The Caped Crusaders

Condensation

Tria scans Harmony. "You do have an RFID. I guess I'll have to get out my mini EMP." She carefully gets a box out of her belt. She pulls out a small device. From elsewhere, she grabs a battery and slots it in. She then walks up to Harmony. "This is rather close range. Do you mind if I touch you with it? It won't hurt."

11 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"No, I don't mind. Just please stop this thing from working." Harmony carefully steps closer to Tria.

Tria puts the device against Harmony's arm, then presses a button for a few seconds. "That should do it."

Hentient backs into the corner and sits against the wall, trying to relax. There were just so many people. She fiddles with the clasp of her messenger bag, temped to scan her papers for some guidance, though she knows she doesn’t have a plan for... whatever this was. That made her nervous. 

Just then, as she snaps the bag closed for the thousandth time, she hears thunder rumble from outside the cave. 

"I certainly don't. Stay quiet, though." Tria pulls out her flash drive and fiddles with it for a moment, after carefully reversing the process to put away the device. She seems to slide something onto the connection port, then she leans against a wall, closing her eyes. 

Sorry, guys, I haven't been on the Shard much for the past week. I'm starting my first year of college tomorrow, so I won't have time to do an RP, unfortunately. Feel free to do what you want with my character (if you haven't already left him behind pages ago, which I would expect)

8 hours ago, FriarFritz said:

Sorry, guys, I haven't been on the Shard much for the past week. I'm starting my first year of college tomorrow, so I won't have time to do an RP, unfortunately. Feel free to do what you want with my character (if you haven't already left him behind pages ago, which I would expect)

I assumed you were with us, I'll just take control of your character if no one else wants to.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:18 PM, Hentient said:

Hentient backs into the corner and sits against the wall, trying to relax. There were just so many people. She fiddles with the clasp of her messenger bag, temped to scan her papers for some guidance, though she knows she doesn’t have a plan for... whatever this was. That made her nervous. 

Just then, as she snaps the bag closed for the thousandth time, she hears thunder rumble from outside the cave. 

Harmony walks over and sits down next to Hentient. She doesn't know what to say, so she decides not to say anything.

14 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Harmony walks over and sits down next to Hentient. She doesn't know what to say, so she decides not to say anything.

Hentient tenses at the sound of footsteps coming toward her. A girl sits down next to her, one of the epics maybe? The girl doesn’t say anything, so Hentient stays quiet. She’s about to go back to her thoughts, but something stops her. She has to practice normal conversation sometime, right? Why not start now? Slowly, Hentient sets down her bag, resisting the urge to rifle through her papers. 

”So... you’re an epic, right? What’s you’re power? That’s is, if you don’t mind me asking. Actually you don’t have to answer that I’m probably being rude somehow and-” She cuts off before she can embarrass herself, blushing. 

"Ha. Thats a negative. I'm not... The outgoing type. I barley made to this cave without freaking out." Well I did freak out, but Hentient decides not to include that little fact "I'm... Well, im only here cause I thought I could help, but with all these epics now it doesn't seem like normal people like us can do much. Ya know?" 

Hentient chuckles a little. She can feel her anxiety slipping away. For some reason, talking is helping. "I can... Plan well! I've got all these bad babies saved up" Hentient says as she pats her messenger bag fondly. "And you never know, one day a handstand could be very useful." 

"Um... Yeah. I like plans. They make me comfortable. I try to have plans for everything, but obviously I can't, so here I am." Hentient looks up from her conversation, seeing the various people standing around the cave. Some chatting mindlessly, some standing alone. 

Sorry for "starting" the storm, I kinda stalled the plot. 

As Hentient watches the people mingling, the rain pounding outside starts to clear up.