40 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Huh. Actually, come to think of it, I was the one who suggested we kill Ash the first night (sorry @Ookla Fell From The Sky! It was nothing personal! actually it kinda was I was annoyed that you didn't trust me in PMs). I felt no remorse whatsoever XD

I was gonna say...

1 hour ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

Uh I see ash's name but imma give a vote count because I think giving VCs is scummy and yeah

Danex (1): Mat
Connie (2): Illwei, Fura (are they pocketing me here?,,,,
XP (1): Araris
Gears (2): Stink, TJ

I wish I could use people's nicknames for doing this...

Just a note, I like to leave threads open on my laptop, so seeing me on doesn't necessarily mean I'm about to make a huge declaration. If you really need a vote count / question answered / something, just @ me. You guys also write a page in the time I've read three, so... sometimes it takes a while to catch up xD

Current Vote Count:

Ookla the Grammatical / Condensation (3): Ooklil' the Wei / Illwei, Furamirionind, Quinn0928
Gears (2): STINK, TJ Shade
Ookla the Disproportionate / Danex (1): Ookla's Dice / Matrim's Dice
Ookla the Shadowed / Experience (1): Ookla the Araris Valerian / Araris Valerian
Ooklil' the Wei / Illwei (1): Ookla the Grammatical / Condensation

Ok, I'm back. If I hadn't popped in those few times I'd be completely lost :P.

4 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Ugh, that's annoying. Hope it gets better!

just get netherite armor easy peasy 

I mean it was a new world so I only had full iron and had just found a big string of diamonds, lapiz, redstone, emerald, etc... and then fell into lava trying to get obsidian -_-. It's fine though. I dug a lot of tunnels :P.

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

Mmm I don’t think we should vote out Illwei. I mean some things could be suspicious, like how much she’s posting, but I think that’s easily explainable by first round shenanigans 

Disliking this post. Slight elim read mixed with her other not-much-of-anything post, but Lotus is one to do this more than others. We'll see how I think about this later.

2 hours ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

Good for Mat.  :P.

Fun Fact: I know it may seem crazy (wait, or is that just me..) but I in fact am not Mat. I know, I know, I get us mixed up sometimes too.

GASP

2 hours ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

I was about to quote this with something like "I sense sarcasm" but I highlight things to quote them like a heathen.

I believe they said that they'd think I'm a neutral then.

I mean, who knows, me/connie could be v/v if they flip v. I'm not 100% on connie here but who's ever 100% on their reads

I do indeed think Connie/Illwei is v/v. Or at least not v/e, but maybe v/n or v/t or maybe even n/n or n/t and that's a lot of letter/letter 's :P.

2 hours ago, Quinn0928 said:

By the way, in case it hasn't been pointed out already (it may have been, I only skimmed the last page or so 'cause it was all just a back and forth on Illwei vs. Connie):

- Illwei always plays like this, as far as I can tell. I've played two games with her so far, and in both of them she did exactly this, and she was village in both. Also, I thought she was sus in both games, even though (I've said this way too many times before) I was actually an elim in one of them...

- Illwei also died during the first round in MR46, so I'm sort of willing to cut her some slack

- Also because she's doing exactly what she's done in previous games, I'm inclined to read her as village for now. Which makes me read Connie as sus

All true, though I'd say she also did exactly this in LG69 but I don't remember exactly. Still reading Illwei as village. How does village!Illwei = elim!Connie? 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Ha ha ha, and people were saying that I wasn't reacting enough. If you read my previous games, I'm just that kind of person. :) I'm trying to be better about that, but I couldn't remember when the cycle ended for me.

So Mat was the ringleader... interesting.

I am also naturally defensive, and would jump out at 2 votes regardless of alignment (though maybe more so as elim) and I sympathize. 

I mean, yeah, but I also was like the only one there who had played more than 2 games :P.

1 hour ago, Quinn0928 said:

Also if you look back through my posts in MR46, I subtly-or-not-very-subtly village-claimed in many of them (and Gears can likely confirm that I did this a lot in our PM as well). Also I've done that in other posts in this same thread.

Edit: @Ookla the Grammatical You're never going to let the Mat-pocketing-you thing go, are you...

Claiming village is not AI. Nope, not at all.

No she is not.

Conclusions (AKA jumbled mess at the end)(AKA TL;DR):

• I stand by thinking Illwei/Connie is v/v. Reasoning is simply that after reading both of their posts again they both individually read village.
  • My vote on Danex is solely based on my village read of Connie. If Connie flips elim I will not suspect Danex at all, the contrary, actually. (Unless Danex unvotes Connie before she hypothetically flips elim.)
  • Quinn was looking fine at the start of the cycle but recent posts (quoted up there^) have made me more skeptical. I'll be keeping a close watch on Quinn for the next while.
  • Other slight elim reads: Lotus, for reasons above. Exp, for slight reasons from earlier but he hasn't said anything in a while (@Ookla the Shadowed) and I'd like him to. 
  • Village reads: Illwei, Connie, SfS, Books
  • Everyone else is null/null+/null- and I don't have the time to differentiate between those at the moment.
  • Tagging the people who have not posted yet: @Ookla the Larkin, @Ookla who goes DORIYAH!!, @eltruT, @Ookla the Watcher, @The Windrunner Supreme, @Ookla the Sprinkle

EDIT: Apparently Danex unvoted Connie... Now I'll be sus of him either way. Brilliant.

Also @Ookla Fell From The Sky I cannot for the life of me find where Connie voted Illwei. So either that's a mistake on your part or one on mine :ph34r: 

Edited by Ookla's Dice

35 minutes ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

Looks like somebody is missing playing the game :P. 

Oh, doing this is definitely fun... it's just quite chaotic.

13 minutes ago, Ookla's Dice said:

Also @Ookla Fell From The Sky I cannot for the life of me find where Connie voted Illwei. So either that's a mistake on your part or one on mine :ph34r: 

*Panics*

Er... found it. here.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Quote unquote "absolutely no reason", you mean. Now that you're fairly certain that I'm not Truthless(you'll trust me that I'm not Truthless but not that I'm not an elim?), you're perfectly fine voting me out. I'm sorry, this just pushes all of my buttons. You were the first one to vote on me because I said that we need to be careful and yeah, that's obvious, but I still thought it needed to be said because in my other games, we weren't very cautious about voting. The elims won in all three of those. You took it off because (after Quinn pointed it out) you said you thought I might be Truthless and "I just want to make sure that if she has a role then she's not gonna die." Then you put it back on because I'm defending myself, unlike a Truthless would. This seems really suspicious to me. Illwei. Anyone else agree?

Aaaaand I'm quoting three people again. Great xD

22 minutes ago, Ookla's Dice said:

I do indeed think Connie/Illwei is v/v. Or at least not v/e, but maybe v/n or v/t or maybe even n/n or n/t and that's a lot of letter/letter 's :P.

huh.

All true, though I'd say she also did exactly this in LG69 but I don't remember exactly.

hehe..he?

Still reading Illwei as village. How does village!Illwei = elim!Connie?

Yeah, agree with this. fine chance that we're just two villagers having a good time. However I was justifying Connie being village by no one defending her. Yet here you are. Defending her. You also did vote on her too, no? so my logic is flawed. eh.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

If he's not an elim in this game, I'll stop mentioning it so often!

[Connie] You're never going to let the Mat-pocketing-you thing go, are you.

No she is not.

0.o

Anyways in all seriousness the only thing that makes me think Matrim is village rn is this post:

Hold up, Just read through the thread, can't find the post. Okay cool. Mat is no longer a village read. I mean, I don't have much to go on (and my alarms don't usually work right) but this:

Village reads: Illwei

THIS
I don't like. Sets off my alarms.

Here's the problem: I can't for the life of me remember a game in which Matrim read me as Village, and one of us wasn't an Elim. as I am not an Elim, I am inclined to believe he is. I know, I know, bad logic. So he's not at the top of my list. Neither is Connie though. 

Edited by Ooklil' the Wei
Added some much needed ellipses

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Disproportionate said:

@Ookla Fell From The Sky can I get a vote count?

59 minutes ago, Ookla Fell From The Sky said:

Current Vote Count:

Ookla the Grammatical / Condensation (3): Ooklil' the Wei / Illwei, Furamirionind, Quinn0928
Ookla the Shadowed / Experience (1): Ookla the Araris Valerian / Araris Valerian
Ooklil' the Wei / Illwei (1): Ookla the Grammatical / Condensation

*couch*

People haven't voted since then

10 minutes ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

Yeah, agree with this. fine chance that we're just two villagers having a good time. However I was justifying Connie being village by no one defending her. Yet here you are. Defending her. You also did vote on her too, no? so my logic is flawed. eh.

Anyways in all seriousness the only thing that makes me think Matrim is village rn is this post:

Hold up, Just read through the thread, can't find the post. Okay cool. Mat is no longer a village read. I mean, I don't have much to go on (and my alarms don't usually work right) but this:

THIS
I don't like. Sets off my alarms.

Here's the problem: I can't for the life of me remember a game in which Matrim read me as Village, and one of us wasn't an Elim. as I am not an Elim, I am inclined to believe he is. I know, I know, bad logic. So he's not at the top of my list. Neither is Connie though. 

I did vote her originally, but her logic has been enough to change my mind.

Could you maybe... describe the post? :P? Thanks.

I just don't like that logic, but you already said it was bad. TJ used it at one point against me too (incorrectly, I might add) and just cause I'm village reading you as a village doesn't mean I'm an elim, just that maybe I actually figured it out for once. (And actually I like elim reading you as an elim. Easy to mislynch, you are :ph34r:)

EDIT:

OH I just connected the dots from your '0.o' you did xD Yeah I see what you're saying. Those are completely unrelated :P 

Edited by Ookla's Dice

Can I just point out that it makes it a lot easier for... people... if you add your reasoning in everything and make sure it all makes sense. This is not pointed toward or away from anyone, just a general note.

I've reread the thread, and I have to say that I'm losing my slight elim read on Illwei a bit. It's not like she's going to get lynched, but Illwei to clear that up.

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Can I just point out that it makes it a lot easier for... people... if you add your reasoning in everything and make sure it all makes sense. This is not pointed toward or away from anyone

See, you say it's not aimed at anyone, but I feel your stare :P. 

6 minutes ago, Ookla's Dice said:

TJ used it at one point against me too (incorrectly, I might add)

One point does not a pattern make. See, if we keep trying then eventually we'll be right :P. 

6 minutes ago, Ookla's Dice said:

OH I just connected the dots from your '0.o' you did xD Yeah I see what you're saying. Those are completely unrelated :P 

mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmm. 

11 minutes ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

One point does not a pattern make. See, if we keep trying then eventually we'll be right :P. 

Does two points make a pattern? I don't see the big deal about me changing how I read people. If it's correct, then that's me getting better at the game. If it's incorrect you're an elim and this whole discussion is pointless :P.

11 minutes ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmm

is this like a 'yep' mhhhhmmm or like a 'yeah sure I totally believe that *cough*' mhhhmmmmm

Edited by Ookla's Dice

7 minutes ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

option two, it's a yeah sure I totally believe that *couch* kinda mhhhmmmmmmmmm

*Sigh* I had forgotten about the first point when I wrote the second. It's an unfortunate coincidence on my part, but it is not a slip. I'm better than that, if I might say :P.

Edit: Signing out for the night soonish, within 20 minutes.

Edited by Ookla's Dice

In the 5 hours that I was asleep, the thread jumped from page 5 to page 10...

19 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Everyone's kind of tunneling on Gears. While it is true that they could be elim, we don't have any good evidence that they are. I think part of this is because they did this giant post like they usually do, so everyone has things that they find suspicious.

Literally no one is tunneling on Gears. There are more people defending (or sly-defending) him than those who are suspicious of him. Besides, my reason is not that he claimed/didn't claim elim or the long rules analysis post. It's the fact that he thought of a strategy that I find no possible reason to appear in the mind of a villager. More below.

18 hours ago, Gears said:

The votes on me seem to be for 1. Posting role analysis [which is my modus operandi], and 2. Having shoddy analysis [which is fair, but I wasn't declaring a want. I was speculating on how the Shaman could build a trust circle with closed PMs and didn't really convey that well.].

I believe that point no. 2 is about my vote. As I said before, I don't any reason why a villager should coming with that strategy. Also, the accepting your mistake and telling your analysis is shoddy lines up very well with you hoping I'd believe you made a simple mistake when I caught your contradiction in the last game. Quote from MR46 elim doc:

I nearly just completely ruined everything. I hope I saved it, but who knows? TJ, please just think I’m an idiot. Really, I am actually a fool and a pleb, but please don’t think I’m an elim for that slip.

And for that reason I'm happy with my vote.

15 hours ago, Alvron said:

A village read on Devotary D1?  Generally when that happens, Devotary turns out evil.  I'll be watching this.

Sure, I read the one post she made at the time as village. She caught a contradiction to the rules that no one noticed. Paying attention to such stuff is more likely a villager than an elim. 

15 hours ago, Alvron said:

So neutral or evil read on me?  Yeah, that's not going to change. :P  I almost always give off neutral vibes, it's why I'm the Lord of Shadows.

Well, that was mainly because I felt you exaggerated the compliments on Gears' post. 'Very well thought out' and 'contains great points' felt a lit over the top for me, for a post which I felt mostly comprised of fairly obvious stuff. 

That reminds me, I've heard about a certain dossier or psychological profiles you had created about players. How many Honorblades would you require to consider bartering with them? :P

15 hours ago, Ookla the Disproportionate said:

I can get behind a D1 Connie lynch. I agree, it seems like she is acting a bit different from previous games. As someone who’s tunneled on Connie before, (sry about that btw) I don’t think she’s being anywhere near as defensive as she usually is.

So.. why are you voting for her? Defensive!Connie is village while Calm!Connie is elim? 

10 hours ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

Hey hey hey I'd just like to announce to everyone who wants to kill me that remember what happened last game? TJ, tell em. 

Well, in my defence... I was about to sleep and there was like a grand total of 4 votes with 90 mins left in the cycle? :P And then I regretted voting for her. And yes, she had god tier elim-reads in the dead doc. And she shouted the ears off everyone in there as well. :P But hey, just because I said I probably wouldn't vote for you in D1/C1 for a while doesn't mean I'll condemn others for doing so. Others are more than welcome to do so. :P 

8 hours ago, Ookla's Dice said:

Hedgy hedgy. :P 

And I think that's it. Key points being Illwei-Connie Skirmish. I don't read Illwei as village but I'd like to give her a chance (to show her god-tier elim reads :P) as I don't find anything she said D1-lynchable. Illwei, give out a few reads if you can maybe?

Reads:

• Gears - I've already stated my thoughts. Elim read. 
  • Illwei - Read above. Not leaning either way. 
  • Matrim - See, I started suspicious of him, disliking his wording 'tentative vote' and 'I'm voting but that's likely to change'. Like, yeah that's obvious. You change your vote if you find someone else suspicious. Him specifically stating it didn't sit right with me. But his recent reads about Lotus and Danex feels village, since I feel similar as well. Unsure. Leaning very mild village.
  • Danex - Elim read. Did not like his vote on Connie when everyone was on the train, and did not like his retraction when everyone came off. 
  • SfS - I forgot what little they posted other than the claim. The claim itself is different from their last game when they just went quietly about their village business. Unsure.
  • Araris - Mild village from what little he posted earlier.
  • Experience - That first post that drew suspicion was weird. Agreed with others. Elim read.
  • Devotary - Gave explanation for village read earlier. 
  • Books - Posts in general are villager-y.
  • Lotus - Elim. Coming on to say that they don't have anything to say doesn't sit right with me. 
  • Connie - Very much unsure. What exactly is 'careful voting' Connie? Are you implying that we didn't vote carefully in the games we played previously. As in we didn't think carefully before voting? Couple of things others have mentioned that I found iffy was well, including asking others' opinion on Illwei. I'll reserve my judgement until Connie answers my question.
  • STINK - Village read for previously stated reasons.
  • Alvron - Lord of Shadows doing shadowy stuff. I have no clue about your alignment. Agreed with Mat. I like your posts, but they do not give out any village indication. Still feel something off about your praise for Gears' post. 
  • Eternum - Agreed with Fura, I found myself agreeing a lot with their posts. Seems very village in general.
  • Fura - Village read on Fura as well. In ways, Eternum and Fura seem very similar. They are probably my strongest village reads at this point.

EDIT: I somehow missed out Quinn from the player list. I'm reading her moderate village as well.

EDIT 2: @Ookla Fell From The Sky, Mat was right, but wrong. :P Connie did vote for Illwei, but retracted it here:

8 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Can I just point out that it makes it a lot easier for... people... if you add your reasoning in everything and make sure it all makes sense. This is not pointed toward or away from anyone, just a general note.

I've reread the thread, and I have to say that I'm losing my slight elim read on Illwei a bit. It's not like she's going to get lynched, but Illwei to clear that up.

Edited by TJ Shade
Missed Quinn

2 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

EDIT: I somehow missed out Quinn from the player list. I'm reading her moderate village as well.

Guess I'm just that memorable...

9 hours ago, Ookla's Dice said:

Quinn was looking fine at the start of the cycle but recent posts (quoted up there^) have made me more skeptical. I'll be keeping a close watch on Quinn for the next while.

What about my recent posts? My voting for Connie? 

Well, I wake up to 11 pages of multi-paragraph posts. :P

After quickly skimming the thread, here are my thoughts: Illwei and Connie both read vil to me. Illwei’s play style in the three games I’ve played with her is very similar to this game. Gears is slightly sus to me, for the reasons others pointed out. They have posted very little (actually, did they post after that first one?), and this feels like them trying to fly under the radar to me. Although, Gears usually doesn’t post a lot, anyway.

49 minutes ago, Ookla the Sprinkle said:

Well, I wake up to 11 pages of multi-paragraph posts. :P

After quickly skimming the thread, here are my thoughts: Illwei and Connie both read vil to me. Illwei’s play style in the three games I’ve played with her is very similar to this game. Gears is slightly sus to me, for the reasons others pointed out. They have posted very little (actually, did they post after that first one?), and this feels like them trying to fly under the radar to me. Although, Gears usually doesn’t post a lot, anyway.

He hasn't posted much because (as he's said a couple of times) he had a debate tournament Friday night and yesterday.

4 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

EDIT 2: @Ookla Fell From The Sky, Mat was right, but wrong. :P Connie did vote for Illwei, but retracted it here:

*Panics*

... wait, that was after my vote count.... unless there was another one?

Anyway,