On the topic of Smokers:

In the previous AG, Meta included a large number of smokers to prevent role manipulation. However, he was disappointed when many of the Smokers simply abstained from smoking. I don't think he would give us the same role distribution again, as that would be boring. However, he has given us a lot of Smokers this time as well. There could be 3 reasons for this.

1. He added a lot of vote manipulation. Possible, but like I said, it would be a repeat of last time, so I don't think it's very likely. In addition, that game had Spiked vote manipulators, but in this game, we appear to have mostly Village manipulators, as evidenced by the day 1 lynch.
  2. He could be trolling us. Smoking could be harmful to the village in this game. Given his comments about Smoking in the previous game, I doubt this, but it is possible. After all, his name means thinking about thinking.
  3. The Spiked have a Seeker. This is what I think is the most likely. Since we have Smokers, the power of a Seeker is greatly neutralized. However, if we fail to use our powers, we give the Spiked the advantage. In addition, this prevents us from buffing our Seeker by not Clouding, as that puts us at a disadvantage.

Because of this 3rd possibility, I recommend that the Smokers do not reveal. While it gives information to the village, it can also give a lot more information to the Spiked. I strongly believe we have some Smokers who are not claiming, and even if there is a Spiked Smoker, there is no downside to not claiming. In fact, it would be smart, as they wouldn't be a target for the lynch until much later.

Compliment accepted. I'm on mobile now and my new laptop has been acting funny(not turning on) but I'll share my thoughts later. I'm going to accuse Haelbarde for the death of Adavantos for now.

... Care to say why?

I apologise for my inactivity. I have come down with a particularly nasty virus, and whilst I am doing my best to follow the thread and take notes, I can only promise full activity once I have recovered. Edited by OrlokTsubodai

I've been busy for the last few days because of the holidays. I thought I'd have more time than I had. I've read the previous cycles, but I haven't had time to do much more than skim the thread and check votes this cycle. I know Kas proposed some plan to do with Smokers, but I haven't looked closely enough to respond to it. It's late, so I really need to sleep right now. I don't anticipate having much time tomorrow either. Maybe enough to read the thread, but not enough to post.

All I will do is respond to Maill's almost-vote on me.

If you have an actual reason to be suspicious of me, tell me. Otherwise, I will take it as a vote on me for not posting enough (even though there have been people similarly quiet or even more so who aren't on your list). If that's the case... well... I'll respond the only way I can.

This is something that has been bugging me for a while.

I can't not have a bad reaction to a vote on me that I perceive (whether it is or not might not have anything to do with what I perceive) as based on a personality trait (me being shy and anxious about posting) rather than anything to do with the game at hand. (Frankly, talk about how lurkers are better off dead elicits a similar reaction from me, and may be part of why I didn't say anything during the last cycle.)

I ended up spending most of the time I had for this game today upset about the situation. Instead of, you know, doing anything that would be useful.

Seeing my name in red isn't going to encourage me to play. There are three possible reactions I will have to a vote on me based on my activity:

1. Ignore it. This is the best case scenario because then I might actually be able to say something useful in the game.

2. Get ticked off enough about it that I can't say anything polite or focus on anything else happening in the game.

3. Feel useless and like everyone would be better off if I wasn't around. Then I will not enjoy the game, and I will probably just avoid it entirely.

If someone wants to engage me in the game because I've been too quiet, they can either give me something specific to respond to (and a vote is not that) or try to talk to me in PMs.

While I'm posting, I might as well put up a vote tally, since it's all I have for this cycle.
Stink (0): Maill1
Wyrm (0): Kas1
Mark (1): Stink
Bort (1): Maill2
Maill (1): Kas2
HS (1): Elbereth
Hael (1): HS

You believe there are 3 Smokers, correct, Kas? If so, there are, in actuality, only 2. Which means I don't trust one of those to be evil. It's possible, and if you're determined to do this, I'll likely start with you.

I understand how Meta balances games. They are balanced, yes. And we only have one Seeker claim. One Seeker(maybe 2 if there's an evil one) and 3/4 Smokers doesn't seem right to me.

I'd love to know how you know the total number of Smokers in this game, Mailliw. Seems unlikely you know literally know everyone's Role at this stage, unless you have friends helping you collect them. I'm not sure about you, a lot of your posts and some of our PMs have felt a little off to me. I'd also still like you to put your suspicions into words - We can hardly give a free pass to people who say 'Yeah, I'm suspicious of these people but I can't explain why just trust me'.

Also, I can see reasons why we might have more Smokers than you think, despite the fact we only have one Seeker claim. There is the fact that we could have inactive/quiet Seekers, and there is also another reason for Smokers - They protect against Rioting/Soothing. Perhaps this is a game with a high number of Emotional Allomancers, not Seekers? I'm not saying that's necessarily true, but there is a reason for high Smoker count if there are a lower number of Seekers.

Edited by Wyrmhero

I'd love to know how you know the total number of Smokers in this game, Mailliw. Seems unlikely you know literally know everyone's Role at this stage, unless you have friends helping you collect them. I'm not sure about you, a lot of your posts and some of our PMs have felt a little off to me. I'd also still like you to put your suspicions into words - We can hardly give a free pass to people who say 'Yeah, I'm suspicious of these people but I can't explain why just trust me'.

Also, I can see reasons why we might have more Smokers than you think, despite the fact we only have one Seeker claim. There is the fact that we could have inactive/quiet Seekers, and there is also another reason for Smokers - They protect against Rioting/Soothing. Perhaps this is a game with a high number of Emotional Allomancers, not Seekers? I'm not saying that's necessarily true, but there is a reason for high Smoker count if there are a lower number of Seekers.

Personally, I think we have a low number of emotional Allomancers. However, this game is getting complicated, and my humble guess may be off.

So Mailliw, you seem to know a lot of people's roles.

Edited by Venture Mistborn

I never claimed to know every Smoker. All I'm going off of is the claimed ones. And I acknowledged that there very well might be evil ones or inactive ones or ones who just don't want to claim.

I also acknowledged the point about vote manipulators after Mashadar(I think?) brought it up.

I actually only know a few roles in this game, most of them being the claimed Tineyes or the Smokers.

I can't tell you where my biggest suspicion is anymore, it keeps jumping around and there's no good reason for it. I haven't been able to do much analyzing of people's posts since it's the break right now and I'm on mobile much of the time. By the middle of the week, I'll be back at school and will have my laptop with me more.

Just remembered this, but Mark wanted me to say the following:

I will stop analyzing Mark so much.

'Course the vote is staying, unless I get to finish my homework and get rid of this stomach ache so that I can analyze someone else.

Lol venture. Being hypocritical in less than 3 sentences today? Try a real reason for voting. Speaking of such. Haelbarde, Adavantos' top suspect was you. I trusted him before but now he's proven by death. I trust village!Ada's judgement in death

Can we get a seer or a proxy seer to confirm a spiked or tell us the group is back up to 3-person shape? I'd rather have it be the one with the Spiked.

Edit (since nobody wants to post) In other news. Phattemer! I heard that you're a Spiked! How is the Spiked Doc? Talking about how to kill me yet? You should be.

Edit: apologies for inactivity this cycle and next cycle. I'm seeing friends I haven't seen since I moved out for college in August until the 7th of January.

Edited by Hellscythe

It's a shame that HS is going inactive, otherwise they'd be able to respond to this.

1. Question about Wyrm claim. No idea about the second message

2. Says that Mash is evil for redundant statement. Something else. Agrees with Wyrm more likely being an eliminator due to his claim.

3. Counters Kas. Says Seonid was random kill

4. 'Spiked have a higher chance of reaching the same conclusion as me due to the doc.' Counters Kas again.

5. Mash and Wyrm are most suspicious. Says that STINK wanting to be tunneled is a sus action.

6. Silly post.

7. Talks about Kas' encryption. Vote Tally. Votes for Wyrm

8. Trusts Lopen because of the PMs. Reasons for trusting are not 'completely unfounded' (which later they apparently were)

9. Clarifies that Lopen isn't that active, but has PMd more than posted. Contributors that don't contribute are sus.

10. Responds to Hero about Wyrm revealing to make discussion. Says there are always loads of pages. Cites Ada from MR10 as example.

11. 'Glad you believe in us, Sart' about Sart's RP.

12. Votes for Jain the 'inactive'. Talks about Kas' near suicide. Says he would rather vote for Mash.

13. Responds to Sart about ninja-ing.

14. Says an extra vote isn't overkill because of Soothers/Rioters. Says again why he suspects Mash.

15. 'I'd rather have a dead Spiked, than some evidence.'

16. Thinks that Jain was the Lynched. 'MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA'.

17. 'Lopen died?' Doesn't catch on about Soothers/Rioters.

18. Says that Rioter is proven and Venture is soft-proven,

19. Votes for Araris because Araris defended Lopen about his inactivity. Says 'Araris knew Lopen was evil'.

20. Forgot it was night so his vote on Araris doesn't count. Thanks Mark.

21. Says Araris is most likely Rioter (either the eliminators read this and thought it was right, or HS is evil)

22. Votes for 'STINK's Smoker' (Ada) Says Coinshots should go for inactives. Suggests that I be killed. 

23. Explains what he considers inactivity to be.

24. He forgot saying he would explain about Lopen, and asks about PMs

25. PMs with Lopen

26. Says that Lurchers aren't that OP because of the lynch. Responds to Ada about Lopen.

27. 'At least the Spiked have to choose between several people, not just Kas or Wyrm'.

28. Jokes about being Smoked himself. Talks about an IKYK situation.

29. Says he is not evil (responding to my Tineye message). Votes for Orlok for inactivity.

30. Retracts vote. 'Any seekers/seeker-proxy's want to tell us anything?'

31. Votes for Bort. 'Villages manipulating Villagers'.

32. Talks about 'counter-proxies and proxys' and why Ada might want to live.

33. Thought I was in the Trusted Trinity because of the name (I'm not)

34. Votes for himself to be Seeked.

35. Changes my post to suit his needs.

36. 'Why is Araris dead?'

37. Claims Rioter, lurcher and Mistborn

38. Says all he does is try to start discussion. Has started 2 trust groups (apparently). Trusts Ada.

39. Post 37 was to confuse the Spiked. Votes on Hael for voting on STINK. Tells 2nd Tineye (aka me) to 'grow some balls'. (Much appreciated)

40. Posts a list of who he thinks is good and bad because he might die. 

41. 'STINK and Wyrm are suspicious' 

42. Jokes about me saying I am not Spiked.

43. Votes for Ripple (who hadn't been talked about by HS before).

44. Retracts vote on Ripple, votes for STINK making him the lynchee. Other votes were Hael, Mash, Maw and Mark.

45. Apologies to Meta about the .5 vote on Ada that he made up. 

46. Happy new year!

47. Votes Hael for Ada's death.

48. Retracts vote on Hael, and votes for Phattemer, being obvious about drawing him out. Says he will be inactive.

So first off, Hellscythe continues to be aggressive towards most people, with the exception being Mark IV.

Many votes have been thrown around, for multiple reasons such as 'the CC' and 'because this post was wrong'. No idea why there was a vote on me. Just votes for me, with someone (Mash) who he said was his highest suspect for being a Spiked. Still continues to not vote for Mash, however. Wonder why?

Seems to be Anti-Tineye in terms of who is suspicious, and wants to keep Wyrm alive because 'PMs'. Purposely ignoring the fact that there are 2?

HS is making it painstakingly obvious that he wants to be trusted, what with the 'I'm making Trust groups!' and 'Seek me!'. Too obvious? He did tell Wyrm off for making his Tineye claim public, after all. 

Mark IV. I will reconsider my thoughts on you if HS dies. On that note,

Hellscythe.

"Edit (since nobody wants to post) In other news. Phattemer! I heard that you're a Spiked! How is the Spiked Doc? Talking about how to kill me yet? You should be."

Well, apparently it worked. I happened to click on the "most recent post" option, and when that showed up, I decided to respond. :ph34r:

If that's for drawing me out, do I need to reply to the allegation?

(By the way, I realized immediately before posting this that my name could be construed as a vote, since it isn't technically in a quote. I have therefore taken the precaution of adjusting the color.)

Also, my notifications will work now.

Vote Tally:
Stink(0): Mail{1}
Wyrm(0): Kas{1}
Mark IV(0): Stink{1}
Mail(2): Kas{2}, Venture/Anamax, Wyrm{1}
Hellscythe(2): Elbereth, Stink{2}
Hael(0): Hellscythe{1}
Phat(1): Hellscythe{2}

Mail(2): Kas{2}, Venture/Anamax, Wyrm{1}

Does that look correct? 

Vote Tally:

Stink(0): Mail{1}

Wyrm(0): Kas{1}

Mark IV(0): Stink{1}

Mail(2): Kas{2}, Venture/Anamax, Wyrm{1}

Hael(0): Hellscythe{1}

Mail(2): Kas{2}, Venture/Anamax, Wyrm{1}

Does that look correct?

Just a question, but what do the numbers in the parenthesis mean? Do they signify that the vote is the first/second/third vote of the person?

Venture

Elb I didn't want to have to do this. I'd much rather vote for someone I highly suspect, but Hellscythe has been creeping up my suspicions list. But, also, I think some people might be pushing his suspicion level and trying to get others to suspect him. So his alignment will be good to know. And, it might make Kas happy.

Edited by Mailliw73

Mail is a village soother. I'm a smoker who chose not to smoke often. Venture

My list remains like this gl town

Village

11. Venture Mistborn - Alexander Venture (Mute Beggar)

12. Mark IV - Unknown (Amnesiac)

14. Hellscythe - Hellscythe (Madman who thinks he's a ghost)

15. Adavantos - Gidomara Grae (Professional Procrastinator)

16. Araris Valerian - Aralis (Skeptical Elderly Grump)

1. Mailliw73 - Maill (The Cobbler)

7. Kasimir - Kassien Estvaril (Apothecary)

Inactives (no read)

8. Bort - Bartholomew the Blind (Knight Awkward)

13. WeiryWriter - Riew (Skaa Courier)

17. Phattemer - Exisa (Small and Paranoid)

19. Creccio - Inor Haze (Mortician/Taxidermist)

20. Shallan - Citona Vinid (Bellringer)

22. Lightsworn Panda - Jain (Panda, of course)

Dunno (could go either way)

5. Herowannabe - Herwynbe (Terris Steward) - leaning good(now bad) (then good) (then bad)

23. Sart - Slart (Quiet Hunter) - leaning bad

25. Elkanah - Kane (Florist)

27. Luckat - Lu (Town Busybody)

21. Alvron - Vron (Alchemist and all around resurrected guy)

4. IrulelikeSTINK - STINK (Glitched AI in the Shape of a Horse) (inactive d2)

10. Ripplegylf - Clara Lepinceau (Former Noblewoman)

Evil (red is worse)

26. Elbereth - El (Illusionist)

2. Haelbarde - Edrab Leah (Author)

6. OrlokTsubodai - Locke Tekiel (Estranged Son of a Noble House)

9. Wyrmhero - The Surprisingly Mediocre Amazing Wyrm (Traveling Magician)

18. Madashar Mistborn - Kilven (Blacksmith)

Edited by Hellscythe