I do it all the time, you make the weirdest decisions thst way, though that might be the point you're trying to make.

That is indeed my point. I have no desire to kill someone on five hours of catnaps, and regret it later.

I take back my words from earlier. I would now be fine with lynching Polking, to prove Water (though I’m inclined to think he’s telling the truth). Alternatively, we could wait three cycles, and he might die anyway, unless you decide to be more active, Polking, which I would encourage. I’ll probably take my vote off if you make one more post this cycle.

violence is unnecessary.

why not me? then you can kill someone who at least one person has direct suspicions on, and find out if water is good.

Alright, let's confirm some players. I'd rather check water than polking, because if water is guilty, that means polking is too. (After all, what kind of eliminator would try to prove that an innocent is innocent?) If water is innocent, that means polking probably is as well. And water seems to have been acting more suspicious. Edited by Paranoid King

And if polking is innocent, Water is certainly innocent, without any doubt. If he's an eliminator, Water is likely as well (or polking would be more eager to lynch himself, I think). I'd rather have a "certain" or a "very probable" than a "very probable" and a "probable".

And of course Water has been acting more suspicious. He's actually talked.

Alright, let's confirm some players. I'd rather check water than polking, because if water is guilty, that means polking is too. (After all, what kind of eliminator would try to prove that an innocent is innocent?) If water is innocent, that means polking probably is as well. And water seems to have been acting more suspicious.

PK, lynching water isn't a good idea. It's either lynch polking, and then depending on his alignment, we'd know more about water(if polking is a Sori, we know water is good, but if polking is an eliminator, waters alignment will be under heavy scrutinizing), or trust that polking is telling the truth and believe that both water and polking are good. It's the same with you. We're not gonna lynch you, because you can be cleared by the death of one of your claimed Sori's, so by lynching you, we gain nothing if you're innocent(if you're evil, then we automatically lynch Stink and Kynedath).

Edited by TheMightyLopen

What I seem to always do in these games is to not clutter up the discussion, but when I am involved, I use all information to my advantage. In my first SE game, I stayed mostly quiet until Joe put a vote on me, at which point, I made my longest post of the entire game analyzing everything everyone had done. PK, lynching water to prove me would be a terrible idea. Sori only have one use, and that is to know one player at the start of the game. If water has some role, than killing me to prove water would be much more helpful than killing water to prove me.

Edit: didn't notice Lopen's post saying the same to PK

Edited by polkinghornbd

About protection! Since the eliminators can't kill any of the claimed Sori's without clearing another player, the players who would be cleared are really the only players they can target. The only reason I'm saying this is to ask that if anyone has a protection role/Aviar, please do not protect polking, Stink or Kynedath, as their deaths can actually be somewhat beneficial to us in clearing a player.

I think it'll be much easier to figure out who is good if we find out Polking's alignment/role. If Water dies Polking could still be evil. If Polking is evil he knows every evil person and thus every good person. He can just claim Sori and pick a any good person with 100% accuracy. Killing Water does nothing unless Water is evil. Polking being *dead* and good implies Water is good. But Water being *dead* and good does not imply that Polking is good by any means. I'll admit I've had my suspicions of Water so I really do want to see how this turns out however I trust Polkings claim more than I suspect Water so I won't be placing a vote.

ostentatious homies. osten freakin tatious. I'm so glad I only have to use my code word once now.

I'd like to call out Ada for being less active than usual. *This is extremely hypocritical by the way* What are your thoughts? Personally as much as I'd like to prove people innocent with all these Sori I'd rather attempt to kill traitors lurking in the background like Shallan. Although my suspicions of Ripple are increasing with every post.

Also by the way I already pmed someone who used Messenger on me this but due to unforeseen new relations with a certain someone(hush mail) I might not be as active as I have been in other games/cycles but hopefully I'll still be here to give my input/vote/codeword/actions etc.

Edited by Hellscythe

might

Alright, let's confirm some players. I'd rather check water than polking, because if water is guilty, that means polking is too. (After all, what kind of eliminator would try to prove that an innocent is innocent?) If water is innocent, that means polking probably is as well. And water seems to have been acting more suspicious.

It's not necessarily that an eliminator would try and prove an innocent to be innocent, but that they are claiming a guaranteed good role and if Water were to die then he would be a bit more innocent seeming. 

promote

Why is everyone just so fine with lynching polking without really discussing anything else? Nobody seemed especially keen on lynching STINK or Kyn for Sori claims but now everyone easily agreed on polking and nobody thinks something like that is weird. 

thought just

While I think it might be a good thing to confirm some good players but I'm just wondering about other players change of heart and if anyone actually thinks polking is a trader.

I thank all of you for not voting/talking about me while I was at work/sleeping/watching critical role. Voting for Polking can be beneficial but if he is good, then we have killed a villager, just to prove that one other player is good. It might be good to know that Water is in fact good, though giving up a player to find that out is a bad idea.

On the other had, if polking is an eliminator, then it does us some good, killing an eliminator is always good, but it doesn't prove anything about water. The point I'm trying to prove here is that I'm still not sold on killing someone just to find out if another player is good.

By the way, I now believe Mail about that whole, "hold on" post being about his code word, so he is kind of clear in my books. 

Vote tally:

polking(4): Kynedath, Elbereth, PK{2}, Lopen

STINK(2): Water, polking

Maill(1): Ripple

Water(0): STINK, PK{1}

Polking's death will shed light on Water's alignment, but he's almost dead already due to not using his code. Instead of lynching him, we could ask that he sacrifice himself by not using his code(again) this Cycle(that is, unless he had Mind Shield used on him and so only has to use his code once). That would free up the lynch for other suspects, though I'm not really sure who I specifically would target at this moment.

@Hellscythe, I believe Ada mentioned that he wouldn't be very active around this time in blue text because of....RL stuff. Do you have one of those charts of everyone you do sometimes? I'd be interested in seeing that. Also, Shallan will die this Cycle if she doesn't get her code in. Her, polking and Stink have no more chances left.

@Clanky, I think people are more willing to lynch polking because he's been inactive a couple Cycles, whereas Kynedath and Stink have both been participating in some way pretty much every Cycle. I think another reason for it is that Water has been under some suspicion for quite some time now, so for polking to announce his innocence by claiming Sori like that, players would like to confirm Water's alignment one way or another, and since multiple people have stated that killing Water is a bad idea, polking is the obvious choice. I personally have had a little bit of suspicion of Water for awhile now as well, so I suppose I'm fine with lynching polking to check on Water. This is subject to change though, if I find the time to do some thread analysis, and come up with a better lynch target, or if more information becomes available that is a better lead.

My current pose is one of difficult suspicions. I accuse the trustworthy of you of aggressive defense. To fully understand an attack from the game, the light must be ready to spin like a dancer amidst the bullets of offensive conversation. To be worthy of my opinion, the necessary ally must be proven false. I want to save them using an example, but my known and proven enemies are ready to cause an outburst of simply orange juice.

:D  :ph34r:

Edited by Kynedath

Hmmm, well, I think I know what you mean by that, but I'm not sure how it relates to the rest of the second message, 'cause I didn't really understand any of it. I think the sequence got slightly messed up somehow. Would you mind repeating the second message completely? Sorry again.

*Sorry for the technical difficulties. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.*  :P