Vapor

You're now Sebarial's favorite student.

EDIT: Selia is

"The Windrunners use the Surges of Adhesion and Gravitation. The combination of these two Surges resulted in the three Lashings. Someone wearing Shardplate is immune to Lashings, but any objects that they are touching can be affected. Using a combination of Adhesion and Gravitation, a Windrunner could theoretically exit orbit. The Skybreakers are able use the Surges of Gravitation and Division. The full extent of their powers are so far unknown. They are able to use a Basic Lashing like the Order of Windrunners, since they share the Gravitation Surge. While there are slight differences in how the Surges behave between Orders, Gravitation largely looks the same between the two. They also have the Surge of Division, which allows them to destroy or degrade things around them. Skybreakers do not have access to the Surge of Division until after the Third Ideal. Restricting access to Surges based on oaths is rare among the Orders and few do it. The only other Order currently known to do so are the Dustbringers, who share the Surge of Division. The Edgedancers use the Surges of Abrasion and Progression. The Surge of Protection allows them to make plants or other organic objects grow much faster than normal. They can also heal, and although the extent of this ability is unknown, it seems that the wielder is even able to heal others from wounds suffered from Shardblades. The Surge of Abrasion grants them the ability to manipulate friction. They can apply this in different ways. In close range combat, this ability can make them hard to be stopped or grabbed. When used to decrease wind friction and friction on feet, they can travel long distances at considerable speeds, though keeping balance without friction requires a lot of practicing. They have been described, poetically, as being able 'to ride the thinnest rope at speed, dance across rooftops, and move through a battlefield like a ribbon on the wind.' The Elsecallers use the Surges of Transformation and Transportation. The Stonewards use the Surges of Cohesion and Tension. Their exact Powers are so far unknown. This ability is based on the surge of cohesion. This ability lets them reshape things other than stone, but not flesh. The Truthwatchers use the Surges of Progression and Illumination. Progression was used by Ym to heal a small boy's foot of an infection. Lift, an Edgedancer, also used it to cause seeds to grow suddenly into plants. Illumination is used by Shallan Davar, member of the Order of Lightweavers, to craft illusions by weaving light, sound and various waveforms. She uses this to change her own appearance for disguses or other purposes, create illusions of walls and rocks to hide behind and in, and to create illusions of herself to confuse or distract. Truthwatchers may be able to perform similar feats, however there may be differences in how they use the Surge. The Lightweavers use the Surges of Illumination and Transformation. The Lightweavers also have the ability to enter Shadesmar, yet they do not possess the surge of transportation. Exactly how this works has not yet been revealed. It was also noted by the author of the book "Words of Radiance" that the members of this order had strange and varied mnemonic abilities which is a kind of Resonance. The Willshapers use the Surges of Transportation and Cohesion. Transportation allows Willshapers to transport themselves into or out of Shadesmar in the flesh. Cohesion allows them to alter the shape of solid objects. It is not yet known how these powers are used in practice. Dustbringers can use the Surges of Division and Abrasion. Division gives Dustbringers the ability to cause objects to burn, degrade, or turn to dust. They appear to have a great amount of control over this ability. Division also works on living flesh. Abrasion gives Dustbringers the ability to alter the frictional force between two surfaces. One Dustbringer uses this ability to decrease friction between herself and the water of the Purelake, allowing her to move through it unimpeded. The Edgedancers often use this Surge to decrease friction between their bodies and other surfaces, allowing them to move around with ease, and to make objects slippery to anyone other than themselves; Dustbringers can likely use Abrasion in a similar manner. It is unclear whether Dustbringers can use Abrasion to increase the friction between two objects. The Bondsmiths have access to Tension, the Surge of Soft Axial Interconnection, and Adhesion, the Surge of Pressure and Vacuum. While they are capable of performing the same mundane abilities they share with their adjacent orders, the powers of the Bondsmiths are generally used in very different ways. Their powers even tend to work differently for one Bondsmith than another. Their ability to manipulate Connection gives them great influence over the nature of oaths, bonds, and power. Their access to raw levels of Investiture is the greatest among the orders of Radiants."

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I... don't. You asked me if I had spoken the first ideal. You don't need a spren for that, right?"

"Oh, yes. You don't need a spren for the first ideal."

I had to be careful because it kept saying stuff that only the readers of the book would know, like who Gawx is.

Edited by Vapor

1 minute ago, Vapor said:

"The Windrunners use the Surges of Adhesion and Gravitation. The combination of these two Surges resulted in the three Lashings. Someone wearing Shardplate is immune to Lashings, but any objects that they are touching can be affected. Using a combination of Adhesion and Gravitation, a Windrunner could theoretically exit orbit. The Skybreakers are able use the Surges of Gravitation and Division. The full extent of their powers are so far unknown. They are able to use a Basic Lashing like the Order of Windrunners, since they share the Gravitation Surge. While there are slight differences in how the Surges behave between Orders, Gravitation largely looks the same between the two. They also have the Surge of Division, which allows them to destroy or degrade things around them. Skybreakers do not have access to the Surge of Division until after the Third Ideal. Restricting access to Surges based on oaths is rare among the Orders and few do it. The only other Order currently known to do so are the Dustbringers, who share the Surge of Division. The Edgedancers use the Surges of Abrasion and Progression. The Surge of Protection allows them to make plants or other organic objects grow much faster than normal. They can also heal, and although the extent of this ability is unknown, it seems that the wielder is even able to heal others from wounds suffered from Shardblades. The Surge of Abrasion grants them the ability to manipulate friction. They can apply this in different ways. In close range combat, this ability can make them hard to be stopped or grabbed. When used to decrease wind friction and friction on feet, they can travel long distances at considerable speeds, though keeping balance without friction requires a lot of practicing. They have been described, poetically, as being able 'to ride the thinnest rope at speed, dance across rooftops, and move through a battlefield like a ribbon on the wind.' The Elsecallers use the Surges of Transformation and Transportation. The Stonewards use the Surges of Cohesion and Tension. Their exact Powers are so far unknown. This ability is based on the surge of cohesion. This ability lets them reshape things other than stone, but not flesh. The Truthwatchers use the Surges of Progression and Illumination. Progression was used by Ym to heal a small boy's foot of an infection. Lift, an Edgedancer, also used it to cause seeds to grow suddenly into plants. Illumination is used by Shallan Davar, member of the Order of Lightweavers, to craft illusions by weaving light, sound and various waveforms. She uses this to change her own appearance for disguses or other purposes, create illusions of walls and rocks to hide behind and in, and to create illusions of herself to confuse or distract. Truthwatchers may be able to perform similar feats, however there may be differences in how they use the Surge. The Lightweavers use the Surges of Illumination and Transformation. The Lightweavers also have the ability to enter Shadesmar, yet they do not possess the surge of transportation. Exactly how this works has not yet been revealed. It was also noted by the author of the book "Words of Radiance" that the members of this order had strange and varied mnemonic abilities which is a kind of Resonance. The Willshapers use the Surges of Transportation and Cohesion. Transportation allows Willshapers to transport themselves into or out of Shadesmar in the flesh. Cohesion allows them to alter the shape of solid objects. It is not yet known how these powers are used in practice. Dustbringers can use the Surges of Division and Abrasion. Division gives Dustbringers the ability to cause objects to burn, degrade, or turn to dust. They appear to have a great amount of control over this ability. Division also works on living flesh. Abrasion gives Dustbringers the ability to alter the frictional force between two surfaces. One Dustbringer uses this ability to decrease friction between herself and the water of the Purelake, allowing her to move through it unimpeded. The Edgedancers often use this Surge to decrease friction between their bodies and other surfaces, allowing them to move around with ease, and to make objects slippery to anyone other than themselves; Dustbringers can likely use Abrasion in a similar manner. It is unclear whether Dustbringers can use Abrasion to increase the friction between two objects. The Bondsmiths have access to Tension, the Surge of Soft Axial Interconnection, and Adhesion, the Surge of Pressure and Vacuum. While they are capable of performing the same mundane abilities they share with their adjacent orders, the powers of the Bondsmiths are generally used in very different ways. Their powers even tend to work differently for one Bondsmith than another. Their ability to manipulate Connection gives them great influence over the nature of oaths, bonds, and power. Their access to raw levels of Investiture is the greatest among the orders of Radiants."

Was all this ^ ^ ^ scudding necessary?

1 minute ago, Vapor said:

"Oh, yes."

Umm... no. Squires don't need spren.

Funny story. So, I've already read all of the Coppermind articles and everything on the Knights Radiant, but I've been reading those paragraphs because I thought Vapor had added stuff somewhere. So Vapor just told Mist that they're completely useless and we don't need to read them, and I was so mad! I called her a slontze and some other Sanderson curses, like scudding and storming.

Woo! I love reading useless paragraphs!

that is indeed quite a word block, but orientations tend to be I guess.

1 hour ago, Vapor said:

"What was that, Crescendo?"

"Good. That removes a lot of my work. I know this is everyone's least favorite part, but we've got to go over all the boring technical stuff. 

The Ideals of the Knights Radiant, also known as the Immortal Words, are a set of rules by which the Radiants live. The First Ideal is shared by all of the orders, and is used as a motto for the Knights Radiant as a whole. Each of the orders then have an additional four Ideals that are unique to that order. The Ideals of the Order of Windrunners all focus on protecting the innocent and defenseless. The Ideals of the Order of Skybreakers all focus on fighting for justice, upholding codes, and protecting civilization. Their Ideals and interpretations would be compatible with the philosphy that the ends justifies the means. Skybreakers tell their recruits all five Ideals when they swear the first one. The Ideals of the Order of Dustbringers all focus on responsibility and controlling one's power, and are designed to teach lessons about the nature of power and the responsibility that comes with it. Unlike members of most of the other orders, the Dustbringers cannot access all of their Surgebinding powers until they have sworn some of the higher oaths. The Ideals of the Order of Edgedancers all focus on remembering and advocating for ordinary people. The Ideals of the Order of Truthwatchers all focus on seeking and sharing truth, as well as making sure it is not improperly exploited. However, unlike the Lightweavers, who pursue personal truths, the Truthwatchers are concerned more with uncovering the greater secrets of the universe. The Ideals of the Order of Lightweavers are very different from those of the other orders. Instead of swearing oaths centered around a specific theme, Lightweavers instead speak individual truths about themselves. Some have theorized that Lightweavers' progression is tied to truth like this because their actions frequently blur the line between truth and lies and they need to learn to distinguish the two. It has also been posited that their more flexible Ideals are because they are closer to Cultivation than Honor. The Ideals of the Order of Elsecallers all focus on progressing with each Ideal and discovering and reaching one's true potential. As a result, the order is more open to all types of people, as long as they want to improve themselves. The Ideals of the Order of Willshapers all focus on individual freedom and liberty; the Willshapers champion self-expression and freedom of choice for all. The Ideals of the Order of Stonewards all focus on working with a team and supporting others, which led them to put others' interests before their own. Of the orders, they were some of the least likely to bend their Ideals. The Ideals of the Order of Bondsmiths all focus on uniting people. However, the uniqueness of the Bondsmith spren means that each individual's specific Ideals may take various forms depending on the spren they are bonding and the situation."

Ros had been lost in thought until he heard Windrunners, at that, he perked up and started mumbling.

Crescendo stood up. "Okay, I'm going to my room." She walked out of the room and into her room, closing and locking her bedroom door. "What did you want to talk about during class?"

"Why you are still ashamed of being a Releaser."

"Well, from what you've told me and what I've studied, the Releasers, or Dustbringers as they were known, were often spurned by the other orders because of their more destructive power. I don't want that to happen to me again, it's already happened once in my own village. I'm sorry if I seem ashamed of you, I'm really not, but I do want to keep my friends, so I'll try to keep them from knowing."

"I suppose that makes sense. Of course, human connections are unreliable. It's much better to have a spren."

"Thanks, Diminuendo, but I'd like to have both." Crescendo smiled and lay back. "It's almost more than I imagined. The lessons, the people, the space. I love it here so far."

Diminuendo drifted, thinking, as Crescendo fell asleep.

It took a short while for Ros to realize that the class had ended. He then looked slightly embarrassed that he hadn't noticed Crescendo leave. He then decides to make his way back to the room that he chose by himself. As Ros makes it to his room and closes the door behind him, he turns and talks a little softly. 

"Given your attitude and apparel My Lady, I didn't think that you'd want to hide like this."

The room doesn't dignify Ros's comment with a response. He simply sighs and opens his small luggage, placing every one of his few belongings in its new spot. He comes to the last item in the luggage, a Spanreed. Ros prepares the Spanreed and signals to the other side that he wants to talk. As he whats for the response, he contemplates what to write. When the receiver is ready, Ros begins.

"My good Brightlord, it ..." 

He spends nearly an hour of the night, simply writing to his contact, before retiring to bed.