Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

He's not following us. Yvris cursed under her breath, slowing slightly. He's attacking them with fire!

Yvris spun, grinning. She sprinted back towards the group, going faster than when she'd left, forming armor out of flame around her as she ran.

9 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

As the invisibility faded, Exodus walked calmly. There wasn't anywhere to hide.

"We're close enough, we may just have to run," he whispered, then bolted.

Ara followed as quickly as she could. She wasn’t as athletic as Exodus and Minuet seemed to be, but she tried her best to keep up. Shouts behind them heralded the elves noticing their escape.

9 hours ago, Tani said:

He's not following us. Yvris cursed under her breath, slowing slightly. He's attacking them with fire!

Yvris spun, grinning. She sprinted back towards the group, going faster than when she'd left, forming armor out of flame around her as she ran.

Orpheus panicked and dropped to the ground in fright. He stumbled for his shiny knife, strapped to the side of his leg, and felt useless—not even knowing how to use it properly.
"S-s-someone! There are people in the tower still!"

The demon sees Yvris heading back to them and grins. It stretches its sword toward her, and the fiery weapon launches out of their hand toward her in a flaming blur of light. Immediately, essence from their body rearranges to create a new sword, and then a shield on the other hand, the body of the demon becoming a bit smaller in response. They turn back to Talnic and Owlson and stomps, sending a blast of energy through the ground, attempting to knock them off their feet.

@Tesh @Trutharchivist

52 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

Ara followed as quickly as she could. She wasn’t as athletic as Exodus and Minuet seemed to be, but she tried her best to keep up. Shouts behind them heralded the elves noticing their escape.

Exodus cursed. "I hate these... these orcs." He glances at the sword sheathed at his side, yet he doesn't even consider unsheathing it. That sword was too dangerous, too valuable to waste on such infernal beings. Instead, he secures his rings on his fingers, preparing himself to use their enchantments. Using his own magic was always a last resort.
"Minuet, do you have a weapon?"

@Condensation

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

The demon sees Yvris heading back to them and grins. It stretches its sword toward her, and the fiery weapon launches out of their hand toward her in a flaming blur of light. Immediately, essence from their body rearranges to create a new sword, and then a shield on the other hand, the body of the demon becoming a bit smaller in response. They turn back to Talnic and Owlson and stomps, sending a blast of energy through the ground, attempting to knock them off their feet.

Wait so the demon's made of flame?

How do you get the fancy fonts?

Yvris absorbs the flame into her armor with barely a thought.

Edit: Yvris dodges, tapping the sword on its way past, taking its flame to reinforce her armor.

Edited by Tani

3 minutes ago, Tani said:

No, not made out of flame. The sword is on fire, and right now what I'm going with is the demon is made of a kind of very tough kinda metallic organic matter. So Yvris can absorb the flame but there's still a very solid sword.

And, Knight of Iron's Secretest Secrets:

Spoiler

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by Knight of Iron

1 hour ago, Tani said:

Edit: Yvris dodges, tapping the sword on its way past, taking its flame to reinforce her armor.

The sword hits the ground and shatters, and the pieces fly overhead at impossible speeds back to Alaxis, recombining into his essence.

"I sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴜsᴇ ғʟᴀᴍᴇ," he said, grinning. He charges at the girl, then vanishes, shortly thereafter appearing behind her as an approximately 9-foot-tall titan, a new sword poised to strike.

Well, I guess I've made demons in the Physical Realm shapeshifters, mwahaha.

14 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Aɴᴅ ᴛʜɪs," Alaxis said, smiling, "ᴛʜɪs ɪs ʜᴏᴡ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴇ."

They vanish again and reform directly in the middle of the travelers, at a more human height this time, and solidifies. They shove Talnic forward with incredible strength and then reaches their arm into the air, drawing their essence into a flaming sword forming from nothing. The storm continues to rage about them.

Talnic whipped his sword from its scabbard and charged the demon. He didn't know what his sword would be able to do against something like that, but he would rather attack on his own terms then wait for the demon to have the advantage of deciding when to start the fight. 

14 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Talnic whipped his sword from its scabbard and charged the demon. He didn't know what his sword would be able to do against something like that, but he would rather attack on his own terms then wait for the demon to have the advantage of deciding when to start the fight. 

Alaxis's arm rearranges into a fairly sturdy shield and blocks Talnic's strike, then pushes forward suddenly and forcefully, getting close into Talnic's face. The shield then rearranges into a flurry of knives which dart in straight lines towards Talnic.

"Gɪᴠᴇ ʜɪᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ."

15 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

As the invisibility faded, Exodus walked calmly. There wasn't anywhere to hide.

"We're close enough, we may just have to run," he whispered, then bolted.

Minuet began running through the forest. She held back, though, to hide her ability. Or at least, that's what she told herself.

4 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Exodus cursed. "I hate these... these orcs." He glances at the sword sheathed at his side, yet he doesn't even consider unsheathing it. That sword was too dangerous, too valuable to waste on such infernal beings. Instead, he secures his rings on his fingers, preparing himself to use their enchantments. Using his own magic was always a last resort.
"Minuet, do you have a weapon?"

"Yes, but none readily accessible. I'll stick with my hands. I'll be fine."

4 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Alaxis's arm rearranges into a fairly sturdy shield and blocks Talnic's strike, then pushes forward suddenly and forcefully, getting close into Talnic's face. The shield then rearranges into a flurry of knives which dart in straight lines towards Talnic.

"Gɪᴠᴇ ʜɪᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ."

4 hours ago, Tesh said:

Gal retreats, and immediately starts Planting Talnic with speed of mind. Hopefully it will help. In the meanwhile, he tries to recall everything he knows about demons.

ancient non-physical entities. Realm: unknown. Possibly like to meddle with the PR. Usually use contracts to gain their goals. They might have foresight, which indicates the SpR. Connection to the PR is achieved through the Contracts. They're as complicated as humans - not single-minded. And... Their Realm is "parallel", which probably means... Well, it'll be logical to assume SpR, but I do wish to...

He concentrated and tried to search for something connected to the demon - Alaxis, he said he was called? - in the Ideal Realm. Strangely, he felt something connected to the fire girl, but he chose to ignore it.

Logic has it that he won't sense anything in the demon, since he is of the SpR. Worth a try, though!

Talnic would feel some presence in his mind. If he won't allow it in the Planting won't work, but Gal might try to inform him that it's him. If he'll accept, his thought process will be quicker. Not sure how much usefully it'll be...

5 hours ago, Condensation said:

Ara fumbled in her satchel, searching for anything she could use. Her hands fell on cold metal. Pulling the plate out, she paled as she saw it’s face, quickly shoving back in. After a few more seconds searching, Ara brandished forth a new etching. The Duster should have been part of a sculptor’s toolkit, but Ara had snagged it on her way out. Meanwhile, as she fiddled to turn in on, Ara began feeding Memory some of her fear, hoping they could do something with it. At least she had plenty of fear to go around.

7 hours ago, Condensation said:

Minuet began running through the forest. She held back, though, to hide her ability. Or at least, that's what she told herself.

1 hour ago, JesterLavorre said:

Ara fumbled in her satchel, searching for anything she could use. Her hands fell on cold metal. Pulling the plate out, she paled as she saw it’s face, quickly shoving back in. After a few more seconds searching, Ara brandished forth a new etching. The Duster should have been part of a sculptor’s toolkit, but Ara had snagged it on her way out. Meanwhile, as she fiddled to turn in on, Ara began feeding Memory some of her fear, hoping they could do something with it. At least she had plenty of fear to go around.

Exodus glanced at Minuet, hesitant to let her without a weapon, but nodded instead. He knew how much damage one could do with just some magic.

A dozen or so silvery elves approached them from the side, armed with maces, chains, and axes. Continuing to run was no longer a viable option.

2 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal retreats, and immediately starts Planting Talnic with speed of mind. Hopefully it will help. In the meanwhile, he tries to recall everything he knows about demons.

ancient non-physical entities. Realm: unknown. Possibly like to meddle with the PR. Usually use contracts to gain their goals. They might have foresight, which indicates the SpR. Connection to the PR is achieved through the Contracts. They're as complicated as humans - not single-minded. And... Their Realm is "parallel", which probably means... Well, it'll be logical to assume SpR, but I do wish to...

He concentrated and tried to search for something connected to the demon - Alaxis, he said he was called? - in the Ideal Realm. Strangely, he felt something connected to the fire girl, but he chose to ignore it.

The demon will still be sense-able in the Ideal Realm, actually, since demons are made up of spirits which are duo-realmatic beings (Spiritual and Ideal), and they would have quite more of a presence in the Ideal than a normal person. But nothing, like, super particularly.

"Owlboy, we need to get away..." Orpheus whispers, clutching his knife as if it would do anything to protect him or Owlson.

34 minutes ago, Tani said:

"Who's connected to this demon?"

The demon stared. "Uʜ... ʜᴇ's ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ? Yᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ᴡᴇʀᴇ, ʟɪᴋᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ɪɴ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪᴍ."

Exodus glanced at Minuet, hesitant to let her without a weapon, but nodded instead. He knew how much damage one could do with just some magic.

A dozen or so silvery elves approached them from the side, armed with maces, chains, and axes. Continuing to run was no longer a viable option.

Ara nervously held the Duster in front of her. Considering it was shaped like a paintbrush, it probably wasn’t very threading, but it was the best she had right now.

”Memory, can you do anything?”

”I will try to block anything that comes to hurt you.”

”Or comes to hurt my friends.”

”If you wish.”

"Owlboy, we need to get away..." Orpheus whispers, clutching his knife as if it would do anything to protect him or Owlson.

The demon stared. "Uʜ... ʜᴇ's ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ? Yᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ᴡᴇʀᴇ, ʟɪᴋᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ɪɴ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪᴍ."

24 minutes ago, Tani said:

"No, I mean you. Does anyone here know who's connected to Oragne here?"

Gal thinks for a moment. "There are circumstantial evidence that it's connected to a man we met before, named Xeus. We- I mean, I was warned of him by a cousin of mine."

He turns to Orpheus, and after a moment of thought he says: "yes, we should. Let's return to the tower."

He stops the brief Planting he tried to do for Talnic and walks quickly back to the tower. Running won't do - the demon would probably notice them if they'd run.

4 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

Ara nervously held the Duster in front of her. Considering it was shaped like a paintbrush, it probably wasn’t very threading, but it was the best she had right now.

”Memory, can you do anything?”

”I will try to block anything that comes to hurt you.”

”Or comes to hurt my friends.”

”If you wish.”

Exodus's thoughts were interrupted by the grunting of the dozen dark elves surrounding him. He pointed his hands at them and shouted at them in Elvish to stand down. They ignored him, and charged, swinging their maces, chanting quietly among themselves the Elvish word for food...

He pointed his right hand at the elves to his right and, at his command, a streak of ice shot out of his enchanted ring into their faces.

"It's time to shine," he said calmly, smiling, then he thrust forth his other hand, shooting out a wave of red fire in the other direction.

4 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal thinks for a moment. "There are circumstantial evidence that it's connected to a man we met before, named Xeus. We- I mean, I was warned of him by a cousin of mine."

He turns to Orpheus, and after a moment of thought he says: "yes, we should. Let's return to the tower."

He stops the brief Planting he tried to do for Talnic and walks quickly back to the tower. Running won't do - the demon would probably notice them if they'd run.

4 hours ago, Tani said:

"Where's Xeus?"

"He left," said Orpheus, as he walked back with Owlson, "with two others of our company. Quite a bit ago, actually."

"Eɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴀʟᴋ!" The demon turns towards Orpheus, who is right behind Owlson. "Yᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ. Sᴜʀʀᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅɪᴇ."

Just now, Tani said:

"Which direction did he go?"

"I—uh, I don't know! He's going to the dragonlands, like we're supposed to—" Orpheus was interrupted as a giant shield flew above their heads and landed in between their party and the tower. He immediately attempted to move around it, but it slid across the ground to block him, following his movements.

He glanced back. The demon was considerably smaller, still a little taller than the average human, but that didn't make him any less dangerous.

"I sᴀɪᴅ, sᴜʀʀᴇɴᴅᴇʀ."

Orpheus whimpered in fear, and the demon laughed at them.

This includes Gal, I might as well tag you.

@Trutharchivist

8 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"I—uh, I don't know! He's going to the dragonlands, like we're supposed to—" Orpheus was interrupted as a giant shield flew above their heads and landed in between their party and the tower. He immediately attempted to move around it, but it slid across the ground to block him, following his movements.

He glanced back. The demon was considerably smaller, still a little taller than the average human, but that didn't make him any less dangerous.

"I sᴀɪᴅ, sᴜʀʀᴇɴᴅᴇʀ."

Orpheus whimpered in fear, and the demon laughed at them.

@Trutharchivist

Gal cowered back and tried to think. This demon apparently has a representation in the IR, but it didn't help much; he couldn't Harvest a resisting entity just like that. His possibilities seemed very limited. He pulled out his notebook, while desperately trying to Harvest the demon.

"Can't your demon do something?" He whispered to Orpheus. "Did his appearance in the PR strain him too much?"

3 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal cowered back and tried to think. This demon apparently has a representation in the IR, but it didn't help much; he couldn't Harvest a resisting entity just like that. His possibilities seemed very limited. He pulled out his notebook, while desperately trying to Harvest the demon.

"Can't your demon do something?" He whispered to Orpheus. "Did his appearance in the PR strain him too much?"

"Zanidar!" Orpheus hissed angrily. "A little help?"

Dᴏ NOT ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ ᴍᴇ, Dᴀʀᴋᴇsᴛ ᴏғ Nɪɢʜᴛs! Tʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ Aʟᴀxɪs ᴄᴀɴ ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴄʜ ᴇxᴛᴇɴᴛ ɪs ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Exᴏᴅᴜs ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟ ʜɪᴍ!

Orpheus closes his eyes and tries to channel his demon, to control his powers. He felt a small surge of strength and stamina, and his eyes turned a soft violet, but otherwise nothing of import occurred.

I ɴᴇᴇᴅ... sʟᴇᴇᴘ...

Alaxis notices the change in Orpheus's eye color and laughs. "Tʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ, ᴏʟᴅ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ."

4 minutes ago, Tani said:

"Which dragonlands? Which direction?"

"Down the road eastward some, after that, I have no clue!"