On 8/2/2020 at 0:05 PM, Frustration said:

So, I don't know exactly how to put this but some of the girls where asking about dating guys so I guess I'll put it here.

Disclaimer

Reveal hidden contents

What I put below may be already know to you. I also might phrase it badly in which case feel free to point it out so I can word it better.

Additionally I am what is considered 'weird' so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

So the one thing I will say is to not only except but expect curtacy, your looking for a husband expect the best from him.

If a guy offers to open doors, or pull out a chair for you let him, for two reasons.

1. It makes them feel appreciated

2. It gets them in the habit of doing it. 

To guys do all of these while on dates, and some of them whenever you can.

Open doors, the lady should always be the first one in the building.

Pull out their chairs when they need to sit.

If it's cold give them your coat.

Of there isn't enough chairs for both of you, you are the one that needs to stand.

Pay the bill.

I know that this isn't a complete list but it'll do for the time being.

Anyway that's my two cents.

YES YES YES I would love this please do!

15 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

See, this is funny timing because earlier today I was going through my contacts and accidently fat-fingered the face time button on the girl who I decided I didn't have a crush on but might have (?) for a while.

My heart rate instantly skyrocketed into the 'completely terrified' zone... but I clicked end before they answered. Moments later the following conversation occurred (paraphrased)

Her: ?

Me: Sorry, that was an accident

Her: I mean, we can face time if you want but I didn't think that was something we did *insert laughy cry face*

Me (hesitant): Nah

No reply

So now I am very confused. And keep in mind this is after not really speaking to each other for a few weeks, which just makes me wonder more. Help? :P 

Sometime soon, ask her if she wants to FaceTime! That's where I'll stop because Fog wants the computer.

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Sometime soon, ask her if she wants to FaceTime! That's where I'll stop because Fog wants the computer.

That's... not the point :P. Don't really want to, tbh. I'm just trying to figure out what the reply meant.

10 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

That's... not the point :P. Don't really want to, tbh. I'm just trying to figure out what the reply meant.

I don’t think she meant much by it, I mean I don’t know her obviously but I’m guessing it’s just something she said, and not and effort to get you guys to FaceTime. (If that’s what your confused about?)

Also she probably didn’t respond because “nah” is *cough cough* a one word answer *cough* 

Anyway I’m curious, what do guys talk about when girls aren’t around? Sports? Food? Mustaches? Girls?

Edited by Hentient

Just now, Hentient said:

Anyway I’m curious, what do guys talk about when girls aren’t around? Sports? Food? Mustaches? Girls?

In my experience, mainly video games/memes/other really stupid meaningless topics. :P Occasionally girls, though mostly to laugh at friends for failing to ask someone out. So nothing you would care about. 

With my friends, I talk about video games, books, higher-level math, music, and random philosophizing. But we're nerds, so yeah. It's my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that playing video games, particularly fps games, is standard male activity, but talking about them beyond "I totally crushed you last night" is considered a nerd thing.

Just now, FriarFritz said:

With my friends, I talk about video games, books, higher-level math, music, and random philosophizing. But we're nerds, so yeah. It's my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that playing video games, particularly fps games, is standard male activity, but talking about them beyond "I totally crushed you last night" is considered a nerd thing.

Well, me and my friends are nerds too. :P But it varies on nerdiness. We definitely talk more than "I totally crushed you last night though", but Reddit also is a presense.

Just now, FriarFritz said:

Yeah I think this is basically what "boys talking about girls" is.

Yep. my main experience with this was when one of my friends was too chicken to ask his crush out (we pressured him to do it for 2 months) so my other friend literally did it for him. She said a very flat no and we laughed at him for 2 more months after that :P So good times.

Pick up lines, yayy!!!!

Spoiler

Do you like water? (yes) Great! You already like 75% of me. 

Excuse me are you sick? Because you seem like you're missing Vitamin ME

Are you a parking ticket because you've got fine written all over you

Are you my self esteem cause I've been lookin for you everywhere!

Is your name WIFi? Cause I feel a connection 

*points at shirt* You know what this is? (what) Girl/Boyfriend/significant other material

Can I give you a kiss? If you don't like it you can return it.

Motcojcolds specials

Spoiler

Are you the Iron rod because I want to hold on to you forever.

Are you Labans sword? Cause the workmanship thereof is exceedingly fine 

Can you bring you feelings for me to the church on Wednesday at 7? Cause I'm pretty sure its mutual. 

I just got off my mission and I'm lookin for a new companion

And a shout out to Corona 

Spoiler

You can't spell quarentine without U R A Q T

One-ply? Two-ply? Neither. I'm just waiting for your reply

Do you need toilet papaer? Cause Ill be your prince charmin

You can't spell virus without U and I

Edited by Hentient