Wyrmhero, what happens if the smoking gun targets person to get lynched? Because the Lynch target dies before the gun goes off, will it kill the holder, or no one? Also, how will voting results appear?

Oh geez, managed to miss this question, and the Cycle's gonna be over in just under two hours. Sorry :\

The Smoking Gun rules state that the Gunner will be killed 'if the player does not use it'. Their action will still be recorded, even if it has no effect, so they will not be killed because of it.

And I'm not sure what you mean by how voting results appear? I will be displaying them in the manner that they're shown in most of the previous games - Players will have their names next to who they attempted to vote for, and the number next to each player represents how many votes actually ended up on them. In other words, the results of peoples' votes being moved around will be shown numerically rather than showing how the votes actually moved.

Oh, Haleberde I forgot that voting gave you a coin. In that case, you should definitely vote for someone, as long as you either suspect them or know that they can't be lynched. My bad.

Edit: Also let's not make this me or Dow, we could both totally be innocent OK? I'm just voting for him because he could be a lawman and I couldn't.

Edited by phattemer

The thing is, Phatt, that by making it between the two of you, we both keep others from interfering in the vote, as well as -- sorry, but it's true -- keeping ourselves out of the running.

That said, you've been a great deal more active, so I'll lay my vote on dowanx.

I don't want to be part of guaranteeing someones lynch when we know nothing

Dowanx 

The Only Joe There aren't any votes on you yet. 

EDIT: Vote colour

Edited by Clanky

The coins you get for participating in the lynch? They're after the lynch. You can't use coins you don't have before the end of the cycle for an action.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Since Clanky has retracted his vote for dowanx, I will vote for Dowanx. (Retracting my vote for emerald). I was going to vote for dow earlier, but that would have made 5 people voting for him, which rounds the coins we each get to zero, since he has up to 4 coins. but now I don't have to feel guilty since we each get a coin, assuming he hasn't spent any.

And Wyrm, I meant for voting and posting. If i were going to be lynched, but had posted and voted, would those two coins be spread among the people who lynched me or not?

Since Clanky has retracted his vote for dowanx, I will vote for Dowanx. (Retracting my vote for emerald). I was going to vote for dow earlier, but that would have made 5 people voting for him, which rounds the coins we each get to zero, since he has up to 4 coins. but now I don't have to feel guilty since we each get a coin, assuming he hasn't spent any.

And Wyrm, I meant for voting and posting. If i were going to be lynched, but had posted and voted, would those two coins be spread among the people who lynched me or not?

Oh, I see what you mean, sorry. You would have those coins on you, yes.

Cycle 2

Leave a thief alone for long enough, and he will become paranoid and jump at shadows. The problem was that in this cave were seventeen thieves, all alone. At the start, all that could be heard was the click, click, click of people checking their guns, loading them, unloading them, cocking them, uncocking them in a repetitive mass display of nervous... One false move and there would be a firefight. Thankfully, the silence was broken first.

"So... What do we do now?" Dowc asked as he adjusted his coat awkwardly. Why was he even wearing this? He didn't even like this sort of stuff, he only wore it because he wanted to fit in. "I mean... Can't we just dig out?"

"Oh, I bet you'd like that," said a doctor in a black face-mask. "Then, just as we're leaving... Bang!" he made a gun with his hand and mimed pulling the trigger. "Right in the back."

"Have to leave," another said, a little gruffly. He was the only person whose hand was not at a gun. Instead he was polishing an axe. "If not now, later."

"What are you suggesting?" Jain asked, wiping a few leaves from his mouth. "We just take our chances that we won't get shot while we leave?"

"Is obvious," the axe-man shrugged. "Kill them."

"Kill them?" John asked. "How are we meant to find them first?"

"If Warn was here, he'd just shoot someone and tell us not to worry," Karlin said, a small smile across his face.

"Thank Ironeyes he's dead," Marl muttered. He whimpered as a knife was immediately pressed to his throat.

"That sounds like lawman talk to me," Karlin whispered, his smile widening to a manic grin.

"Lord Ruler, Karlin, calm down," Ralon sighed as he worked a minor soothing on the mercenary. It was a shame, it was his last brass, but there was no point to just killing people like that for a minor infraction. If that was even an infraction in the first place. "Look... We'll do this all fair like, right? All democratic."

"A good idea," Piffington said as he walked forward and clapped Ralon on the back. He beamed at the rest of the crew. "Democracy's a wonderful thing. I've studied it for quite some time, I'm sure that following its principles will help us now."

"I thought your degree was in chemistry?" Rab asked.
"Chemistry's very democratic," Piffington waved it away. "All those chemicals acting... democratically..."
"We'll vote, right?" Ralon asked. "We'll discuss and vote like gentlemen. Even if we're not."
"I like to think we embody all the best of the gentlemen of The Final Empire," Walin said. "Or if not that, at least all the worst."
"So we vote, right?" Ralon repeated. "We'll have a show of hands."

They went through, one-by-one, eventually ending on Dowc. "So... 3 for Is, and... one, two, three, four... five? for Dowc." Piffington counted. "Sorry Dowc, looks like you're our man."

"What? But I'm not... Seriously guys, this isn't funny." Dowc put a shaking hand to his belt and drew his revolver, pointing it at the crowd. "I'm not going to let you kill me!"

Six bullets shot. One went sailing over the crowd. Three hit Dowc, a neat triangle on his chest, above his heart. Piffington was standing next to Dowc after the vote. The bullet that hit him went through his throat. Is Axe was standing on Dowc's other side. The bullet glanced off his axe and struck his temple. All three went down.

"Ah... We should ask Kas to tidy this up, shouldn't we?" Ralon asked, a flash of uncertainty across his face. He'd never had to do cleanup before, and certainly not of bodies. "Oh, he's dead, isn't he..." He sighed. So many dead people these days. "Well... let's try again tomorrow. We should all lock our doors tonight. What are you doing?" he added, looking down and the black-covered figure by Dowc's body.

"What?" the Suspicious Man asked. "No sense in wasting these coins... Let's divide them democratically, shall we?"

Dowc Holliday (dowanx) was lynched! He was a Scoundrel Lurcher.

Dowc Holliday (6): Dr Nowko Lestibournes, Dr Is Axe?, The Suspicious Man, Nifergo, Doctor McNinja
Dr Is Axe? (3): Arnad Ladrian, Dowc Holliday, John Smith
Doctor Cloud' Wintre (1): Doc Piffington
Doc Piffington (1): Doctor Cloud' Wintre
Karlin (1): Jain

Auctioned (2): Marl, The Doctor

Doc Piffington was killed! He was a Scoundrel Rioter.
Dr Is Axe? was killed! He was a Scoundrel Spinner.

Cycle 2 begins! It will end at 9PM GMT, on Saturday the 18th.

Dramatis Personae

1. Doctor Cloud' Wintre (Winter Cloud) - A Tall Backstabber
  2. Dr. Nowko Lestibournes (Wonko the Sane) - An Indirect Descendant of The Lord Mistborn('s Friend)
  3. Arnad Ladrian (Araris Valerian) - A Short Fellow Outlaw
  4. Ralon (Alvron) - A Rusting Soother
  5. Doc Piffington (Lord Pifferdoo) - A Different Kind of Doctor - Scoundrel Rioter
  6. Dr Rab Heatherlocke (Haelbarde) - A Man With a Lawman's Doctor's Badge (Maybe Not His Own)
  7. Dr Is Axe? (phattemer) - A Doctor With an Axe (Possibly His) - Scoundrel Spinner
  8. Jain (Lightsworn Panda) - A Panda with a PhD (Which is His)
  9. Suspicious Man (The Only Joe) - A Suspicious Man (Who is Definitely Possibly a Doctor)
  10. Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren) - A Blade-loving Mercenary
  11. The Doctor (ostrichofevil) - Yes, He Is That Doctor
  12. Doctor  McNinja (Clanky) - A Suspiciously Scottish Man
  13. Dowc Holliday (dowanx) - An Adherent to a Theme - Scoundrel Lurcher
  14. Nifergo (Feligon) - A Lawman, But May Not Be The One You Are Looking For
  15. Marl (Mailliw73) - A Worthless Outlaw
  16. Mr John Smith (Emerald101) - An Average Man
  17. Doctor Walin (spencer12347) - A Doctor

Edited by Alvron

His RP name was Doc Piffington; In the write-up, you keep referring to him as Pifferdoo. Show some respect for the dead, especially a dead doctor.

If the man who had the smoking gun would like to speak up, I, for one, will be willing to entertain the possibility that this was an honest mistake. The Village thrives on information; only Eliminators would hold it back.

Also, looking at the tags, I can't help but reflect on their original purpose. I have to smile at the thought of someone trying to find all posts related to 'he was behind the fridge'.

A few things:

First, I put my vote up for auction to see where the Lawmen would try to sway it. It didn't happen to me or Ostrich, even though Araris said he was bidding for one. Even if there was a tie in the bids, someone would've gotten it.

Three deaths of those with roles. That isn't good. I don't know if this is Role Madness, but that's a lot to lose on the first day regardless. We need to be careful.

Last, two coins were lurched away from me. It's possible that that was Dow's doing. If anyone else has been Lurched, I'd like to know so that we can estimate how many Lurchers and, therefore, stolen coins the Lawmen have.

A few things:

First, I put my vote up for auction to see where the Lawmen would try to sway it. It didn't happen to me or Ostrich, even though Araris said he was bidding for one. Even if there was a tie in the bids, someone would've gotten it.

Three deaths of those with roles. That isn't good. I don't know if this is Role Madness, but that's a lot to lose on the first day regardless. We need to be careful.

Last, two coins were lurched away from me. It's possible that that was Dow's doing. If anyone else has been Lurched, I'd like to know so that we can estimate how many Lurchers and, therefore, stolen coins the Lawmen have.

Regarding the lurching, I realized that the lynch comes before the Lurching, so Dow couldn't have taken my coins. That means that the Lawmen have at least two extra coins, plus whatever they received from the lynch and Piff. Whoever killed him has six extra coins, plus their four. I assume that by the standard 1/4 rule, we have four Lawmen among us. That would give them 24 coins if they all voted and posted. Plus six from Piff, making it 30. The two lurched from me would bring their total up to 32. And now that I typed this all,I just realized that coins don't really mean anything to the Lawmen. XD :P

Sorry, minor mistake fixed in the votes. Piffington's been restored to his rightful name as well.

So, if I'm reading that right, it looks like Araris bought Ostrich's vote. Will you confirm that, Araris?

Wyrm, if someone is Rioted or Bought to vote for the person who is lynched, do they get a share of the lynchee's coins?