The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Frustration said:

"I have found that one of the most effective ways to destroy an empire is to crippple its economic power. If we could find the central treasury and destroy it, the empire will collapse under its own weight."

"That would be preferable... but Wyrdrn is more efficient than that. They have myriads of fallbacks and redundancies; destroying one treasury wouldn't do a thing." Fadran shrugged. "But it's not a bad suggestion. Preferably, we could liberate key universes to reduce their income and whatnot. Eventually we could weaken them enough to invade the capital."

Just now, Szeth_Pancakes said:

“Thousands? Millions? Billions? I can’t remember, but there will always be more to explore.”

He smiled. “And always infinite more you will never touch. Such is the way of the multiverse,” he stated, then paused. “My friends and I do have our own goals in mind, as we scour the universes. Perhaps your extensive knowledge and experience could be… useful, to us.”

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"That would be preferable... but Wyrdrn is more efficient than that. They have myriads of fallbacks and redundancies; destroying one treasury wouldn't do a thing." Fadran shrugged. "But it's not a bad suggestion. Preferably, we could liberate key universes to reduce their income and whatnot. Eventually we could weaken them enough to invade the capital."

"I will defer to your knowledge. What major resources could we sever their supply of?"

Edited by Frustration

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Out of curiosity - what universes does it rule? The chances are slim that I’ve visited any of them, but perhaps I’ve visited some adjacent to them.”

2 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

He smiled. “And always infinite more you will never touch. Such is the way of the multiverse,” he stated, then paused. “My friends and I do have our own goals in mind, as we scour the universes. Perhaps your extensive knowledge and experience could be… useful, to us.”

“Maybe, maybe. I’ll think on it.”

“Maybe, maybe. I’ll think on it.”

Kelly scribbled it down, but he did not write down that he was also considering, one of these days, learning how to absorb the knowledge of experienced multiversal gods into his own brain, because that sounded like it could be very convenient.

I mean, given the laws of mutliverse we're working with, every multiverse should be within a multiverse, which should be in a multiverse of multiverses, each in a large multiverse, infinitely. For the sake of telling a coherent multiverse story, we as the characters agreeing beforehand to pretend this takes place in a true macrosmos.

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

I mean, given the laws of mutliverse we're working with, every multiverse should be within a multiverse, which should be in a multiverse of multiverses, each in a large multiverse, infinitely. For the sake of telling a coherent multiverse story, we as the characters agreeing beforehand to pretend this takes place in a true macrosmos.

Sounds just peachy to me.

Now, according to the logic, it does technically mean that somewhere in the dark corners of the Macrosmos, it is very likely there are other variants of the Fellowship of the Thing fighting other variants of the evil empires, but we're not playing into that because that'd just break the whole idea of this thing, lol.

"If they have a cosmere, we could liberate a cosmere. I'd do anything to drive my Blade into the face of that Neon Apex again."

14 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"I will defer to your knowledge. What major resources could we sever their supply of?"

"Uhh... well, I think a good place to start would be a place called Illimi." Fadran racked his brain. "After we get this place and a few others under control, that would be a good place to do a major assault. They provide a naturally-growing crystal with near-limitless energy; the universe has never known any need for any kind of energy sources other than that--at least, not until the Wyrdrn took over and took over every planet they could find."

13 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

“Out of curiosity - what universes does it rule? The chances are slim that I’ve visited any of them, but perhaps I’ve visited some adjacent to them.”

"Millions. There's probably a list somewhere, but I have no clue where it is."

5 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I mean... technically, yeah. But let's not get that meta yet :P

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Uhh... well, I think a good place to start would be a place called Illimi." Fadran racked his brain. "After we get this place and a few others under control, that would be a good place to do a major assault. They provide a naturally-growing crystal with near-limitless energy; the universe has never known any need for any kind of energy sources other than that--at least, not until the Wyrdrn took over and took over every planet they could find."

Aradarin nodded. "I will support this course of action."

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran shook it. "So, to clarify, you aren't here to kill all of us?"

"Why would I ever want to kill someone? That isn't nice at all."

2 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Kelly grinned. "Say, how is it you are able to travel the multiverse? Is that built into your magic? Our method is incredibly inefficient."

The yellow drains and red and green intermix.

"Considering that I ended up here and that it took almost two decades to build the machine to do so with almost one hundred people working on it, it is completely inefficient."

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"In here!"

The resistance base was dark, damp, and dirty. The hallways were cramped, sleeping quarters small, and hangars makeshift. Lit with dim electric bulbs, guided by glowing painted white lines, and built by iron beams supporting dug-out cave routes.

Fadran hadn't exactly expected anything more of this place--heck, he'd been here before--but it was always just as awesome as ever.

"This is the best you could do. Isn't there anything more high tech here?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The plan is the beat the snot out of some bad guys, of course."

The green drains to allow red and yellow to mix.

His face contorts to an almost evil smile. "Let's go! That sounds fun!"