. Color tags not working for some reason.... Hopefully Gamma will take bold. :P

Edited by Gamma Fiend
Fixed color for myself, later :P