Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

Rylan dashed towards where he thought the noise was coming from, but quickly became confused by the echo of sound in the tower, trying to find his way down to the ground floor, to no avail. 
“Does anyone know how to get back out of here?” Rylan called, hoping someone would hear him.

9 hours ago, Onimur said:

Rylan dashed towards where he thought the noise was coming from, but quickly became confused by the echo of sound in the tower, trying to find his way down to the ground floor, to no avail. 
“Does anyone know how to get back out of here?” Rylan called, hoping someone would hear him.

Valzwyn popped out of a secret passageway. "Oh hiya! You need out? I can getcha out."

Exodus snarled as two of the orcs swung steel axes directly at him. He slid backwards easily, dodging them both.

"Glorious death," Exodus whispered, shooting shards of ice from his right hand into their hearts. One of the orcs managed to grab onto his other arm. He grabbed the orc with his left hand and shot a blast of burning fire into its face. It screamed in agony, but Exodus refused to let go of it. The facial features of the orc became distorted and marred, its skin seared black, and in the last moment Exodus let go, and it fell to the ground.

He yanked his sheathed sword off his side, and channeled his innate realmatic energy to increase his speed and dexterity a little bit. It wasn't as good as having Alaxis back, but it would have to do. He darted in between another two orcs, which howled in rage. He whacked one with his sword and then grabbed the other with his arm and shoved the sword in its face. An incredibly valuable possession, sure, but not one they could take from him easily.

The orc's eyes widened with fear as the sheathed sword came into contact with its skin. Exodus had tuned it out, had gotten used to it—but to the orc, the tens of thousands of screams of tortured souls would be terrifying. After Exodus had his moment of fun, he twirled out a knife and stabbed its neck.

The orcs Exodus had dealt with earlier were already rising from the ground, spewing forth Elvish curses. He sighed. Orcs were tough to kill.

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

Exodus snarled as two of the orcs swung steel axes directly at him. He slid backwards easily, dodging them both.

"Glorious death," Exodus whispered, shooting shards of ice from his right hand into their hearts. One of the orcs managed to grab onto his other arm. He grabbed the orc with his left hand and shot a blast of burning fire into its face. It screamed in agony, but Exodus refused to let go of it. The facial features of the orc became distorted and marred, its skin seared black, and in the last moment Exodus let go, and it fell to the ground.

He yanked his sheathed sword off his side, and channeled his innate realmatic energy to increase his speed and dexterity a little bit. It wasn't as good as having Alaxis back, but it would have to do. He darted in between another two orcs, which howled in rage. He whacked one with his sword and then grabbed the other with his arm and shoved the sword in its face. An incredibly valuable possession, sure, but not one they could take from him easily.

The orc's eyes widened with fear as the sheathed sword came into contact with its skin. Exodus had tuned it out, had gotten used to it—but to the orc, the tens of thousands of screams of tortured souls would be terrifying. After Exodus had his moment of fun, he twirled out a knife and stabbed its neck.

The orcs Exodus had dealt with earlier were already rising from the ground, spewing forth Elvish curses. He sighed. Orcs were tough to kill.

Ara had to stop herself from wretching at the blood. Can’t we talk to them? But Exodus had said they were too savage to reason with. Ara just had to grit her teeth and be okay with this. She couldn’t have another breakdown like last time. That would make her useless, and who would stay with someone who useless? It would be selfish to let her own emotions through.

So, Ara pulled out the same light etching she had used before. She still wasn’t sure if she wanted to kill any of these creatures. She called out “When throw this thing, there’s gonna be a lot of light! I would, uh, close your eyes when I tell you.”

Then, without warning, a sword swung at her head. Ara yelped, instinctively holding the Duster out. As the sword passed through the air near the long instrument, the blade seemed to be cleaved in two with a hissing sound. Metal shavings fell to the ground, and the sheared half of the sword clanked to the mulch. Luckily, the leaves and grass were damp enough that the metal, not glowing a molten red, didn’t ignite it.

Ara stumbled back, and the orc tried to pursue. But as it did, it found it couldn’t move its feet. They were stuck to the ground. Looking around for the source, it shouted out as its own shadow extended into the third dimension, growing and glowing to become Memory, who nodded to Ara, then looked to Exodus and Minuet. “This one is immobilized.”

TA, Ara’s notes have a lot of different things in them. Do you know exactly what Gal is looking for? Realmatic connections? Similarities to the Idei? There probably isn’t much that will be helpful in combat, unfortunately.

@Trutharchivist

9 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

TA, Ara’s notes have a lot of different things in them. Do you know exactly what Gal is looking for? Realmatic connections? Similarities to the Idei? There probably isn’t much that will be helpful in combat, unfortunately.

It appears that the battle is over, so right now he won't do anything. He'll look for things theoretically anyone could do, or things he's supposed to be able to do with his Harvest, which is of the Center Thought/Consideration/Knowledge. I'm not sure what Notion that would be.

On 26.5.2021 at 7:29 AM, Onimur said:

18 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Valzwyn popped out of a secret passageway. "Oh hiya! You need out? I can getcha out."

Oswald was on his way to the guest, but he saw that Mistress Valzwyn found him first, so he returned to his duties - to tidy up the tower. He summoned the other ghosts to clean the corridor with the rubble, but there was only so much he could do about the hole in the wall.

Sef got out of the tower and got to Gal, who was busy collecting his notebooks.

"Young G.," He said, "can you explain what happened here? What were this rock and that orange creature about?"

Gal looked up. "We," he said, waving his hand toward Orpheus, too, "were attacked by it. It appears to be a kind of entity that calls itself a demon, by the name of Alaxis. It has some representation in the Ideal Realm - in addition to, of course, the physical one - but it seems that's not where its power comes from. About the rock..." Here, Gal seemed embarrassed. "Well... It appears that I've underestimated the amount of Physical Ire coalescing around here. I'm still very tired, but it was surprisingly easy. And by the way, I need to leave with you a message to R. I'll write it right after I talk to Orpheus here. Last I heard of R he was in Dayth, so you should send it there, if you can."

Gal put the notebooks back in his bag and dragged himself to Orpheus. "Are you all right?" He asked.

@Knight of Iron

Sorry for tagging you, didn't want to quote your last post, which was irrelevant, and the last relevant post you wrote is in another page.

19 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

Ara had to stop herself from wretching at the blood. Can’t we talk to them? But Exodus had said they were too savage to reason with. Ara just had to grit her teeth and be okay with this. She couldn’t have another breakdown like last time. That would make her useless, and who would stay with someone who useless? It would be selfish to let her own emotions through.

So, Ara pulled out the same light etching she had used before. She still wasn’t sure if she wanted to kill any of these creatures. She called out “When throw this thing, there’s gonna be a lot of light! I would, uh, close your eyes when I tell you.”

Then, without warning, a sword swung at her head. Ara yelped, instinctively holding the Duster out. As the sword passed through the air near the long instrument, the blade seemed to be cleaved in two with a hissing sound. Metal shavings fell to the ground, and the sheared half of the sword clanked to the mulch. Luckily, the leaves and grass were damp enough that the metal, not glowing a molten red, didn’t ignite it.

Ara stumbled back, and the orc tried to pursue. But as it did, it found it couldn’t move its feet. They were stuck to the ground. Looking around for the source, it shouted out as its own shadow extended into the third dimension, growing and glowing to become Memory, who nodded to Ara, then looked to Exodus and Minuet. “This one is immobilized.”

@Trutharchivist

Exodus nodded, impressed. "Well done," he commended. Then he waved his sheathed sword toward all the other orcs. "BACK OFF!" he bellowed.

But, understandably, it was too late for that. Filled with vengeance and hate, the disgusting beings gripped their primitive steel weapons. They were hesitant, however, if only for seeing their fallen brethren.

"Any help, Minuet?"

@Condensation

9 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Sef got out of the tower and got to Gal, who was busy collecting his notebooks.

"Young G.," He said, "can you explain what happened here? What were this rock and that orange creature about?"

Gal looked up. "We," he said, waving his hand toward Orpheus, too, "were attacked by it. It appears to be a kind of entity that calls itself a demon, by the name of Alaxis. It has some representation in the Ideal Realm - in addition to, of course, the physical one - but it seems that's not where its power comes from. About the rock..." Here, Gal seemed embarrassed. "Well... It appears that I've underestimated the amount of Physical Ire coalescing around here. I'm still very tired, but it was surprisingly easy. And by the way, I need to leave with you a message to R. I'll write it right after I talk to Orpheus here. Last I heard of R he was in Dayth, so you should send it there, if you can."

Gal put the notebooks back in his bag and dragged himself to Orpheus. "Are you all right?" He asked.

@Knight of Iron

Orpheus collapsed to the ground, his arms cut open and bleeding from attacking the demon. He spat out blood.

"Yeah, think so. I'm... healing. Slowly." 

57 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Orpheus collapsed to the ground, his arms cut open and bleeding from attacking the demon. He spat out blood.

"Yeah, think so. I'm... healing. Slowly." 

"By slowly, do you mean at the regular speed of physical entities' healing, or quicker but still slow? Anyway, when you feel better, I'd like to discuss with you about some things."

Sef looked at them. "Would you like me to call the ghost servants to lift you into the tower? They can get out from the tower to a circle of twenty feet diameter."

Gal looked up. "No, I can walk. Orpheus, what about you?"

53 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"By slowly, do you mean at the regular speed of physical entities' healing, or quicker but still slow? Anyway, when you feel better, I'd like to discuss with you about some things."

Sef looked at them. "Would you like me to call the ghost servants to lift you into the tower? They can get out from the tower to a circle of twenty feet diameter."

Gal looked up. "No, I can walk. Orpheus, what about you?"

"Wouldn't you like to know, Owlboy," Orpheus replied. :P

Orpheus took a look at his shirt, stained with his own blood, and then keeled over and vomited into the nearby foliage.

"I... I'm f-fine."

On 5/26/2021 at 7:01 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Woah, hello! That would be nice, thank you!” Rylan said as he followed Valzwyn.

I’m pretty sure Rylan and Valzwyn met earlier.

Lead the way!

14 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Peering out in through the trees, Cara noticed that the demon had left. 

"Ni, it looks like the demon is gone. We should head back to the others now."

Cara was saying something nearby, but Ni couldn’t quite make out what was being said. Letting out a quiet sigh, he simply nodded at the distant words. The tension in his body slowly faded like fog to the early morning sun, and he felt his muscles relax and ease their hold despite the freezing rain. Ni couldn’t feel his body shivering anymore, but his vision shook back and forth as the clearing in front of him pulsed between clarity and smudges like an oil painting.

Ni knew this feeling. It was only a matter of time now.

Gritting his teeth behind the covering over his head, Ni continued to give shallow nods as he followed Cara out from behind the tree.

On 27.5.2021 at 11:38 PM, Knight of Iron said:

Orpheus took a look at his shirt, stained with his own blood, and then keeled over and vomited into the nearby foliage.

"I... I'm f-fine."

Sef looked at him, concerned. "Let me have a look at you. I have basic medical training, and you don't seem to be very well."

@Tesh

Now, I know Talnic isn't around the tower right now, but is he doing anything?

Okay, I still haven't had any time to write it. So here's my 5-minute half-hearted attempt while I've got a bit of time.

Minuet leapt into action, attacking orcs left and right until she'd driven them away from her for a moment. There were so many of them, it was daunting to face them, even with her Grace. Breathing heavily, she turned to the others. "Run?"

On 6/1/2021 at 9:23 PM, S4S said:

Cara was saying something nearby, but Ni couldn’t quite make out what was being said. Letting out a quiet sigh, he simply nodded at the distant words. The tension in his body slowly faded like fog to the early morning sun, and he felt his muscles relax and ease their hold despite the freezing rain. Ni couldn’t feel his body shivering anymore, but his vision shook back and forth as the clearing in front of him pulsed between clarity and smudges like an oil painting.

Ni knew this feeling. It was only a matter of time now.

Gritting his teeth behind the covering over his head, Ni continued to give shallow nods as he followed Cara out from behind the tree.

Noticing that something was wrong, Cara asked. "Are you okay?"

1 hour ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Noticing that something was wrong, Cara asked. "Are you okay?"

Shuffling slowly in Cara’s footsteps, Ni’s boots scraped across the snow as he dragged his feet forward. Feeling a weight in every footstep, the boy’s body swayed from side to side as he sought to keep a rhythm of motion that propelled him onward. His breathing matched his stride, a methodical inhale and exhale breaking between every step.

Like words lost beneath a strong wind, Ni thought he could hear Cara speaking. The ringing in his ears had gotten slightly louder now, but he felt the words were directed towards him. Not confident in what was being said though, Ni simply continued to nod, hoping that would acknowledge whatever Cara was saying to him well enough.

Squinting his eyes, Ni tried to focus on the large tower in the clearing that was ahead of them. He couldn’t see the sky, but Ni wondered if the sun had finally broken through the storm. The world around him had slowly bloomed with a bright whiteness, and the freezing air had lost its sting.

Straining his body forward, Ni continued one step after another with his eyes fixated on the Wizard’s Tower. The tower was safety; Ni just needed to get there.

On 5/29/2021 at 9:23 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Just follow me." Valzwyn lead him into a secret passageway.

Rylan barely hesitated before he followed Valzwyn through the tunnels in the tower.

On 6/2/2021 at 8:22 PM, Condensation said:

Minuet leapt into action, attacking orcs left and right until she'd driven them away from her for a moment. There were so many of them, it was daunting to face them, even with her Grace. Breathing heavily, she turned to the others. "Run?"

Exodus glanced down the road and chuckled. They had allowed themselves to be surrounded.

"I have something that I could do, but I need to be sure that I've exhausted all my options first..."

@JesterLavorre@Condensation

On 6/3/2021 at 10:08 PM, S4S said:

Shuffling slowly in Cara’s footsteps, Ni’s boots scraped across the snow as he dragged his feet forward. Feeling a weight in every footstep, the boy’s body swayed from side to side as he sought to keep a rhythm of motion that propelled him onward. His breathing matched his stride, a methodical inhale and exhale breaking between every step.

Like words lost beneath a strong wind, Ni thought he could hear Cara speaking. The ringing in his ears had gotten slightly louder now, but he felt the words were directed towards him. Not confident in what was being said though, Ni simply continued to nod, hoping that would acknowledge whatever Cara was saying to him well enough.

Squinting his eyes, Ni tried to focus on the large tower in the clearing that was ahead of them. He couldn’t see the sky, but Ni wondered if the sun had finally broken through the storm. The world around him had slowly bloomed with a bright whiteness, and the freezing air had lost its sting.

Straining his body forward, Ni continued one step after another with his eyes fixated on the Wizard’s Tower. The tower was safety; Ni just needed to get there.

"Here, we should get on Felicity. We'll go faster that way" 

Cara stopped and bent down to help hoist Ni onto Felicity.

On 6/2/2021 at 6:08 AM, Trutharchivist said:

Sef looked at him, concerned. "Let me have a look at you. I have basic medical training, and you don't seem to be very well."

@Tesh

Orpheus nodded and took a good look at himself. His arms were covered in long cuts and scrapes, and he felt dizzy, as if he were about to pass out.

2 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Exodus glanced down the road and chuckled. They had allowed themselves to be surrounded.

"I have something that I could do, but I need to be sure that I've exhausted all my options first..."

@JesterLavorre@Condensation

"I can fight more, but I don't know if I can take out this many at once. If you've got it, use it."