The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

"I sold a candle to an old woman once."

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I don't know what that is." Fadran kept his smile on, then turned to the guards. "Sorry about... all this. Can we come in?"

The guards looked at each other, then both nodded warily and opened the door.

"Great! Thanks." He turned back to his companions, new and old. "Alright, y'all; let's get started."

"Where do we begin?"

2 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Although I must say, being in charge of candles would be interesting."

“It was, though I got bored of it after about a decade. Did you know they aren’t supposed to burn out after a few hours? When I was in charge of them, they lasted months.

Aradarin watched the exchange, slowly organising everything said into his coppermind.

"Forgive me for interupting, but you mentioned an evil empire that is expanding, my Patron finds this, unsettling, and would like to know how great of a threat it poses to the Cosmere."

"In here!"

The resistance base was dark, damp, and dirty. The hallways were cramped, sleeping quarters small, and hangars makeshift. Lit with dim electric bulbs, guided by glowing painted white lines, and built by iron beams supporting dug-out cave routes.

Fadran hadn't exactly expected anything more of this place--heck, he'd been here before--but it was always just as awesome as ever.

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Aradarin watched the exchange, slowly organising everything said into his coppermind.

"Forgive me for interupting, but you mentioned an evil empire that is expanding, my Patron finds this, unsettling, and would like to know how great of a threat it poses to the Cosmere."

"Cosmere, you say?" asked Kelsier "Kelly" Razier. "I'm from a cosmere."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The resistance base was dark, damp, and dirty. The hallways were cramped, sleeping quarters small, and hangars makeshift. Lit with dim electric bulbs, guided by glowing painted white lines, and built by iron beams supporting dug-out cave routes.

Fadran hadn't exactly expected anything more of this place--heck, he'd been here before--but it was always just as awesome as ever.

"Of all the worlds and riches of the multiverse, this is what we have to settle for?"

Just now, Frustration said:

"A pleasure." Aradarin said, extending his hand. "If I may, what world are you from, and how were you able to leave?"

"If I may ask the same from you. I am from Scadrial, but I quickly stumbled my way into the worldhopping community and ended up toppling a interplanetary criminal empire. I had set my sights on the worlds of the cosmere, and a multiverse had never crossed my mind. However, early one day as I was reading the Elendel Daily, I was visited by a multiverse-traveling group that by some miracle, and no doubt some alien kind of Spiritual Connection shenangians, had been able to find me. I am forced to rely on their technology to travel, although compared to all other forms of multiverse travel, it seems quite limited."

He extended his hand.

"My name is Kelsier, but you can call me Kelly."

In my mind, Kelly Razier comes from a universe that is the cosmere, with extremely slight variations (aka my headcanons shoved into it). So while our characters may not be from the exact same cosmere, it's pretty dang close they might not even notice.

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

"If I may ask the same from you. I am from Scadrial, but I quickly stumbled my way into the worldhopping community and ended up toppling a interplanetary criminal empire. I had set my sights on the worlds of the cosmere, and a multiverse had never crossed my mind. However, early one day as I was reading the Elendel Daily, I was visited by a multiverse-traveling group that by some miracle, and no doubt some alien kind of Spiritual Connection shenangians, had been able to find me. I am forced to rely on their technology to travel, although compared to all other forms of multiverse travel, it seems quite limited."

He extended his hand.

"My name is Kelsier, but you can call me Kelly."

"Thank you, I'm originally from Roshar, I worked as a scholar at Silverlight, but never could learn enough. Eventually I made a deal with the shard Frustration, I would serve him, and in exchange I would be able to learn from firsthand expirience. A short while ago my Patron and Harmony discovered some worldhoppers from outside the cosmere and set me to investigate."

The Fellowship was given an unused cavern for their quarters; within about half an hour the workers there had provided some cots and other basic necessities. After chatting with the man in charge for a few minutes, Fadran had also set the team up as a seperate, unliscensed squadron.

Which, of course, meant that they had a couple starships at their disposal.

"I think I'm gonna like this place." Fadran said.

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

"Thank you, I'm originally from Roshar, I worked as a scholar at Silverlight, but never could learn enough. Eventually I made a deal with the shard Frustration, I would serve him, and in exchange I would be able to learn from firsthand expirience. A short while ago my Patron and Harmony discovered some worldhoppers from outside the cosmere and set me to investigate."

"Oh, wow, we don't have a Frustration Shard that I know of. I take it you're able to harness the Investiture from your Patron, as you call it, to phase across universes? Ours works similarly, except we base in a world where—to use Cosmere terminology, the Shards of this world have lost their Vessels. Except, the power doesn't gain sentience. The world is empty, so we can use, quite literally, "all the power in the world", but our biggest issue is in finding universes to jump to."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The Fellowship was given an unused cavern for their quarters; within about half an hour the workers there had provided some cots and other basic necessities. After chatting with the man in charge for a few minutes, Fadran had also set the team up as a seperate, unliscensed squadron.

Which, of course, meant that they had a couple starships at their disposal.

"I think I'm gonna like this place." Fadran said.

Pearl made her way over to Fadran, whistling inconspicuously. "So.... what's the plan anyway?"

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Oh, wow, we don't have a Frustration Shard that I know of. I take it you're able to harness the Investiture from your Patron, as you call it, to phase across universes? Ours works similarly, except we base in a world where—to use Cosmere terminology, the Shards of this world have lost their Vessels. Except, the power doesn't gain sentience. The world is empty, so we can use, quite literally, "all the power in the world", but our biggest issue is in finding universes to jump to."

“I know of several cosmeres that have a Shard of Frustration, plus a few meta-cosmere universes that have that as well!” Ker leaned against a wall of the cavern. “So, yeah, what’s the plan, Mr. Fad?”

2 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"That is fasinating, we appear to come from different versions of the Cosmere. It actually took the combined effort of both Shards, and a prexisting gateway out of my Cosmere, for me to leave."

Just now, Szeth_Pancakes said:

“I know of several cosmeres that have a Shard of Frustration, plus a few meta-cosmere universes that have that as well!” Ker leaned against a wall of the cavern. “So, yeah, what’s the plan, Mr. Fad?”

"I'm sorry my name is Aradarin, Frustration is my Patron."

5 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Pearl made her way over to Fadran, whistling inconspicuously. "So.... what's the plan anyway?"

2 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

"The plan is the beat the snot out of some bad guys, of course."

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

"I'm sorry my name is Aradarin, Frustration is my Patron."

“I wasn’t talking to you, you little dummy.” Ker laughed evilly.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The plan is the beat the snot out of some bad guys, of course."

“Sounds like a nice way to spend a couple of months. I’m in!”

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"That is fasinating, we appear to come from different versions of the Cosmere. It actually took the combined effort of both Shards, and a prexisting gateway out of my Cosmere, for me to leave."

"That sounds like something that would be very hard to accomplish in my version of the Cosmere. Perhaps we ought to compare notes! We do have a Harmony in mine, so things might not be too different."

Just now, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"I can't exactly argue with that plan, but that's kinda stereotypical as far as plots go," she said.

"Yeah, gotta agree with the Narrator on this one."

1 minute ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

“I wasn’t talking to you, you little dummy.” Ker laughed evilly.

"Ah, my appologies."

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

"That sounds like something that would be very hard to accomplish in my version of the Cosmere. Perhaps we ought to compare notes! We do have a Harmony in mine, so things might not be too different."

"It would be my pleasure."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well, first we've gotta decide where to punch them, then we decide how to punch them, then we decide when to punch them." Fadran tapped his chin. "I'm thinking we could start by taking out the administrators in that nearby city. Any objections?"

"If I may, I have a suggestion."