Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

4 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Just watch; you'll be gone for three days and nothing will happen, then when you sleep in ONE morning, there'll be 10+ pages for you.

I'm still frustrated at that.

It goes on and off.
especially when I don't catch up on reading.

11 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"With all due respect your majesty, I don't think I'm ever going to submit to you."

Then you will be broken. I did not spend all this time and effort on you for the purpose of having another mostly mindless beast, but I must take the victories I can get.

9 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr returned a general feeling of agreement.  The winds shot them forward, propelling them at a great speed.  The stockpile of nectar would last them at least until Vespyr's Spire, and there was more nectar there to be consumed in this shooting flight back to the homeland.  Vespyr did not at all seem to mind being called a pawn.  In its experience, pawns could often be ignored by the greater enemy, underestimated.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Why can't you just take Trace back and leave me alone?"

The quickest way to do that would to have Siren drop you in the ocean. Your souls are bound until one of you dies. If that option is still preferable, then I'm sure we can have an agreement. You were chosen, from the millions of humans on this gods-forsaken world. Take it as the honor it is and don't throw it away for human attachment

Just now, Negative_Null said:

The quickest way to do that would to have Siren drop you in the ocean. Your souls are bound until one of you dies. If that option is still preferable, then I'm sure we can have an agreement. You were chosen, from the millions of humans on this gods-forsaken world. Take it as the honor it is and don't throw it away for human attachment

"But I am human!" Janice protested. "I used to think that I was soulless, and... and a monster. But I'm not! And I'm not giving up my friends for some 'honor!' I'm a street urchin. I don't care about accolades!"

Where Janice learned about the word "accolades," I have no idea.

29 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel snapped his head to glare at Maddy when she place her hand in front of him, only to realize who he was looking at. As he looked at Maddy, shame swept across his face as he lowered his head slightly; he took in a deep breath. The colonel looked up at Cruz after a few seconds, his face more composed, "we'll need you to turn over all of your weapons."

Cruz hesitates, but decides it best not to fight back.

He sets out his pistols and knives on the ground in front of him and took a slow step away from them.

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz hesitates, but decides it best not to fight back.

He sets out his pistols and knives on the ground in front of him and took a slow step away from them.

The colonel nodded as his tone of voice become more calm, "now I don't have a way to cuff you, so you'll be under constant guard. Approach me slowly, Maddy will collect your weapons when you get here."

Just now, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel nodded as his tone of voice become more calm, "now I don't have a way to cuff you, so you'll be under constant guard. Approach me slowly, Maddy will collect your weapons when you get here."

Cruz slowly approaches the colonel. "I have a right to a lawyer, correct?"

I believe ProfetessaOscura expressed interest in wanting to play Cruz's lawyer :D

6 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Vespyr did not take offense, again.  It knew intrinsically that the barbs were intended to invoke some outrage.  That was the point.  Show some flaw, some discrepancy, some deviation from the Queen's expectations, and when it did, it would be crushed back into the appropriate form and shape.  It wasn't a fool.  It wasn't mindless.  But it knew that it had no action to defend itself, and no thought could ever protect it.  Service was the only path to survival.  "I shall dispose of the girl on your command," Vespyr said aloud, signaling to Janice that there would be no hesitance regarding obedience.  

14 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Then you will be broken. I did not spend all this time and effort on you for the purpose of having another mostly mindless beast, but I must take the victories I can get.

2 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz slowly approaches the colonel. "I have a right to a lawyer, correct?"

In general, since I'm not going to be on here 24/7 to answer legal questions :P , assume that Raodea has some of the same basic rights as the US, but doesn't operate the exact same way. The legal system changes based on the islands, but if Cruz is going to the "Federal Court", he'll be judged by a panel of nobles who represent their islands. He does get a lawyer, and there is a "commoner" jury to balance the nobles, as well. 

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"But I am human!" Janice protested. "I used to think that I was soulless, and... and a monster. But I'm not! And I'm not giving up my friends for some 'honor!' I'm a street urchin. I don't care about accolades!"

The tone of her voice changes. Where before she was regal and imposing, now the Queen sounds biting and angry. Obviously this is a sore point for her. 

Friends. Humans and their words. All that means is that they must pretend, they must act as if they care. I have no such illusions. I care for you, Janice, but only as a master craftsman cares for her tools. Your friends have no vision, they only see the world as it is, not as it could be. I don't seek for peace or for power, only for simplicity. The world condensed down to predator and prey, strong over the weak. Become the strong or become the prey, Janice.

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

The tone of her voice changes. Where before she was regal and imposing, now the Queen sounds biting and angry. Obviously this is a sore point for her. 

Friends. Humans and their words. All that means is that they must pretend, they must act as if they care. I have no such illusions. I care for you, Janice, but only as a master craftsman cares for her tools. Your friends have no vision, they only see the world as it is, not as it could be. I don't seek for peace or for power, only for simplicity. The world condensed down to predator and prey, strong over the weak. Become the strong or become the prey, Janice.

Janice shivered.

"The prey it is, then," Janice said. "I'm going to go back to my friends now."

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice shivered.

"The prey it is, then," Janice said. "I'm going to go back to my friends now."

Vespyr moved immediately.  In the breath of a moment, Vespyr was at Trace's side, and with strong, firm arms bound the girl's arms behind her with one of its tassels, forceful and precise.  Janice had chosen poorly.  It wasn't Vespyr's fault that Trace had failed astronomically and that humans were mostly composed of those too foolish to fear.  Effectively, Janice now had a kiddie-leash.

Edited by ProfetessaOscura

12 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"At its mercy. I'm telling you, that monster is dangerous, and you'll have to go through it to get to Trace."

The colonel sniffed, "I've faced many who claim to bend the seas, winds, and earth to their will. If this masked one were to kill me, then it would have a lot of dead folk impressed. Now tell me, why were you left behind?"

9 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel sniffed, "I've faced many who claim to bend the seas, winds, and earth to their will. If this masked one were to kill me, then it would have a lot of dead folk impressed. Now tell me, why were you left behind?"

"The creature is taking Trace somewhere, to their Queen. I don't know much more than that."