The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Nath should have continued pile on the winds indefinitely and force the Fox to tire itself out. Lesson learned.

26 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The fox burns the winds trying to bind it. With a final, deafening roar, a beam of silver fire shoots out from its mouth and towards Nath, who vanishes as he pops into his mindscape. The beam shoots past Nath and out of the fox's sphere of influence, turning into a harmless light ray.

Psyder peeks out from behind his barrier.
"Attack!" he calls, and a rain of shadowy assaults precipitates on the silver vulpine.

Exhaustion and pain burn away and brand me. Rage explodes as the bursting of a dam releasing a howl that shakes my mindscape. The beast grabs me and imprisons me behind jagged walls of glass. In a whirlwind of burning light I emerge from the mindscape. Those wickedly curved blades from before appear in my hands. In a dance of fury the swords lash out. In my right white hot heat catches flesh while the cold of the deepest touch of fear sunders spirits. Hands of winds violently grab Psyder's troops and throw them away from the Fox by my command. A blinding bolt of lightning that turns darkness into a field of silvery light flies down toward where Psyder stands.

2 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Alright." Herate sighed. "So, are you sure you still want me on the front lines? As you pointed out, I'm not the best yet."

"You're good enough," replied Psyder. "Most of the forces you see here are just as green as you are- we've done a bit of recruiting recently. Believe me, you're above average. Now, take this." He handed her a knife. It was short, simple, and unornamented save for a single runic sigil on the hilt. Despite its unassuming appearance, it radiated an aura of power.

"Mordite blade," explained Psyder. "A good hit with this should finish it off-"

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Exhaustion and pain burn away and brand me. Rage explodes as the bursting of a dam releasing a howl that shakes my mindscape. The beast grabs me and imprisons me behind jagged walls of glass. In a whirlwind of burning light I emerge from the mindscape. Those wickedly curved blades from before appear in my hands. In a dance of fury the swords lash out. In my right white hot heat catches flesh while the cold of the deepest touch of fear sunders spirits. Hands of winds violently grab Psyder's troops and throw them away from the Fox by my command. A blinding bolt of lightning that turns darkness into a field of silvery light flies down toward where Psyder stands.

Technically speaking, it was already a filed of silvery light because of all the fire.

Psyder yelled, disappearing in a flash of shadow as the lightning struck true.

A moment or so passed.

"For blight's sake," he growled as he popped back into existence, energy newly rejuvenated. He flicked out a knife. He hadn't been planning on getting involved in the fighting, but if this arrogant has-been was going to try and interfere...

On 1/5/2021 at 5:59 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"You're good enough," replied Psyder. "Most of the forces you see here are just as green as you are- we've done a bit of recruiting recently. Believe me, you're above average. Now, take this." He handed her a knife. It was short, simple, and unornamented save for a single runic sigil on the hilt. Despite its unassuming appearance, it radiated an aura of power.

"Mordite blade," explained Psyder. "A good hit with this should finish it off-"

Psyder yelled, disappearing in a flash of shadow as the lightning struck true.

A moment or so passed.

"For blight's sake," he growled as he popped back into existence, energy newly rejuvenated. He flicked out a knife. He hadn't been planning on getting involved in the fighting, but if this arrogant has-been was going to try and interfere...

On 1/5/2021 at 7:04 PM, Condensation said:

Herate took the blade and tucked it away in a sheath. "Good to kn-" Psyder was struck by lightning and appeared again soon after. "Are you all right?" She shook her head. "Never mind. You obviously are." She stepped toward the fox.

I stalk forward. Thunder chants in line with my steps and bolts of lightning fly in synchronization with my every movement. Beneath my feet the ground becomes blanketed by unblemished frost. Waves of heat so intense that the earth beneath them starts to melt lash out without warning at Psyder's minions save Herate. A gentle whip of wind grabs the arm of the hand which holds the knife. My voice floats upon the winds and into Herate's ears. "He's enraged Herate. For Eons the Fox was trapped. It destroys because this is in its nature." The rough edges of my voice are barely restrained. "Vale has a plan. We can send the Fox away. Killing it if that is even what Wyrn seeks to do is not justice. There is always another path. The easy path is rarely the right one."

My face breaks out in a wolfish grin. A shower of lightning bolts fly at Pysder from all sides. Jagged hailstones begin to fall.

@Negative_Null

Edited by Nathrangking

9 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I stalk forward. Thunder chants in line with my steps and bolts of lightning fly in synchronization with my every movement. Beneath my feet the ground becomes blanketed by unblemished frost. Waves of heat so intense that the earth beneath them starts to melt lash out without warning at Psyder's minions save Herate. A gentle whip of wind grabs the arm of the hand which holds the knife. My voice floats upon the winds and into Herate's ears. "He's enraged Herate. For Eons the Fox was trapped. It destroys because this is in its nature." The rough edges of my voice are barely restrained. "Vale has a plan. We can send the Fox away. Killing it if that is even what Wyrn seeks to do is not justice. There is always another path. The easy path is rarely the right one."

My face breaks out in a wolfish grin. A shower of lightning bolts fly at Pysder from all sides. Jagged hailstones begin to fall.

@Negative_Null

The screams of the Myrkaal filled the air as Nath's thermal attacks struck home. Many had ways of escaping- ways to dodge or defend against the ground boiling beneath them - but not all. Many a former resistance member died in agony, their newfound powers not enough to protect them against two otherworldly threats at once.

The fox roared its defiance as its attackers retreated. Free of the multitude of tiny annoyances it had been forced to deal with, it focused its attention once more on its true enemy. With a deafening roar, it prepared another silver beam of destruction.

Psyder moved, his construct lending him superhuman speed. His shadow followed him as he ran, warping space in a protective bubble around him. His eyes, now pure black, stared down the arrogant demigod. Daggers appeared in his hands; one normal, one mordite. He could have used the extra edge that mordite brought on a second dagger, but you dealt with what you had. 

With blinding speed, he hurled a dagger at Nath. Most likely a futile gesture, but he needed to size up the situation. Would this fight be impossible, or merely inordinately difficult?

@Nathrangking

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

"Is that plausible at this point, though? It's killed many, hasn't it? It escaped from your prison, and somehow I don't see it being satisfied with one world. It'll also set a precedent we can't afford, the precedent that we'll give an innocent world to a monster who has done evil. If destruction is in its nature, is there anything we can do for it?"

This is the withergeist's fault, by the way.

The line about destruction may be worth writing down for later.

3 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

. "Vale has a plan. We can send the Fox away. Killing it if that is even what Wyrn seeks to do is not justice. There is always another path. The easy path is rarely the right one."

Vale smiled. It was good to know that his plan had been acknowledged in one way or another. Too often what he said was disregarded or only agreed to at the last possible moment. That didn't just go for this group. He began gathering energy to open a portal.

"Don't worry, I think it will like this world just fine."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"Will it ever be satisfied with one world to destroy? Sure, it might take a while, but it will eventually tire. Death is permanent."

Vale stops to glare at her and some sparks fly out from the power he's gathering. "'Ok fine, you want to know the specifics? I'm sending it to a death world. A universe where sane travelers fear to go. They have demons, monsters, and giant robots that can flatten whole cities. The smallest and youngest race of this world is still one of the most technologically advanced civilizations in this Quantum, and they control multiple planets in a galactic wide empire. 50 of their elite warriors would be overkill to take over this whole planet and there are millions of them. As if that wasn't enough, the whole universe has a hole in it from when it collided with another reality, so it's being beseiged by monsters from within the tear through space-time and by an unstoppable horde of aliens intent on eating every scrap of organic material in the cosmos. If the Fox manages to get out of here, I will offer myself to it because it's more powerful than most gods I've met."

Guys, the Warhammer 40k universe really is insane.

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"And the rest of the monsters? The ones Nath released?"

"I'd prefer to worry about that later, but if there's anywhere that can handle us dumping a bunch of monsters into it, it's there."

The orb he's gathering starts glowing brighter. 

"Nath, I can open the portal as soon as you're ready!"

I guess it's a little weird to have this totally calm conversation in the middle of a fight, but I did kind of visualize it while we're still dodging attacks

"By the Council, the Cosmere is a strange place." Vale says, more to himself than to her. He closes his eyes as the orb of energy starts to pulse slightly. "This isn't going to stay stable that much longer. I'm stretching rather far to reach this universe. If you're going to do something, do it quickly."