1 Million Posts Celebration!!

Experience

A Sanderfan friend of mine told me to check out the Coppermind, so I did, and it mentioned the Shard on it, so I came here and joined and holy crem I'm glad I did.

Since I joined, I've made so many friends, met 2 versions of me from other dimensions,@Channelknight Fadran and @Condensation, gotten into RP, there is so so so so so much that I am grateful for from this site, and there is no way that I can even come close to naming them all. Anything about the Shard, you can bet that I love it!!!

Hshsgfzhsjiaggb I don't know what else to say!! Just, thanks all!! You're all so freaking awesome and I'm so glad that I found this site and met you all!!!!!!

Well, I actually joined the shard after my older brother told me to stop bother him with theories and ideas about cosmere books - he loves the book, he convinced me to read them, he just dislikes me talking too much about them - and write my ideas here. I lurked here before I joined, and enjoyed the hemalurgic beaver thread much more than I should've. I can't say the shard has a giant impact on my life - I never even got to write here all the things I bothered my brother with. I guess I enjoy the openness of the shard, and (please don't be offended, it's mainly about me) the shard has a part in my realization that I can say completely stupid things on the internet and no one will say that you're an idiot (sorry, it wasn't just you. YouTube had part in it too).

Edited by The Worldookler

1. Honestly, i only joined the Shard so i could get a copy of Aether of Night.
I lurked for a few weeks and wasnt that impressed and then saw the Aether request topic and had to sign up. And im glad i did :)

2.getting to meet and interact with all of these wonderful peoples who have the same interests as me

3. I love all of the Cosmere puns and jokes and stuffyou guys come up with. Its pure gold.  And they  really lift my spirits when i need it :lol:

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

A Sanderfan friend of mine told me to check out the Coppermind, so I did, and it mentioned the Shard on it, so I came here and joined and holy crem I'm glad I did.

Since I joined, I've made so many friends, met 2 versions of me from other dimensions,@Channelknight Fadran and @Condensation, gotten into RP, there is so so so so so much that I am grateful for from this site, and there is no way that I can even come close to naming them all. Anything about the Shard, you can bet that I love it!!!

Hshsgfzhsjiaggb I don't know what else to say!! Just, thanks all!! You're all so freaking awesome and I'm so glad that I found this site and met you all!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to add the whole "my closest shardbuddy is probably Queen" thing to my post. I should probably go add that...

Well, I joined the shard for pretty much the same reason as everyone else. I love Brandon Sanderson, but Its also a place where I can obsess over the Cosmere and not get weird looks Because none of us can see each other Because we are all obsessed. Reading/debating theories is so much more fun when everyone knows what you're talking about! 

I joined at the beginning of Quarantine, so the shard pretty much got me through all of that. Its been so cool to talk to people who share my obsession, and actually know things without me having to explain it for 3 hours and then scare them off with the incoherent noises that I may or may not make when talking about SA. 

My favorite part of the shard is the theorizing! I pretty much said it already, but theorizing about the cosmere with people who already know about the cosmere is amazing. And I love piecing things together, Like a giant puzzle, even though the theory, whatever it is, has a 1% chance of actually happening, Its fun to run with things. Like pretty much everyone else that's holding back on prerelease chapters, I cant wait for RoW to come out so I can participate in those things again!

And to the Staff of The Shard. I don't know if any for you will read this, but thank you. Thank you for keeping this such an amazing place to be, and so welcoming. I know there's a lot you all do behind the scenes, so thank you for everything!! You are all such amazing people, and I hope you can still enjoy being a Sanderson fan. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

I joined two weeks into quarantine, after having read the first Reckoners and tWoK (hence my username). I quickly read almost all the other books to avoid spoilers. I discovered Alleyverse from someone's signature, and now I'm in four RPs (of course tLT is an RP). 17th shard has influenced my life by wasting hours of my life on the forum games and random stuff expanding my mind. My best memory on the shard was when I discovered what the cookies were.

3 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

*finger guns*

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to add the whole "my closest shardbuddy is probably Queen" thing to my post. I should probably go add that...

I will probably still disappear, just so you know. Unless you change your picture back.

Just now, DramaQueen said:

I will probably still disappear, just so you know. Unless you change your picture back.

And the blackmail ensues :P I'll also change mine back in a few minutes...

Man what a time for this to happen. I'm in math class...

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

I'll change it back eventually. For now, Truthless and I have no shortage of shenanigans to perform.

Ok, then. Bye!!

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

And the blackmail ensues :P I'll also change mine back in a few minutes...

Man what a time for this to happen. I'm in math class...

Ok, then. Bye!!

1. I joined the Shard because of a class I had in high school. The class was really boring (Business Law), and held in a computer lab. I had already read all of Mistborn and Way of Kings, so I spent some time looking things up. Ended up on the coppermind and then here. I lurked until the Steelhunt/Shardhunt happened, which I'm pretty sure required having an account on the Shard.

2. I don't know that I can think of a concrete impact the Shard had on me. Probably the main thing is that I've learned a fair amount about interacting with people, because playing Sanderson Elimination has led to some touchy situations that I think I know my way around far better than I did prior to joining the Shard. I also was introduced to roleplaying here, which led to getting involved in some D&D groups with RL friends

3. My favorite memories are probably the aforementioned Shardhunt, the Bad Metaphor Contest, and the Anniversary Games from the SE subforum. I've enjoyed like coming up with a creative Ookla name each year. And playing SE in general has been really awesome for the number of years I've been involved. 

24 minutes ago, Gears said:

I found the Shard by looking up a question I had on the internet. Then I lurked for many moons before finally creating an account. I discovered that I am a terrible truth-teller, logical reasoner, and liar. I enjoyed Selecting the Leader of the Hegemony of the World, though @Channelknight Fadran, know that your leadership is a mere puppet for my control. Also, @Experience, how do you know all those people? That is impressive, especially since I don't remember interacting with you. When did we meet?

I don't know all these people, though I do know/have interacted with a large chunk of them I just wanted a lot of people to post their memories on here. I play SE, and I believe you do to. Not sure if we have specifically met though.

1) Why, the theories, of course!

2) I am on the Shard  more than I am on social media...

3) meeting @PrinceGenocide on the Shard! Sometimes it's nice to just feel down with company without them feeling compelled to haul you up, isn't it?

P.S why is it always that I meet people with similar tastes to myself online or while I'm travelling? Would it kill the world to make some of my mates interested in reading?!

Edited by Honorless