Late-knight randomness (or any time when other activity is low)

Just now, Condensation said:

Great! I babysat for a little girl with Down Syndrome, did my chores, came downstairs at 11, the usual. Couldn't check this until like 7.

Oh that's so cool! Babysitting is so much fun, it's basically just getting paid to play games and be a kid again! :lol: I've babysat autistic kids, but I don't have much experience with kids with down syndrome at all (or adults for that matter). Was it harder than normal, or more fun, or both?

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Um, it's both. I regularly babysit for her. I don't find babysitting to be like your description, usually it's more like corralling kids. Especially when there's more than one.

Oh yeah, I guess I kind of generalized all of babysitting! When there's a bunch, yeah it's pretty much like herding cats. I usually babysit in the two's and three's, which is much more fun in my opinion.

^_^ Right as I posted that, actually, I was thinking: oh wait, there was that one time with the three little girls.... Ok, so my revised edited and peer reviewed draft of babysitting: It is fun when you are babysitting older kids in small numbers who are obedient and go to bed when you tell them to and don't put forks in the microwave.

Sooooo, yeah I guess babysitting just depends... :lol:

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Man, I went on a great hike to a mirrorish lake and mountain views and stuff.

And snow, in August :D 

I'll post the pictures 1. In the morning :ph34r: and 2. if I remember.

Lucky!! That's awesome! I can't wait to see pictures! I looove hiking, but it's been awhile since I've done any.

4 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

^_^ Right as I posted that, actually, I was thinking: oh wait, there was that one time with the three little girls.... Ok, so my revised edited and peer reviewed draft of babysitting: It is fun when you are babysitting older kids in small numbers who are obedient and go to bed when you tell them to and don't put forks in the microwave.

I feel that.

12 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Lucky!! That's awesome! I can't wait to see pictures! I looove hiking, but it's been awhile since I've done any.

Here they are! I couldn't decide which ones were the best... so all of them :D Spoilered for size. They're big... :ph34r: 

Spoiler

IMG_0155.JPG.264360033b2180190569c57af9b4c2a8.JPGIMG_0154.JPG.dc4e34c02d164c8cf53b0ce7bba9ab0d.JPGIMG_0155.JPG.41d2e2e9b93606440f50b4c806880400.JPGIMG_0156.JPG.0a51365a1d7b15206e2fa8e38c8e768c.JPGIMG_0157.JPG.958df73a3f5d924505c1ad6aa364ffbd.JPG

^This one you can flip it upside down and you can't even tell, except for the bits of grass in the water. Seriously!

IMG_0158.JPG.b6d92ac05ebe63302a65affaeecaa71c.JPG

I really like the scenery of where I live :D 

5 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Here they are! I couldn't decide which ones were the best... so all of them :D Spoilered for size. They're big... :ph34r: 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0155.JPG.264360033b2180190569c57af9b4c2a8.JPGIMG_0154.JPG.dc4e34c02d164c8cf53b0ce7bba9ab0d.JPGIMG_0155.JPG.41d2e2e9b93606440f50b4c806880400.JPGIMG_0156.JPG.0a51365a1d7b15206e2fa8e38c8e768c.JPGIMG_0157.JPG.958df73a3f5d924505c1ad6aa364ffbd.JPG

^This one you can flip it upside down and you can't even tell, except for the bits of grass in the water. Seriously!

The heck?!?! Those look beautiful! What state do you live in?

5 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hide contents

I just got back from a backpacking trip with views as pretty as those. My favorite part was the stars, but no camera I tried was able to capture their beauty.

9 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

The heck?!?! Those look beautiful! What state do you live in?

Washington. It's really green, but only in the northern/eastern end where I live. Western Washington looks more like Idaho :P 

9 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow the quality of the image itself impresses me just as much as the actual scenery! These look super professional.

4 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Washington. It's really green, but only in the northern/eastern end where I live. Western Washington looks more like Idaho :P 

I was just in Washington last month! Just outside of Seattle seeing some old friends. It's crazy how different it is there from where I live. My biggest surprise was how little life there was other than humans. There were, like, no bugs whatsoever where I was staying. And I don't think I saw a single rabbit or squirrel the whole ten days.

22 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Is there a story about forks in the microwave? 

13 minutes ago, Mist said:

Is there a story about forks in the microwave? 

Ehe he, hehe he hehehehe, ehe he heh...... Heh...

I was babysitting three girls who didn't have a bedtime, were full of caffeine, and had unlimited access to a candy supply. Their parents stayed out until 11:30. I let the oldest girl (who was actually kind of mature) work on microwaving dinner, while I went upstairs and tried to coax the other little girl downstairs to eat. Meanwhile, the third girl had found her way into her parents room where she was rolling around their bed screaming. I finally put down my foot, and told the crying girl that if she didn't go downstairs by the time I counted to five, well, she didn't want to find out what happened when I got to five. Apparently that worked. I came downstairs to see a bright flash come from the microwave, and the older girl running across the kitchen to jerk open the microwave. The mac and cheese happened to be on fire at this point, the fork sticking out the top. Luckily, there was no explosion, and the fire wasn't too hard to put out, but it was just something that added to the stress. Soooo... Yeah, a close call. 

5 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Ehe he, hehe he hehehehe, ehe he heh...... Heh...

I was babysitting three girls who didn't have a bedtime, were full of caffeine, and had unlimited access to a candy supply. Their parents stayed out until 11:30. I let the oldest girl (who was actually kind of mature) work on microwaving dinner, while I went upstairs and tried to coax the other little girl downstairs to eat. Meanwhile, the third girl had found her way into her parents room where she was rolling around their bed screaming. I finally put down my foot, and told the crying girl that if she didn't go downstairs by the time I counted to five, well, she didn't want to find out what happened when I got to five. Apparently that worked. I came downstairs to see a bright flash come from the microwave, and the older girl running across the kitchen to jerk open the microwave. The mac and cheese happened to be on fire at this point, the fork sticking out the top. Luckily, there was no explosion, and the fire wasn't too hard to put out, but it was just something that added to the stress. Soooo... Yeah, a close call. 

Goodness. That's quite a story. 

On 8/23/2020 at 4:37 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

I go to Moses Lake every year and it is not in the pretty part of Washington it's so ugly. But my great aunt lives in Anacordes Island and it's beautiful 

Also for some reason I was convinced you lived in Colorado.

Edited by revelryintheart

1 minute ago, revelryintheart said:

I go to Moses Lake every year and it is not in the pretty part of Washington it's so ugly.

Also for some reason I was convinced you lived in Colorado.

Yeah, it's weird how different the regions of the state are. It's pretty stark when we drive to Utah every summer and watch the landscape change.

Huh. Wonder where that idea came from. :P