Long Game 78: The Legend of Zelda: The False Heroes

Biplet

18 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Agreed on the no-claiming thing. Quill claiming Postman is probably enough claims so far… I’d rather as many people as possible keep their roles shut. Aside from Link needing to survive, Daruk’s power lies in their anonymity and Urbosa’s does as well.

I thought Durians were clarified to work on both?

So I searched the thread, and I don’t see a confirmation on the Durian. It says “a kill action” in the rules, which makes me lean towards not the lynch, but I could see it go either way. @Biplet, could you clarify if the Durian allows one to survive being lynched?

21 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I thought Durians were clarified to work on both?

I asked in my PM when I saw Gremlin survived the execution and was told Durians don't protect from it so...

2 hours ago, attic_gremlin said:

It's hard to prove a negative, but I'm not elim. I was online during the turn the kill was missed -- if we assume that the final elim is an inactive player, since the kill wasn't submitted when they had a chance to, then the final elim must be someone who wasn't online when they had a chance to submit a kill.

Also, despite me voting in Attic I sort of think what they're saying holds some weight. A few players were focused on the activity of other's during the roll-over and those specific cycles. If we're assuming an elim is inactive, than Attic being online and not taking an action to kill a player wouldn't make sense? 

Also, it could make sense if Yeet were an elim too. I had thought about voting for Yeet yesterday but it felt... wrong to do so, considering they're inactive but still invested in the game? Sort of the same feeling whenever Szeth was killed by the elim's during their time on vacation. If Yeet weren't an elim they likely would've removed them by now? :thonk: Idk I'm just trying to find any pattern I can at this point. 

We've seen a lot of role-based Yiga be removed or killed, and one vanilla Yiga. 

2 hours ago, attic_gremlin said:

Finally, I'm not Daruk -- I survived because I had a Durian. I'd claim my actual role, but I don't think it's a good idea rn, and I don't think you'd believe me if I did...

Honestly, this entire situation is a disaster and I think Attic surviving the removal might be in the village's favor? Link has been knocking the ball out of the park with the cycles, but it's crucial that Link doesn't mistake a village target for an elim. If he does, he losses that kill and we'll be at the breaking point. Link needs to be careful, and we've been taking a lot of potshot votes this game. If we were to end up killing Link through a vote, or if Link took a kill and it was a villager...?

Option 1: Daruk is village, Urbosa is elim. We've all been assuming that Daruk is an elim, however there's Daruk and Urbosa left and I wouldn't put it past the GM to just add this plot twist with Urbosa being an elim? After rereading the roles list, it might make more sense for an elim Urbosa and an elim Revali? I feel like that pair together would be a perfect combination (well, obviously not anymore since Yiga Revali is gone.) 

Option 2: Daruk is an Elim, Urbosa is village. So Attic is claiming that they are not Daruk and that a Durian is what kept them surviving from this removal. However, what if it was a roleblock from Urbosa? I don't know if that's possible, and if it isn't possible for Urbosa to block a removal, than this option is null. However, if it is I just want to get it out there. Better safe than sorry when we're at 9 players, 1 of which is Link. 

• Daruk: With the power of Daruk’s Protection, Daruk can protect himself from anything that could hurt him. Daruk has a passive life that protects him from the first kill or removal done against him.
  • Revali: With the power of Revali’s Gale, Revali can fly up to a better vantage point and observe the actions of others. Once per cycle, Revali can target another player and see who they target. 
  • Urbosa: With the power of Urbosa’s Fury, Urbosa can electrocute and stun another player. Once per cycle, Urbosa can target another player and roleblock them.

Savia could hardly believe what she was seeing. Horatio was doing something to prevent people from killing him, and no one could tell why. Savia knew that there were magical things out there, but she had never really seen much of them. To see something like this in person...that was extraordinary.

Horatio turned to look at all the people gathered in the room. "Just let me explain," he said. "We don't have much time. We need to plan, figure out who amongst us are still Yiga. The Calamity draws near, and-"

He was cut off as one of the soldiers in the crowd drew out the Master Sword. There was a gasp, and all Savia could think was, wait, that doesn't look like Link.

Link began to walk towards Horatio, and Horatio simply smiled at him. Link raised the sword to strike, and all of those gathered went silent as they began to wait for what was to come. Savia closed her eyes-

There was a loud explosion. Savia flew back, knocked off her feet. People screamed. She opened her eyes. Yiga had appeared out of nowhere, and they attacked the soldiers. Some of them had been blown away by the explosion as well. And in the center of the room, a circle of burns surrounded a corpse being held by a boy with burned arms. It was Daruk. Horatio had been Daruk in disguise.

Savia followed the other non-combatants trying to escape from the melee. As she crawled on the ground, trying to avoid arrows flying overhead, her heart pounding, she passed the body of Cimu. There was an arrow in his back, and thankfully she couldn't see his face. This was the closest she'd been to a dead body though. Cimu had been quiet, and she didn't know him very well, but he'd also been one of the castle staff. They'd talked sometimes. And now he was dead. And it could've been her. 

She ran, trying to make it out the door that a soldier was holding open for people to escape. She made it through just in time, as she heard one of the soldiers inside the room yell. "We make our stand now! Protect Link! Kill as many of them as you can! For Hyrule!"

"FOR HYRULE!" Savia ran, avoiding the yelling, the sounds of battle, and the screams of the dying. 

char(69)char(88)char(80)char(76)char(79)char(83)char(73)char(79)char(78)

Jondesu has been killed! They were a Hyrulean!
attic_gremlin has been killed! They were a Hyrulean Daruk!

There will be a removal during this Day turn. There is no vote minimum (though no one is removed if no one votes), and tied votes result in a random tied player getting removed.

This turn will end at 9:30 am CDT on Thursday, July 15th.

PMs will be sent out shortly, if they haven't been already.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Matrim's Dice Hyrulean Mipha
  2. Kasimir Hyrulean Beedle
  3. The Unknown Order - Hyrulean
  4. @Ashbringer - Faleast and AraRaash, who will certainly find a way to keep each other busy while stuck in a strange dimension.
  5. Azmine_king - Hyrulean
  6. Archer Hyrulean Sheikah
  7. Dannex - Hyrulean Sheikah
  8. Szeth_Pancakes Hyrulean
  9. @Steeldancer - Linebeck, swindler, salesman, local hero
  10. Araris Valerian Yiga King Rhoam
  11. kaylakrue - Yiga Revali
  12. |TJ| - Princess Zelda
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Kele, ex-Yiga, a bit confused but has the spirit
  14. _Stick_ - Hyrulean
  15. Illwei Master Kohga
  16. Jondesu Hyrulean
  17. @Alvron - Jamut Whitemane, no idea what's going on
  18. DrakeMarshall Yiga Postman
  19. The Young Pyromancer - Hyrulean Knight
  20. Random Bystander Hyrulean
  21. @WhiffleWaffles - Sagessa, she's pretty cool
  22. attic_gremlin Hyrulean Daruk
  23. @Mist
  24. purplewhiteandgold Yiga
  25. Tani - Hyrulean
  26. @quillinthestars - Conepine, he's... he's just a pinecone cat
Edited by StrikerEZ

So 5 elims have died, were we thinking there's 6?

Anything important I should know?

Ash edit: hmmm

Steel edit: hm

Devo edit: hmmm

Alv edit: hm

Waffles edit: hmm hi I think you're newer?

Mist hiiii :D

quill hm role distribution stuff

Edited by Mist

Alright. Ashbringer at this point anyone withholding information who's not Link is highly suspicious to me. We need to be fully open with each other to do this. By my mental math, at this point, I am pretty much the last roleless person. There might be one other. I have one banana. 
What the heck! the elim killed my PM again! Actually so did Link. Why does everyone I have a PM end up getting murdered by someone? It's very annoying. I didn't even get the chance to talk to Szeth before he got offed. 

Edited by Steeldancer
pm murderers!

All of my information pertains directly to who I believe is Link and who I do not. And I have no reason to share that with anybody.

Depending on a few things, I might be able to narrow down more. But putting all of our information together is a very risky gamble, and I am very content to allow the Elims to continue missing their shots instead of giving them a targeting scope to narrow down who is Link and who is not.

Not gonna lie, that sounds pretty elim to me @Ashbringer. Devotary is right, we’re at the point where if we all roleclaim, it’ll be easy to figure out who’s lying and take the elim out to end the game this turn. It’s not worth sitting around waiting to see if we’ll get a lucky lynching or if the elim will get a lucky kill first. If you don’t want to share with the thread, I know who you have a PM with and I’m sure we’d all be happy if you’d share with that person.

1 hour ago, quillinthestars said:

Devotary is right, we’re at the point where if we all roleclaim, it’ll be easy to figure out who’s lying and take the elim out to end the game this turn.

I wouldn't go that far. If we get verifiable claims from two postmen and Urbosa, we have best case two vanillas, Link, and the elim left. Our chances of getting it right are higher than the base 1/4 chance since we have other evidence than roles, but if we're wrong then the elim can narrow down Link's identity to two people and has a better than 50% chance of winning. I guess Link could also claim, but that would just bring the elim pool down to three people instead of four while guaranteeing a loss if we miss today or if there are two elims left.

11 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Okay everyone, @Mist is replacing YeetAroundABush! Say hello, and go ahead and give her a chance to get caught up on what's going on and what not!

Welcome to the game @Mist! We'll let you settle down, thankfully the day turn doesn't end until July 15th. The player you replaced has been on some of our sus-radar, but I'd rather let you find your place and settle in the game instead of lynching you. Someone killed Szeth when they went on vacation and it just felt wrong. >.< 

11 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Jondesu has been killed! They were a Hyrulean!
attic_gremlin has been killed! They were a Hyrulean Daruk!

I had been hoping to request a PM with Jondesu, but it looks like that won't be happening. 

So what appears to have happened is that Link killed Attic / Hyrulean Daruk, and the Yiga killed Jondesu / Hyrulean. Is that correct or the other way around? If that's correct that means Link cannot kill for another cycle because he killed a Hyrulean, and I had a suspicion that this would happen. 

I'm going to go back and do some quick rereading's but here's what needs to happen. 

We can't tip toe around anymore. Link is defenseless without his action until the next cycle, and at this point even if Urbosa is village we cannot rely on her keeping Link safe. We need to think of worst case scenario and figure out what to do.

9 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Out of seven players, we've got one Link, two Postmen, presumably one Knight, hopefully one Urbosa, and then at least two vanillas. Narrowing down the options by roleclaiming means we have to win today, or else Link is extremely vulnerable tonight.

I agree with this. Link is defenseless now that he killed a Hyrulean until the next cycle, and in the best case Urbosa being village we cannot simply rely on her to protect whoever Link is.

1 Link, 1 Urbosa, 2 Postman, and 2 Vanillas / 1 Knight or 3 vanillas. 

6 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I wouldn't go that far. If we get verifiable claims from two postmen and Urbosa, we have best case two vanillas, Link, and the elim left. Our chances of getting it right are higher than the base 1/4 chance since we have other evidence than roles, but if we're wrong then the elim can narrow down Link's identity to two people and has a better than 50% chance of winning. I guess Link could also claim, but that would just bring the elim pool down to three people instead of four while guaranteeing a loss if we miss today or if there are two elims left.

What do you think is the best course of action? :/ 

6 hours ago, quillinthestars said:

Not gonna lie, that sounds pretty elim to me @Ashbringer. Devotary is right, we’re at the point where if we all roleclaim, it’ll be easy to figure out who’s lying and take the elim out to end the game this turn. It’s not worth sitting around waiting to see if we’ll get a lucky lynching or if the elim will get a lucky kill first. If you don’t want to share with the thread, I know who you have a PM with and I’m sure we’d all be happy if you’d share with that person.

I am no longer operating under the assumption that the last Elim is a Knight. The fact that Link has killed two more of them with none of those kills getting redirected - unless this most recent one was - is making me doubt that. Why Link would attack TJ instead of Drake, I don't know, but I also don't know why the last Elim wouldn't be guarding their allies. Unless there's two Elims left and the wrong one's been guarded 2/3 times. In which case we're in worse shape than we thought.

Roleclaiming would help in that situation, but with one sole Elim I think it can only make things worse. Remember that the Elims had Revali, which means they've been scanning people to see who they target. It seems that they haven't been able to find Link, but they probably have been able to narrow down who Link is, and we've got no idea who've they scanned. Which is why I'm hesitant to say anything that would help narrow things down.

You would know who I have a PM with, yes. Is that information relevant to... anything? At all?

I actually do have one question for you, specifically. Not one now, but for the earlier cycles: 

Did you make the PM between Dannex and TJ? And when?

Edit: @Alvron you around? We need all hands on deck.

Edited by Ashbringer

41 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I am no longer operating under the assumption that the last Elim is a Knight. The fact that Link has killed two more of them with none of those kills getting redirected - unless this most recent one was - is making me doubt that. Why Link would attack TJ instead of Drake, I don't know, but I also don't know why the last Elim wouldn't be guarding their allies. Unless there's two Elims left and the wrong one's been guarded 2/3 times. In which case we're in worse shape than we thought.

Agreed.  It's unlikely the Elims have a Knight at this stage.  Hopefully there is only one more as I really don't want to think about there being two.

So far we've had a good deal of luck that Link hasn't been attacked yet but I don't think we should count on that streak continuing.

Role-wise, my guess of the remaining elim is one of the two remaining Postmen.  Admittedly it could be a roleless but balance-wise having two Postmen would work as it helps the elims know who is talking to whom allowing them to narrow down suspects a little faster instead of just having Revali alone.

Player-wise I would take Mist off the list of suspects as they couldn't have placed kill orders with Leet being absent.  Devotary is unlikely due to their vote on Drake which almost resulting in their death.
Everyone else, all are suspects with my primary being Quill as it was last Day cycle.  Them being a Postman doesn't exclude them being evil.  Ash is probably the least likely of the remaining.

1 hour ago, WhiffleWaffles said:

What do you think is the best course of action? :/ 

If we did have an Urbosa we could count on that gives us an extra chance at having Link not die, but I don't think we know enough to guarantee finding the elim today by claiming.

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I am no longer operating under the assumption that the last Elim is a Knight. The fact that Link has killed two more of them with none of those kills getting redirected - unless this most recent one was - is making me doubt that.

If Knights can self-target, it's possible they decided they were more likely to die than purple and then Kayla. The knight role says they can target a player, as opposed to Mipha who has to target another player. If Knights can't self-target then kayla shouldn't have died unless there's currently two elims left or Yeet/Mist is the elim and thus the knight likelihood drops sharply.

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I actually do have one question for you, specifically. Not one now, but for the earlier cycles: 

Did you make the PM between Dannex and TJ? And when?

I put in the request for a GM to make the PM between Dannex and TJ, at Dannex's request, on June 27. It was the second PM they requested from me, after their first with Matrim.

If no one is interested in making claims, then so be it. Which is unfortunate, because I'm in contact with a knight who is confirmed village and could keep Link safe. I have a way to communicate with everyone remaining in the game, as of this turn, but if anyone would like a personal PM with me if you allow me to live through this turn I'll be happy to oblige.

I haven't lied once this game, I like playing honestly, I find the results tend to be better. So if anyone else wants to ask me any questions in the thread, please, feel free.

6 minutes ago, quillinthestars said:

I put in the request for a GM to make the PM between Dannex and TJ, at Dannex's request, on June 27. It was the second PM they requested from me, after their first with Matrim.

If no one is interested in making claims, then so be it. Which is unfortunate, because I'm in contact with a knight who is confirmed village and could keep Link safe. I have a way to communicate with everyone remaining in the game, as of this turn, but if anyone would like a personal PM with me if you allow me to live through this turn I'll be happy to oblige.

So N2. There's not really such a thing as confirmed village; even if TJ did scan this person N2 and told Dannex, that information would have died with both of them N3 unless they were willing to tell someone who wasn't cleared. And even then, 'Tj/Dannex told me this person was scanned as a villager' is only trustworthy to the person who directly received that message.

39 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So N2. There's not really such a thing as confirmed village; even if TJ did scan this person N2 and told Dannex, that information would have died with both of them N3 unless they were willing to tell someone who wasn't cleared. And even then, 'Tj/Dannex told me this person was scanned as a villager' is only trustworthy to the person who directly received that message.

At this point in the game, I don't see what else we can do? I'm not an experienced player by any means, but we're at 7 players and if Link is killed it's the end of it. Unless we can start to communicate and at least trust someone, that's the end of that. Link had been on a ball streak, but I knew as soon as Attic survived that removal it was the end of that streak. Now Link is defenseless for one cycle as he's not able to submit a kill action.

No one has role-claimed to me in a PM, but I wouldn't say it's far fetched that a Hyrulean Knight still exists. Pyro was removed at the beginning of the game and out of 27 other players, why would there only be one Knight? I don't know how role distribution works, but I'm not going to just toss Quill's message to the disposal bin. Also remember the time one player said they didn't believe Dannex despite them claiming Sheikah and telling us that Wei was Kohga, which turned out to be true, but they still didn't believe them. 

We're all tossed and turned like a bag of salad right now. We were all so convinced that Daruk was an elim, and look what happened. All we have to do is communicate and figure it out. 

52 minutes ago, quillinthestars said:

I haven't lied once this game, I like playing honestly, I find the results tend to be better. So if anyone else wants to ask me any questions in the thread, please, feel free.

Elim or village, at this point what else is there to do but communicate with each other? We've taken potshots and done RNG in this game, and I know a lot of the people who spoke a majority of the time in this thread are gone, but we have to at least give it a shot. I'm willing to do so. I also think I can trust you considering the fact that you put Dannex in a PM with TJ and we were able to get some valuable information from that before Dannex was removed. 

Otherwise it feels like we're running in circles. Could you tell us anything else about requested PM's that you fulfilled? 

28 minutes ago, Biplet said:

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE

@WhiffleWaffles HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Bip, you're so sweet. Thank you so much for the happy birthday!!! ^-^ Ilysm UwU /p 

Also, heads up. Since it's my birthday I'll likely be with my family for the majority of the day and because of this I'm going to hit the hay earlier and grab some Z's before 1 am lol however I will try and check on the thread and stuff before this cycle ends and contribute to the conversation. 

Edited by WhiffleWaffles
added a heads up about tomorrow technically today :dab:

50 minutes ago, quillinthestars said:

Quill

If you have a line of communication with a “Confirmed Village” Knight, they had better have a very good explanation as to why Dannex is dead.