Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

5 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

The light expands brighter to an about fifteen foot tall dark orange figure.

"That is not the sun. Go." Yvris lets go of his wrist and pushes him in a different direction, then builds a wall of flame around the demon.

That won't stop it for any meaningful length of time. It might not even give it pause.

"Yes, I know. Now shush and let me focus," Yvris mutters back.

Edited by Tani

Panting, Cara finally found Felicity hiding in the trees and calmed her down.

"Alright, girl, let's get out of here."

Cara hoisted herself onto Felicity and galloped to the tower.

"Uh, guys, are you gonna go after them?"

@Tesh @Trutharchivist

Cara turned Felicity toward the direction that Orpheus and the other girl ran off to and kicked her horse into full speed.

4 minutes ago, Tani said:

"That is not the sun. Go." Yvris lets go of his wrist and pushes him in a different direction, then builds a wall of flame around the demon.

The demon, walking, and suddenly all the orange light disappears for a brief moment. It immediately solidifies back into its form on the other side of the wall of flame.

"Wᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ," it says, to no one in particular.

Gtg back to work, sorry about the cliffhanger.

Edited by Knight of Iron

17 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Panting, Cara finally found Felicity hiding in the trees and calmed her down.

"Alright, girl, let's get out of here."

Cara hoisted herself onto Felicity and galloped to the tower.

"Uh, guys, are you gonna go after them?"

@Tesh @Trutharchivist

Cara turned Felicity toward the direction that Orpheus and the other girl ran off to and kicked her horse into full speed.

15 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

The demon, walking, and suddenly all the orange light disappears for a brief moment. It immediately solidifies back into its form on the other side of the wall of flame.

"Wᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ," it says, to no one in particular.

9 minutes ago, Tani said:

"... Again? We have never met before."

Gal quickly returns his notebook and pen to his bag, shoulders it and runs after the rest. He stops at the sight of the orange glow. After a few moments of thought he calls: "You were the bear, weren't you? I take it you're some kind of non-physical entity?" He tries to think of a way to defend himself in case the entity would attack.

12 hours ago, Tani said:

"Nah, just me."

She replied in Draconic to his question. "Raised by dragons."

'Was I supposed to understand that?" Talnic asked.

Despite his annoyance, when the girl took off running, he followed. He pulled to a stop as an orange figure appeared in their path.

5 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal quickly returns his notebook and pen to his bag, shoulders it and runs after the rest. He stops at the sight of the orange glow. After a few moments of thought he calls: "You were the bear, weren't you? I take it you're some kind of non-physical entity?" He tries to think of a way to defend himself in case the entity would attack.

"Tʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀʀ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴇʀᴇʟʏ ᴀ ᴛᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ," says the demon, "I ᴀᴍ Aʟᴀxɪs."

4 hours ago, Tani said:

"Okay, what's up with all the demons?"

Just now, Tesh said:

'Was I supposed to understand that?" Talnic asked.

Despite his annoyance, when the girl took off running, he followed. He pulled to a stop as an orange figure appeared in their path.

"Bʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Dᴀʀᴋᴇsᴛ ᴏғ Nɪɢʜᴛs, ᴀɴᴅ I sᴡᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I sʜᴀʟʟ ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ."
The winds calm enough to hear his voice clearly—the demon speaks as if the language is unfamiliar to it, and pauses in between each word.

4 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Tʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀʀ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴇʀᴇʟʏ ᴀ ᴛᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ," says the demon, "I ᴀᴍ Aʟᴀxɪs."

"Bʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Dᴀʀᴋᴇsᴛ ᴏғ Nɪɢʜᴛs, ᴀɴᴅ I sᴡᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I sʜᴀʟʟ ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ."
The winds calm enough to hear his voice clearly—the demon speaks as if the language is unfamiliar to it, and pauses in between each word.

Talnic grit his teeth. How was it that he knew so little? He had traveled the world and seen things most people would never even dream of. But in the last few days he had come across more than he had learned in the last several years.

"I don't know who that is."

10 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Talnic grit his teeth. How was it that he knew so little? He had traveled the world and seen things most people would never even dream of. But in the last few days he had come across more than he had learned in the last several years.

"I don't know who that is."

"Tʜᴇ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ɪs Zᴀɴɪᴅᴀʀ. Hᴇ ʀᴇsɪᴅᴇs ᴀᴍᴏɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ. Sᴜʀʀᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ʜɪs ʜᴏsᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ."

Orpheus gasped softly. This demon was asking for... him?

On 5/16/2021 at 0:01 AM, JesterLavorre said:

Ara quickly tried to follow the advice, silencing her movement a bit more.

"We've almost made it," whispered Exodus. "If there was one thing I wish I had spent more time doing, was studying variant species. So much potential there."

18 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Orpheus made a small noise and Talnic glanced over at him for a moment before his eyes flicked back to the... creature.

"I know no one by that name."

Alaxis narrowed his eyes.
"Hᴇ ɪs ᴀ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ. Kɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏғ ᴀɴʏ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴs ᴀᴍᴏɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ?"

2 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"We've almost made it," whispered Exodus. "If there was one thing I wish I had spent more time doing, was studying variant species. So much potential there."

“This shroud will fade soon, Ara”

Ara gasped. “Quick! Mem says the invisibility is fading. Everyone hide!”

2 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Talnic scowled as he realized who the demon was talking about. "I do not," was all he said.

Soaking wet from the torrential downpour, Ni tried to wipe away the freezing rain that dripped from his muddy hood, squinting through the trees towards the very same group of adventurers he had seen only minutes before.

Having been driven onward by simple instinct, Ni had left the clearing before the unexpected thunderstorm had even begun. Pressing forward for a short while, Ni once again had found himself alone in the cold and frozen forest. Quiet and careful, he continued forward through snow and woodland. He had paid no heed to the first drops of rain as they fell; however, the sprinkle quickly became a storm, and Ni soon found himself slipping through dirt and slush with every step he took.

But Ni kept moving onward, propelled by a single command; a single word.

SURVIVE.

It was only when a sudden strike of lightning crashed to the earth a dozen feet away that Ni deviated from his due course. The force of the impact threw Ni to the ground, and his vision went white and his ears rang as he slipped and fell into a pocket of snow and mud.

Disoriented and dazed, Ni slowly rose to his unsteady feet as he wiped the cold mud from off his jacket and the sack over his head. Turning to his right, Ni thought he saw motion through his blurry vision. As he scanned the forest and his eyes began to clear, Ni was surprised when he saw the same group of travelers he had seen earlier at the Wizard’s Tower dashing through the forest, a sense of urgency seeming to push them forward as they rushed through the woods.

Grabbing a nearby tree root to steady himself from slipping again, Ni pulled himself from the pit of mud as he wiped his dirtied sleeve across his hood once more in a futile effort to deter the continual stream of water trickling across his vision. Confused by their sudden appearance and still dazed by the lightning strike, Ni leaned against the side of the tree as he tried to get a better view of the other adventurers. From what he could see through the downpour of rain though, it appeared that the group had stopped.

Something was standing in front of the other adventurers; a giant figure masked in an ethereal orange.

With a sense of clarity flashing through his mind, Ni quickly pulled himself around the he had used as a support, hiding himself as he hesitantly watched the others from a distance. The giant figure looked down at the travelers, and a fire, one strong enough to split through the storm, radiated around the travelers. Aside from these, there seemed to be no immediate sign of danger; but Ni felt a tension in the air, and he knew something was wrong. Not wanting to draw attention to himself though if he suddenly ran, Ni stayed where he was.

Silent in the freezing rain, Ni watched the group of adventurers and the eerie figure looming over them.

Yvris, looking guilty, bolted.

We need a stronger connection. Can you do something about that? she asked the dreamwalker. In reply she felt their connection deepening, followed by a sense of agreement with a hint of exasperation. Her eyesight sharpened and she became faster and more surefooted as she ran. She knew that the dreamwalker would watch the demon and help her in her flight. This had better work, she they thought.

10 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

8 hours ago, Tesh said:

Talnic scowled as he realized who the demon was talking about. "I do not," was all he said.

1 hour ago, Tani said:

Yvris, looking guilty, bolted.

We need a stronger connection. Can you do something about that? she asked the dreamwalker. In reply she felt their connection deepening, followed by a sense of agreement with a hint of exasperation. Her eyesight sharpened and she became faster and more surefooted as she ran. She knew that the dreamwalker would watch the demon and help her in her flight. This had better work, she they thought.

Gal decided to leave the talking to Talnic. Lies were against his nature, but he knew that those sometimes were necessary. He felt that something just occured in the Ideal Realm - something with huge implications. And... It was somehow connected to the new girl.

"Glanck it." He mumbled. His knowledge of demons didn't suffice for now to help against this one, and he couldn't contact his Idei until sunrise the next day.

All right. Two things: a. We just leave Valzwyn and Veila in the tower. I'm not sure what we can do about that. b. Tani, I consider having my Idei contact your Dreamwalker to make things quicker. 

10 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

“This shroud will fade soon, Ara”

Ara gasped. “Quick! Mem says the invisibility is fading. Everyone hide!”

8 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Hide? Hide where?" Minuet said, gesturing to the area around them. "They'll obviously hear you climbing a tree."

As the invisibility faded, Exodus walked calmly. There wasn't anywhere to hide.

"We're close enough, we may just have to run," he whispered, then bolted.

1 minute ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal decided to leave the talking to Talnic. Lies were against his nature, but he knew that those sometimes were necessary. He felt that something just occured in the Ideal Realm - something with huge implications. And... It was somehow connected to the new girl.

"Glanck it." He mumbled. His knowledge of demons didn't suffice for now to help against this one, and he couldn't contact his Idei until sunrise the next day.

8 hours ago, Tesh said:

"Aɴᴅ ᴛʜɪs," Alaxis said, smiling, "ᴛʜɪs ɪs ʜᴏᴡ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴇ."

They vanish again and reform directly in the middle of the travelers, at a more human height this time, and solidifies. They shove Talnic forward with incredible strength and then reaches their arm into the air, drawing their essence into a flaming sword forming from nothing. The storm continues to rage about them.