The Caped Crusaders

Condensation

Paranoia, Or maybe introducing a new character. I just wanted to check with you first. She's an Epic, though you said you didn't want any more of them on the team. I was thinking she could be a sort of freelancer that tags along sometimes. If you don't want another epic though, just paranoia. 

1 hour ago, Hentient said:

Paranoia, Or maybe introducing a new character. I just wanted to check with you first. She's an Epic, though you said you didn't want any more of them on the team. I was thinking she could be a sort of freelancer that tags along sometimes. If you don't want another epic though, just paranoia. 

I don't know. We do already have a lot of Epics(and Calamity's gone, so there's not more being made). Go ahead and decide.

The door opened and soldiers walked into her room, followed by Konna. Scient, no, Tion, couldn't remember, but she thought that hadn't happened before. She looked up, confused. Was her mission here? No, they were brainwashing her. Remember! Tion stood up, dazed, and was seized by one of the soldiers. She was grateful for the sup-no, she didn't need any help! She had never needed anyone but Konna. Scient smiled calmly and brushed off the soldier. "Thanks, but I think I can--" she was struck by a fit of dizziness and nearly fell back down onto her bed. The soldier grabbed her again. Again? When had that soldier grabbed her? Tion shook her head, and the soldiers walked out the door, leading her with them. They walked down a long hallway that seemed familiar. Of course it seemed familiar! She had lived here since she was eighteen, she had walked every hallway in this place. And why was that soldier holding her again? She was perfectly capable of walking on her own. But... she was feeling a little unsteady. She let the soldier hold her arm. She glanced over and saw Konna. She relaxed. Wait, she shouldn't be relaxing! Konna had taken her from her home, right? No, she had gone herself. Konna could be trusted.

They came to a door in the hallway and it opened, but Konna and the soldiers didn't go in. The soldier holding her walked her inside and sat her down on a familiar chair. Tion had a moment of clarity. They were brainwashing her. This time, it was the last. Tion could tell, even without her Epic powers. There was an air of finality to the whole process, and Tion resigned herself to it. Even if she were still in possession of her powers, there were soldiers everywhere in this place. She could only hope that whoever she became didn't cause too much harm, although that was unlikely, given Konna's penchant for power. The soldier finished strapping her in, and he placed something on her head that she couldn't see. It was heavy, and she could barely support it. Tion's head dipped, then came back up. When had the soldier left the room? Was something supposed to happen? Tion's eyes closed, but then they snapped open. She couldn't close them, and she couldn't move anything. Her eyes focused on the wall, where a reflection of a green light was growing brighter. It hurt her eyes, and she tried to close them, forgetting that she couldn't. She remembered just for an instant, and then everything went black.

More later!

On 9/23/2020 at 5:19 PM, Hentient said:

“I think I see something up ahead... do you think it’s the buildings?” Hentient asked, pointing in the distance. “I- does it look like it’s getting closer? Like- coming at us??” 

'Okay, nevermind. I think I just need some water." Hentient took a sip from the bottle in her bag. "Common, we should hurry to the buildings. Race ya!" She took off, running toward the buildings. Word to the wise she thought, running in jeans is not fun. She pulled up about a quarter mile from the buildings to catch her breath. @Condensation

8 hours ago, Hentient said:

'Okay, nevermind. I think I just need some water." Hentient took a sip from the bottle in her bag. "Common, we should hurry to the buildings. Race ya!" She took off, running toward the buildings. Word to the wise she thought, running in jeans is not fun. She pulled up about a quarter mile from the buildings to catch her breath. @Condensation

Harmony started running, but she had to stop quickly, as she still didn't have any shoes.

While Hentient waited for Harmony, she examined the buildings. She was hesitant to get closer in case there were traps hidden in the ruins. You never knew these days. Hentient pulled a piece of lined paper out of her bag and read it quickly, then placed it back inside her messenger bag. She bent down, picked up a rock, and threw it about three feet in front of her. Nothing happened. Carefully she stepped where the rock had landed, and repeated the process. It was slow going, but it would make sure she didn’t step on any epic-enhanced land mine or spring trap. And it gave Harmony some time to catch up. 

When Harmony caught up, an odd look was on her face. “Just being safe. You should be able to walk up to me, just stay behind me.” Hentient said, picking up another rock. They were getting close to the buildings now. Hentient tapped her ear piece, “Um, so, hi then.” She said “Harmony and I... We found some buildings that should work pretty well. Oh, this is Hentient by the way... um. Over?” 

37 minutes ago, Hentient said:

When Harmony caught up, an odd look was on her face. “Just being safe. You should be able to walk up to me, just stay behind me.” Hentient said, picking up another rock. They were getting close to the buildings now. Hentient tapped her ear piece, “Um, so, hi then.” She said “Harmony and I... We found some buildings that should work pretty well. Oh, this is Hentient by the way... um. Over?” 

"I don't know if we want to use these or the ones Tria found, but these'd work."

3 hours ago, Hentient said:

2 hours ago, Condensation said:

"I don't know if we want to use these or the ones Tria found, but these'd work."

2 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

DQ followed Tria, pondering on how she got involved in all of this.

"What's your location? I'm good with either. How much tech can you see?"

37 minutes ago, Hentient said:

“It’s a pretty standard city, but it looks abandoned. There’s some of those old Jumbotron's and signs. It also looks like there’s some security cameras in the nearby store front.”

"That'll work well for our purposes. Do you know your location?"

• 2 weeks later...