18 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

How do I get rid of the Shadow creature singing opera in my mirror?

I've got some great advice for this one. Watch Phantom of the Opera. Do exactly what Christine does. That means you'll have to find an opera place to perform at. And a guy to fall in love with.

14 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

D'you love me?

Yes!!! Of course!!! So so much!

13 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

What is your favorite church hymn?

Probably I Stand All Amazed.

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I've got some great advice for this one. Watch Phantom of the Opera. Do exactly what Christine does. That means you'll have to find an opera place to perform at. And a guy to fall in love with.

won't work, I'm a boy. and it is the thing singing opera, not me. I also refuse to die.

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

Why would you being a boy make it not work? Dudes can fall in love with dudes.

Also in Phantom, the phantom sings opera, and Christine has to sing back to get rid of him. So if you don't sing opera, you'd better start.

23 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Why would you being a boy make it not work? Dudes can fall in love with dudes.

Also in Phantom, the phantom sings opera, and Christine has to sing back to get rid of him. So if you don't sing opera, you'd better start.

That is a matter of personal choice, and my statement still stands. Singing opera at it does not work.

I thought you were cool!! One of those people that just shows up one day and is immediately popular. Also I thought you'd be good at RPing even though I'm pretty sure you don't RP (I might've been the reason Fadran asked you to join his RP...)

On 14/05/2022 at 1:16 PM, DramaQueen said:

I thought you were cool!! One of those people that just shows up one day and is immediately popular. Also I thought you'd be good at RPing even though I'm pretty sure you don't RP (I might've been the reason Fadran asked you to join his RP...)

Oh wow, I'm flattered! Thank you :D

Oooh that's a really hard one.......teleportation would get me to Fadr--er--uh.....wherever I'd decide to go faster but I feel like flight would be a more pleasant experience, so I guess probably flight.

Sometimes mindlessly eating oyster crackers helps me do better on homework, idk why. Or listening to chill classical music. Or you could try sitting in different places, like instead of just being at a desk or a table, you could try sitting on the floor or in a hammock if it's warm enough. Just a change of scenery can help. Also one time I was kitty-sitting for my cousin and the kitten was just in my lap asleep so I literally couldn't move so I was like "might as well keep doing my homework" and that might be the most productive I've ever been, so cats asleep on laps can also help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I hear you're big on musicals here! I love musicals as well! This year I played cello in the pit for Into The Woods and absolutely loved it!! Our pianist (the conductor's wife) was actually the pianist for the 2002 broadway revival and 2012 Central Park production of ITW!! So it was soooooooo much fun to get some of the insider tips on how to run the show's music!

What's your opinion on that show (and Sondheim in general)?

4 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Hi! I hear you're big on musicals here! I love musicals as well! This year I played cello in the pit for Into The Woods and absolutely loved it!! Our pianist (the conductor's wife) was actually the pianist for the 2002 broadway revival and 2012 Central Park production of ITW!! So it was soooooooo much fun to get some of the insider tips on how to run the show's music!

What's your opinion on that show (and Sondheim in general)?

I was actually in Into The Woods a couple of years ago!! I played Florinda, and it was a lot of fun (even though it got cut short by COVID...) That's really cool, though! We didn't have a pit orchestra in our production, I've always wanted to be in a show with a pit orchestra. 

I love Into The Woods a lot, and same with Sondheim in general. The man is a genius. His music, his use of themes, the stories, all of it is just *chef's kiss*

Just now, DramaQueen said:

I was actually in Into The Woods a couple of years ago!! I played Florinda, and it was a lot of fun (even though it got cut short by COVID...)

That's so cool! My sister did the show with me and she was Florinda too! She had a lot of fun with the screaming. 

We didn't have a pit orchestra in our production, I've always wanted to be in a show with a pit orchestra. 

Pit orchestras are a lot of fun! How did your production handle the music?

I love Into The Woods a lot, and same with Sondheim in general. The man is a genius. His music, his use of themes, the stories, all of it is just *chef's kiss*

I love Into The Woods. From my experience doing shows, when you perform a show multiple times, you get so emotionally attached to it that it's hard to let go. Our production ended a few months ago and even now I still tear up a bit thinking about it. The show seems so simple at first glace, but it's really a story about triumph, loss, hardship, how to deal with life when the things you love most are ripped away from you. I love the show so much. And now I'm tearing up

Sondheim really is a genius. I can't get over how clever his lyrics are! And his music is so interesting! Just so amazing!!

11 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

That's so cool! My sister did the show with me and she was Florinda too! She had a lot of fun with the screaming. 

Oh yeah, the screaming was so much fun. The sound person had a fun job making sure our mics were turned wayyy down for the screams XD.

Pit orchestras are a lot of fun! How did your production handle the music?

We just had backup tracks that they played from the sound booth just over the sound system lol

I love Into The Woods. From my experience doing shows, when you perform a show multiple times, you get so emotionally attached to it that it's hard to let go. Our production ended a few months ago and even now I still tear up a bit thinking about it. The show seems so simple at first glace, but it's really a story about triumph, loss, hardship, how to deal with life when the things you love most are ripped away from you. I love the show so much. And now I'm tearing up

Sondheim really is a genius. I can't get over how clever his lyrics are! And his music is so interesting! Just so amazing!!

At my school, we usually would have the show professionally recorded, so any actors or techies who wanted could have a way to watch it. However, COVID shut down our run before recording night. We were able to record it later, but because of the limits placed on people in one place at a time, we could only have the actors and like two techies running sound, so it was more of a concert-style recording. Our set was SO cool, it moved around and changed like the woods, we had a frigging carriage that I got to ride in, and it was seriously one of the coolest sets I've gotten to perform on, and we didn't get that for the recording. We didn't get a lot of the blocking and stuff. We didn't get Rapunzel's tower, because we just sang at normal mics. And I still haven't watched the recording because I know it'll make me sob, even though it's been over two years. I've done a lot of theatre, and yeah, a lot of shows have definitely taken a chunk of my heart with them.

Edited by DramaQueen

15 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Oh yeah, the screaming was so much fun. The sound person had a fun job making sure our mics were turned wayyy down for the screams XD.

LOL yeah we had some issues with that as well. During the Midnight songs everyone's mic was on so the techies didn't have to do too much work and people backstage didn't realize and got in a fight/argument backstage during a dress rehearsal... about a guy they liked (who was in the show!). Totally awkward for everyone and quite the story:ph34r::lol::wacko:

19 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

We just had backup tracks that they played from the sound booth just over the sound system lol

Of course, being a pit musician, that seems so sad. I'm sure you guys made it work though. One of the reasons I love playing in the pit is that I get to experience the music with every single actor onstage for every performance. The cello part specifically is playing for probably 95% of the show, so it's even more intense. I love musicals

20 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

At my school, we usually would have the show professionally recorded, so any actors or techies who wanted could have a way to watch it. However, COVID shut down our run before recording night. We were able to record it later, but because of the limits placed on people in one place at a time, we could only have the actors and like two techies running sound, so it was more of a concert-style recording. Our set was SO cool, it moved around and changed like the woods, we had a frigging carriage that I got to ride in, and it was seriously one of the coolest sets I've gotten to perform on, and we didn't get that for the recording. We didn't get a lot of the blocking and stuff. We didn't get Rapunzel's tower, because we just sang at normal mics. And I still haven't watched the recording because I know it'll make me sob, even though it's been over two years. I've done a lot of theatre, and yeah, a lot of shows have definitely taken a chunk of my heart with them.

Stupid COVID. Two years ago our school shut down OPENING NIGHT for Music Man! Literally we finished the final dress rehearsal and then didn't ever get to perform it cause we got the announcement the next morning that our school was closed!!

WOAHHH. That seems spectacular! I wish I could be in a show like that!! Too bad your production was shut down. That seems like it would've been really cool.

Yeah I totally feel like I won't be able to watch my recording for a long time. I really do have a piece of my heart in that show.

• 9 months later...
27 minutes ago, Frustration said:

How's life?

It's going alright! Been pretty busy with school, work, choir, maintaining a social life, and keeping myself alive (adulting is hard), but I'm surviving and I think I'm doing pretty good for someone who hasn't even had a year of experience with adulting yet lol.