The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

11 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Psyder ignored Nath.

Around the group, more Myrkaal began to pop into existence in blips of shadow. One waved at Psyder.

"Sorry we're late," he called. "There was a barrier around the castle that we had to destroy."

So now everyone is far away?

The wards fall with a flash of light and a sound like thunder

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"You can try," said Psyder as the pair huddled behind a wall of dark crystal along with its creator. "It can't hurt."

Herate nodded and closed her eyes, pushing outward with her telekinesis to deflect anything that might come her way. (Thanks, Wax!) She tried to find the area the fox was in.

The fox hissed, spraying a jet of gleaming liquid silver that burned with the fury of the stars. It streamed around Herate as her forcefield deflected it.

Herate could see the fox better now, its shimmering eyes glowing with incandescent fury. It did not look like a beast capable of being calmed.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Myrkaal approached the silver fox- some on foot, some in the air, some flying in with various constructs.

The fox responded with a roar, sending a wall of fire roaring towards the attackers. The Myrkaal paused as the wave rolled towards them - moving out of the way, constructing shields, or just taking the blast as they deemed fit.

"It has three attacks," calls Psyder. "This is its first. Careful with the fire- it is much harder to extinguish than the average variety."

I take the flame head on without even flinching. The heat melts around me. Every fiber of my being feels the force of its attack, but I don't care. I step forward and raise my head in challenge. "Do you remember me? I jailed you and now I would remove you from this place." The tongue of the ancient gods rings out from my moth. Guttural words fly as arrows from my throat.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The fox hissed, spraying a jet of gleaming liquid silver that burned with the fury of the stars. It streamed around Herate as her forcefield deflected it.

Herate could see the fox better now, its shimmering eyes glowing with incandescent fury. It did not look like a beast capable of being calmed.

Nath, I'm not actively ignoring you, but Herate is. Don't feel bad if I don't respond to it. :)

Well, best give it a try. Holding her breath, she reached out and shoved down on the fox's emotions.

6 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Well, best give it a try. Holding her breath, she reached out and shoved down on the fox's emotions.

Connie, I could tell if you were giving me the cold shoulder. That did not feel like you were. 

Step by step I approach the fox. I dismiss the blades. "I would reach an accord. They are my enemy save for the woman who challenges you. I will free you from this world if you come with me. They would use your power to crush their enemies. I will find a world for you. I locked you away in the past. I am wiser now and so are you!" My voices reaches out over the winds that I have called.

Edited by Nathrangking

10 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I take the flame head on without even flinching. The heat melts around me. Every fiber of my being feels the force of its attack, but I don't care. I step forward and raise my head in challenge. "Do you remember me? I jailed you and now I would remove you from this place." The tongue of the ancient gods rings out from my moth. Guttural words fly as arrows from my throat.

Silver fire melts to orange and then to nothing as it passes over the glowing figure.

The fox pauses, fear catching it in its tracks. Yes... it remembers this being. Remembers standing in a field of burning flowers, surrounded by five united against it. And this one... yes, this was their leader. The one with the Key of Binding, the one who said the words that would ensnare it for an eternity.

For a moment, it shrinks back. And then... then it remembers more.

It remembers the color of the flowers as they burned... orange and red and blue. Wrong colors. Not silver. Silver was of the fox, of the world it created with its presence. It knew that fire should be silver, should act as water or air or light, and obeyed it completely. For it, these things were true.

But the Binder had known they were not. And reality had followed him. As it did now- the silver flames turning to orange in his presence. Only in his presence.

10 hours ago, Condensation said:

The fox felt a feeling of apathy wash over it, dulling its anger. Its eyes dimmed slightly, and it ceased its fire as Nath approached.

Step by step I approach the fox. I dismiss the blades. "I would reach an accord. They are my enemy save for the woman who challenges you. I will free you from this world if you come with me. They would use your power to crush their enemies. I will find a world for you. I locked you away in the past. I am wiser now and so are you!" My voices reaches out over the winds that I have called.

The fox narrows its eyes.

"You offer me safety?" it hisses. "A world of my own? Enemies to burn?"

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Silver fire melts to orange and then to nothing as it passes over the glowing figure.

The fox pauses, fear catching it in its tracks. Yes... it remembers this being. Remembers standing in a field of burning flowers, surrounded by five united against it. And this one... yes, this was their leader. The one with the Key of Binding, the one who said the words that would ensnare it for an eternity.

For a moment, it shrinks back. And then... then it remembers more.

It remembers the color of the flowers as they burned... orange and red and blue. Wrong colors. Not silver. Silver was of the fox, of the world it created with its presence. It knew that fire should be silver, should act as water or air or light, and obeyed it completely. For it, these things were true.

But the Binder had known they were not. And reality had followed him. As it did now- the silver flames turning to orange in his presence. Only in his presence.

The fox felt a feeling of apathy wash over it, dulling its anger. Its eyes dimmed slightly, and it ceased its fire as Nath approached.

The fox narrows its eyes.

"You offer me safety?" it hisses. "A world of my own? Enemies to destroy?"

"I would offer these things to you. I cannot pretend to be your friend. We know that I bound you. I was young and a fool. As allies we can this moment act with wisdom." Much of the beast falls away as I force it to flee. "I have lost much and emerged different. The ancient gods are no longer my kin. These who hide would make you theirs. This I cannot allow." Something bordering on emotion fills my voice.

2 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

*DEEP BREATH*

So we did a lot of stuff that wasn't really relevant but that led to here. It includes everyone meeting up, us escaping a universe that was not a great place, and now we're on Sel. Along the way, the important people we met are Nath and Fox (an ancient god who's lost his immortality and accidentally let out a bunch of inter dimensional demons, which is important, and Fox is his adopted daughter who is hallucinating his dead wife. I don't understand it either), Vapor and Jek (a couple, Vapor is currently held captive by Rish, a god like Nath, and is being turned into a weapon. Jek is mad at Fadran because we won't go save her), and Herate (who is kinda sorta betraying us right now). Currently, we're on Sel and are leading a revolution against Wyrn, but it's complicated because there's one of Nath's demons here and we have to work with Wyrn to try and get rid of it, which is partly why Herate joined Wyrn. Fadran and Queen are being cute, Psyder is training Herate, and most of the other characters are just around the Rebellion's camp. Nath, Fox, and one of my characters, Vale, are going to try and find the silver fox and deal with it to help us out. If that makes sense, great, if not, tell me.

Thanks! Yes, it made sense, but there is no way I'll remember all of that. At least not for a little while... I'll try, though.

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

A growl threatens to rise up, but I suppress it. The beast crawls from the depths of my soul to the surface. Energy pours off of me. In the distance a voice calls out to me. I don't respond to Vale right away. Instead, I grab onto his shoulder and latch onto my bond with Fox. "Hold on Daughter."   My voice takes on a slight grow. "Like this." A pillar of light swallows me and carries me toward the voice made of raw power. In an instant I appear in a blinding pillar of light on a burning landscape. I sag slightly and then I see Psyder and Herate. This time a growl escapes my throat and I make my way over to them. Wicked curved blades of light appear in my hands.

@Tesh @Scarletfox

Circestran gasps as she senses something change in Nath. 

Would now be a good time for me to jump in? Is that why you mentioned me? It did take me a while to get on and read these, though...

(You guys are fantastic writers, by the way.)

What is your guys's thing with magic systems? Can I use one from a published work (like the Cosmere or something) or make something new and weird? Or would it be easiest if I just didn't have anything like this? (I'm good with any of this, by the way.) 

Also, would it be better for me to join right away, wait a little while, or start somewhere separate? I just don't want to mess up anything that's going on with my limited knowledge of the situation.

19 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Would now be a good time for me to jump in? Is that why you mentioned me? It did take me a while to get on and read these, though...

It could be, depends on your character. If you happen to be on Sel, this would be hard to ignore.

As for magic systems, most of us are using our own creations, but some people are using Cosmere magic. I don't think anyone is using a system from a different work but I can't keep track of everyone :P 

Seeing the light show, Vale starts running towards the battle. While he wishes he could speed himself up somehow, there's no power he could summon that would be worth the time it would take to find it. He'll have to rely on his own feet, although he does reach his arm through a portal and pull out a pair of dark glasses as he runs.

Edited by Negative_Null

A growl threatens to rise up, but I suppress it. The beast crawls from the depths of my soul to the surface. Energy pours off of me. In the distance a voice calls out to me. I don't respond to Vale right away. Instead, I grab onto his shoulder and latch onto my bond with Fox. "Hold on Daughter."   My voice takes on a slight grow. "Like this." A pillar of light swallows me and carries me toward the voice made of raw power. In an instant I appear in a blinding pillar of light on a burning landscape. I sag slightly and then I see Psyder and Herate. This time a growl escapes my throat and I make my way over to them. Wicked curved blades of light appear in my hands.

@Tesh @Scarletfox

Circestran gasps as she senses something change in Nath. 

Fox took in a quick breath as something odd happened with her bond with Nath. 

10 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

"Do you think we should... follow him?" @Scarletfox

"I think not? He told me to 'Hold on.'

"I would offer these things to you. I cannot pretend to be your friend. We know that I bound you. I was young and a fool. As allies we can this moment act with wisdom." Much of the beast falls away as I force it to flee. "I have lost much and emerged different. The ancient gods are no longer my kin. These who hide would make you theirs. This I cannot allow." Something bordering on emotion fills my voice.

"I remember those promises," hissed the fox. "Same as you promised us an eternity ago. I was a fool to believe you then, as much as you were a fool to betray us. But at least one of us has grown wiser." It's eyes glow brighter, silver color pushing inwards on Nath's bubble of reality. It opens its mouth, light gathering at the back of its throat as it prepares the most powerful of its attacks.

"Traitor," it roars, its fury returned in full.

9 hours ago, Condensation said:

Nath was... bargaining with it? Herate turned to Psyder. "Stop attacking! It'll work!"

"Apparently not," said Psyder dryly. 

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I remember those promises," hissed the fox. "Same as you promised us an eternity ago. I was a fool to believe you then, as much as you were a fool to betray us. But at least one of us has grown wiser." It's eyes glow brighter, silver color pushing inwards on Nath's bubble of reality. It opens its mouth, light gathering at the back of its throat as it prepares the most powerful of its attacks.

I force myself to stay calm. My eyes betray none of the weakness that is saturating my flesh. The winds gather to me whispering. They surround us hiding our words from those who hide. Further gusts wait to strike if needed. The beast within struggles to get free and sinks knives into my every joint and organ to force me to relinquish control. Coldly I slap it down. "How eons shape the memories of ancients. You were one of the first that the prison claimed. I know how you must have been consumed by dreams of vengeance. This warped your recollection. I the young hunter and destroyer did not promise you anything more than imprisonment. I don't deny my betrayal as one immortal to another. The ancient ones had me as their weapon. On their behalf I threw my own wife into that prison of prisons. We are not allies nor friends. However, what have I to gain now by telling you lies. The prison walls have shattered. What would I send you back to? I don't need you to trust that I am going to do anything more than keep you from my enemies. Destroy me if you wish. You are not so much the fool that you would distrust the one being who who knows full well the weight on eons." 

Kaia had wanted to be left alone. 

But what she wanted didn't matter.

It had never mattered in the past, and didn't matter now.

Slowly, carefully, Kaia twisted and poked her head out from the small hollow in the ground. She made sure to keep her darkness tight around herself, obscuring her from the view of anyone who happened to be watching. However, no one seemed to be watching her. But the people did seem like they had better things to do than to talk to the likes of her. Small, afraid, and hiding using the very power she was despised for possessing.

Kaia watched. She could hardly make sense of anything that was happening. It was... Odd. Nothing like she was accustomed to seeing back at home. 

A thought struck her. A thought that was dark and rebellious. They're like me.

They had magic of some sort. Magic that wasn't from this cursed planet. Magic like Kaia's own.

She didn't understand what she was seeing, but as more people joined the group, she knew she had to do something before they all left. Maybe they could take her away.

Or maybe they would kill her for interrupting them.

It was worth the risk.

But still, Kaia was afraid. Trembling, she tucked her head back into the small hollow, trying to make herself as small as possible. She took deep, trembling breaths, trying to summon the courage necessary to confront those people and... whatever else was with them.

Now.

She stood, pushing away enough of her darkness for her features to be visible, and leaving the rest only for the comfort it provided. Walking towards the group on trembling legs, Kaia had to force herself not to draw any more darkness towards herself. She had to let them see her. If she approached them as a shadow, they wouldn't recognize her for what she was: a small and defenseless human.

Let me know if this doesn't work with the current situation. I am not quite sure what everyone looks like or what exactly they look like while doing the things that they are doing, so that was vague on purpose...

A little about Kaia- she's about 17, rather short, and has red hair and green eyes. Simply put, she can control darkness. The more she uses the more she becomes a shadow, even if she isn't using the darkness on herself. Dismissing the darkness will make her become a physical human again. The darkness is formless, while the shadow she becomes is a three dimensional shadow person. If that makes any sense at all. 

She doesn't know where she's from. She just knows that she has spent the last seven years in a small town where she has always been abused by the people she lives with and those around her for the strangeness of her magic.

12 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Seeing the light show, Vale starts running towards the battle. While he wishes he could speed himself up somehow, there's no power he could summon that would be worth the time it would take to find it. He'll have to rely on his own feet, although he does reach his arm through a portal and pull out a pair of dark glasses as he runs.

YES.

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Give him a bit. Nath's really powerful, but he's even better with words."

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

I force myself to stay calm. My eyes betray none of the weakness that is saturating my flesh. The winds gather to me whispering. They surround us hiding our words from those who hide. Further gusts wait to strike if needed. The beast within struggles to get free and sinks knives into my every joint and organ to force me to relinquish control. Coldly I slap it down. "How eons shape the memories of ancients. You were one of the first that the prison claimed. I know how you must have been consumed by dreams of vengeance. This warped your recollection. I the young hunter and destroyer did not promise you anything more than imprisonment. I don't deny my betrayal as one immortal to another. The ancient ones had me as their weapon. On their behalf I threw my own wife into that prison of prisons. We are not allies nor friends. However, what have I to gain now by telling you lies. The prison walls have shattered. What would I send you back to? I don't need you to trust that I am going to do anything more than keep you from my enemies. Destroy me if you wish. You are not so much the fool that you would distrust the one being who who knows full well the weight on eons." 

11 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Give him a bit. Nath's really powerful, but he's even better with words."

Nath's words were lost in the powerful roar rippling from the fox's mouth as it gathered energy for a fatal strike.

"If he keeps talking, he will die," said Psyder matter-of-factly, increasing the volume of his words so that Herate could hear them. "I do not think the creature is even listening to him anymore."

--

Off to the side - where no one was looking - Jeffery, Ashley, and Decrin emerged from a fading cloud of shadow.

5 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox took in a quick breath as something odd happened with her bond with Nath. 

"I think not? He told me to 'Hold on.'

"Ok, but I'm going"

Vale runs out of the trees and quickly takes in the situation. He runs towards Nath, trying to get between him and the Fox

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nath's words were lost in the powerful roar rippling from the fox's mouth as it gathered energy for a fatal strike.

"If he keeps talking, he will die," said Psyder matter-of-factly, increasing the volume of his words so that Herate could hear them. "I do not think the creature is even listening to him anymore."

--

Off to the side - where no one was looking - Jeffery, Ashley, and Decrin emerged from a fading cloud of shadow.

I sigh. Those winds which had waited were now strike fast. They encircle the fox and become ever denser until it is immobilized completely. With what remain of my speed I lunge forward and place my hands on the barrier which parts and allows me to touch the fiery fox. "If you want revenge then come and retrieve it." My form flickers before I vanish into the ruins of my mindscape. A gate for the Fox to enter forms. 

45 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I sigh. Those winds which had waited were now strike fast. They encircle the fox and become ever denser until it is immobilized completely. With what remain of my speed I lunge forward and place my hands on the barrier which parts and allows me to touch the fiery fox. "If you want revenge then come and retrieve it." My form flickers before I vanish into the ruins of my mindscape. A gate for the Fox to enter forms. 

The fox burns the winds trying to bind it. With a final, deafening roar, a beam of silver fire shoots out from its mouth and towards Nath, who vanishes as he pops into his mindscape. The beam shoots past Nath and out of the fox's sphere of influence, turning into a harmless light ray.

Psyder peeks out from behind his barrier.
"Attack!" he calls, and a rain of shadowy assaults precipitates on the silver vulpine.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Alright." Herate sighed. "So, are you sure you still want me on the front lines? As you pointed out, I'm not the best yet."